YesNoOk

Cops shoot, kill black Mugen cosplayer (Read 18121 times)

Started by Iced, November 28, 2014, 12:15:19 am
Share this topic:
Re: Cops shoot, kill black Mugen cosplayer
#21  November 28, 2014, 01:36:59 am
ok, seeing what is legal, makes me wonder how people feel save around people that think they need a machine gun, or whatever these guns are, for shopping...
They must be afraid that the cops will shoot them.
They forgot they were white, though !

To me this is clearly no legitimiate reason to shoot somebody down, yet I dont see the whole guilt on the police - there have been lots of incidents with people going crazy with guns so people expect the worst.
This is only valid if the guy is attacking them. As soon as he's not threatening anyone, the cops are guilty - they're murderers. There's no expectation of anything when the guy is running for his life. In fact, the guy had every right to expect the worst from the cops, completely validating his running away in the first place. This "expect the worst" thing goes both way. Why shouldn't he run away from two big guys pointing their guns at him ? The uniform doesn't excuse anything.

On top of the cops shooting at the guy running away, there's also the fact that this happened with a street full of cars passing by in the back. In the next to last surveillance tape, when you see the guyrunning away and the cop chasing him, there's lots of cars driving in the back, and you see the cop shoot in their direction. He really doesn't care if he's going to hit a driver and cause a car crash ? This is, like super basic shit.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 01:46:19 am by DKDC
#22  November 28, 2014, 01:55:07 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Wow that's pretty shitty. This is straight up murder, no excuses.

...Am I the only one who expected this thread to be the newly renamed shit thread or some sort of joke?
Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:08:57 am by The Simplistic Fubini
#23  November 28, 2014, 02:05:49 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA

...Am I the only one who expected this thread to be the newly renamed shit thread or some sort joke?

I was expecting it to be a joke since Iced usually has some sort of twist to his thread titles, it was kind of a blow to the gut to see that it wasn't. 
#24  November 28, 2014, 02:30:55 am
  • For honor!
I wanna hope this is an ironic post but I don't know you well enough to make that assumption
Excuse my vagueness.

The cops have taken the wrong action, no doubt about it. That was definitely excessive force. However, I still feel the guy's death could've been prevented if he just drop his toy like they asked and not apparently swing the thing at them and run.

a bystander reported Hunt "had his earbuds in, and was kind of doing spins and stuff, like pretending he's a samurai."
The County Attorney's Office confirmed that when the officers showed up to respond to a 911 call about a man with a sword, Hunt asked them for a ride.

Hunt was shot six times from behind. He was hit once in a shoulder, once in the back, once in an elbow, twice in a leg and once in a hand, according to the attorney.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/16/darrien-hunt-shot-in-the-back-by-utah-police-says-family-attorney
http://gawker.com/autopsy-cops-shot-black-anime-cosplayer-four-times-in-1652268367

how do you shoot someone six times in the back while they are attacking you after asking you for a ride?
...Wait a minute what?! You know, scratch what I said about non-compliance because now I really do get the feeling the cops raised their guns as the first course of action, thus prompting the running.
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:34:07 am by Alpaca-San
#25  November 28, 2014, 03:13:00 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Is death penalty still in action in this country? Cuz I think two guys need to be fried alive.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#26  November 28, 2014, 03:24:41 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yea that was fucked no any other way about it, I don't see why they didn't have a tasers for this, just to slow him down in general, or at least talk to the guy. This is horrible. It's obvious they need to reestablish some new way of training cops and\ or giving them bigger psyche and personality tests before they let these people out on the streets to protect us, this is getting ridiculous.

Also sad that in this day and age that color plays such a huge part in how people view things in my country, especially when so many people try to claim the US as the best place to live.

#27  November 28, 2014, 03:31:04 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I don't see why they didn't have a tasers for this

You don't?  I thought it was pretty clear to me that they wanted to shoot a young black man because that's what these kind of sub human "cops" like to do.
#28  November 28, 2014, 03:35:20 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com

This is just stupid. I miss when cops were heroes and not military troops acting like every misdemeanor deserves being shot...
#29  November 28, 2014, 05:26:04 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
They could have used tasers or called for back up and rubber bullet his ass down in that situation. This is the same crap that happened with a bigger black guy with a sword years back and they hosed em down and everything and didnt have to kill him (AND he was black)

so i find it total bullshit when its like cops dont have any other ways of taking a person down. plus they can always shoot em in the legs to take them down. UNLESS the mad man is pumped up with drugs and cant feel shit TRUST they going down from being shot in the damn legs or tased.

If hes actually shooting at cops with a firearm then yes by all means blow his head off!
#30  November 28, 2014, 05:31:27 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
this is legal:
[strawman]

uh-huh, in which states? and are those photos from the same state this took place in?

This whole thing is HORRIBLE and screw the cops for being dumb racist cunts, but it really pisses me off when you make really fucking stupid statements/comparisons like that.
Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 05:45:56 am by Jesuszilla
#31  November 28, 2014, 05:42:43 am
  • all is love in fair and war
cosplaying Samurai Champloo, is Not dress up as samurai...

Guys, running from the cops does not allow them to kill you. Lethal force is supposed to only be used if you are presenting a threat to someone, not if you arent obeying them.

well don't generalized that rule when you visit other countries... in many countries, you'll be shot by the police when you run away, by the point they can't catch up to your speed, they'll reach their gun for sure.
since they are not well trained in shooting either, probably the bullet would hit your back instead of your leg, taking more shots than necessary because they are not confident with their aim, so you end up dead .

feel free to disagree, but when your life in the line, it is worthy to prove a point?

#32  November 28, 2014, 05:48:51 am
  • "In case you're wondering, you've lost."
    • USA

@HQ:

this is legal:

Let me guess...this was from my good-ol' home state of TX...*sigh* Even if it wasn't I really REALLY hate these gun-happy idiots who seem to think they NEED their guns to be justifiably safe. Oh, and I guess if they point said-guns at police then they are now the threat they NEED guns to protect themselves against. UGH! I just...I HATE guns! ARG! I hate that we are having to have discussions more and MORE about them and the problems they cause...this shit is SERIOUSLY getting outta control. And with all the talks of the public loosing faith in the police, I think I'm leaning more and more that way. >:(
#33  November 28, 2014, 06:05:45 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
there is nothing wrong with guns, like the saying goes, guns don't kill people, people kill people. Although I don't see a reason to go to a coffee shop with your gun, that's just silly. Again it's not the gun's fault, just the dumb ass with it.
#34  November 28, 2014, 06:15:25 am
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
point and case. it is pointless to kill a man who runs away, let alone shoot him on his back. if we don't change, or at least modify the curriculum of certain things, it can lead to many consequences, or in this case... many fatal consequences.
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
#35  November 28, 2014, 09:28:23 am
well don't generalized that rule when you visit other countries... in many countries, you'll be shot by the police when you run away, by the point they can't catch up to your speed, they'll reach their gun for sure.
Sorry, we're talking about a civilized country here. In a civilized country, cops aren't supposed to use lethal force unless someone's life is directly threatened.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#36  November 28, 2014, 09:55:20 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
this is legal:
[strawman]

uh-huh, in which states? and are those photos from the same state this took place in?

This whole thing is HORRIBLE and screw the cops for being dumb racist cunts, but it really pisses me off when you make really fucking stupid statements/comparisons like that.

yes those are photos from utah, the same state it took place in.
Maybe you should stop being "pissed off" and just google it.

https://www.google.pt/search?q=utah+open+carry&client=firefox-a&hs=bkd&rls=org.mozilla:pt-PT:official&channel=sb&biw=1400&bih=763&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=pTZ4VKTQHY6P7AaslYCYDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg
Its the same state where Anita sarkesian refused to give a lecture until open carry was denied in a university.

Utah has open carry and a bunch of people open carry to prove a point. Its also the state where the second cause of death by shooting is "Cop".http://www.sltrib.com/news/1842489-155/killings-by-utah-police-outpacing-gang

So, my comparisons are extremely accurate. .

Also utah.

since they are not well trained in shooting either, probably the bullet would hit your back instead of your leg, taking more shots than necessary because they are not confident with their aim, so you end up dead .

feel free to disagree, but when your life in the line, it is worthy to prove a point?

Indonesia is kind of an extreme case, dude.

You cant really compare the civilian freedom there it to other countries.
 :\
Their political reality grants the cops and government permission to do almost anything:
ie:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Act_of_Killing

This all happened in Utah, America, where like other first world countries the police arent allowed to kill just because they want to stop you.
#37  November 28, 2014, 12:19:33 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
First the Ferguson and now this.....
This is so Fucking Wrong MAN....but you have to drop the weapon even if it not real.....And Yeah misuse of power and authority and ....I dont kn0w what to say
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#38  November 28, 2014, 01:03:53 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com

Guys, running from the cops does not allow them to kill you. Lethal force is supposed to only be used if you are presenting a threat to someone, not if you arent obeying them.

Kakkoii has a point there. For example, here in Brazil, if a cop is chasing you, or just say to you to hold it or even get closer to you and you run away...is like signing a guilty sentence. They will chase you and use brute force or even shot you, but in non-letal areas like legs if its needed. For sure, cops are not the same and some will have more patience and some not. And some can even shot you to dead (which is not legal).

Here, civils can have guns, but unless you work with security, you can't carry a gun in public areas - specially if its loaded. If you need to transport a gun, you will need to unload it first. And we aren't allowed to carry what we call "white weapons" (knives or any bladed object) on the street too, even this point coming from a hole on our law - the law speaks about "Weapons" as "guns", and not all weapons. There is a non-official rule which says that any blade greater than 4cm is not allowed on public areas.

Rural workers who use things like sickles, axes, machetes need to carry such objects covered, protecting the blade. And if you walk in the street with a knife with the blade without protection (outside the sheath, for example) and some police find you, he will seize the gun and probably take you to the police station. And if you run, they will shoot. Because if you did nothing wrong, why would you run?

I think that the interpretation of this changes from country to country, but here you certainly would be shot. But of course, the fact that they fired 6 shots raises many suspicions. It is at least exaggerated use of police force.

A recent study of violence done here, the brazilian policed had killed more people in 5 years than the police of the United States (forgot the name) in 30 years.
http://ultimosegundo.ig.com.br/brasil/2014-11-10/no-brasil-seis-pessoas-sao-mortas-diariamente-por-policiais-mostra-anuario.html
#39  November 28, 2014, 03:42:19 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

...Am I the only one who expected this thread to be the newly renamed shit thread or some sort of joke?
I was expected this thread was merged with Ferguson-Missouri thread instead, since this is another "white cop kills a black guy" case just because racism

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#40  November 28, 2014, 03:58:32 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

I was expected this thread was merged with Ferguson-Missouri thread instead, since this is another "white cop kills a black guy" case just because racism

I don't see the point of that. Although both topics focus on a black guy being shot by white police, I think this one merits its own thread, IMO.
Based on what I've read up till now from the replies, although the dude wasn't doing anything life threating or wrong, I still think he should have dropped his toy katana. But overall, it really is straight-up murder for racial reasons IMO.

Kind of reminds me of how a drug dealer in a anthropology book on drug dealing (In Search of Respect by Phillipe Bourgeois, IIRC) described cops who patrol the El Barrio neigbourhood in New York: Animals with badges, and a uniform, not humans.

Really, really depressing.
This is a generic forum signature.