YesNoOk

T.O.P.S. Steals RobotMonkeyHeads Duke Nukem Animations. RMH laughs ass off. (Read 12788 times)

Started by RobotMonkeyHead, October 25, 2012, 03:35:13 am
Share this topic:
Re: T.O.P.S. Steals RobotMonkeyHeads Duke Nukem Animations. RMH laughs ass off.
#41  November 16, 2012, 04:27:48 am
    • Thailand
It's not like open source is a choice. Mugen code is easily accessible because open source is the foundation of Mugen.

Ax

#42  November 16, 2012, 04:41:53 am
    • USA
Well I think I helped enough at Multiverse, I'm thinking about moving on. Some issues couldn't be resolved there with administration so I am backing out of that forum as of today, however, I hope that maybe someday they can be more open towards creators and members alike.

It's hard to work with limitations in place so I'm backing off. I wish them well, and I hope that administration can work together with their members for a better forum someday.

Seek Truth
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#43  November 16, 2012, 05:33:30 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I really hope they would stop acting like fools.

But fools will be fools and be foolish forever.

They probably won't change at all. That is the harsh lesson of life.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!

dev

#44  November 16, 2012, 02:24:46 pm
    • UK
Without you that forum is dead.

#45  November 16, 2012, 02:25:00 pm
TOPS actually isn't one person. I think it's supposed to stand for "Team Ownage Supreme", or something along the lines of that.

Those people are probably members of the team.

No, TOPS is just one guy. He's just too egotistical to change his name from 'team omega pwnage supreme' even though it isn't a team anymore.

But yeah I'm just gonna sit back and laugh now.
#46  November 16, 2012, 02:31:20 pm
  • Shakespear.
Gee I wonder why it isn't a team anymore. ^

@AxKingsXRevengeX:  Best of luck to you, sir.  Something tells me your gonna have a bit more fun without the dead weight.
#47  November 16, 2012, 03:01:56 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
So now it's ok if he edits others' works, but no one can edit his
How do you fail to see logic in that?

MMV is so good logic doesn't apply to them. :downsbravo:

MMV isn't made up of one single person, there are a variety of members there with different perspectives. I for one do not agree with that flip flop mentality but that's for the troubled members to figure out for themselves, not the entire forum's responsibility.

Excuse the generalization, I was referring mainly to Vzilla and his cult.  Happy to hear you're leaving, though, you will probably grow more as a creator with such an oppressive attitude over you.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.

Ax

#48  November 16, 2012, 03:25:58 pm
    • USA
Well I'm just gonna step down as admin now. I can't leave it alone, the forum really has great potential and the members are great people, despite some opinions here for certain people :P

I guess I am gonna stick around on the forum and do my projects there as usual.

The forum is still growing and I have to have patience, really we all have to be patient, forum is still new and nothing is written in stone yet.

Perhaps the forum will change in time with its growth the way MFG did when they went easy on the permission thing.

Volzilla is passionate about his forum, I guess that's why it's very popular now and still to this day. His actions can get a little intensive but he means well and maybe he just needs patience to.

Really giving up is probably the worse thing to do now after so much was done to improve it.

I'm gonna stay |-)
Seek Truth
#49  November 16, 2012, 03:28:30 pm
based on his previous actions, no, he does not mean well. he is clearly damaging the community
#50  November 16, 2012, 03:53:31 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You cant blanket efforts to be damaging to others as acceptable just because someone has intense good intentions.

You can paint anyone that has done huge damage to others as being someone intense and with good intentions, even that one douchebag with the 3d HI RES HACKED MUGEN that was trying to sue elecbyte had "good" intentions and was intense.

Yall act like abused girlfriends. "OH HE IS JUST TOO PASSIONATE THOSE BRUISES MEANS NOTHING. HE WANTS THE BEST."

Your boyfriend isnt even sorry of the time they took credit on the local bank using your names.  ( we are the bank, the credit was host space! )
#51  November 16, 2012, 04:04:26 pm
    • Thailand
Battered Mugen Syndrome.
#52  November 16, 2012, 04:07:04 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
Remember that cult I referred to in an earlier post....yeah, just saying.

Also, Iced's analogy of an abused girlfriend is so perfect and made me laugh.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.

Ax

#53  November 16, 2012, 04:09:24 pm
    • USA
Thanks for being supportive :p

I guess the best thing to do is to divide ourselves, that'll be beneficial somehow to the community

:omg:

I can see this has gotten personal and this is in no way a discussion anymore, but a flamewar waiting to happen.

I'm done on this topic, I pray someday you'll be more forgiving for your own benefit.  :disappointed:
Seek Truth
#54  November 16, 2012, 04:13:59 pm
we're telling you that you should stay away from volzilla because of all the damage and divide he has caused in the mugen community (and he has shown no change whatsoever), so you call us divisive and unforgiving
#55  November 16, 2012, 04:16:58 pm
    • Thailand
It's not personal, it's factual. Volzilla is only interested in controlling everything and everyone. Some idiots fall for it, some people don't. He doesn't have good intentions. He has bad intentions.

Ax

#56  November 16, 2012, 04:23:23 pm
    • USA
we're telling you that you should stay away from volzilla because of all the damage and divide he has caused in the mugen community (and he has shown no change whatsoever), so you call us divisive and unforgiving

Maybe unity is a better route, it takes more than 1 person to forgive you know.

I've asked Volzilla to lift the bans on his forum for certain Guild members here in an effort to patch things up. I haven't given up on it either, what are you gonna do?

The damage is only damaging if you are unwilling to patch the damage up. Anything can be fixed if you work together. I am willing to respond still even after the insults because I wanna reinforce the community, not divide it.

Seek Truth
#57  November 16, 2012, 04:25:27 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
Ugh, what don't you understand about the multiple second chances Vzilla has been given.  What makes this one so different that he's not going to try and pull some shit again.

Tangent, but what is with the fascination of MUGEN teams that some people have?  It honestly seems like most of the drama comes out of the teams and that the teams are always comprised of an overzealous member and a bunch of sheep that follow. 

Guild works so well because it's not a team, but a group of people that truly work as a community - anyone can participate in the group brainstorming, feedback, ideas, etc.  It's an example of what open-source should be, a large community continuously working together as opposed to factions splitting off and making their own "rules" and restricting themselves to only a few other opinions.  The best creations come out of Guild users because they are not restricted and have a larger support base then teams that close themselves off.

EDIT: btw Ax, no one is insulting you, they're trying to warn you.  They really have the best intentions at heart for the MUGEN community, it just comes off as tough love sometimes.
Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 04:29:29 pm by Makurayami
#58  November 16, 2012, 04:29:15 pm
    • Thailand

I've asked Volzilla to lift the bans on his forum for certain Guild members here in an effort to patch things up. I haven't given up on it either, what are you gonna do?

The damage is only damaging if you are unwilling to patch the damage up. Anything can be fixed if you work together. I am willing to respond still even after the insults because I wanna reinforce the community, not divide it.

Not everything can be solved and not everyone changes for the better. Anything cannot be fixed simply by working together. This isn't an anime or a Disney fairy tale.

Telling you how horrible Volzilla is and how many times he's betrayed people is not division, it's telling you that Volzilla is hopeless.
#59  November 16, 2012, 04:35:06 pm
Remember that he's the one who cut ties with the rest of the community, he didn't just get chased away. He's the only one who needs lots of fixing.
What is it that you expect MFG to do ? Just "forgive him" ? If he actually became a decent person and were capable of turning over a new leaf, I presume it wouldn't be much of a problem to let him back in (as long as we can be sure he won't flip out again, which will be a tough condition to fulfill), this isn't a vendetta that MFG has against him. The only problem is him actually becoming a decent user, because it is a giant issue he has against MFG (among others).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

Ax

#60  November 16, 2012, 04:37:23 pm
    • USA
Ugh, what don't you understand about the multiple second chances Vzilla has been given.  What makes this one so different that he's not going to try and pull some shit again.

Tangent, but what is with the fascination of MUGEN teams that some people have?  It honestly seems like most of the drama comes out of the teams and that the teams are always comprised of an overzealous member and a bunch of sheep that follow. 

Guild works so well because it's not a team, but a group of people that truly work as a community - anyone can participate in the group brainstorming, feedback, ideas, etc.  It's an example of what open-source should be, a large community continuously working together as opposed to factions splitting off and making their own "rules" and restricting themselves to only a few other opinions.  The best creations come out of Guild users because they are not restricted and have a larger support base then teams that close themselves off.

EDIT: btw Ax, no one is insulting you, they're trying to warn you.  They really have the best intentions at heart for the MUGEN community, it just comes off as tough love sometimes.

I can agree to this, but it's that same love that wants me to unite us rather than divide us.

I couldn't agree more about the team thing, it is silly and you are right, that's why I am working with Volzilla to change his ways for the better and maybe patch stuff up between everyone else to. WOuldn't that be swell?

Not everything can be solved and not everyone changes for the better. Anything cannot be fixed simply by working together. This isn't an anime or a Disney fairy tale.

Telling you how horrible Volzilla is and how many times he's betrayed people is not division, it's telling you that Volzilla is hopeless.

Wow

You can't say that and not take into account all the stuff that has been fixed by working together.

Just look to history, it has good examples of when people work together to accomplish greater goals and it has bad examples where everyone fights for blood and we know how that ends up.

The current real world wars are a good example of that.

Remember that he's the one who cut ties with the rest of the community, he didn't just get chased away. He's the only one who needs lots of fixing.
What is it that you expect MFG to do ? Just "forgive him" ? If he actually became a decent person and were capable of turning over a new leaf, I presume it wouldn't be much of a problem to let him back in (as long as we can be sure he won't flip out again, which will be a tough condition to fulfill), this isn't a vendetta that MFG has against him. The only problem is him actually becoming a decent user, because it is a giant issue he has against MFG (among others).

Gotta keep trying, don't tell me there isn't some good coming out of that forum. Mugen is mugen and it's all good.
Seek Truth