YesNoOk

"Best Game of " 08 - 09 (Read 12516 times)

Started by ResidentX19, January 07, 2008, 01:42:52 am
Share this topic:
"Best Game of " 08 - 09
#1  January 07, 2008, 01:42:52 am
.."GOD OF WAR 3 " hands down. "But" u can cast your own "predictions on what the best game of 08- 09 will be.

but here are  some  "facts & reads" about "GOW3"

God of War III  is a forthcoming installment in the popular God of War video game franchise. It is to be released on the PS3. It will be released in 2009. It is the fifth chapter in the series chronologically, after God of War: Chains of Olympus, God of War, God of War: Betrayal and God of War II.

Though little is known about the game at this point, it was confirmed to be in development by Cory Barlog at a God of War II launch event. He revealed that the game would run at full 1080p HD resolution, and the game would support SIXAXIS tilt and vibration functions. This was stated before the DualShock 3 controller was announced; therefore causing confusion as the SIXAXIS controller did not support rumble. Barlog also expressed an interest in adding a cooperative mode "if we can do something unique with it".

God of War director David Jaffe has said that, "God of War explains, or ultimately will explain, why there are no more Greek myths." Though Jaffe and Barlog left Sony for other opportunities, they are still credited for the series and will possibly be involved in this installment. Jaffe, who co-founded his own development studio Eat, Sleep, Play has recently expressed interest to be involved in development for God of War III.

Developer(s) SCE Studios Santa Monica
Publisher(s) SCEA
Picture format 720p, 1080i, 1080p (HDTV)
480p (EDTV)
576i (SDTV)
Released November 15, 2008
Genre Hack and slash, Action adventure
Mode(s) Single player (possible multiplayer)
Platform(s) PlayStation 3
Media Blu-ray Disc
Input methods SIXAXIS & DualShock 3

OZ

Re: "Best Game of " 08 - 09
#2  January 07, 2008, 01:50:29 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
I'm hoping for Fable 2 or Soul Calibur IV
ಠ_ಠ
#3  January 07, 2008, 01:55:04 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#4  January 07, 2008, 03:35:38 am
Fable 2, I want to believe, or MGS4. 
#5  January 07, 2008, 03:40:10 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
I just wish the era of Custom creations don't die out. Then a RPG with awfully customisable features will be the best one.

Other than that, Fable. I don't think it will be the game I was trying to describe, but yeah.
Accusare nemo se debet nisi coram Veridis
DYNOMITE
#6  January 07, 2008, 03:47:52 am
*coughs*

ok...now heres my 2nd choice if "GOW3" doesnt hand out =/

what do you people think of "Resident Evil 5" woo hoo!!!!

i hope that re-create the on-going fan base and excitement as the "past'' titles.

but one thing that pisses me off is that it is "Set" in "Africa" 0_0

and that has "Made" major controversy's with the popular title.... although i  think its racist  --;

and yes im black. also, but comeon world lets give it a go...?? right  ;D
#7  January 07, 2008, 03:55:58 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
Meh, I don't care. if it's a good game, then it's a good game.

Would of been nice if it was set in Haiti, though.
DYNOMITE
#8  January 07, 2008, 03:59:41 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
how can it be racist to kill black zombie-ish men if it wasn't racist to kill spanish zombie-ish men? *didnt hear anything about RE4 being controversial because of it

just-a wonderin'  :S

BUT ANYWHO: GTA4, if it actually does something new in this iteration, then it may contend...

and i mean NEW...climbing a wall or hanging off a wall or hanging onto a car isn't NEW...

#9  January 07, 2008, 04:05:34 am
  • I am a ghost.
    • USA
    • www.bmarquis.com
so you think it's only going to be trying to see how much cash they can get on the whole stealing cars/killing hoes genre?
DYNOMITE
#10  January 07, 2008, 04:13:03 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
i love GTA, but its getting tiresome. story is good, but come on now each new game feels the same, but with minor additions

GTA3: killing hoes, in 3D
GTAVC: GTA3 with bikes (IMO)
GTASA: GTAVC with stat building, car customization, and i can FINALLY SWIM. too much land though

i am honestly not hyped at all for GTA4 cause, well, i haven't heard anything AMAZING about it at all...

#11  January 07, 2008, 04:15:39 am
well first can i say.

they were not "Spanish"

they were europion ...or however u spell it.

-2nd. it seems there will be lots of good game's coming soon. but GOW3 will blow them all away like the last 2 yrs =)

also than you for the people who posted.

lastly. i have "Owned" my RE4 for 3-4 yrs so, i basically no alot about it  o_O
#12  January 07, 2008, 04:25:15 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
they spoke spanish, so they are spanish to me  >:D

#13  January 07, 2008, 04:29:06 am
#14  January 07, 2008, 04:30:41 am
well this topic just throws logic right out the window... your asking us to give you names of games we never played yet and dub it best game of 08 and 09....

as much as I love titles like God of War, GTA, Street Fighter... etc... its it safe to say any of them are good before even trying it?
Hello guys.  I have touched children.
#15  January 07, 2008, 04:37:24 am
well this topic just throws logic right out the window... your asking us to give you names of games we never played yet and dub it best game of 08 and 09....

as much as I love titles like God of War, GTA, Street Fighter... etc... its it safe to say any of them are good before even trying it?

well "scanning over what you said made me realize

"THE APPLE DOESN'T FALL FAR FROM THE TREE"  :P

i "Clearly " stated at my "1st Post" that "Predict" whats going to "Possibly" be best of 08 -09

and i do realize this is yet early january..and theres alot of things to come...."BUT" how about you do  a  little game searching.... and see whats in store for 08 -09 then "cast your judgement here. and we will "again" focus our attention to you, and review about the game that has been posted here. and ps.

it's called

"EDUCATED GUESS" / PREDICTION/ HYPOTHESIS ... or what ever u wanna call it.

you do not have to play the game first. to tell if it has good features altho that would be logical.
#16  January 07, 2008, 04:40:49 am
Well you got me there... I totally missed the prediction part maybe I was distracted by how disorientated your post looks.
#17  January 07, 2008, 04:48:01 am
well, by the "tense" posting i keep noticing how about we just stop all the spam, subject talking..ok

now when the next person post a game we will share comments ok?

i am really not looking for any enemies, or any trouble by anyone. cause its all non-sense

so lets just say none of this never happend. and start over

-Next Post Please-
 :)
#18  January 07, 2008, 04:53:25 am
  • Garbage Day!
Fable 2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Fallout 3
Spore
Left 4 Dead
Duke Nukem forever(lol)

Those are the ones I'm looking forward too this year.

GamerTag: Meatball01
#19  January 07, 2008, 04:56:16 am
Stay on topic? SURE! ANYTHING YOU SAY!

For someone who can't even spell European or use proper grammar you sure have some nerve explaining to me what it means to Predict.
As far as not making any enemies you can start by avoiding to insult someone's intelligence.
#20  January 07, 2008, 04:58:17 am
theres another duke nukem 0_0

=) about time whats it been 5-6 years possibly more. im lookin forward to this game :)