YesNoOk

Xenomic's MUGEN series! (Read 6488 times)

Started by Xenomic, October 29, 2012, 01:26:13 am
Share this topic:
Re: Xenomic's MUGEN series!
#21  November 01, 2012, 10:13:10 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
There are tons of lifebars that have the powerbar above, which helps since it blocks nothing. I'm sure you can find one that fits your tastes if you search in the MUGEN Releases section.
#22  November 01, 2012, 10:46:51 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Well for now I'm going to be using Kohaku's SWR lifebars, since those have a special version that moves the power bars to the top. Too bad her Soku ones don't have that~ Though I WOULD love to change that announcer...I prefer the BlazBlue one much more than that Overture one, though simply putting in the fight.snd from the other lifebar to this one doesn't work since the voice clips are all sorts of screwed up (how can the fight be finished if it's just starting!?). And luckily, I don't deal with time limits so I don't have to worry about configuring anything for these lifebars~
#23  November 02, 2012, 03:43:39 am
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Yuuka Kazazmi by Moiky
Mima by barai&harudi
Stage: Mugenkan by Luneth
Music: Complete Darkness (don't have the author's name)

Wow...even though I'm using an outdated Yuuka (a year old Yuuka at that), she's mighty powerful if you can get her special up. But that's the thing...you HAVE to get that up. Otherwise, she's not going to do anything. And with Mima being super aggressive, well...that's kinda hard to do. You can utilize the laser to keep knocking Mima down, since she seems to like it so much, and then charge up...

In other news, this Yuuka, unlike the current one, didn't have any dash or grazing. Hence, there was nothing I could do against the onslaught of bullets. The new one has this, but she has nothing to attack out of dashing...

Medicine Melancholy by cabbage
Alice Margatroid by Atusi
Stage: Garden of the Sun by Luneth
Song: Doll Judgment ~ The Girl Who Played With People's Shapes (don't have author name)

Medicine is a full-on Soku-styled character it seems, though she's a bit awkward to use. She's really flighty and a lot of her moves require specific positioning to get out right. Still, doesn't matter much as they're all nice, and the poison does deal damage over time. I know she has more supers, but I wasn't able to do them (and the counter super is easiest to do).

I was originally using Mikage's Alice, but I wanted to have something with SOME AI, so I went with ATUSI's. I COULD have gone with Aotsuki's, but ehhhh...didn't want to deal with story mode spellcards!
Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:39:28 am by Xenomic
#24  November 03, 2012, 02:35:27 am
    • USA

Shanghai by Souki
Marisa Kirisame by Fruele, with AI patch
Stage: Marisa's House
Music: Vessel of Stars ~ Casket of Stars by Golden City Factory

You remember when I said Remilia's AI was bad because it mind-read? Well...this AI originally didn't. In fact, the original AI was terrible, and so I gave it this AI patch. And it became....THIS thing. This was not a fun fight at all, simply because if she could, she WOULD counter anything with the appropriate thing. In fact, you'll see that even when I'm NOT near her, she'll attempt to do counters (such as while I'm doing the Spinner Doll, she'll try to Broomryuken, even though I'm nowhere near her).

Shanghai is pretty fun to use actually, even if she is limited to just the Shanghai-type attacks that Alice uses. Still fun though! Wanted to show off that level 3 super, but Marisa stuffed it ;_;

Kanako Yasaka by RicePigeon
Suwako Moriya by Mikage
Stage: Last Blade Shrine
Song: Suwa Foughten Field & Native Faith by ????

I like how you can choose the spellcards at the start instead of being limited to specific spellcards throughout the match, much like Minoo's characters, though I think it'd be interesting to do something like what Som did with his Koakuma and have 4 different preset decks. But oh well!

Again, Mikage's AI is terrible, but there's really no other Soku-styled Suwako, so I was forced to use this one. I wanted to at least get BOTH a specific intro AND specific win in, but I only got the win in. Ah well~
Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:38:04 am by Xenomic
#25  November 03, 2012, 06:25:48 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Can you do the Chen vs Yukari? Or Yukari vs Chen, which sounds better. Last I recall, the creator of Chen gave her a Story mode, aka you lower her health lots of times to capture her spellcards or make her activate another one.
#26  November 03, 2012, 09:18:35 pm
    • USA
I can more than likely do that one near the end, after all the other ones have been done (just so that I have at least fought Yukari, and at least have used Chen, so that I have a reason to use Yukari and fight Chen both (and I can do that fight like I originally planned at that~). I would have her fight Ran or Ran fight her instead, but considering that Ran that's out isn't a true Ran....yeah...

Though I didn't know he gave her a story mode at all. Hope it's not as ridiculous as Kurogane's or Aotsuki's! And I'll probably be using a Soku Yukari, if I have one, since I'm more used to that game (I have some Soku versions of characters now at least, but there's none for Reimu it seems, and the one for Cirno, which is by fruele, is super buggy for me for some reason...).
#27  November 04, 2012, 05:27:54 am
    • USA
No videos tonight as I had no other MUGEN videos to put here. I do have 4 in backstock now though, although it would have been 5 had Hakurei Miko actually worked for me (it errors out whenever I try to start MUGEN with her...). So unless I get a working copy of her from someone, and it being the latest version, then there won't be any Kasen vs Miko action going on. In other news, Pikapon's Tewi has me quite aggravated. The ideas and whatnot behind it are nice and all, but it has TOO much utility behind it. That, and the AI abuses every little thing it can (call Eirin? Might as well put down the controller if you can't graze bullets or anything, because she's more than likely going to throw you either with the close-up throw, and you can't do nothing about it because bullets around you, or use that stupid long-range throw of which again can't do nothing about). I'm willing to even say it's WORSE than fighting Nachel's Remilia or fruele's Marisa with the AI patch. At least those, while they DO mind-read, are fightable. I was lucky to even GET any damage done on Tewi, let alone get close to her to even GET any hits off. It may be because I was also using Minoo's Reisen II though...but somehow I have a feeling even with a proper Touhou character, it wouldn't have mattered >_>

Look forward to the Mokou vs Kaguya match though. I think that one is going to be rather nice to watch~

**Goes off to continue being angry at people not being able to make AI properly**
#28  November 04, 2012, 10:27:03 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Though I didn't know he gave her a story mode at all. Hope it's not as ridiculous as Kurogane's or Aotsuki's!

If you're playing with Touhou characters that have the flying system from SWR, you'll see it's quite balanced. In fact, I also tried with a normal character and it's possible to beat it, though it takes a lot more effort. Just try it, you'll like it.
#29  November 04, 2012, 10:34:21 am
    • USA
Yeah, I think that's one of the biggest issues I'm having with a lot of these fights is that Minoo's stuff DON'T have the graze system from SWR/Soku/IaMP at all. As long as the AI isn't a mind-reading one, or like Pikapon's Tewi (did I mention that I hate her now? Oh wait, yes I have...). After what I'll have to fight next (oh dear god more Pre-To stuff that I don't even know will work on my MUGEN, and oh dear god more Kurogane stuff, including fighting his Shinki with Gomashio's Byakuren...), hope it's a nice breather!

I do have to say though, as much as I like Akyuu, she seems...a bit weird. Like...it feels like she can just spam supers all the time and ALMOST get away with it. I have a feeling that if there's an AI patch for her (which I think there is), it takes advantage of that fact. Though Minoo's Keine surprised me with how its AI was. It was actually fighting unlike most of what I've fought so far. o_O

G-Sho's Kaguya without the AI is terrible, but with it is pretty fun to fight. And I really like the design and feel of both that Kaguya and Isu's Mokou. They feel like they're perfectly meant for one another (though the stage I used to fight them on is ironic...it's the first time I use Kohaku's SWR lifebars, and now I can FINALLY see cards and stuff, but the stage itself hides the cards and spirit gauge. I could only laugh lol...but I didn't wanna change stages because of what I was setting up for).

But I'll go over the characters later, as well as what I think is more balanced with AIs. I realize I didn't speak much on AIs with Marisa or Remilia, but I think Tewi will be the best place for that...

Also, I dare anyone to fight that Tewi. I wanna see someone here take it down! Though without taking it down cheaply (i.e. spamming one thing over and over). I TRY to avoid that myself in these videos because that's not interesting at all and doesn't make for good videos, so yeah...I want to see/hear other people's opinions on that thing.
#30  November 04, 2012, 10:38:31 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
It's really easy to beat that Tewi. Just put yourself in the corner and see how it keeps spamming the same combo over and over (be careful, as it likes to combo overheads with low attacks a lot). Just wait and counter it and that's it, you win. Though a match in which you do that all the time is really boring.
#31  November 04, 2012, 10:48:43 am
    • USA
I actually tried to stay in the corner, but then I got thrown a lot (that Guitar Throw does quite a bit of damage at that). And then I tried to play keep-away (since ya know, was using Reisen II by Minoo, and she seems fit for that), but then HERP FULL-SCREEN THROW FROM ANYWHERE WITH HOLE! Or that goshdarn bamboo that comes from nowhere...

I noticed that with the overhead/low attacks. I remember playing against Patchouli and was like "WHY AM I NOT BLOCKING ANYTHING!? I COULD BLOCK ANYTHING IN SOKU!!", and then I was like "Oh...MUGEN doesn't have this...". Guess that mindset is still there while doing this videos. @_@;

It's like how you can just spam something to knock down Nachel's Remilia and keep her knocked down (i.e. Flandre's Laevateinn like I was doing) or spam something on Mima (like I kinda HAD to do with Yuuka cuz...she didn't have graze in the version I was using. Not that that would've helped much against that beast).

And yeah, that's what I'm speaking of with making matches not interesting. It's why I think the Flan vs Remi match was a bit boring (all I tried to do was run and whatnot), but I tried to make up for it SOMEWHAT. Not that it's that easy to do. Much like how Yuuka vs Mima wasn't that great of a fight....but I think Yuugi vs Suika was probably one of the best fights I've had so far, even if I did lose. Same with Koakuma vs Patchouli, and right now I think Mokou vs Kaguya and Akyuu vs Keine are pretty prime too.

Speaking of Kurogane's stuff, how terrifying is his Yuugenmagen and Shinki anyways? I guess I should find out about these things beforehand (or well...I do have the matchup list on the first page I think? If not, I could post what I have in the first post...).

On another note, finding a GOOD Reisen was hard. I settled for Shiroto's since the other Reisens I fought either spammed bullets all day and ran, or well...spammed bullets all day and didn't let you hit her. And Yorihime can't deal with bullets very well either without power. >_>;;
#32  November 05, 2012, 02:57:46 am
    • USA
3 new vids in backstock now, and lemme just say now that 2 of the 3 fights took many, MANY attempts. Akakedama's Sanae isn't bad to fight against, since the AI is kinda...odd, but my GOD .Dat's Yumemi was a major pain in the ass to fight. Like I consider her WORSE than Tewi to fight, even though with her I could at least HIT her sometimes unlike that rabbit. Doesn't help that she has so many air unblockable stuff either. And then there was his Nazrin, which was actually a LOT more fightable than Yumemi, though rough to fight (at least Shou had grazing, which is odd since it was Minoo's, unless he added grazing to the later Touhous he made...). But more on those later whenever those are uploaded! I'm kinda going out of order of the list now, just doing whatever, but I have the remaining set of characters in my MUGEN already, ready to go whenever. Gonna have a blast fighting some of them (luckily I'm not fighting .Dat's Yamame and instead using her, but I wonder how Kisume is going to be...).

I could not fight Yumemi at Probability Space Hypervessel, as the stage for some reason refused to even be recognized by my MUGEN sadly ;__;  Which is odd as it was perfectly fine before when I used it in the other MUGEN of mine, as well as testing it in this MUGEN I believe, so I don't know what could be wrong. Anyone else have any issues with this stage? It just flatout says (in MWC) that it cannot be read, even though I have it in the game, and checking in MUGEN itself, it doesn't show up at all even though I have it in the files :S
Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:03:38 am by Xenomic
#33  November 05, 2012, 11:31:32 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Tell me what happens when you add the stage, maybe I can help you. What kind of error does it show?
#34  November 05, 2012, 10:06:57 pm
    • USA
It just flatout says that it cannot load the stage, and gives the path to the def file (the author said to leave things in the folder in the ReadMe, so that's what I did. The folders are in Japanese, but that shouldn't matter as his Chireiden and Untrodden Path both work fine, both in MUGEN and with MWC...
#35  November 05, 2012, 10:20:40 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
You may be installing it wrong. Pass me the stage or a link to it so I can try it myself.
#36  November 05, 2012, 10:26:59 pm
    • USA
Well, that's the thing. It worked perfectly fine before, but now it refuses to read it at all. I've even manually put it into the DEF as it should be, and it just won't read it. So yeah...no idea what's up with that....

http://luneth.tuzigiri.com/top_page.html

It was fine in the normal MUGEN (which used EVE), and I BELIEVE it was fine in here when I put it in with MWC...though MWC puts things in weirdly anyways, since it has trouble reading some stages like Luneth's Garden of the Sun or any Moriya Shrine, while regular MUGEN can read them properly (even though they were put in via MWC)...
#37  November 05, 2012, 10:35:48 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I can't believe I needed to use a proxy to reach that website. LOL WTF is wrong with my Internet.

Ok, let's just say screw you to the creator's suggestion of not moving the files, and just do what I say. Put the BGM to your sound folder in MUGEN. Then put your stages def and sff in your stage folder. Then open the def and change the bgmusic for this:

bgmusic      = sound/Disunified_Field_Theory_of_Magic.mp3
;bgmusic      = sound/Sailor of Time.mp3

It should work now. Using a folder with a japanese name may screw MUGEN, as it may be unable to read the name of that folder. I've seen it happen to me with a character.
#38  November 05, 2012, 10:38:33 pm
    • USA
I'll give that a try later and see how that works. Of course, I'll have to use it later when -I'm- using Yumemi fighting....someone....cuz like hell if I'm even going to attempt to refight her after that madness of 1 hour of trying to beat her @_@;

I'm wondering why it doesn't work for all of the stages though in the folders, considering that it just randomly decides which ones it doesn't want to read (sometimes, even with Chireiden which USUALLY works, it'll not read it, which is weird...).
#39  November 05, 2012, 10:40:45 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
My suggestion, just place all musics to the sound folder and redirect your def so it searches them there. It's basically changing whatever it says in bgmusic to "sound/mysound.mp3". This way it will work 100% of the times, most likely.
#40  November 05, 2012, 10:42:32 pm
    • USA
I'll just do that then, and hopefully I can use them without having to start up MUGEN itself (since that takes a while to do, and MWC is more convenient for everything ever. Saves on loading time, having to Cntrl + Shift + F1 in Watch mode all the time to fight, etc.).