YesNoOk

Elections reaction thread (Read 36175 times)

Started by Bob8644, November 09, 2016, 02:52:04 am
Share this topic:
Re: Elections reaction thread
#501  November 22, 2016, 04:54:08 pm
Not so much, they all knew he had the support of the KKK.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#502  November 22, 2016, 05:03:35 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
It's a small non-relevant part of his follower base. When you see "alt-right" from the Atlantic what they are stuffing under that brand is everything from the average Trump supporter/voter to neo-nazis. Richard Spencer has been a retarded neo-nazi long before Trump came along, and doesn't change anything we knew about him. His support of Trump is ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but the comments on that video are pretty golden and what I'd expect from folks still following The Atlantic after they openly-admitted to their biased election coverage.
"Trump is an authoritarian, neo-nazi, fascist because that guy supports him! #Sanders2020"

They keep trying to tie neo-nazis and the KKK to Trump and paint these people as the Trump voter base, even though that's the kind of slanderous shit that got his voters amped up enough to go out and vote for him in the first place. Trump voters and Conservatives in the US shouldn't need to defend themselves from being branded as racists or nazis by saying they voted Trump to co-workers or classmates, but that's the kind of reporting and slant hat probably caused Trump's "silent majority" that polls only put at 25% against Hillary.

Or we could believe the bent-reality of Prof. Toni Morrison and the HuffPo who now blames white privilege for electing Donald Trump! Apparently a victory for Hillary would have given white americans and black americans an equal footing, like when those white men voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012. Totally insane! I'd link the article but it doesn't really deserve it and it's really just the usual from Huffington Post, just Google her name if your curious.

Not so much, they all knew he had the support of the KKK.
They are straight ticket republican voters. Has nothing to do with Trump honestly. Bush and Trump were pretty much opposing forces and both had their support. I would have been interested in what the KKK would have done had Ben Carson or Herman Caine had a chance as the republican candidate, just for the pure irony of it.

Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:08:51 pm by chrono.st
#503  November 22, 2016, 05:10:20 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

Cnn, giving air time to the REAL questions
#504  November 22, 2016, 05:15:06 pm
They are straight ticket republican voters. Has nothing to do with Trump honestly. Bush and Trump were pretty much opposing forces and both had their support. I would have been interested in what the KKK would have done had Ben Carson or Herman Caine had a chance as the republican candidate, just for the pure irony of it.
I'm not saying everyone who supported Trump is KKK or that Trump himself is deeply tied to them. The point is that those who called Trump Hitler knew that he had the support of the KKK, so it's unlikely they're surprised that people are now going Heil Trump. If anything, it's a lot more of a "I told you so", regardless of what percentage of Trump's voter base they make.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#505  November 22, 2016, 05:18:26 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

but would the kkk vote for a black republican ?
#506  November 22, 2016, 05:23:57 pm
That's the *checks who the hell Herman Caine is* joke.
#507  November 23, 2016, 08:06:34 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
I'm not saying everyone who supported Trump is KKK or that Trump himself is deeply tied to them. The point is that those who called Trump Hitler knew that he had the support of the KKK, so it's unlikely they're surprised that people are now going Heil Trump. If anything, it's a lot more of a "I told you so", regardless of what percentage of Trump's voter base they make.

but will he disavow?
#508  November 23, 2016, 06:43:50 pm
#509  November 23, 2016, 06:49:02 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Wow... They deserve Trump -_-
#510  November 23, 2016, 06:49:52 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
#511  November 23, 2016, 06:59:21 pm
#512  November 23, 2016, 09:23:24 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
Re: Random Topic V10
#513  November 26, 2016, 01:25:42 am

:stare:
Re: Re: Random Topic V10
#514  November 26, 2016, 06:16:42 am
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA

:stare:
His backpedaling is golden too.
Deleted my first quoted RT of this 'cuz my horrified irony landed wrong.
Eh. It was a badly-worded joke. I'll just show 'em some of my early EVENING AT THE IMPROV tapes. Eeuuuch.
I WASN'T kidding. I was trying to express my sincere horror at the situation and went too ironic. But keep working it, covergirl!
"It was meant to be ironic!"
"It was just a badly worded joke! My old stuff was just as bad lol!"
"It actually wasn't a joke haha. I was just too ironic and you all didn't get my wit!"
He's basically just Amy Schumer at this point but shorter.
#515  November 26, 2016, 12:41:26 pm
That's not backpedaling. It wasn't a joke, it was irony, and it was badly worded. There's no backpedaling there, this isn't contradictory.
#516  November 26, 2016, 04:56:21 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
That's not backpedaling. It wasn't a joke, it was irony, and it was badly worded. There's no backpedaling there, this isn't contradictory.
Of course it wasn't a joke, except for when he said it was a joke. Which was before he said it wasn't a joke again, which is all quoted in my post by the way. Not contradictory at all, you got me!
Oswalt is a moron, he's stumbling all over himself as he tends to do when he backpedals, and he is by the way otherwise he wouldn't have deleted his irony, he would have salvaged it. He realizes he said something stupid as shit. He needs to stay off Twitter with his political "irony" or "jokes" or "satire", whatever he calls them at given hours of the day, 140 characters is not enough for his sarcastic genius.
#517  November 26, 2016, 05:01:56 pm
Way to get worked up insulting someone over a missed joke.
#518  November 27, 2016, 05:21:47 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
Way to get worked up insulting someone over a missed joke.
? Pretty good stretch in logic there, but I've been making fun of Oswalt for about a year now for the fun of it, has nothing to do with his enriching irony above or.. his joke as you're now calling it. Maybe that's your version of 'badly worded irony' too? :(
And don't worry, he can handle a few insults from some nobody on a mugen website I'd hope, he is a supposed comedian after all.
Elections reaction thread volume 2: Electoral Boogaloo
#519  December 19, 2016, 04:31:17 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
So, the Electoral College's election is going to be held today.

There have been a number of movements and pleas toward the Electoral College to sway toward Hillary, but I imagine the Electoral College will still vote Donald Trump, regardless of faithless electors.

Of course, if there's one thing this year has shown, it's that we're apparently really bad at predicting the future.
Re: Elections reaction thread volume 2: Electoral Boogaloo
#520  December 20, 2016, 12:58:34 am
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios