YesNoOk

Question about choiyer's Haruhi (Read 8871 times)

Started by EVA-K, August 23, 2008, 06:19:59 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Question about choiyer's Haruhi
#41  August 27, 2008, 01:46:36 am
    • Thailand
you guys are putting too much thought in this one character why bash her when you can change the title name to

"Skimpy anime girls you hate but wouldn't mind seeing up their skirt at the risk of jail time"
#42  August 27, 2008, 03:02:57 am
  • So Zetta slow!
So to summarize, people who hate Haruhi in MUGEN have these reasons:

A. Unfair AI (If you ask me, I'm surprised this Misaki character (wherever she's from) hasn't received flack for being bloody unfair as shown: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CbSl_uR3hw )
B. Choiyer's "fetish" w/ panties, rape, and "dog rape" incidents (srsly, who the hell triggers this code?)
C. the fanbase

Am I missing any other reasons?  :)

Also, I have a few questions...
1. Folks keep criticizing this character for raping others, but she does that all the time on Mikuru, so what's the problem here?
2. On the dub-sub issue, I can see some dubs being unbearable, but shouldn't it be fair to like a dub just because the sub's voices annoy you (or being as bad quality as the dub voices) and/or prefer WATCHING anime as opposed to reading it via subtitles?
3. If calling Etna from Disgaea a "loli" is accepted despite her age, why can't the Touhou characters be considered "loli" as well?  ???
#43  August 27, 2008, 03:04:45 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Who the hell ever said Touhou characters weren't loli? That's what I want to know.
#44  August 27, 2008, 03:06:44 am
Who the hell ever said Touhou characters weren't loli? That's what I want to know.

The Touhou characters appears loli looking but their actually teens with the chibi anime art style to make them look like lolis.
#45  August 27, 2008, 03:09:30 am
    • Thailand
It's art they appear to be very young so they are. :blank: screw age in animations.
#46  August 27, 2008, 03:10:05 am
  • So Zetta slow!
I asked my question on Touhou based on what Cadia stated:

That what happens, when you don't do research. These are the same people that Keep calling Touhou characters "lolicons"

#47  August 27, 2008, 03:12:25 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
:blank:
#48  August 27, 2008, 03:15:31 am
  • So Zetta slow!
...ok, I missed something here. Was it something I typed?  ???
#49  August 27, 2008, 03:45:34 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
#50  August 27, 2008, 06:06:21 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
#51  August 27, 2008, 06:08:09 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
I dont have the courage to rent anime at blockbuster...
#52  August 27, 2008, 09:30:32 am
  • DAT SAX

The Touhou characters appears loli looking but their actually teens with the chibi anime art style to make them look like lolis.

I don't give a shit. Konata is 18 but she's still a goddamn loli so I automatically hate her and the series she belongs to.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#53  August 27, 2008, 10:34:33 am
1. Folks keep criticizing this character for raping others, but she does that all the time on Mikuru, so what's the problem here?
Haruhi doesn't rape Mikuru

2. On the dub-sub issue, I can see some dubs being unbearable, but shouldn't it be fair to like a dub just because the sub's voices annoy you (or being as bad quality as the dub voices) and/or prefer WATCHING anime as opposed to reading it via subtitles?
It's different people's tastes, I don't really care what language it's in. I remember when subtitles were for the hard of hearing

3. If calling Etna from Disgaea a "loli" is accepted despite her age, why can't the Touhou characters be considered "loli" as well?  ???
Only people who haven't played Disgaea call Etna a loli, well...from what i've seen. The Touhou characters are around the same ages as the characters from Disgaea. I admit, I thought characters from Touhou were Lolis, but after I did some research on the Touhou series, And saw their ages, I went off and learnt why they were drawn like that.
#54  August 27, 2008, 11:11:32 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
1. Molest, rape, what's the difference?
2. Most dubs aren't as good as the original voices actors (MGS is an exception).
3. Regardless of age, if drawn with the lolicon style, the characters drawn with said style are lolis by default.
#55  August 27, 2008, 08:04:20 pm
  • it'll take more than minimum wage to break me...
    • Canada
    • knoc_on_wood@yahoo.com
wait...i like the character of konata...what she got is a condition...not here fault...
i would make fun of haruhi every day...becose...deep inside...i like her...in real life...well...

get super into fighting games... for glorious fun...
#56  August 27, 2008, 09:18:48 pm
Just because These characters look like lolis doesn't automatically mean their lolis.So their technically not lolis --;.Say what you want but it is the truth.I can just see in some ppl who hate lolis,would just hate anyone that looks like a loli.But that is you so hate away.
#57  August 27, 2008, 09:34:15 pm
Loli = lolita = a girl who looks like a kid despite being usually more like 17~21 y.o. So a girl who is actually "legal" despite looking young is actually the very definition of loli. But more generally, it's just a girl who appears to be a kid. If she looks young, she's a loli.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#58  August 27, 2008, 11:11:36 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#59  August 28, 2008, 12:52:49 am
I hate people who immediatly think that Otaku's are like ZOMG obsessed about Japan.
I like Japanese culture
I frequently watch Anime and read Manga
I both BUY manga and anime, sometimes I torrent it when out of cash or not out yet (TTGN) or has a suck dub
I don't hate ALL dubs. I love the dub of Cowboy Bebop and dubs of Pokemon and DBZ are the stuff of my childhood.
I don't want to be Japanese, although living in Japan would be nice, it'll be easier for me to stay in America or move back to Europe
I sorta like Haruhi, the show, but I hate the title character, and Lucky Star is WAAAYYY better IMO.
Sure, the sterotypical otakus exist, not all of them act like it though.
And for loli's, I don't like most of them, or even the concept, but why should I bitch about it if I'm their age?

I agree with 95% of the stuff that's in there.I LOVE Lucky Star and Haruhi. I'd love to go to Japan as well. Living there not sure yet :-\ I LOVE Dubs I hate Subs ppl who bitch about the voice acting in a dub is just an anime purist that can't be thankful for at least getting to watch the show and understanding it instead of having to look at the subtitles to know what their saying and missing out on what's happening.

As for Lolis my opinion still stands I don't care what any of you say If an animegirl is 18 or above but appears loli looking I STILL don't see them as a loli. The age is what matters to me not their appearance.

And WEEABOS are the Japan Obsessed ones not Otakus there's a Difference.

Yeah Some Otakus love Japan but not all of them.Besides there are different kinds of otakus. There's Wrestling Otakus,There's Anime Otakus,There's Video Game Otakus even Sports fans are known to be Otakus. Don't believe me look it up in Wikipedia and type in Otaku.
#60  August 28, 2008, 12:59:41 pm
  • DAT SAX
Loli = lolita = a girl who looks like a kid despite being usually more like 17~21 y.o. So a girl who is actually "legal" despite looking young is actually the very definition of loli. But more generally, it's just a girl who appears to be a kid. If she looks young, she's a loli.

QFT

The man speaks the truth.

I mostly hate anything and everthing related to lolis because I feel it psychologically damages my masculinity. Mostly because most loli-related shit is kiddie, happy, girly bullshit that, if you're a guy and you watch, you should be ashamed of yourself and go play a sport.

Perfect example:

Lucky Star.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)