YesNoOk

What really drives you up the wall when it comes to MUGEN? (Read 871600 times)

Started by Big Dick, May 22, 2011, 06:38:52 pm
Share this topic:
Re: What really drives you up the wall when it comes to MUGEN?
#281  July 02, 2011, 05:43:00 am
  • Add-on Pro :P
    • Mexico
The inability to use pngs instead of 256 pcx. :(

TempesT said:
I just got back from having really hot and raw sex with sal and seph, oh my gosh they violated my body many times, IT WAS GREAT!!!!! They have many big dick and used to have sex with my sex holes! Also my armpits are strictly OFF LIMITS especially to foreign weiners.
>:)
[/center]
Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 05:46:41 am by sal-azul
#282  July 02, 2011, 05:46:44 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I hate that reason people haven't switched to Mugen 1.0 is because no one has made a screenpack that will hold 1 million god/Orchi/angry/holy/republican/Evil Ryu clones.

Me too, stupid republican Ryus ruining this one proud nation!
#283  July 02, 2011, 05:48:54 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Hmm....the lack of simple guides to making a character.  I don't want to start with some super-balanced, perfect character, and I don't want to download even more random image editing programs....

I just wanna make a simple Zarbon....  :'(
#284  July 02, 2011, 05:51:41 am
    • Thailand
The inability to use pngs instead of 256 pcx. :(
You can use .png in 1.0, you just can't use anything greater than 8bit.

That brings me to a slight annoyance I've experienced recently. I can't use 32bit sprites so Nero's effects can't appear how they should and there's nothing I can do about it except make him for 1.1, which doesn't have a public release yet. :(

And yes, effects matter.

Hmm....the lack of simple guides to making a character.  I don't want to start with some super-balanced, perfect character, and I don't want to download even more random image editing programs....

I just wanna make a simple Zarbon....  :'(
There are MORE than enough guides. KFM's files, the docs, Cyanides tutorials, a forum full of information. The only thing you yourself are missing is patience. You're looking for something that teaches you how to code a character in 10 minutes -- that will never exist. Stop being lazy.
#285  July 02, 2011, 05:55:38 am
  • [Personal Text]
There are MORE than enough guides. KFM's files, the docs, Cyanides tutorials (...)

Cyanide's tutorials are excellent, by the way.
Okay.
#286  July 02, 2011, 06:01:16 am
    • USA
Bah, your no fun.  We lethargic users will have out revenge.....eventually.

It still bugs me there isn't a simplier way to get started.  After some experience I'll go for something more....presentable, but for now I just want to know how the hell I put the sprites I ripped into the Fighter Factory....been having these sprites sit here for 2 so months now.

But anyways, other than this little thing, I suppose the only other thing bothering me is when you find that character you were really hoping was made for Mugen, only to find it's just a cheap and/or unfinished character.
#287  July 02, 2011, 05:05:19 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
All of the work that comes with updating your roster with updates and new releases. It's the "annoying fun" territory that comes with Mugen. It's worth it in the end, even though it sometimes sucks....
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#288  July 02, 2011, 10:34:12 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#289  July 03, 2011, 08:58:39 am
    • USA
Bah, your no fun.  We lethargic users will have out revenge.....eventually.

It still bugs me there isn't a simplier way to get started.  After some experience I'll go for something more....presentable, but for now I just want to know how the hell I put the sprites I ripped into the Fighter Factory....been having these sprites sit here for 2 so months now.

Simple, just click Sprite->Add on Fighter Factory.
#290  July 03, 2011, 09:05:42 am
    • USA
Yea, I'm an idiot, I found that out afterwords.  Still have neverending problems, though, as everything becomes blurry, has a white box outlining everything, and some sprites are transparant where they should be white.

A video tutorial will make this so much easier.

Thanks for trying to help, though.
#291  July 03, 2011, 09:39:21 am
  • *insert personal text here*
    • www.youtube.com/user/KirbySuperstar101
I hate that reason people haven't switched to Mugen 1.0 is because no one has made a screenpack that will hold 1 million god/Orchi/angry/holy/republican/Evil Ryu clones.
True, so true
People need to stop obsessing over the "god" characters and the fact that 1.0 doesn't have a lot of screenpacks that hold thousands of characters
#292  July 03, 2011, 09:42:15 am
    • USA
But it does have screenpacks that hold thousands of characters.
#293  July 03, 2011, 10:01:11 am
  • *insert personal text here*
    • www.youtube.com/user/KirbySuperstar101
#294  July 03, 2011, 10:59:20 am
  • Mite Kudasai, Ore no Henshin..
    • Singapore
On Topic-
Cheap Characters that can't be hit/defeated no matter what you do.. --;

Off Topic-
I know that
I have the IMT (Blue) 1.0 screenpack and i use the 8400 version

Oh wow i didn't know you sign up here  ::)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

~ A New Hero, A New Legend~ Cho Henshin! - 超変身! ~
#295  July 03, 2011, 07:03:11 pm
  • I got a PM.
3 topics all about my latest release and not a single reply.

A.That is the kind of shit that makes a guy think that the guild is full of a bunch of flamers that only want to rip on shit.

B. that no one gives a shit about my latest creation.

C. That people see my name and ignore.

D. Mugen is dead.

No matter the case.... it drives me up the wall.
#296  July 04, 2011, 01:01:30 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
That brings me to a slight annoyance I've experienced recently. I can't use 32bit sprites so Nero's effects can't appear how they should and there's nothing I can do about it except make him for 1.1, which doesn't have a public release yet. :(
Hey, make a normal version for everybody, with downgraded FX, and make a private version for 1.1 "owners". ;D
At least, it will be ready already when 1.1 comes out in a decade or two, and some of us will be able to bitch about our privates. 8)

PS : I'll trade it against CastleVanilla or Country Enforcers edited for stage zooming if you want. ::)
#297  July 04, 2011, 01:23:52 am
  • I got a PM.
Mugen 1.1? Bah! Not until I see a long form birth certificate.
#298  July 04, 2011, 01:48:56 am
    • Thailand
Hey, make a normal version for everybody, with downgraded FX, and make a private version for 1.1 "owners". ;D
At least, it will be ready already when 1.1 comes out in a decade or two, and some of us will be able to bitch about our privates. 8)

PS : I'll trade it against CastleVanilla or Country Enforcers edited for stage zooming if you want. ::)
It doesn't quite affect him that much. I just inverted the sprites, applied a black background layer and then used subtract transparency in mugen. It isn't 100% perfect, but it works. It's just that the little particles in some of the effects that are supposed to be there aren't visible. The transparency isn't correct either. I should be able to control the subtract transparency, but it's mugen and I can't. I'm just glad he's not black effect heavy. :-X
#299  July 04, 2011, 01:50:11 am
  • Winmugen FTW
    • El Salvador

MDI

#300  July 04, 2011, 08:05:12 am
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
You know that Mugen 1.0 can support any resolution you want right? You can literally have the same exact screenpack, characters, and stages you do on Winmugen using the new engine.

The fact that people still can't seem to understand that is what drives me up the wall. :(
ey