YesNoOk

Amidweiz's totally original review thread (Read 42903 times)

Started by Amidweiz, February 19, 2015, 04:04:31 am
Share this topic:
Re: Amidweiz's totally original review thread
#21  May 24, 2015, 12:46:50 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
The salt is real.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#22  May 24, 2015, 12:50:02 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Grox Yasakani by Grox (Edited off either K’ or Nao by Nao&M)

Because the cross of saint peter makes you a edgy assho... K' recolour

"You judge me?" ~ It's taunt

Now I’m usually lenient towards KoF edits because even though some of them suck they tend to be the most creative but today oh no we got something really “Special”. The voice, the moves, the everything it’s goddamn hilarious for the wrong reasons.

The only photo because I was lazy

First of off it’s a six button character, not the shortcut of c and z type six button character but the Don Drago type KoF six button character… but with Don Drago’s characters there actually good unlike this thing. It’s bad when I can find an infinite (F + Mp with a bit of timing and for some reason it’s easier to do it when the opponent is crouching) in the first five minutes of testing the character out.

PROTIP: When having a character that has a move that requires more than four buttons to be pressed simultaneously, some computers (Like my laptop) don’t input it and also these are the easiest commands in the history of the world, not even MvC is this easy with the commands. Most of these commands are supers in which there is an UNAVOIDABLE LEVEL 2 SUPER and to consider how fast this character gets power. (Through most attacks even when it misses… Hell the teleport gives you power… FUCK supers give you back power) Another thing I discovered is that his x+z super makes him invincible for a sort amount of him if the super hits (which the super is unavoidable BTW)

For being a KoF edit this is probably the worst I have ever come across (And this is the guy that has KoF acradboy on his roster)

Coding 2/5 – lol
A.I. 2/5 – BnB shit you usually see with these KoF edits
Presentation 1.5/5 – Awful even for a KoF edit
Creativity 2.5/5 – LOL U JUDG M3
Playability 2.7/5 – It’s a little bit more usable than Robert which is sad… I think

download: https://mega.nz/#!xZoVlCAC!C3MkVdVGInWeCokRq3-TqxHVX-FEsPFUhqyhHtAiFHU

The salt is real.

Oh lol
Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:15:57 am by Amidweiz
#23  May 24, 2015, 12:59:22 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Grant by Infinite

"Whether it is the past, present, or future, you will not be able to defeat me!" ~ Just wait until you see Calbaki... If his sprites ever get made

Well another boring creation won COTM, no big surprise… (As I mentioned on the Robert review) To be honest I don’t really need to review this thing it’s that boring. To be honest this is LAZYER then Robert, in least with Robert it tried to make new sprites even though their terrible… this is just MOTW Grant that is fatter and has less colours to his palette. It’s only marginally different from Robert only for the easier combos you can do with Grant and how much supers you have. The only real glitch I found with him is if you do a super at the last hit of the D,DB,B, a+b b+c a+c EX at a wall you get a sound glitch with the wall bounce

This is the only interesting thing about it... and it's shit

Coding 3.5/5 – Average POTS clone coding good but boring
A.I. 2/5 – BnB shit
Presentation 2.5/5 – Average
Creativity 1.5/5 – BORING
Playability 3/5 – Better than Robert but not by much

download: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=b2dc6a83e2e5bc77%21188
Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:30:45 am by Amidweiz
#24  May 24, 2015, 01:08:10 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Damn you really dont like pots style character
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#25  May 24, 2015, 02:53:53 am
Speaking about the supers they do jack shit damage IMO an LvL 1 super should in least do 250 damage point at minimal. Most of the time a simple combo of EX can equal an LvL 1 super as in terms of damage. (Even though this character has a power charge, that shouldn’t be the reason why damage should be severely lacking)

In CvS2 level 1 supers did shitty damage, so it's actually not that strange. However it does touch upon the presentation aspect in that yes, supers taking that little damage looks awful, save for a few exceptions. One of my gripes with CvS2 or anything based off of it.
Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:59:05 am by Niitris
#26  May 24, 2015, 07:56:48 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Hey, mind reviewing one of Duracelleur's characters? (I'm thinking of his Olof edit, and it's really weird)
#27  May 25, 2015, 12:29:02 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Damn you really dont like pots style character

I wouldn't hate them so much if they weren't the style of character that gets made 24/7,
and they win COTM even though there are better characters with more though put into them.
To be honest COTM's in the past have had their share of bad characters aswell
but this is 2015 and we should know what makes a good, and interesting character.

In CvS2 level 1 supers did shitty damage, so it's actually not that strange. However it does touch upon the presentation aspect in that yes, supers taking that little damage looks awful, save for a few exceptions. One of my gripes with CvS2 or anything based off of it.

The only reason why a Lvl1 super should do piss poor damage is there's a fast power charge in place, or the super is flexible with it's execution in combos... but ya I think lvl1 supers should in least do 25% damage on their own.

Hey, mind reviewing one of Duracelleur's characters? (I'm thinking of his Olof edit, and it's really weird)

Sure, I do know Duracelleur's characters can be quite funky to the point were he just pulled some of his characters of his mediafire, and onedrive. And also did he ever edit mina before or did he just put her in this pic for shit's and giggles (and also I thought I saw a video of her before)

Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:41:31 am by Monochrome satan
#28  May 25, 2015, 12:54:39 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
The salt is real.

Do I really want to know why did you say that?

I'll keep having an eye on this thread. Glad to know you don't let yourself to be impressed by the same overrun formula.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#29  May 25, 2015, 01:03:35 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#30  May 26, 2015, 01:42:49 am
  • Wherever theres chaos, I'll be there.
Can you do a review of Bunny Tracy, Daphne and Rober Pasta.
All three are a joint effort of me, DuckSS and Trinitronity.
They can be found in my sig with the link to the SF4NES remake topic.
#31  September 13, 2015, 03:09:47 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Sorry for being three months late, I guess better being late than never.

Olof by Duracelleur (originally by meka)

~”When MvC ruled the world” – A statement only people at the shoruken forums say

Duracelleur is sort of a mixed bag, his screenpacks are awesome but his edits are mediocre at best and olof is no exception. Much like all his “to six” characters the only real signs of editing are the combos are easier to do, 1-2-3 combos (Which in some characters barely work, E.G. charlotte’s kick 1-2-3 combo), an “MvC launcher”, and the feeling that Real bout fatal fury special and KoF ate MvC and regurgitated it out.

I believe this is in the original character but, lol auto-CLSN (Ironically one of the better examples of it) 

The shit starts to go downhill when you look at his air basics, THEY FUCKING LOOP and I highly doubt that was a problem in the non-edited version of this character. Another gripe I have with this character specifically is that none of his supers have super pause making them useless as in terms of safety. (Which he did improve upon this in his newer characters) Other than that the problem the 1-2-3 punching combo only seems to work in the corner which this problem comes down to the CLSN’s which I assuming that they were like that in the original character.

Here's that air attack looping problem I was talking about (and no I didn't hit the air attack button again)

The general things that I don’t like about the to six series of edits is that they leave a lot of leftover mechanics which screams laziness (You can in least cut the code from the command file which is simple as fuck to do) and in some cases it can break that character, for example charlotte’s standing dodge… if you button mash the dodge while mashing buttons you can get her stuck in the dodging animation. Another gripe with the series is that some characters just reuse attacks (namely basic moves) for different versions of the move. (A medium kick that uses the light kick animation) The combos (depending upon character) can just get fucked so easily like the air combos and the launcher, that thing is so sloppy. With an MvC air launcher I shouldn’t have to worry about if my character is going to go above the other character or if my opponent is going to be above me making my moves whiff. Speaking about MvC aren’t there supposed to be OTGs as a mechanic for some characters, the only character I have seen in this series of edits to has an OTG to charlotte. (Christ I have been talking so much about charlotte I might as well marry her at this point) The choices of characters he MvCatizes can be odd like Mina for example. When I think MvC I don’t think of a keep-away character (unless you consider cable to be one… ugh) and IMO the quintessential keep-away character in fighting games in general (I don’t think MvC had a keep-away character ever but correct me if I am wrong).

In short olof and the whole to six series can be surpassed by MvC shen woo and MvC Mukai by tin, now that is just sad… and I would recommend those two over these edits any day even though their slow as fuck.

Coding 2/5 – It's an edit and not a great one either
A.I. 3/5 – It's default mugen AI, other than the blocking it's better than abusive AI
Presentation 2.7/5 – It has some interesting ideas but poor execution
Creativity 2/5 – I guess trying to make people into a MvCish style is somewhat creative but It's been done to death
Playability 2.5/5 – Wonkey in areas

download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/owndqgl2ao5vjgm/ToSix-Olof.zip
Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:27:04 pm by Amidweiz
#32  September 13, 2015, 05:26:12 am
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
#33  September 13, 2015, 10:34:41 am
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Thanks for the review Amid! His Olof edit and the rest of his "To-Six" edits are pretty lame compared to his screenpacks, because TBH he is a lot more creative when it comes to designing screenpacks.
#34  September 13, 2015, 11:40:56 pm
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I promise I will post that review that D, The Red Cloak wanted me to do but in the mean time I decided to do this

“CvS” Little mac by chuchoryu

~”Alright mi amigo!!” What chuchoryu says when he receives feedback and promises that he will update it but never does or updates it in 6 months after release or so

Well I guess I will have to review a character from the master of releasing alpha characters as full-fledged characters and Little mac is no exception. Now I am familiar with the quality of his characters or lack of and his blind followers who download this tripe, so I might quote on quote “russel some jimmes” here in this review.

The one thing I don’t like right away is the sprites, the look life less… and considering this is supposed to be CvS this is just pathetic. (And it more looks like bootleg rage of the dragons or Powerinstinct: Matrimelee to me) I know characters can have simple animations but this is taking that too far, I’m not exactly a complainer of how a sprite looks but by god this is bad. The arms only move a few pixels; His face never shows life, etc. Now you might be saying “but official FG’s have limited animations” these are usually caused by the technology limitations of the time (if you consider older FG’s) or it’s stylised to be that way, but this character is supposed to be CvS which has very good animations which this character does not. To show a comparison here’s CvS2’s Rugal’s bernstien’s standing anim.

Look how much life the standing anim has, sure it’s short but look at how much things move in it

Here’s another example of a custom take on CvS2, it’s shorter but still has lots of life in it

And then here’s our poopy character barely moving his arms and legs like he has arthritis or something

The lack of sprites of this character doesn’t help at all when trying to make his anims look good at all (just a measly 218 sprites compared to the 2309 sprites that rugal has or the 2264 sprites that Yoko has)

One thing I would like to point out is how horridly misaligned his walking sprites are

But his running anim is fine in terms of alignment with the ground WTF

The coding of this character is just marginally different from KFM and has no right to even be called CvS at all (or even a complete character at all). He literally has the KFM smash uppercut and KFM plam, code for code. (Like that bad version of fox by Gigan X3) His QCB punch attack is an infinite and most of his basics can chain about 6 times if you hold forward. (not to mention that all of his basics except the light standing jab has infinite priority) Like hol “buttking” Funtimes he has only three air and crouching attacks to do no matter if you using X,Y, or Z or A,B, or C. (and if your hold forward while crouching his medium Y punch won’t come out… but the B version will for some reason) I know he’s a boxer but you can in least make his A,B, or C air and ground moves go lower with the punches. (and also the low punches are blockable standing… WTF)

All in all this pathetic excuse of a character is yet another product of chuchoryu agenda of releasing unfinished characters for E-penis in the mugen community (and your intros to your YT videos are fucking annoying not to say that the videos themselves are annoying)

Coding 1.5/5 – poor edit of KFM and it shows
A.I. 2.5/5 – just shit but not BnB shit (It tries to variate but that’s saying that this character has variation)
Presentation 1/5 – God awful
Creativity 1.7/5 – Just a little above Robert but not by much
Playability 2.7/5 – Ironically better than Robert

Download:www.4shared.com/rar/ukVOs6Wnba/CvS_LittleMac.html?
Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 12:00:06 am by Amidweiz
#35  September 13, 2015, 11:59:33 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Well I guess I will have to review a character from the master of releasing alpha characters as full-fledged characters and Little mac is no exception. Now I am familiar with the quality of his characters or lack of and his blind followers who download this tripe, so I might quote on quote “russel some jimmes” here in this review.
where does chuchoryu ever say they are full releases? he clearly notes they are alphas/betas/whatever, it just he never finishes them. also your overall smarmy, "im better than these plebs" tone you take with your review(s) turns me off instantly.

The lack of sprites of this character doesn’t help at all when trying to make his anims look good at all (just a measly 218 sprites compared to the 2309 sprites that rugal has or the 2264 sprites that Yoko has)
Important to note this is basically a headswap of his steve fox and he's barely worked on the sprites, I too was majorly dissapointed by the fact he rushed out a Lil Mac with such terrible looking animations, but are you seriously expecting an amateur freelancer to vomit out 2309 unique frames without getting paid?

All in all this pathetic excuse of a character is yet another product of chuchoryu agenda of releasing unfinished characters for E-penis in the mugen community (and your intros to your YT videos are fucking annoying not to say that the videos themselves are annoying)
Your fake rage and edginess towards this character smacks of people like Angry Video Game Nerd. This is by no means a good character, in fact like most of his work it's unfinished and horrid. But as a reviewer you should try to hide your obvious bias towards Chuchoryu (and for some reason, his fans) unless you expect people to be reading this for catharsis rather than analysis. I've never seen a public or private admission by Chuchoryu that he's doing this for e-penis, in fact he seems to be largely doing this for his own enjoyment and while that doesn't make his characters any good it sure makes you look like a total prick making half-baked assumptions. His YT videos don't have anything to do with the character, I don't know why you thought a review would be a good place for a childish callout with no substantive examples behind it.

Pretty disappointed. This review is more disappointing and juvenile than Chuchoryu's character. "Poopy?" Really??
#36  September 14, 2015, 12:08:00 am
preach it brother.
and hey, i want your opinion on SailorMaRs1030's XI Freeman. he's hosted in kamekaze's site, if you don't have him already.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#37  September 14, 2015, 12:22:43 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
(just a measly 218 sprites compared to the 2309 sprites that rugal has or the 2264 sprites that Yoko has)
Over a thousand of those are fx and groove gauge stuff.

I don't think anyone here is gonna argue that Chuchoryu's works aren't extremely mediocre, but if you're gonna call him out you should at least use accurate comparisons.
#38  September 14, 2015, 12:23:35 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
preach it brother.
and hey, i want your opinion on SailorMaRs1030's XI Freeman. he's hosted in kamekaze's site, if you don't have him already.
Wait so your post where you were asking to Chucho for a dan and saying amigo turns out to be a fake and you actually hate chucho and were trying to humiliate him?

I see. I will remember this.
#39  September 14, 2015, 12:33:43 am
i was joking yeah, and english isn't my first language too.
i already said this. didn't you read it? and i wasn't trying to humiliate him for anything, much less having a bad english (my english is pretty shitty). it was just a joke (and by the tone of your comment it doesn't seem like it was a good one)
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 12:49:45 am by Gennos
#40  September 14, 2015, 12:35:45 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Well his Ingleze esta mucho good tho :P

Although I don't like anything called a chuchoryu character, and I do agree with most of your points (well except the sprite part because what Fubs said), maybe you should try to be more objective next time.
This is a generic forum signature.