YesNoOk

Why some people hate MVC characters? (Read 9263 times)

Started by JozoTheBoogey, August 15, 2008, 02:44:55 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Why some people hate MVC characters?
#21  August 16, 2008, 01:48:36 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
#22  August 16, 2008, 02:28:00 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
How's MvC a button masher outside the 2 or 3 chars that have one-button projectiles?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#23  August 16, 2008, 02:29:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Silly pots, cuz its crap. and its crap cuz its crap, and thats crap.
Crappy crap, always crapping my serious crap.

JozoTheBoogey

#24  August 16, 2008, 02:57:56 pm
Silly pots, cuz its crap. and its crap cuz its crap, and thats crap.
Crappy crap, always crapping my serious crap.
the only crap is when some writes crap more then 3 times
#25  August 16, 2008, 03:43:28 pm
    • Thailand
The only crap is your Topics :-X

MvC needed to have Better Physics ,and all of those huge effects were unnecessary, just to do a Normal special a big glowing wave of energy came from behind you to much Flash and Funny Physics :-\

JozoTheBoogey

#26  August 16, 2008, 03:54:03 pm
The only crap is your Topics :-X

MvC needed to have Better Physics ,and all of those huge effects were unnecessary, just to do a Normal special a big glowing wave of energy came from behind you to much Flash and Funny Physics :-\
Your right, lets take Cipher Lucius MVC Ken edit from Limited Moon's Ken-x. Now that's a really good MVC character
#27  August 16, 2008, 06:14:01 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
It does not help that marvel vs capcom 1 and 2 are the worse of the vs series and the best of them marvel super heroes, is neglected a lot.
Marvel Super Heroes sucks.

Ironman > That game.

MvC1 is much more balanced..
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#28  August 16, 2008, 06:34:14 pm
  • Go Go
the only thing crappy i saw about the mvc series were the boss battles. it was like playing a pg-13
mortal kombat
#29  August 16, 2008, 06:39:37 pm
  • my avatar is there, look harder.
the only thing crappy i saw about the mvc series were the boss battles. it was like playing a pg-13
mortal kombat
thats crap too, right?
I've never played the game long enough to get that far XD
I need a revolution.
#30  August 17, 2008, 08:07:32 am
  • If only I had my rainbow star back -_-
    • www.myspace.com/honest_luke
I would take SF3, kof 98, or CVS2 over MVC2 any day. Although, MVC2 can't be THAT bad compared to other shitty fighters. I'm suprised people don't hate on clay fighters that much haha
It's true that if you own a PS3 then all arguments made by those who don't have one are invalid.
#31  August 17, 2008, 08:20:17 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Clayfighters isn't particularly mainstream and doesn't have a following anyway.

MvC is rather button mashy but it has SOME tactics to it, first person to pull off their infinite wins, so you have to keep P2 in a position where he can't do that to you.

MvC is just crap in mugen cos it's very rarely done properly. MvC does not mean lp lk mp mk hp hk = combo. It means you have to know WHICH way the combo can go. Blackheart for eg was only able to go cross from punch to kick and couldn't combo 2 moves on the same strength. But it was different on a super jump. Always important to look at how a character in game works before putting it into mugen. You don't even have to be particularly good with them. You just have to know how to try everything you can think of.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#32  August 17, 2008, 01:29:10 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
Clayfighters > MVC2

And SOME tactics? Probably 10% of the fighting in that game is tactics and the rest is on something else in which  button mashing is the majority.

Anti-air, ground, etc. is another way to say that this game is lacking. In Xmen vs Street Fighter Rogue was able to sap the abilities of other fighters, which I think provides a very interesting mix to the fighting game genre. It is like Neo Geesus and Shang Tsung without entirely changing into your opponent. Now, in MVC they stripped her of this. So why include her into the game? PROFIT! Because as long as gamers see OMFG Rogue then they won't care about the important details such as gameplay. I am afraid to say games have been taking this route ALOT if you haven't noticed already (you probably have). It is not that I hate the characters, just the game.

So in essence I  cannot stand MVC because it reminds me of the downfall of fighting games and harbors games like it to come in the future.

It's a sad day for baseball.

#33  August 17, 2008, 01:43:27 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
Clayfighters > MVC2

And SOME tactics? Probably 10% of the fighting in that game is tactics and the rest is on something else in which  button mashing is the majority.

Anti-air, ground, etc. is another way to say that this game is lacking. In Xmen vs Street Fighter Rogue was able to sap the abilities of other fighters, which I think provides a very interesting mix to the fighting game genre. It is like Neo Geesus and Shang Tsung without entirely changing into your opponent. Now, in MVC they stripped her of this. So why include her into the game? PROFIT! Because as long as gamers see OMFG Rogue then they won't care about the important details such as gameplay. I am afraid to say games have been taking this route ALOT if you haven't noticed already (you probably have). It is not that I hate the characters, just the game.

So in essence I  cannot stand MVC because it reminds me of the downfall of fighting games and harbors games like it to come in the future.

:dozey:
#34  August 17, 2008, 04:03:39 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!
#35  August 17, 2008, 04:09:12 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Die.
#36  August 17, 2008, 04:23:45 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Who ?
#37  August 17, 2008, 07:36:17 pm
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
"Clayfighters > MVC2"
ClayFighters sucks. It cannot compare to MvC2 or any fighting game.
WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
#38  August 17, 2008, 09:30:37 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com

#39  August 17, 2008, 10:10:49 pm
if you honestly think clayfighters is better than mvc2 you have horrible taste
#40  August 18, 2008, 01:05:10 am
  • The Man With The Master Plan
MVC is just a strange looking style. It just doesnt look proper.