YesNoOk

bombing at dark knight rises. (Read 38558 times)

Started by Iced, July 20, 2012, 11:11:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: bombing at dark knight rises.
#741  August 07, 2012, 12:36:41 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Don't misconstrue me, I ain't saying they SHOULD sell them. But I really doubt they're going to stop selling them anyways, unfortunately.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#742  August 07, 2012, 12:44:41 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Are these gun manufacturers so powerful in the US ? I bet they are, yeah (unfortunately).

But with this kind of mentality, they could be selling any kinds of military weapons, even more dangerous than grenade launchers and semi-auto rifles, and your (not you in particular) only defense would be "but banning them would make the manufacturers unhappy !!!". What the Hell !
#743  August 07, 2012, 12:46:06 am
Getting rid of/removing privelages to things like this generally does not bode over well because a lot of higher ups/a handful of people in a high position or with the association that distributes them ask for results, they ask for statistics, numbers, ratios. Flat out banning grenade launchers without reasons like those would probably bother a lot of said people.
I don't think civilians should have grenade launchers, but there's no way to just flat out remove them due to the way the distributors would be about, say, profits and such. They WOULD want statistics, and they'd grasp for every straw to continue selling said product because it makes money.
While I agree it shouldn't really be sold like this, I don't think just flat out banning it/removing it would boil over well due to...stinginess and profits made. Granted I doubt the audience behind a grenade launcher is really, uh...big, but if it makes any smidgeon of profit, they'll want it to be there.
I ain't saying they SHOULD sell them. But I really doubt they're going to stop selling them anyways, unfortunately.
It doesn't make it right, and as such, considering how wrong it is to just sell grenade launchers to civilians, the poor feelings of the sellers should really be completely disregarded. That is, if anyone actually wanted to make it happen.
Just because it would be difficult, doesn't mean we should give up on trying to do it. These people shouldn't have the right to stop that from happening, and you shouldn't think "they'll do everything they can to stop it". If you say "let's talk about fixing that", then when someone's hurt feelings make him scream at you, if it's enough to make you say "okay, forget I brought that up" then you really shouldn't participate in this. Help those who really want to change that, and don't tell them to stop as soon as someone stands in your way.

They would want statistics ? Fuck them. They should not have a say in this.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#744  August 07, 2012, 12:49:43 am
    • Germany
why are you afraid to give your government your fingerprint? do you plan to commit some crime?

I'm not afraid, it's a matter of privacy, and the fundamental idea in any modern justice system called "presumption of innocence". Which I hold in high regard, and actually demonstrate every now and then when new laws are discussed which restrict this. I do not owe my government a justification for anything I do that's not against the law.

@Iced: Stuff.
#745  August 07, 2012, 12:50:24 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Well Byakko, while that is true, I highly doubt the government(not ME, the government) would agree with it due to...well, the influence of the firearm distributors.

#746  August 07, 2012, 12:51:38 am
Yes, while that is true, I highly doubt the government would agree with us : (.
Make it. Talk to people, see how many agree, form a group, make a website, an association, grow through the country, gain fame, go to radio shows, go on live TV. Make them. Change the country. Support your local mayor or senator who agrees.
Or join someone who is already doing all that. Make that guy grow, help him do that for you.
Bet ten years of your life to change your country.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:58:29 am by Carpe Diem
#747  August 07, 2012, 01:07:14 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Either way, disregard the entirity of that whole sword thing. I probably lost my train of thought or something there lol. Happens to all of us every now and then, just to me more often X_X. Or maybe I'm uprooting the government's next weapons project, exploding swords/swords that shoot grenades!

#748  August 07, 2012, 01:21:34 am
  • all is love in fair and war
why are you afraid to give your government your fingerprint? do you plan to commit some crime?

I'm not afraid, it's a matter of privacy, and the fundamental idea in any modern justice system called "presumption of innocence". Which I hold in high regard, and actually demonstrate every now and then when new laws are discussed which restrict this. I do not owe my government a justification for anything I do that's not against the law.

@Iced: Stuff.

how does your fingerprints being taken have anything to do with infraction of your privacy? or your presumption of innocence?

as citizen we have ourselves ID-ed by our government, and that includes fingerprints and lately retina scan
I think it is a normal procedure, as they register your ID
as it will help them in many cases, like when you become a victim of plane crash, or for the police to match
fingerprint patterns they find in the crime scene, and also to make the ID card harder to be faked.

they don't install camera in your house.
#749  August 07, 2012, 01:32:39 am
  • I do not really care about You.
    • USA
What kind of human being does that kind of stuff? Wait. Please do not answer that. Only people who have thoughts of suicide,homicide,and/or genocide do that kind of stuff. But Not Me. Not Now. Not Ever.
#750  August 07, 2012, 01:34:44 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Either way, disregard the entirity of that whole sword thing. I probably lost my train of thought or something there lol. Happens to all of us every now and then, just to me more often X_X. Or maybe I'm uprooting the government's next weapons project, exploding swords/swords that shoot grenades!

I thinkt it's both lasers and railguns, whichever works better will remain if not both.

Mog

#751  August 07, 2012, 01:34:58 am
I'm paranoid and don't trust the government.

The last couple of pages here have been so full of misinformation and contrived misunderstandings, it's getting silly.  I guess I better get used it it, it is an election year.

:bow:
#752  August 07, 2012, 01:38:23 am
    • Germany
#753  August 07, 2012, 05:57:30 pm
  • Got them waifus for sale
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/d.jaggerjack
#754  August 07, 2012, 07:22:30 pm
    • France
Maybe he was carrying them to defend himself in case a crazy shooter got in during his screening session ?
#755  August 07, 2012, 07:29:40 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I will support you if you tell me the source of your current avatar ;)
#756  August 07, 2012, 07:51:29 pm
    • France
You, him, them. The smarts, the stupids, the psychos, the Facebook users, the fat, the skinny, the ladies, the men, the little boys, the coders, the leechers, the teenagers, the grown-ups. ::)
#757  August 07, 2012, 10:29:19 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
E: You're gonna have to screenshot it. Nobody knows which random image you're seeing.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#758  August 07, 2012, 10:48:34 pm
    • France
Who's mind-fucking who ? Does E really want to agree with me ? But why would he agree, I was asking a question, so I have no point ? Is he just playing with us and doesn't care about the avatars ? Or does he care and really wants to know, but didn't know about my random stolen avatars ? Or he knew but was playing with us ? OMG, head explods. :woeh:

. . .

Huh, let's get back to topic. :ninja:
#759  August 07, 2012, 10:55:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
noeru, nevermind she already called.
#760  August 07, 2012, 11:19:33 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
You guys STILL discussing this after 10 days or so?!

I thought this conversation would die down since gun debates gets old really quickly.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!