YesNoOk

Would u consider? (Read 811 times)

Started by LivingVoodooDoll, October 17, 2009, 03:13:44 pm
Share this topic:
Would u consider?
#1  October 17, 2009, 03:13:44 pm
well since electbyte returned there is a lot of chars/stages to be updated yet some of the creators are offline.Which means their chars will never ever have any update.So a list of offline characters/creators may be created in order for ppl to pick and convert if there are ppl willing to do it.

so would u consider creating a list of that kind?
Though it may be too early as its not clear that this new build of mugen is stable or not from now on.
Re: Would u consider?
#2  October 17, 2009, 03:15:19 pm
    • Thailand
You can create the list, no one is stopping you. Have fun doing the research and maybe some people will help you.
#3  October 17, 2009, 04:02:39 pm
a list of offline characters/creators may be created in order for ppl to pick and convert
Convert what ? Mugen 1.0 is supposed to be compatible with older creations.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4  October 17, 2009, 04:04:47 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
And what if they DON'T? who will updates the chars... since no one really knows how Mugen works, just the selected elitist bastards that rule over mugen with an Iron fist.

HEIL RAJAA !
#5  October 17, 2009, 04:14:31 pm
    • Thailand
a list of offline characters/creators may be created in order for ppl to pick and convert

I was assuming he meant win-quotes, pause-times, and AI-activation methods, etc. <_<

And what if they DON'T? who will updates the chars... since no one really knows how Mugen works, just the selected elitist bastards that rule over mugen with an Iron fist.

HEIL RAJAA !

o_O
#6  October 17, 2009, 04:18:45 pm

ok convert may not be the best word to use here :P but just dont be so picky..try to get what i mean ffs

some chars are not working properly appearing broken.This new build is more strick where old mugen used to ignore some code problems..same goes for the stages some of them have huge lags and have problems with their layers.

i was referring to fixing those for offline but worthy creations.

but maybe just dont care..let the new age begin..
#7  October 17, 2009, 04:20:00 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
@Rajaa: Yeah... never mind that.

Well if you ever have some problems with an old character chashing in the new mugen you can always report that in the Elecbyte forum so that they can assist you and maybe fix whatever is causing the crahsing in the engine, unless the crashing is caused by bad character coding.
#8  October 17, 2009, 04:23:00 pm
some chars are not working properly appearing broken.
Because they were broken shit to begin with. Like I said, Mugen 1.0 is ultimately supposed to be compatible with older creations - it might not be completely compatible yet but it will be, as Elecbyte said, that's what they're trying to do.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#9  October 17, 2009, 04:37:18 pm
    • Thailand
If a character is made compatible, it's made compatible. Keeping a list would not only be ridiculously unnecessary, it would be outstandingly tedious. Is there a list for all the characters that work for the now old Mugen? Probably not, it's just not worth managing.
#10  October 17, 2009, 05:39:44 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Well, when XNA Mugen was being developed, it allowed Ishida and JZ to debug their characters a lot. JZ's Felicia was full of bugs and typos which didn't crush Mugen at all, and I wouldn't call Felicia a "shitty character" at all.

Winmugen 1.0's parsing is alittle more strict than the old one, and sometimes shuts because of things like empty animations and all. The best thing to do is give a link of the char to Elecbyte, stating the bug, and they will fix the problem (either by making the parsing less strict, either, as they did in a precedent case, make Winmugen 1.0 shut down by giving an exact error message so that people can fix the problem easily).

It may be a problem for people who use 1000+ chars in their roster but, as a matter of fact, it will serve them as lesson for using too much shitty stuff !!! >:)
#11  October 18, 2009, 12:40:58 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
But I liek my shitty stuff. :(
Plus, if they are aiming for full backwards compatibility, the parsing shouldn't change with characters that aren't tagged as 'new'.

Rajaa, the closest thing to a complete list is Electrocaid's 'Perfect Select'. Dunno if he's kept up since we moved to WinMugen, though.
#12  October 18, 2009, 01:02:59 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
the list is good to point out which creators are NOT updated for the new mugen. if said creators aren't updating it would be nice to bring these creations to the new mugen, the way dos2win helped convert old dos creations to winmugen.

if such a tool or a tutorial was developed to help people patch chars in their own roster, that'd be good development.