YesNoOk

What to do about contacting MIA email addresses? (Read 3025 times)

Started by Chosen_01, September 01, 2007, 03:54:55 pm
Share this topic:
What to do about contacting MIA email addresses?
#1  September 01, 2007, 03:54:55 pm
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
So, I'm trying to contact Splode. His email blocks all recipients. I still want to follow the old rules
of the guild if possible. I believe it is right to let the creator know at least what your intentions are. So should there be a contact info thread similar to "Does this thing exist"? I want to release the character as soon as possible. Thanks.  ;P
Re: What to do about contacting MIA email addresses?
#2  September 01, 2007, 04:19:36 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
You have better chances making a thread at RS.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#3  September 01, 2007, 05:01:55 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
I'll pass a message onto Splode for you. What exactly of his are you after permission to use? If it's a whole character modification you can probably forget that idea.

Btw that "if possible" bit disturbs me somewhat...
#4  September 01, 2007, 05:29:35 pm
Don't take my wording too seriously.  :P  Looking to release an edited version of Captain Commando. Here's what's included:

* Fixed velocities on all Hypers, Supers, Normal attacks.
* This version is non-superjump friendly.
* A.I tweaking to be less repetitive.
* Added a new intro and win taunt.
* Added a new Hyper: Storm Bringer
* Added stricter canceling.
* Parry, Alpha Counter, tweaked Tech Roll
* New effects and palfx's for attacks.

I wonder how you can contact him.....when you do, forward the e-mail to LeonMarvel@yahoo.com just to be sure.

You have better chances making a thread at RS.

Gah!
#5  September 18, 2007, 06:54:54 pm
I'll pass a message onto Splode for you. What exactly of his are you after permission to use? If it's a whole character modification you can probably forget that idea.

Btw that "if possible" bit disturbs me somewhat...

Okay, you didn't even try to e-mail Splode. :\ Telling me in another forum "Here's your answer...NO." is not what I asked.

Can an admin tell me if he is unreachable. I feel like I want to try out the new rules by releasing it and just give credit. If this is against the rules let me know.  --;
#6  September 18, 2007, 06:56:22 pm
You asked to update the character. You got told no. It's really that simple.
I don't have to email him: I see the fellow around nearly daily.
#7  September 18, 2007, 07:01:23 pm
You asked to update the character. You got told no. It's really that simple.
I don't have to email him: I see the fellow around nearly daily.

Taking your word for it doesn't cut it. If that was the case, I could have made a dummy account on here and said that I know him and gave MYSELF permission. I don't understand why I have to hear this from his lackeys....
#8  September 18, 2007, 07:09:59 pm
  • Notorious Procrastinator
  • Proudly banned from /r/mugen
    • USA
#9  September 18, 2007, 07:19:27 pm
That's what the "if possible" meant. I really want to get permission from the creators, but on the other hand, the new rules seem to help if the above issue happens. I have a lot of characters that aren't just mere edits that I would like to share with the community. All I ask is to hear from the creator directly or have his real e-mail address. If he tells me no himself, I will be satisfied. That is all.
#10  September 18, 2007, 07:41:51 pm
Which even if he came here and personally told you no, you could just as easily slap away claiming that that isn't Splode.

You made a request, and got told no regarding it. It doesn't go beyond there because there isn't any reason to. You want to go ahead with thinking you're getting BS feel free to, just keep in mind you release stolen stuff you're toast at a lot of places, Chosen. Now go apeshit over that.
#11  September 18, 2007, 07:50:53 pm
Which even if he came here and personally told you no, you could just as easily slap away claiming that that isn't Splode.

You made a request, and got told no regarding it. It doesn't go beyond there because there isn't any reason to. You want to go ahead with thinking you're getting BS feel free to, just keep in mind you release stolen stuff you're toast at a lot of places, Chosen. Now go apeshit over that.

I could care less about reputation, I just wanted to contact the real person and get a respectful answer. Simple. Whatever though. I'm mostly pissed because I thought Splode wouldn't mind so I did the "edit" route instead of creating it by scratch. I'll just create him from scratch then. Tell Splode *turns on sarcasim switch* "Thanks a lot."
#12  September 20, 2007, 12:02:44 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Splode is less than reachable on this forum.  He might be cruising around on Mugen IRC channels, but you'll have to ask around for that.  He goes by Disco* something or another sometimes.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.