YesNoOk

Things I hate about MUGEN (YouTubers)  (Read 31224 times)

Started by Mugenman2, March 27, 2016, 07:33:55 pm
Share this topic:
Things I hate about MUGEN (YouTubers)
#1  March 27, 2016, 07:33:55 pm
    • USA
Just to start off I mean things I hate about the MUGEN community in general, not the guild or etc.

1) YouTube MUGEN players, "Sorry char is private", "Sorry char is unrequestable"

Why make a character only a few people can have, but then others somehow have it showcasing it on YouTube and then ignoring all the request for the damn character?
To me it makes no sense to make a character only certain people can have, unless of course they're your friend, but yet somehow thousands of YouTubers have certain characters that are apparently "rare" or "private"
Unless you're making a personal character for a friend (or etc.) I don't see why you should torment others with your cool character.

1a) YouTube MUGEN players that specializes in private, or rare characters.
Like for example "Zirustyle Mugen", go on his page and you'll find that most of the things he does are "un-tradeable"

2) Players that make private or rare characters.
Most of the time the character is extremely broken, can only be played properly with the AI (or is AI only), repetitive, etc.

3) KOF ( I know not all characters are KOFM, or cheap, but just go on YouTube and search "KOF MUGEN")
These characters usually have super edits that give them boss-like health, a level 1 special that can kill normal characters, etc.

4) People that don't like sharing.
Have you ever seen those videos of a unique character, or edit. But the creator is hoarding it, tormenting the people in the comments telling them it's private.
They're usually hypocrites, they're the people you'd see on another's video asking for a character, but won't share their own. I f*cking hate these people. (Sorry for being harsh) They're just so child-like, but yet make excellent characters, but are too greedy to release. (They have a lot of videos of good edits, but  a few to no releases.) (And it's not that they're still working on the char, it's that they want to trade, or no deal)

5) Korean Mugen Sites.
You must always register, and the last time I did, I had to notify the admin to let me in(Which got no reply) and take a Korean bot test, but I don't speak Korean. I eventually got in with Google Translate, but then the links just froze the page. They make no sense to a majority of MUGEN players.

6) Private Characters (Again)
What's the point of making a character or stage, just to put it on YouTube, then upset the people asking in the comments. (Unless it's personal).
Like for example lets say there is another repetitive Kyo char, but this time it has a new special. You ask for it in the comments, but the uploader tells you "is private sorry", Well ok. But then you spot another video with the same char, and then another one and so on. What's the excuse then? Only YouTubers that make cheap characters get to have the character?

7) Not to start stigma towards myself, or others but here's a list of players that usually have "rare, or private" characters.etc. (On YouTube)
ZIRUSTYLE M.U.G.E.N- Rare, no trade, no request, private, etc.
IORIKYO_o- no request, private, etc.
The Glasses- Korean Site, etc.
Karate867-  Private stages,, etc.

I'll be editing this topic as I study the MUGEN community more. Sorry if I broke any rules.
Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:01:09 am by Mugenman2
Re: Things I hate about MUGEN (The community of course)
#2  March 27, 2016, 07:51:14 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

#3  March 27, 2016, 07:57:05 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Okay, but what do you need help with?

Is it finding the right section to post things?
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4  March 27, 2016, 08:08:44 pm
Things I hate about MUGEN (The community of course)

More like
Things I hate about MUGEN (The Youtube community of course)

---
Move this topic in the Mugen Discussion area.
#5  March 27, 2016, 08:41:59 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org

"i hate mugen because people won't send me private characters"

What is this salt
#6  March 27, 2016, 08:51:05 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Topics like this, for starters.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#7  March 27, 2016, 09:02:37 pm
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
Dude, that´s remind me another thread I made related about my bad behavior of a semi-private character but I have my own lesson(Thanks Umezono and Sin-) and you should respect his desires or contrary the people will see you like a bad person.
#8  March 27, 2016, 09:16:49 pm
man, you should not hate mugen for those reasons. mugen is supposed to be about having fun. some creators share their creations with others and some don't. I think its up to them if they want to share or not.. you should not be upset, instead its easy, try to make your own and then there wont be any problems. you should just expect this always as some creators like to also do private stuff because of many reasons.. enjoy what you can get your hands on because its not an obligation to release anything if you don't want to..
#9  March 27, 2016, 09:20:03 pm
  • Dead Weight
  • Where'd all the motivation go?
    • Philippines
    • Skype - DerEthereal
3) KOF
These characters usually have super edits that give them boss-like health, a level 1 special that can kill normal characters, etc.
Zelgadis isn't the only KoF-styled creator out there, you know.
#10  March 27, 2016, 09:20:59 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
it seems someone's butthurt for not having OMG private characters.

Do you want private characters? Then go make them by yourself
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#11  March 27, 2016, 09:23:15 pm
  • For honor!
Look I'm sorry but I don't want minors getting their hands on my privates. It's sick, wrong, and can get me in a lot of trouble.
Iroha stripped for me
#12  March 27, 2016, 09:27:16 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
The only thing I truly dislike about Mugen is that it was and is not an open source software which made it very hard to improve the programme.
#13  March 27, 2016, 09:35:30 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Whoever shipped Yukari Yamano X Rugal Bernstein
#14  March 27, 2016, 10:00:12 pm
    • USA
I just realized what of most I typed about was YouTube based. I guess I'll change the title. And Gargoyle I don't like your attitude it's like you didn't even read the post. Long story short I said I don't mind that they're private characters, made for friends, etc. I don't like how YouTubers somehow have a character, but then ask for others to give them characters. Don't put words in my mouth so you can have a point. (Same goes to everyone saying I'm salty about private characters) Specifically you Meldo Wiseau.
Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:07:05 pm by Mugenman2
Re: Things I hate about MUGEN (YouTubers)
#15  March 27, 2016, 10:18:04 pm
    • Spain
Please, stop the drama.

Nobody will give you a private character, the only do is the rude people like Justice(An administrator of Mugen Archive) and similar users because they only thinks the stupid wishes of the people AND NOT THE WISHES OF THE CREATORS.

If you follow this behavior, nobody will respect you.

Amy

#16  March 27, 2016, 10:22:20 pm
  • Ignorin'U
    • Switzerland
    • network.mugenguild.com/amysden/index.html
Complaining about private chars is like complaining about why you can't eat at a stranger's home.
#17  March 27, 2016, 10:27:44 pm
    • USA
I don't like how YouTubers somehow have a character, but then ask for others to give them characters. Don't put words in my mouth so you can have a point. (Same goes to everyone saying I'm salty about private characters) Specifically you Meldo Wiseau.

At the time of this post this is one line in a diatribe about people putting up YouTube videos (that you don't need to watch) showing off private characters (that you are probably better off not having) so this is not the ultimate point of your original post in the slightest
This time
This time
#18  March 27, 2016, 10:33:33 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Character being private isnt something arguable,its the choice of creators,but there are reasons of why they aren't sharing their private chars because it is the Internet,you can found a character in someone's web page or online archive and calling himself ''I made this character'' and even changing the name of original creator from DEF file.
#19  March 27, 2016, 10:46:03 pm
    • Spain
Some thieves(Like the guy I mentioned) give credit to the author of a x private character.

Anyways, it is not really enough because generally the hosters doesn´t have his permission and it is only a excuse.
Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:12:43 pm by masterhand128
#20  March 27, 2016, 11:36:39 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
How the Youtube MUGEN community will take fighting characters they like (not made, mind you, LIKE) getting beat up in videos as personal attacks. Also people making horrible fanfiction crossover storylines with MUGEN characters (Before anyone says anything, The Saga of Jackie Chan was never something to be taken seriously, and was pretty much just "Jackie Chan fights stuff I downloaded that week").

@Mugenman2: Seeing how many of your points address private creations makes it pretty obvious you care an awful lot about them. Following that up with "I don't care about private characters don't put words in my mouth etc etc" is pretty obviously backpedaling, and I say that from seeing this happen many, many times.
#21  March 27, 2016, 11:40:04 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
You aren't missing much anyway. I've had plenty of rare and private chars, they're usually shitty edits that add maybe one or two new moves? recolor some fx? steal some code from older authors? if its a really good one, it'll get leaked eventually, or it truly is something private amongst friends. It's not even worth fretting about.

Learn to code your own stuff, and you won't want those chars anymore. They aren't as great as they seem.
#22  March 27, 2016, 11:46:19 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
You aren't missing much anyway. I've had plenty of rare and private chars, they're usually shitty edits that add maybe one or two new moves? recolor some fx? steal some code from older authors?

Which is why I always found Rare Akuma so hilarious, he's a clear parody of these kind of "rare" characters, part of the reason they're "rare" in the first place is because they're crappy and overpowered, so no one wants them in the first place.

#23  March 27, 2016, 11:59:15 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#24  March 28, 2016, 12:14:37 am
sometimes people want private chars just because they're private. some things would seem more valuable than they're worth just because they're not available, i guess.

I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#25  March 28, 2016, 12:15:22 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
"I want what I can't have"
#26  March 28, 2016, 12:19:40 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Zelgadis stuff is really appealing cause in the end they are really fun (and cheap) characters but the way the characters are coded is messy, many glitches, insane damage and thats maybe just to the tip of the iceberg cause I cant describe the coding issues properly.

The "beat up" character mugen videos are silly and thats perhaps the only thing I dislike about it.

And many of this "private" characters are just cheap edits, either silly edits with flashy (CvS2) effects, and some are cool but cheap still. And many you can find on obscure chinese/japanese/korean websites.
Chilling
#27  March 28, 2016, 12:21:17 am
    • USA
Zelgadis is a MUGEN creator, he mostly makes KOF (KOFM) characters.

I'm having trouble getting my point thru over the internet. But I'll try harder.

It's not that the character is private that bothers me, it's the fact that it's only YouTube MUGEN uploaders don't share their characters, but then I see them commenting on others videos asking for a character.
(Like for example lets say Zirustyle saw a character he really liked, another repetitive Kyo with a new special. He won't share his countless other privates, but then will have the nerve to go ask for another persons private character and get mad when he doesn't get the character. (Not Zirustyle but I saw it happen before)
#28  March 28, 2016, 12:29:27 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
so what, you hate hypocrites?

Pretty much everyone does.
#29  March 28, 2016, 12:37:06 am
    • USA
Even if it can be accepted that that was somehow retroactively your point (at the time of this post, it is still clearly not the point you were trying to make with your original post), the ultimate takeaway is still that you're mad that someone has a private character you think you want (again, it must be stressed that you really don't - it's probably a cheap, broken mess and there's plenty of cheap broken messes out there to be had).
This time
This time
#30  March 28, 2016, 12:49:34 am
its true, a lot of this super rare characters are just wips from people that are not finished. there are creators that wont release something that don't feel finish and solid but still show progress on videos.. this which can be called betas are sometimes share among closed friends to help with ideas and things like that. just be patient and wait till the creation is done and release. if that creator still decides to keep it private, then respect their decisions. I find it funny when I see people killing themselves over this so called rare characters...
#31  March 28, 2016, 01:47:46 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Hey, let's face it, we ALL hate private/super rare/CAN'T HAVE IT, I WON'T SHARE stuff. Not much we can really do about it, though. I STILL dream of having some of the stuff SanoTonho1 and others like them show off in his videos... Sometimes, there may be good reasons for why they're private, such as being a WIP, and I respect that, but NO ONE likes private stuff that's private for no good reason.

I can't stand YouTube videos that just show off the same characters you've already seen/heard of millions of times, or those silly ones that add a "backstory" behind the fight, Simul match, or Arcade run, or ect... DoomGuy II's fight commentary videos are pretty annoying, too. I assume there's other fight commentators, but he's the only one I know of for sure. I don't understand the plethora of KOF edits, unbeatable crap, and fullgames, and I don't really care much about them, either...

Long story short, just about every community has THOSE types of people, not much you can do about them, except ignore them and whatever amazing things they possess or try to troll you with, unfortunately... There's good intentions sometimes, though.

lui

#32  March 28, 2016, 01:50:37 am
    • USA
idk why people even take mugen on youtube that seriously like you and the op .-.
#33  March 28, 2016, 11:07:29 am
  • Korean Mugen User
    • South Korea
    • blog.naver.com/bartsu
English is too difficult ...

I know why you so angry
It will be angry when they see sharing between friends, I understand

But there is no rule must share private characters
It is the freedom of the individual

And korean internet system is so stupid

Visit my blog!!

Actually, I'm idiot
#34  March 28, 2016, 05:27:57 pm
    • USA
The Korean sites are confusing to me to.  I haven't heard of SanoTonho1
#35  March 29, 2016, 05:56:13 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
its true, a lot of this super rare characters are just wips from people that are not finished.
This, finally someone said about this. Most of "rare" chars on YT are unfinished WIPS of creators who tried to create something but get bored in the way and never finished them. Few days ago someone asked about a Ioriko (schoolgirl version of Iori based on SVC Iori's Midnight Bliss and KOF manhwas) and I noticed all versions on YT are all unfinished WIPS that never come to an end, included one edited from NGBC Kisarah.

So yeah, most of private chars on YT are chars that never have been finished and I highly doubt they become online ever. The best solution is still these wise words:
Learn to code your own stuff, and you won't want those chars anymore. They aren't as great as they seem.

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#36  March 29, 2016, 07:13:40 pm
    • USA
Well I'm talking about complete products, but it seems that only YouTubers only get to have the character.

Again, lets say there is a "Complete" character that you want, only one issue it's private. So obviously you just shrug it off and go on, but then you come to another video with the same character but  a different uploader. You ask him for the character and so on. (The cycle repeats) Apparently YouTubers only share with other YouTubers.

#37  March 29, 2016, 10:26:27 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
and still, all I see is you whining about some people showing off characters that you don't have. Live with it, you're no different to people who complained when "elitist creators" hoarded their characters and didn't publish them. Welcome to year 2002
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
#38  March 29, 2016, 10:29:01 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org

Dude if you're really desperate for private characters go on MUGEN Archive cuz I heard there's leaked creations there :P
#39  March 30, 2016, 12:42:00 am
    • Chile
Well I'm talking about complete products, but it seems that only YouTubers only get to have the character.

Again, lets say there is a "Complete" character that you want, only one issue it's private.
That's a minor percentage, a lot of "complete" private chars were unfinished WIPs, no matter how much complete they are. I know a case of a char I was following that were almost to be finished and with a few weeks of being released, and then the creator was swallowed by the ground and the char never was released. If you believe all there's on the internet, then you've to think again

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#40  March 30, 2016, 09:51:04 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Nobody good does the "private" thing any more, waste of time, and even if they did, they're sure as fuck not giving it to people who make youtube videos.

What you see in youtube is people making edits to existing stuff, probably bad ones, and then posting vids to annoy people like you. They are obviously succeeding. Try looking beyond "omg i don't have that how do i get it" into whether the character looks decent, or if it's just some shitty powerhouse full of BS.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#41  March 30, 2016, 03:54:33 pm
    • USA
#42  March 30, 2016, 04:25:08 pm
making fun of creators got old very quick. so yeah, change your salty flavor, and appreciate the majority who do contribute to the community instead of picking on the few who don't.
#43  March 30, 2016, 04:30:58 pm
An extremely rare group of people that make things for the fighting game engine MUGEN. Leechers continually pester these people if creations are kept private. "Elitist" creators are labeled many derogatory names because they make things for themselves, for fun and don't care what others think about them. Many creators go private after their work is warehoused and distributed without proper consent from the creators. Some quit, which is understandable, because, like most people, they have lives.

Not all creators are of the elite. Some steal various parts of others' work and post it as their own. These "creators" are what brings the community down.

That and Brazil.
Creator A: I just made Creation-A. Here Creator B, I'll send it to you because I know you and trust you.
Creator B: Why thank you.
Leech: M.U.G.E.N Creators suck! I wunt it too for my complete game!
Brazil: I can make better version with full screen effect!

by 2D Mirage March 19, 2006

Wow, has it been 10 years already? We should start considering lifetime achievement awards.
#44  March 30, 2016, 04:42:34 pm
    • USA
Don't call me salty, and also don't put words in my mouth. Not once did I mention the ones that do contribute, only the ones that are paranoid, or selfish hypocrites.
#45  March 30, 2016, 04:48:24 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Can I be both please?
#46  March 30, 2016, 04:53:03 pm
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
I read the firsts repiles and have only a history to you:
A friend (let keep his name in secret to not fuck up him) act like a leecher in the past, he made the same thing you do in a certain blog because of a private character, the blog owner answered calling him a leecher.
Years later he started to learn how to make a character (using others creators works) keeping the credits, like any starters the firsts works he made are very suck but, we helped him to get better. Finally he made his own version of this private character, not bad at all (but can be improved) he got very fun with his creation and don't want the private version anymore.

Anyone can do a character, release him is totally optional (I don't want my privates in wrong hands).
#47  March 30, 2016, 04:59:47 pm
Don't call me salty, and also don't put words in my mouth. Not once did I mention the ones that do contribute, only the ones that are paranoid, or selfish hypocrites.
you are very salty. you're insulting creators in general just because someone refused to give you a char. the community now is full of public creators and the era of private releases was over in 2007. so move on.
#48  March 30, 2016, 07:15:42 pm
    • USA
Lol no,  I haven't mentioned any characters that I want. I've only mentioned the creators that are still in the private char practice. I'm typing in a general sense, I guess in a way I'm insulting the creators that still do this by saying "I f*cking hate these people". Let me rephrase that by saying I hate what they do.
And sure Just No Point.
#49  March 30, 2016, 07:37:09 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
So then, if I give an unfinished wip that may be cancelled thus never seeing the light of day because I refuse to release anything unfinished to a friend and that person makes a vid with it saying they won't give it to anyone out of respect that bothers you?

Ok. As someone who's made over 100 I gotta tell you there are at least 10 things I've worked on that fit the scenario above and there's nothing anyone can say to me to make me make them public lol. Usually there's a pretty good reason people haven't put out a "private" character. It's because it's not up to their standards or they got bored of it and don't feel like it's worth anyone's time(usually my thought process).

Lastly, mugen has so many chars that the ones that aren't released shouldn't really be that big of a deal to anyone tbh.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#50  March 30, 2016, 08:00:20 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Kamakaze you're a monster!!!
#51  March 30, 2016, 08:06:48 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Apparently I've been one for almost a decade D:
#52  March 30, 2016, 09:25:57 pm
    • USA
I'm going to say it again, I'm talking about COMPLETE characters. Of course if it has a WIP I'm not going to bother with it, I'm not the ignorant person I'm portraying myself to be. I'm just having a hard time communicating, because the internet is too limited.
#53  March 30, 2016, 09:29:15 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Okay I'm gonna break it down for you:

Yes, it's shitty that people don't release everything they make and keep stuff private, but you know what? That's their choice. They are under absolutely no obligation to share their stuff with anyone, for any reason.

People have free will you know, we don't have to do what other people want if we don't want to.

you can complain and complain that we should be sharing since that's what you think mugen is all about but the fact of the matter is that they simply don't have to share anything with anyone.
#54  March 30, 2016, 09:31:29 pm
    • Spain
I'm going to say it again, I'm talking about COMPLETE characters. Of course if it has a WIP I'm not going to bother with it, I'm not the ignorant person I'm portraying myself to be. I'm just having a hard time communicating, because the internet is too limited.

If you really want a complete private character, re-create that character yourself, learn the coding and that´s all.
#55  March 30, 2016, 09:32:00 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Nobody is obligated to give you or anyone else anything. There's no rule that MUGEN work is made for the public. If someone is making it for themselves and their friend, thats 100% okay. They owe you nothing. MUGEN is an engine to make content for whatever purpose you want and thats all it will continue to be.
#56  March 30, 2016, 09:38:12 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
#57  March 30, 2016, 09:42:11 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
No, you're communicating just fine. No matter how I read your posts, you're just salty that you don't have these "complete" private characters that you see on Youtube. There's no other way to read your post. If you didn't care about private releases, why would you be complaining about it in the first place?

As others have said, no one is under any obligation to release anything, and no one is forbidden from making vids of those unreleased characters. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna work on my privates.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#58  March 30, 2016, 09:42:58 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
An extremely rare group of people that make things for the fighting game engine MUGEN. Leechers continually pester these people if creations are kept private. "Elitist" creators are labeled many derogatory names because they make things for themselves, for fun and don't care what others think about them. Many creators go private after their work is warehoused and distributed without proper consent from the creators. Some quit, which is understandable, because, like most people, they have lives.

Not all creators are of the elite. Some steal various parts of others' work and post it as their own. These "creators" are what brings the community down.

That and Brazil.
Creator A: I just made Creation-A. Here Creator B, I'll send it to you because I know you and trust you.
Creator B: Why thank you.
Leech: M.U.G.E.N Creators suck! I wunt it too for my complete game!
Brazil: I can make better version with full screen effect!

by 2D Mirage March 19, 2006
This amuses me more than anyone will ever know.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#59  March 30, 2016, 09:56:11 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
How would you know that a character you saw a video for on YouTube is complete anyway?
#60  March 30, 2016, 09:57:07 pm
    • Chile
I'm going to say it again
No please, just stop. We all understand you, but your requests are impossible. Since you clearly don't (and won't) understand, you've 2 choices right now:
1. Become a hacker, find the IP where the videos were uploaded and hack the PCs of the owners to find the characters you want
If you really want a complete private character, re-create that character yourself, learn the coding and that´s all.

Good luck
[/thread]

#61  March 30, 2016, 10:07:23 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Even with MUGEN I show off my privates on video for people to see in hope that I will attract attention or excitement from others. I won't give them out to anyone just because they asked. I'm still single FYI, PM me if you're a QT girl gamer and interested!
#62  March 30, 2016, 10:13:37 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/

Basically this, altough is not ''THAT'' easy.

Addition Edit:

Is not like "try to make yourself that character you want". Remember. There's a lot of people who can be butthurted because someone tried to make their own version of a private character.

There's a lot of people who are full of "pride" on the whole community, you know.

Will be more correct if you said to try making their own version but bringing something different to avoid bullshit.
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:19:30 pm by ShinZankuro
#63  March 30, 2016, 10:19:00 pm
    • USA
This topic has just been every person saying the same thing (sometimes in the same exact ways) while OP backpedals so hard he's run the Tour de France in reverse at this point
This time
This time
#64  March 30, 2016, 10:26:49 pm
    • USA
 :gouki: I SHALL BECOME A HACKER!
#65  March 30, 2016, 10:29:34 pm
    • Spain

Basically this, altough is not ''THAT'' easy.

Addition Edit:

Is not like "try to make yourself that character you want". Remember. There's a lot of people who can be butthurted because someone tried to make their own version of a private character.

There's a lot of people who are full of "pride" on the whole community, you know.

Will be more correct if you said to try making their own version but bringing something different to avoid bullshit.

I think you are right, except if that character is totally based from his source game.

:gouki: I SHALL BECOME A HACKER!

ARE YOU CRAZY! 0_0
If you do this.
You will have legal problems...

#66  March 30, 2016, 10:34:15 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
MasterHand, thats it.

I kinda agree with the fact of "If they don't want to share their complete works why, for the BAPHOMET SAKE, they shows the characters?"

I understand if for fullgames, because there's always a possibility of the creator sharing things of the game after that is finished.

But, like I said before... There's a lot of people who has a unbelievable ego. Just it.
- Donations is welcome
#67  March 30, 2016, 10:41:06 pm
    • USA
MasterHand, thats it.

I kinda agree with the fact of "If they don't want to share their complete works why, for the BAPHOMET SAKE, they shows the characters?"

I understand if for fullgames, because there's always a possibility of the creator sharing things of the game after that is finished.

But, like I said before... There's a lot of people who has a unbelievable ego. Just it.

Yep, ego driven YouTube creators.
Why make a complete character, share it on YouTube, then say it's private. Why show what everyone can't have? Anyways, if you guys see me as butt-hurt I haven't proven my point (specifically you JANGO).
#68  March 30, 2016, 10:46:24 pm
    • Spain
MasterHand, thats it.

Yes, there is a lot of egotistical people in youtube.
But I think Mugenman2 should understand for avoid some problems.

lui

#69  March 30, 2016, 11:08:15 pm
    • USA
MasterHand, thats it.

Yep, ego driven YouTube creators.
Why make a complete character, share it on YouTube, then say it's private. Why show what everyone can't have? Anyways, if you guys see me as butt-hurt I haven't proven my point (specifically you JANGO).

Complaining and whining about not getting private characters also means you have a big ego as well. Nobody owes you anything and peoole have a right to keep their stuff private you know
#70  March 30, 2016, 11:19:16 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
Like I said before.. I kinda agree with the problem... If the creator SHOWS the private characters in videos, except if was character showcase for fullgames.

There's nothing wrong of keeping something who are finished private, but if a people want to keep their works private, the fact of showing that same works will f*cks the common sense E_e

It's like: "I have a private work, I won't give to any people, but I will show on videos to make people jealous and try to make their own versions just to make bad works and get bashed on other forums :P "

If it's a private, they should keep private.
- Donations is welcome
#71  March 30, 2016, 11:30:14 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I think the better response to people who show but never release "full" characters is, "Well I guess even though its done it must play so badly that it will never come out" or the more reasonable response of "Don't I have something better to do than complain about something so first world its got universal healthcare"
#72  March 30, 2016, 11:30:56 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
It's a free country, (at least where they live) people can do what they want. Even if that something making someone jealous of "Shin Orochi Darkside Akuma Lvl 64".

They don't have to give it or share it with anybody.

No matter how much times you say that that person is being a dick, (which they very well may be) they are under absolutely no obligation to share anything with you ever.

You just have to deal with it.
#73  March 30, 2016, 11:36:18 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
these billionaires flashing their Lamborghini cars in the middle of the street. I want to own one as well and they are so egoist that will not share their cars with me. Totally unacceptable!!!
#74  March 30, 2016, 11:41:22 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
these billionaires flashing their Lamborghini cars in the middle of the street. I want to own one as well and they are so egoist that will not share their cars with me. Totally unacceptable!!!

more like a guy with a Pinto with a Decal saying MINE YOU CAN'T HAVE.

It only makes you jealous until you get it, then you realise it's shit.
#75  March 30, 2016, 11:41:57 pm
    • USA

*Compares two completely unrelated things

I'm talking about the good complete characters, not those cheap, buggy, god-like chars. (Whiplash)
#76  March 30, 2016, 11:45:13 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Well, I got some good, solid advice that applies not only here but to life in general:

Life Isn't fair.

No one owes you anything.
#77  March 30, 2016, 11:46:50 pm
    • USA
Well, I got some good, solid advice that applies not only here but to life in general:

Life Isn't fair.

No one owes you anything.

Well of course.......
still becoming a hacker though :gouki:

#78  March 30, 2016, 11:50:52 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
so, Mr.X made a character that he or she claim to be comleted , but then refuses to share the character, but then go and watch some random video on youtube, find that the uploaded got this awesome private character, Mr.X asks for the character but is denied , he goes salty mode

now comes the question:

what are we supposed to do about it ? no one here is obsessed with the idea of stalking this Mr.X , if I saw a comment where he is being butthurt (which I wouldn't bother, since I don't stalk ppl) Id remind him of how he denied others when they asked his character and just leave it at that

I honestlly don't think i'll add anything new (as always) but i'll tell you this much, back in the days when I was still active in mugen I came across someone who was making an edit of a character I liked, when I requested the character I recevied one hell of awkward reply, time went by and with help from others I was able to have my own pravite edit, and no longer wanted that guy's character anymore
#79  March 31, 2016, 12:15:00 am
  • Secrets are just answers to the wrong questions...
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
ok mr mygenman2

my first question to you my friend is how long have you been into mugen for?

I ask you this because the community has ALWAYS been like this since as lonng as i can remember. and im talking back to late 2003. thats just "another" niche scene of mugen....ignore it and move on.

my second question to you is these "finished" characters you speak of, how do you know from just watching the video that they are actually finished?

Are you assuming that they have all of their hitsparks, correct clsns, etc etc and are actually playable/controllable by a human opponent? the reason that alot of those zomg kofm kofz kofmlvl2 uber rare characters are never released is because they are broken as fuck and might look cool on ai watch mode but are useless to play with/against in normal mugen.

Thirdly, are you looking to actually PLAY mugen or is you aim to collect characters for aesthetic/pokemon catchem all type purposes?

you have to remember my friend that the characters that get released in a place like this, as opposed to youtube rare private betas, undergo a SHITLOAD of scrutiny by other experienced forum members before the character can be considered worthy or decent for actual use in.mugen. just like the scrutiny that they are giving you on this thread lol.

on youtube you have no idea of that character is complete and playable or not. dont assume that shiny particle illusion hitsparks on a god shin sj666 hyper christ savior sexual jizzboss orochi kyo mean the character is decent and complete and is not going to debug overflow infinitestateloop on ur ass.

and lastly, if you really want that shit, heres some tips:

Zirusryle whom you mentioned is japanese and doesnt speak much eng. hes a nice guy if u can communicate with him he told me where to find some cool shit like 4 years ago. alot of the authors are foreign so hard to communicate at first but dont assume they all assholes.

its not hard bro. you need to make a niconico douga account and learn some jap, or learn some chinese and go on baidu and youku. you will find links to chinese and taiwanese mugen blogs.
 also try mugenfreeforall. theres heaps of shit on there. there are a million gouku orochi ken ryu iori kyo edits broken and non broken to keep u jizzing.

also for the kofm stuff u should try all the spanish/latino sites like MTM etc. so much shit on those sites that isnt posted on english speaking sites. there are some good russian sites too. u can use translatirs to register etc . If you kook hard enough bro y can find almost anything. hope this all enlightens u a little☺
Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 12:24:48 am by PhantomD
#80  March 31, 2016, 12:28:48 am
you people will never see my amazing waifu hentai chars that i only keep for myself and myself only. i would die before handing them to you >:)
I'm talking about the good complete characters, not those cheap, buggy, god-like chars.
how would you know that? the char is private, you haven't played it and you don't know anything about it.

#81  March 31, 2016, 12:29:30 am
    • USA
you people will never see my amazing waifu hentai chars that i only keep for myself and myself only. i would die before handing them to you >:)

I'm talking about the good complete characters, not those cheap, buggy, god-like chars.
how would you know that? the char is private, you haven't played it and you don't know anything about it.

I don't like hentai mugen lol

so, Mr.X made a character that he or she claim to be comleted , but then refuses to share the character, but then go and watch some random video on youtube, find that the uploaded got this awesome private character, Mr.X asks for the character but is denied , he goes salty mode

now comes the question:

what are we supposed to do about it ? no one here is obsessed with the idea of stalking this Mr.X , if I saw a comment where he is being butthurt (which I wouldn't bother, since I don't stalk ppl) Id remind him of how he denied others when they asked his character and just leave it at that

I honestlly don't think i'll add anything new (as always) but i'll tell you this much, back in the days when I was still active in mugen I came across someone who was making an edit of a character I liked, when I requested the character I recevied one hell of awkward reply, time went by and with help from others I was able to have my own pravite edit, and no longer wanted that guy's character anymore

I wasn't stalking, it was also just an example of ANOTHER youtuber that I found.
#82  March 31, 2016, 12:33:46 am
    • USA
ok mr mygenman2

my first question to you my friend is how long have you been into mugen for?

I ask you this because the community has ALWAYS been like this since as lonng as i can remember. and im talking back to late 2003. thats just "another" niche scene of mugen....ignore it and move on.

my second question to you is these "finished" characters you speak of, how do you know from just watching the video that they are actually finished?

Are you assuming that they have all of their hitsparks, correct clsns, etc etc and are actually playable/controllable by a human opponent? the reason that alot of those zomg kofm kofz kofmlvl2 uber rare characters are never released is because they are broken as fuck and might look cool on ai watch mode but are useless to play with/against in normal mugen.

Thirdly, are you looking to actually PLAY mugen or is you aim to collect characters for aesthetic/pokemon catchem all type purposes?

you have to remember my friend that the characters that get released in a place like this, as opposed to youtube rare private betas, undergo a SHITLOAD of scrutiny by other experienced forum members before the character can be considered worthy or decent for actual use in.mugen. just like the scrutiny that they are giving you on this thread lol.

on youtube you have no idea of that character is complete and playable or not. dont assume that shiny particle illusion hitsparks on a god shin sj666 hyper christ savior sexual jizzboss orochi kyo mean the character is decent and complete and is not going to debug overflow infinitestateloop on ur ass.

and lastly, if you really want that shit, heres some tips:

Zirusryle whom you mentioned is japanese and doesnt speak much eng. hes a nice guy if u can communicate with him he told me where to find some cool shit like 4 years ago. alot of the authors are foreign so hard to communicate at first but dont assume they all assholes.

its not hard bro. you need to make a niconico douga account and learn some jap, or learn some chinese and go on baidu and youku. you will find links to chinese and taiwanese mugen blogs.
 also try mugenfreeforall. theres heaps of shit on there. there are a million gouku orochi ken ryu iori kyo edits broken and non broken to keep u jizzing.

also for the kofm stuff u should try all the spanish/latino sites like MTM etc. so much shit on those sites that isnt posted on english speaking sites. there are some good russian sites too. u can use translatirs to register etc . If you kook hard enough bro y can find almost anything. hope this all enlightens u a little☺

For me I can tell if,1) There's is multiple videos showcasing changes, or the character so far. (WIP)
Only 1 video of a character that looks and plays well (Uploader is showing basic movement, attacks, and all specials)=Complete (Gennos)

and I do play MUGEN like once a week. In fact at one point I played it 3+ times a week. A huge majority of my MFG Profile Avater are (is) MUGEN screenshots.
#83  March 31, 2016, 12:34:15 am
#84  March 31, 2016, 12:48:49 am
like phantom said, you might be confused actually about x character been complete. it can be missing some air kicks or crouch punch, might be missing a hyper or special that the creator is still working on. but either way my advice to you is to just go on and forget about this so called rare characters because chances are you will never get your hands on them. also get used to it because this been going on for a long time and its going to continue no matter what. I got few of this characters but they are not rare, they just not finished. still wips that been in that state for many years and for lack of time they have not been finished. I guess I should make videos and called them super rare characters, lol!!!!!. just kidding
#85  March 31, 2016, 02:13:53 am
  • What is life without tacos?
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
No one is going to give you private characters just because you them want to, deal with it.
#86  March 31, 2016, 02:40:24 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
its pretty cool that so many members of varied backgrounds agree on this
#87  March 31, 2016, 02:53:40 am
    • USA
I don't like hentai mugen lol
thank you for your opinion, but that was a joke. answer this point and don't change the subject

Already answered but I'll just copy-and-paste it.
For me I can tell if, 1) There's is multiple videos showcasing changes, or the character so far.=(WIP)
or
Only 1 video of a character that looks and plays well (Uploader is showing basic movement, attacks, and all specials)=Complete
#88  March 31, 2016, 02:58:55 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Complete by your standards does not mean it is complete by theirs.

Only the author has the right to say if something is complete or not, and regardless, they still don't have to give it out if they do not want to.
#89  March 31, 2016, 03:03:07 am
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
I will also say this: threatening to hack someone else's computer (let alone actually attempting to do so), is almost certainly madly illegal, and can probably result in a very bad time. While the currently existing laws surrounding it are iffy (due to vague wording), hacking into someone else's computer definitely falls under "illegal".

Also, as far as private characters go, typically there are plans to release them (such as Glasses' Saiki or Sol003's Melira) or are overpowered (such as, say, E-Youmu). Depending on who you ask, asking nicely might net you a private character or two (speaking from experience).

>(Uploader is showing basic movement, attacks, and all specials)=Complete

Them's some kinda low standards there, m8.

lui

#90  March 31, 2016, 03:55:00 am
    • USA
Complete by your standards does not mean it is complete by theirs.

Only the author has the right to say if something is complete or not, and regardless, they still don't have to give it out if they do not want to.

Why cant you grasp this simple concept, youre being selfish dude. This is how life is, people want to keep their shit to themselves regardless if its complete or not, who are YOU to demand them to give it out to you? You dont know em, they dont know you, so dont expect them to give it out because of your whining, stop being stubborn.
#91  March 31, 2016, 04:34:28 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Depending on who you ask, asking nicely might net you a private character or two (speaking from experience).

Or you could be like me and just have a shitload of connections and a weird reputation as a beta tester somehow. ;P
#92  March 31, 2016, 04:37:34 am
  • Secrets are just answers to the wrong questions...
  • www.newagemugen.com
    • Greece
    • sakchak322@hotmail.com
    • www.newagemugen.com
@mugenman2

apart from zirustyle and kofm edits which you mentioned, to which i gave you some good advice on, could you be a little more specific and actually give atleast one or two examples of the creators/chars that you are referring to?
 Let us actually see what your talking about. What looks good or complete to you in a video may be different from a creators point of view. You may find out that these rare wips you are chasing might be a waste of your time. but lets not assume. post some vids so we can c where u coming from
#93  March 31, 2016, 04:54:34 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
it's like i'm back in 2006 with all these kids whining about private characters
#94  March 31, 2016, 05:06:17 am
Blaque is that you
#95  March 31, 2016, 05:16:52 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Oh hi Jill
#96  March 31, 2016, 05:19:56 am
don't tear me apart.
#97  March 31, 2016, 05:37:25 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Jokes on you I have Sin and God Ken!
#98  March 31, 2016, 05:50:27 am
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Yeah well, WELL, I still have Sean's SHADES 2 Fray with original VA! and EX Byrne! and standalone Zenith, Kane and Specialist! and Dark-Shade's Dan Type Wild and Rolento!
#99  March 31, 2016, 06:05:25 am
    • Chile

#100  March 31, 2016, 06:29:14 am
#101  March 31, 2016, 06:36:01 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

This has gotten really funny to watch...
#102  March 31, 2016, 06:37:37 am
  • For honor!
Iroha stripped for me
#103  March 31, 2016, 05:11:44 pm
    • USA
I will also say this: threatening to hack someone else's computer (let alone actually attempting to do so), is almost certainly madly illegal, and can probably result in a very bad time. While the currently existing laws surrounding it are iffy (due to vague wording), hacking into someone else's computer definitely falls under "illegal".

Also, as far as private characters go, typically there are plans to release them (such as Glasses' Saiki or Sol003's Melira) or are overpowered (such as, say, E-Youmu). Depending on who you ask, asking nicely might net you a private character or two (speaking from experience).

>(Uploader is showing basic movement, attacks, and all specials)=Complete

Them's some kinda low standards there, m8.

The threat to hack was obviously a joke...
#104  March 31, 2016, 05:14:42 pm
    • USA
#105  March 31, 2016, 05:21:40 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Yeah well, WELL, I still have Sean's SHADES 2 Fray with original VA! and EX Byrne! and standalone Zenith, Kane and Specialist! and Dark-Shade's Dan Type Wild and Rolento!

You realize I made the AI for all shades 2 chars right? That means I have em too brah
#106  March 31, 2016, 05:25:40 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Yeah well, I GOT THEM FIRST
#107  April 16, 2016, 02:38:46 pm
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
Like someone said once, You have it you share it, You keep it you Lost your shit.
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#108  April 16, 2016, 07:03:42 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
is it too late to reply to the topic name with 'they exist' or has that been done already
#109  April 22, 2016, 03:01:32 am
    • USA