Mugen Wiki Thread (Read 19556 times)

Started by pkeffect, September 01, 2007, 04:18:36 am
Share this topic:
Mugen Wiki Thread
#1  September 01, 2007, 04:18:36 am
  • Mugen-Wiki Founder
    • pkeffect.com/
MUGEN-Wiki.Com now open.

I have been hosting various things the past couple years. I have a few sites not going anywhere in the near future.

If I were to dedicate a section to becoming a wiki for Development, Hosting, and what-not, how much support would it get? By requesting this I hope I am not stepping on any toes/future plans of the admins/mods of this site. 

I have spent the last month looking to "pimp" my mugen more than actually playing it. This could be up and running by the time this post is replied to. I do not want to be a "warehouse" and would only host files the "authors" of said files say are 'fine' and files deemed appropriate here on the forums.

- UPDATE: - 2007-09-03 - We now own the .com, .org, .net and .info domains...Other minor updates taken place. 12 Registered members so far. I been moving around and editing submissions ect. I would guess in a month or so the main layout will be done with information and tutorials on how and where to add things. Thank you all!

- UPDATE: - 2007-09-02 - 07:02pm CST - After finding a few bugs I backed up what I had and did a fresh install. Everything is functioning now. I'll try not to break it again ;) Also added free email for registered users and a Statistics script.

- UPDATE: - 2007-09-02 - 04:48pm CST - MUGEN-Wiki.Org still isn't working yet but I also purchased MUGEN-Wiki.Com. Its working now and when the .org starts resolving both domains will point to the same site. We can get started on this thing now officially.

- UPDATE: - 2007-09-01 - 12:48am CST - Bought mugen-wiki.org waiting on it to propagate.  Then I will move it over. Will update post and links when it has propagated. Still waiting on it to propagate.....think I'll buy a couple more domains anyway to be on the safe side.

- UPDATE: - 2007-09-01 -   9:45pm CST - MUGENWiki.Org installed and functional. Added neat URL's, BBCode markup and other various tweaks. Limited to add/edit content for registered users only for now. Isn't much of anything there now. This is open to anyone interested.

Your one stop M.U.G.E.N. spot.
Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 10:24:39 am by Sepp
Re: Wiki
#2  September 01, 2007, 04:34:39 am
  • Coming Soon?
something tells me messatsu tried a wiki in the past kinda like a goto development thing or soemthing.  also pretty sure it barely got off the ground IIRC (which applies to this whole post) it was because of lack of support.  you are welcome to try though
Latest Yoshi alpha ready for feedback Aug 15th check here for details...
#3  September 01, 2007, 04:42:51 am
  • Mugen-Wiki Founder
    • pkeffect.com/
Oh that's fine. If it's all left to me I guess the worst that came happen is people bitch at me for reproducing/hosting said works. Credit will always be given where it can and editing of the wiki will be limited to moderators at least until there is more data in there than can be watched and up-kept by more than a couple people.

I'll have something up tomorrow, and we will see where it goes from there....

#4  September 01, 2007, 11:43:50 pm
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
good luck man hope it works out
#5  September 02, 2007, 12:28:09 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I would greatly appreciate a Wiki on this!

Would cut the number of n00bs asking stupid questions....
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#6  September 02, 2007, 01:42:59 am
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
#7  September 02, 2007, 04:34:46 am
  • Mugen-Wiki Founder
    • pkeffect.com/
Check first post for update. I'll update that post from now on for all news worthy updates to the project. Hope to see some of you there.  ::)

Sucks waiting on DNS to propagate....

Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 08:41:37 am by pkeffect
#8  September 03, 2007, 02:01:38 am
  • Mugen-Wiki Founder
    • pkeffect.com/
*Shameless bump* - See first post for updates..

Plus I was wondering if a Gallery and free image hosting to registered contributors would be a good idea ?

#9  September 03, 2007, 02:33:57 am
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
yeah i think that would be a great idea i would love to contribute how ever i can   :sugoi: :sugoi:
#10  September 03, 2007, 03:16:34 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
something tells me messatsu tried a wiki in the past kinda like a goto development thing or soemthing.  also pretty sure it barely got off the ground IIRC (which applies to this whole post) it was because of lack of support.  you are welcome to try though
No, I didn't. :P  It's easier to contribute when someone takes the time to get something like that off the ground though.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#11  September 03, 2007, 03:19:21 am
  • The Unknown and Rarely Posting Global Mod
I see it says a logo is needed for it. Why not host a design contest in The Graphic Arts thread? Just post some ideas of what you'd like in it, and let people have at it.
#12  September 03, 2007, 03:21:05 am
  • Mugen-Wiki Founder
    • pkeffect.com/
I fixed the Login and Register Links on the Front page.....my bad.

I'll look into inserting a Gallery.

I will also be adding content here and there myself. Would be nice to help have someone help setup the organization of everything.

I'll do my best and moving/editing things is easy.

#13  September 03, 2007, 03:21:37 am
  • Mugen-Wiki Founder
    • pkeffect.com/

#14  September 03, 2007, 03:23:58 am
  • Nice Is Different From Good
    • www.freewebs.com/mommamugen/
I see it says a logo is needed for it. Why not host a design contest in The Graphic Arts thread? Just post some ideas of what you'd like in it, and let people have at it.

I agree with the logo

I'm pretty mugen sabby, and could probily force some of my other peeps who bascily live in an arcade to help ;D

Warner es demasiado agradable ser malo
#15  September 03, 2007, 03:44:55 am
I was looking at the Wiki, in the downloads/sites section, is that going to be public edit?
#16  September 03, 2007, 03:48:31 am
  • Mugen-Wiki Founder
    • pkeffect.com/
Check http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=63948.0

For the gfx contest....

As for editing. Only registered members will be able to add and edit the majority of the wiki. Some pages will be restricted to a mod/admin group for obvious reasons.

This is starting this way so we don't have tons of spam or other useless/useful crap to edit and sort right off the bat. Once the wiki has some substantial content and the organization and layout has been instituted then we can think about opening it up publicly like wikipedia.

Those are the plans anyway. Always subject to change or alteration without the expressed written consent of anyone. :)

#17  September 03, 2007, 03:49:41 am
  • Nice Is Different From Good
    • www.freewebs.com/mommamugen/
Still waiting on the email ;)

Warner es demasiado agradable ser malo
#18  September 03, 2007, 04:13:57 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
It needs to be asked: will this follow a middle ground for both Guild and the rest of the community, or allow Guild's "anything goes" release fests?

I see you are at least blocking unpermitted hosting, but that doesn't stop a bunch of thieves here from listing their own work on it just because "guild didn't say no"
#19  September 03, 2007, 04:20:12 am
Guess I'll go ahead and get to work on adding what I can then.

Edit: Should there really that fixed hosted version? I mean, you have the official link right there. And it looks like you're planning on adding documentation later as to how to fix/add these kinds of things, so why have it there?
#20  September 03, 2007, 04:41:33 am
  • Mugen-Wiki Founder
    • pkeffect.com/
Only there to be there for now.

Once packages, individual things get added things will change. That's why I love the wiki format, it evolves.

Any wiki specific changes/editing/talks/altering should be discussed in the wiki itself now I think.

The fixed version is actually one I put together, I'm sure all this will be edited by tomorrow for newer more up to date things. We offer what we can for now....

I would like as much help as possible for this project, I will continue to update and edit myself but I and only 1 man....

#21  September 03, 2007, 04:59:05 am
Is there a reason for the 15 min locks on things? Also, are you going to add a timestamp / who made edits plugin, because It'll get annoying real fast to have to do that manually.
#22  September 04, 2007, 01:40:50 am
  • Mugen-Wiki Founder
    • pkeffect.com/
It needs to be asked: will this follow a middle ground for both Guild and the rest of the community, or allow Guild's "anything goes" release fests?

I see you are at least blocking unpermitted hosting, but that doesn't stop a bunch of thieves here from listing their own work on it just because "guild didn't say no"

Anyone wanting to release anything should do it on a forum or somewhere else. This wiki will only host base files, links to authors works and only allow registered members to add/edit. Eventually, maybe host COMPLETED ie FINISHED works. Stages, characters, audio ect. If and only when said author gives approval.

I will keep an eye on things, if someone complains we will find a solution. Everyone is free to register and help this database which was started only to centralize all the tools, documents and developers information around.

I do not choose sides, I hate politics, if someone has an issue with me or what I am doing then I welcome a debate/conversation with them.

If I wanted to be a dick I would just run a warehouse site and tell everyone to kiss my ass. ;)

This is a non-profit, no ads, non-partisan endeavor. I am supplying the hosting, support and maintenance for said site. I purchased the .com, .org, .info, and .net domains. I am not asking for anything but help supplying MAINLY text information about M.U.G.E.N. and what can be done with it.

Wherein the above does not state my stance, please contact me and I will clarify.

--pkeffect

Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 01:46:27 am by pkeffect
#23  September 15, 2007, 09:12:58 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Bump, Can you add me into "Creators" list?
My shitty mugen stuff:
#24  September 18, 2007, 03:24:47 am
  • Mugen-Wiki Founder
    • pkeffect.com/
Major additions, upgrades and add-ons. Be sure to check it out. Sign up if you want to help edit and add to it.

Thanks to all those who have taken the time to do this already  ;D

#25  September 18, 2007, 02:04:37 pm
That reminds me, I need to get back on that. I'll work on the glossary tonight, would like to have a large number of terms added. Can anyone think of ones that seem like they should be added? We have SGS and Shotoclones on it now.
#26  September 20, 2007, 07:23:09 pm
  • I made it up for a videogame.
You gonna do wips/betas/PMPs?
What's the good of phenomenal cosmic power if you can't blow something up?
#27  September 20, 2007, 07:34:56 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Registered,i will try to add the code archive to the wiki (development section)
#28  October 08, 2007, 07:42:42 pm
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
Registered........Added myself and Choujin to the Creator's Section....Will add More later.
I'm Basically Retired. Don't ask me to code or create anything, All my stuff is open source.\
mugendream.com
#29  October 08, 2007, 07:57:54 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
registered added myself to the database
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#30  October 16, 2007, 02:11:43 am
  • Am I evil?
ME wants to be in creator database  :-X.

Sig made by TempesT :)
#31  October 17, 2007, 11:59:45 pm
  • Bluh bluh, pedantic fuckwit.
    • bluesphereweb.com/~mugen/site/doku.php
#32  December 06, 2007, 09:27:04 pm
say, I'm wondering about adding something to the characters that are listed in the database. like their movesets and gameplay? I could do some for a few characters I like to play as and what's their pros and cons. and maybe a a history so others can understand about the backstory of the character for noobies.

well, I think I'll do these following characters (since I enjoy playing as them) Wario, MK Chun Li, and Link
#33  December 31, 2007, 02:32:03 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/

Anyone wanting to release anything should do it on a forum or somewhere else. This wiki will only host base files, links to authors works and only allow registered members to add/edit. Eventually, maybe host COMPLETED ie FINISHED works. Stages, characters, audio ect. If and only when said author gives approval.

I will keep an eye on things, if someone complains we will find a solution. Everyone is free to register and help this database which was started only to centralize all the tools, documents and developers information around.

I do not choose sides, I hate politics, if someone has an issue with me or what I am doing then I welcome a debate/conversation with them.

Well a quick and easy way to enforce this would be locking uploads to no more than 100-200kb. Thats enough for .cns/air/ai and so on patches but not enough for things that really shouldn't be wasting your bandwidth like .snd or .sff. Obviously as it's a wiki anyone releasing something on their site that's not theirs the link can be redirected to the official homepage.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#34  January 02, 2008, 08:04:46 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Wow, i don't have idea that it can be added more chars to this wiki. I'm joinning to help with this wiki adding more chars, especially in anime section ;)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
MUGEN WIKI ManDATORY Postings
#35  January 18, 2008, 04:58:35 am
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
I was updating my parts of the Mugen wiki at Mugen-wiki.com and I noticed that it does not get much updates. I thought that maybe it should be Stressed more than whenever someone Release something, they add it to the Mugen Wiki Database. And Every creator should create a page for themselves.

Perhaps this does belong under discussions but my hope is that a Sticky be placed under releases to inform users that they should UPdate the mugen Wiki accordingly.

Slowly but surely, we can make it into a viable database if everyone AT least did a Page for themselves...and maybe even a couple for some other creators that haven't done them yet.

I did my own page, as well as Choujin's.

Everyone.......please, help out.
I'm Basically Retired. Don't ask me to code or create anything, All my stuff is open source.\
mugendream.com
#36  January 18, 2008, 04:02:51 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Hmmmmm. Worth thinking about.
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#37  April 20, 2008, 01:50:10 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
mugen-wiki
#38  May 13, 2008, 12:12:41 am
  • Suprise Buttsecks!!!!
    • USA
has anyone else have problems loading mugen wiki as of late?
Re: mugen-wiki
#39  May 13, 2008, 12:23:08 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Yeah, and pkeffect hasn't been around either.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#40  May 13, 2008, 01:28:00 am
blegh
Pkeffect left mugen, basically, found it too dramatic.
His server been having hardware issues, no idea for when it'll be online again.
#41  May 13, 2008, 01:44:52 am
    • Portugal
Does that mean the whole thing will be gone soon? He could've made a backup available, someone might want to take over.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#42  May 13, 2008, 01:47:22 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
"pkeffect says:
our server crashed, then we tried reinstalling a few times, now we just got new hardware, we are about to reinstall again and see what happens, all the data is stred on another drive and is intact"
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#43  May 13, 2008, 02:08:28 am
Let me rephrase that: pkeffect stopped interacting with the mugen community, but is still hosting the mugen wiki.
As for data loss, after the last couple of crashes the whole wiki is backed-up automatically every day, so there should be very little data loss.
#44  May 13, 2008, 02:43:51 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Oh good. I just recently put the site in my Bookmarks; the last thing I need is the site dying on me.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#45  May 13, 2008, 05:42:25 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Yeah, it's a really good database. It'd be a shame if it were to disappear.
#46  May 13, 2008, 07:53:31 am
With the closing of the SNK Database, the Mugen wiki is the only place left with a decent catalogue of KoF characters.  I hope you can get it back online.
#47  May 13, 2008, 06:05:33 pm
  • ANGRY BIRDS GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • Mexico
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/fer619/
the snk database closed?  :o

#48  May 31, 2008, 07:33:46 pm
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
I cannot register an account there...

Looks like there was an error on sending the password mail. Please contact the admin!

Wanted to help though...
#49  June 01, 2008, 03:31:51 pm
  • Mugen-Wiki Founder
    • pkeffect.com/
[FIXED]

Those registering now should receive mail.

--pkeffect

Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 08:32:15 pm by pkeffect
#50  July 15, 2008, 05:51:21 pm
  • Have a Moment.....
    • www.eeeonline.com/~jisatsupro/
I tried to register and fix a small error on one of the listings on me but never got my mail
no biggie , I just don't release under S.Kyd but Ronai Sanzer...if anyone wants to fix that in the screenpacks part under project 1 that would be great.
Must be fate...
#51  August 03, 2008, 04:34:36 am
  • Killer 7
    • www.freewebs.com/viper__snake
Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 06:01:31 pm by Viper Snake
#52  August 27, 2008, 06:57:34 pm
    • Mexico
i just tried too, and only ended in a "not found" error...

EDIT

great, now not even the contact mail is working for informing about this error...

"There's a time to live, there's a time to die, but no one can escape the destiny....."
Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 06:40:04 am by Kagami
#53  September 12, 2008, 07:05:10 am
  • Killer 7
The site seems to be down. :(
#54  September 12, 2008, 09:28:09 am
    • Mexico
same here...why i have a bad feeling about this... ???

"There's a time to live, there's a time to die, but no one can escape the destiny....."

JNi

#55  September 22, 2008, 06:19:28 am
    • JonathanAM.webs.com
The website not work  :-\

«latest release on: December,25,2009,»
#56  September 22, 2008, 09:59:49 am
    • Mexico
10 days down...this doesn't look good :-\

#57  September 25, 2008, 04:10:53 am
The wiki's been down due to the domain expiring, pkeffect's been spotted again so to speak and will fix ASAP.
#58  September 25, 2008, 08:49:27 am
    • Mexico
The wiki's been down due to the domain expiring, pkeffect's been spotted again so to speak and will fix ASAP.
great...also, try to have multiple backups :P

if someone disappears, at least there could be a chance of getting the wiki up again or by others :P

#59  October 02, 2008, 04:00:12 am
    • Chile

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#60  October 02, 2008, 08:18:10 am
    • Mexico
not yet...we're waiting...

but at least the problem is being sorted :P

#61  October 12, 2008, 04:09:48 am
Apparently, the .org address works and .com doesn't. So, it's up now!
:sugoi:

JNi

#62  October 12, 2008, 04:12:09 am
    • JonathanAM.webs.com
Can i add my website there  ?

#63  October 13, 2008, 08:40:17 pm
    • Mexico

#64  October 16, 2008, 08:48:21 pm
  • Killer 7
Well, it's good to see something up.
#65  October 22, 2008, 03:40:04 am
    • Peru
I try to register and get a not found error. =X
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#66  October 22, 2008, 03:41:37 am
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
mugendream.com

JNi

#67  October 22, 2008, 04:07:22 am
    • JonathanAM.webs.com
I wanna see my website in Mugen-Wiki  ::)

#68  October 22, 2008, 04:13:00 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
It's a wiki. Think about it.
#69  October 22, 2008, 08:25:25 am
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
mugendream.com
#70  October 24, 2008, 11:45:08 pm
I apologize for the continued inability of the registration script sending emails to people.
For now, please pm me your desired username and password and I'll make the account manually.
#71  October 26, 2008, 09:02:53 am
  • There can only be One ...
Not sure if this has been asked, but do you think it'll be appropriate to put some description about creators and creations? For example, style a creator uses for the majority, or all, if any, of their creations? Like PotS for example. We can conclude that his creations seem to be "universal", as in Ryu retains nearly all moves he has ever had that is considered "cannon".

Edit: I forgot, the "description" of these creators and creation should also be non-biased. Meaning you can't "hate" on the creators/creation because you don't like the character, creator,  creation, stage, something doesn't look right, whatever. It should be all facts, not opinions.
#72  October 31, 2008, 06:52:17 pm
    • Peru
I apologize for the continued inability of the registration script sending emails to people.
For now, please pm me your desired username and password and I'll make the account manually.

I can trust you, right? ;P haha.

OK pm-ing.
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#73  November 04, 2008, 08:25:38 am
  • Killer 7
Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 08:00:32 am by Viper Snake
#74  November 06, 2008, 03:10:55 am
  • The Mugen DREAMER!!!
    • www.mugendream.com
mugendream.com
#75  November 06, 2008, 03:18:08 am
    • Mexico

#76  November 12, 2008, 07:10:16 am
  • Killer 7
Yeah its back up, it was just down for a little bit.
Re: The MUGEN Wiki wants You
#77  January 29, 2009, 01:20:49 am
    • Italy
    • www.kaints.com/
I have tried to register on the wiki.. but the email.. never arrives :\
( nickname: kainthesupreme )
Somebody could be so gently to helps me!?!? thanks!
#78  March 12, 2009, 07:08:28 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
It would be nice if this Wiki were working as normal users cannot edit the MI database, and the information there is limited. Unfortunately the register function is not working (doesn't send an email)...so I'll send a pm then.
#79  April 06, 2009, 10:18:27 pm
  • FUCK YOUR FACE. ;-)
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
#80  April 09, 2009, 04:52:52 pm
  • Killer 7
It's down again. :(
#81  April 16, 2009, 03:39:07 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
i never got my email either. and the registration link is still dead.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#82  April 16, 2009, 03:59:25 pm
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
Damn, over half a year and the Mugen wiki doesn't list me as a creator...
#83  May 07, 2009, 08:19:31 am
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/hadoabuser
Registration link not working. ???
Card Sagas Wars > what ever you like.
POTS has his name in 50% of characters' readme. I shall have 50% too, but for stages ! :ninja: ;D
#84  May 22, 2009, 06:00:56 pm
It's a shame that so few people are helping out with this.
If I had a little more knowledge, I'd be all over it.
What I could do is start threads asking about certain things and just copy and paste the replies into the Wiki.  ;P ....could work.
#85  June 01, 2009, 04:05:17 am
  • MUGEN is so fun I hate it.
    • ememe.pl
First off, where the f*ck is the f*cking register button?
#86  June 01, 2009, 04:05:50 am
    • xtrm.mugen-infantry.net/
Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:10:54 am by XTRM
#87  July 03, 2009, 02:32:11 pm
    • Hungary
I wanted to help but...couldn't even register last time. Tell us again when the page, and mostly the register function is working.
We really need a mugen wiki, but...we need a working one.
#88  July 17, 2009, 03:20:34 am
Seriously, how in the name of all things holy are we suppose to help if administration won't let us register?

I'm seriously tempted to bypass all this and just created another Mugen Wiki. It seems like the administration to the site has just dissapeared. Seriously, someone should do it, because everything so far is badly done.
#89  July 17, 2009, 03:28:57 am
    • Portugal
Has registration seriously been down since January? o_O If pkeffect isn't around he could give Claws some more powers or something, if that wasn't already done.
Re: Mugen Wiki Thread
#90  July 24, 2009, 11:10:28 pm
    • Chile

#91  July 24, 2009, 11:14:29 pm
  • WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!
    • USA
Current Status: N/A
#92  July 24, 2009, 11:27:37 pm
    • Chile
 :-\
I hope this would works, but wasn't possible... I tried to register (to prove, since I'm already registered) and happens the same. Just in case, I revised the mail and nothing new came.

Nope, I see register won't work :(

Damn, over half a year and the Mugen wiki doesn't list me as a creator...
It's a wiki. Think about it...

#93  July 25, 2009, 05:47:52 pm
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I'm not dead, just slightly focused on other things and forgetting about this monstrosity
I keep forgetting to ask pkeffect about the damn reigistration email program thing that's been done for months and while he's working on it I lack the ability to fiddle around with user existences so as to manually put people in, so for now yeah I can't get anybody new in.
If there are enough people willing to edit and clean crap (which seems likely just looking upwards) I might just let lurkers edit instead of just users, but for now just wait until pkeffect logs onto msn again or something
#94  August 19, 2009, 06:17:01 pm
*Rages*
#95  September 02, 2009, 04:39:42 pm
    • Chile

#96  September 02, 2009, 05:32:16 pm
Wierd, the site won't load for me.
#97  September 08, 2009, 11:17:36 pm
  • Do the impossible!
What happened to the wiki?

I got 404'd since the start of the week.
group1942@groupsim.com

Join, mugenites!
#98  September 09, 2009, 06:55:32 am
  • Missing...
    • Brazil
#99  September 09, 2009, 07:46:50 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Would just like to mention that if it the site and registration gets fixed, I'd like to help out as well.

Download Last Bout now!
#100  September 10, 2009, 06:01:11 pm
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
the site doesn't work for me either

anyone know what happens?
SITE BANNED DUE TO ADFLY USE
#101  September 10, 2009, 08:14:58 pm
    • Chile
I think the wiki is dead. It was a good database and now it's gone forever...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#102  September 10, 2009, 09:41:29 pm
    • Hungary
Well...they couldn't even get the registration working in...6 months? or more? I'm not surprised it went down.
We do need a good, user editable database, but I doubt this site will be the one that fulfills this need.
#103  September 11, 2009, 04:06:26 am
Well...they couldn't even get the registration working in...6 months? or more? I'm not surprised it went down.
We do need a good, user editable database, but I doubt this site will be the one that fulfills this need.

I'm actually starting to agree. It's really getting to the point where all there is to say is "Fuck it".

Somebody else needs to make a MUGEN wiki.  :-\
Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 04:10:47 am by GigaBowserX
#104  September 11, 2009, 12:08:26 pm
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
I think it's a great loss if it's gone forever :(
#105  September 12, 2009, 03:01:56 am
The domain name expired, blah blah school, blah blah forgotten about it, blah blah attention waning.
Will fix... eventually.
If anybody else wishes to form some more sucessful site, I'll give up some of the data from the wiki or other.
#106  September 13, 2009, 01:21:17 pm
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
The domain name expired, blah blah school, blah blah forgotten about it, blah blah attention waning.
Will fix... eventually.
If anybody else wishes to form some more sucessful site, I'll give up some of the data from the wiki or other.
please do fix it, it is a great website and I don't think there will be a more successful website
#107  September 19, 2009, 05:13:05 pm
  • YEAH!
    • melchiormphilips.com
#108  October 18, 2009, 07:23:12 pm
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
I have emailed Claws and proposed to rehost the wiki and he doesn't reply.  :-\