YesNoOk

So what do you think of Ebola? (Read 27506 times)

Started by extravagant, October 09, 2014, 10:32:58 am
Share this topic:
So what do you think of Ebola?
#1  October 09, 2014, 10:32:58 am
    • USA
    • takayanagi97@Gmail.com

I'm sure everyone knows about it.

I'm pretty scared of this myself. At this point I dont even know what is the truth, if the mainstream news is lying or telling the truth, or if we're really in for an outbreak or an apocalypse.

what do you think?
Re: So what do you think of Ebola?
#2  October 09, 2014, 11:16:55 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Ebola is like so overrated, such a rip off of hpv and swine flu. 3/10 wouldnt watch again.
#3  October 09, 2014, 11:20:38 am
    • USA
    • takayanagi97@Gmail.com

I'm hearing some crazy shit in the internet and it's starting to scare the shit out of me. Should I just go back to playing video games?
#4  October 09, 2014, 11:21:00 am
yes
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#5  October 09, 2014, 11:22:25 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Fear mongering is profitable. Ask internet feminists and republicans.

#6  October 09, 2014, 11:27:18 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Yeah go do that.

After my tangle with Swine Flu (summary: got caught in the middle of the USA and China pointing fingers at each other), I'm not exactly thrilled to see how my country is going to handle ebola.
#7  October 09, 2014, 11:30:12 am
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I'm hearing some crazy shit in the internet and it's starting to scare the shit out of me. Should I just go back to playing video games?

By making it sound worse than it is, they'll get help and support (funding) to root the virus faster.
#8  October 09, 2014, 11:45:24 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
#9  October 09, 2014, 11:58:34 am
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Americans are just over reacting and the media is making it worse.
#10  October 09, 2014, 01:26:51 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
In Spain, the first European country to have an Ebola spread due to useless and idiot politicians and lack of resources (caregivers using the wrong protection suits), a dog owned by the first Ebola patient was euthanized "just in case" instead of putting the poor dog in quarantine or at least check if the dog was infected or not.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/08/health/save-excalibur-ebola-dog/index.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ebola-dog-dead-spanish-social-media-users-grieve-as-nurses-pet-reportedly-is-put-down-9782748.html
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/09/excalibur-spanish-ebola-patient-dog-euthanised

XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#11  October 09, 2014, 01:30:17 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I would prefer to catch hiv than ebola.  That stuff Is no joke.
I first learned about it in 5th grade science class.
Teacher made use watch a video on it,  gave me nightmares
As a kid.  That stuff makes you vomit blood,  shit bloody diarrhea,
Your skin busts open and bleed out,  your organs liquidfy. Severe
Pain and headachs and you die in about a month.

But I think it would be under controll as long as it does not mutate
And goes airborne.
#12  October 09, 2014, 01:40:31 pm
  • There's no such thing as the real world.
    • USA

Everything you need to know about ebola:

#13  October 09, 2014, 01:49:34 pm
  • Thinking about resuciting Konata's Okaasan
    • Spain
In Spain the situation is a sort of chaotic, thanks to those bad politicans and his bad moves specially the ministry of sanity. Also the lack of resources in this country and adding one of the patients was not in quarantine some time due to medical negligence cause some low fever or something like that has elevated the fear of my country up to eleven ):C. I wish the ''minister of sanity'' quit due to her negligence or some force punish her.

While the Lord Enemil slept his powerful creativity was stolen away. Now his dreams must restore the notes so the music again can play
#14  October 09, 2014, 05:05:06 pm
ebola is very bad news for me because i like to touch poop and pee
#15  October 09, 2014, 05:45:59 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
being in a country - city that got several cases of swine flu, which is far more contagious than ebola I will tell you to just stop worrying.

ebola is very bad news for me because i like to touch poop and pee

anal sex and water games ?
#16  October 09, 2014, 05:47:11 pm
  • Sluggo is lit
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Ebola is something that can only spread very far in very poor countries with a severe lack of strong healthcare infrastructure; infection is only spread through direct contact of bodily fluids of infected people, people who are at that moment symptomatic (this is why no one was particularly concerned about the anyone the guy who had the first case of Ebola in America was sitting next to on the plane). It's not something that you yourself really need to be worried about catching.

But that doesn't mean it should just be ignored, it is a very real health crisis for the poorer nations in Africa, and they need and deserve support managing this crisis. Too many people have died already.

I'm pretty scared of this myself. At this point I dont even know what is the truth, if the mainstream news is lying or telling the truth, or if we're really in for an outbreak or an apocalypse.
is this a schtick or something

Fear mongering is profitable. Ask internet feminists
-_-
#17  October 09, 2014, 06:07:28 pm
  • I'm just a sweet transvestite
Spain has one of the 10 best health systems in the world. And we have(by the moment) one inffected AND 4 POSSIBLE inffected.

I know the politics of the goverments is getting back their inffected citizens for saving them and all, but, wouldn't be easier taking a medicalised plane AND sending it to the country of inffection? We had two priests who volunteered in Africa and got inffected; seems these guys lost their faith in God, wanting to come back and being treat as "first world people" while helping in another country. Take exemple of Mother Teresa who helped the poors being poor and such. You're going to die anyways, so why bringing the disease to a country which doesn't have it?

And OF COURSE, what outraged me was the killing of the nurse's dog WITHOUT making a blood analysis. If our minister were intelligent(hmm...quite difficult), she would know that dogs, as other mammals could act as vectors fr diseases to other mammals. I guess everyone here has seen his/her dogs or those from their neighbours smelling other dog's asses and licking each other so...why not killing ALL the dogs? Geez! even those dogs can lick your kids hands' when they're going to stroke the animal. Definitively, just kill dogs. And cats. And parrots. Specially parrots.
#18  October 09, 2014, 07:04:07 pm
  • Angry Molesting Tree
  • Auf gehts ab gehts 3 Tage wach
    • Germany
    • cenobite53.mugengermany.com/
Don't be afraid of Ebola. Just wait for the Media to talk about a new disease and all other diseases mentioned before are neutralised and harmless.
look at my sprite rips  HERE
look at my TMNT Project HERE
My Contribution to mugen: Stages: 897 | Chars: 8 | Fullgames: 1 | Spritesheets: 85
#19  October 10, 2014, 04:34:15 am
  • Another ClayFighter turned MUGEN Creator
  • Call me daddy!!
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
My opinion in just one image
#20  October 10, 2014, 04:43:32 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
third world countries have more incidents of a disease than a first world country?! Gasp, its almost as if by living in a first world country people expect a different standart of life.

Next up.
Thousands of girls raped in Uganda and gays beaten to death! But one black kid is shot by police in america and everyone loses their mind!
#21  October 10, 2014, 04:56:41 am
  • Call me daddy!!
    • Chile
Basically that. There's an alarmism thanks to the mass media, and not just in US, even here in South America is starting to get in panic too because 3-4 cases in some countries, all of them from people who went to help Africa. OK, this theme is delicate but got panic about a disease just because 1 or 2 cases is too much. This should be treated in a better way, this is not the beginning of a pandemia or something as the media wants to "report"
#22  October 10, 2014, 04:56:50 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Thousands of girls raped in Uganda and gays beaten to death! But one black kid is shot by police in america and everyone loses their mind!
People can't just expect to be able to go in and solve everything if they can't even stop that kind of shit from happening in their own countries.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#23  October 10, 2014, 05:15:08 am
  • Call me daddy!!
    • Chile
That's right. Also, something relevant to the thread, a case of an illegal african who came to Argentina, and then Bolivia, and who was "infected" of ebola... or at least that was he thought. The news is originally in spanish, but I thing Google Translator can help you with this (or at least I hope so):
Alarm in Bolivia to a virtual case of Ebola
#24  October 10, 2014, 07:39:01 am
#25  October 10, 2014, 09:57:02 am
#26  October 10, 2014, 12:59:32 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Basically that. There's an alarmism thanks to the mass media, and not just in US, even here in South America is starting to get in panic too because 3-4 cases in some countries, all of them from people who went to help Africa. OK, this theme is delicate but got panic about a disease just because 1 or 2 cases is too much. This should be treated in a better way, this is not the beginning of a pandemia or something as the media wants to "report"
egads i wasnt agreeing , i was just pointing out that comparing the situation doesnt work.

Whenever countries are fundamentally different, one expects certain things to happen in one country but not in another, being shocked that people are scared of a contagious disease that usually only appears in the poorest health conditions appeared in a first world country is almost like being shocked that somehow, even tho hyppos kill hundreds of people per year, one that was crushing people in the new york streets would be cause for alarm.
I mean cmon, context.
#27  October 10, 2014, 01:08:03 pm
*qweef* I thought my post was funny  :'(
#28  October 10, 2014, 04:58:06 pm
    • Peru
"HAHA". There, you have it.
#29  October 11, 2014, 02:03:29 am
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA

it was not just alarmism, but exaggeration. they did the same thing for AIDS for crying out loud. What the hell are these fuck-cunts really gonna do about the outbreak. do you know how fucking exaggerated this virus is in the US?

yesterday in high school, I start coughing like crazy as hell ,but that's only because I'm asthmatic. but the assholes in my class shout out "Ebola!" cuz it's probably one of it's symptoms.

that's how exaggerated this virus is.
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
#30  October 11, 2014, 02:11:00 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#31  October 11, 2014, 02:13:59 am
    • USA
you're 13 and your classmates thought they were being funny

Also it's a virus. That's... really my only thought, flashbacks to playing Pandemic in high school aside.

Everything you need to know about ebola:

http://www.artistsguide.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ebola-quiz-you-dont-have-ebola.jpg

... or, you know, if you've been coughed or sneezed on, since it passes through fluids.

I would still prefer it to be exaggeration even though they thought they we're being funny

let me know if I'm wrong

Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:19:11 am by Toonar12X
#32  October 11, 2014, 02:22:04 am
  • Sluggo is lit
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
it was not just alarmism, but exaggeration. they did the same thing for AIDS for crying out loud.
... what exactly is it you're implying? AIDS is still a bigger deal and a more dangerous threat (in terms of likely communicability) than Ebola in first world countries, albeit one that has basically been forgotten (which is pretty fucking bad!)
#33  October 12, 2014, 08:44:38 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#34  October 12, 2014, 12:46:45 pm
How can he hold the hamburger like that?
#35  October 13, 2014, 05:04:05 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
he's american

GOH

#36  October 13, 2014, 12:40:28 pm
    • Portugal
He also has psychic powers cuz he's levitating the fries and the cola.
#37  October 13, 2014, 01:41:17 pm
I like how he has both a large drink and a can of beer, like a real American.

Astounding how some people think that this kind of eating is "normal."
#38  October 13, 2014, 04:00:37 pm
How can he smoke and eat all those things at the same time.. what the deuce??????
#39  October 13, 2014, 04:14:27 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
yeah ikr, not like it's an exaggerated cartoon to bring up a point or anything!!
#40  October 13, 2014, 04:20:49 pm
Furthremore: 1- missing gaps in teeth, most americans are not like that 2- one eye is smaller than the other, again most americans are not like that
#41  October 13, 2014, 05:17:56 pm
  • üks muretu olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#42  October 13, 2014, 05:43:16 pm
    • USA
    • paradox844@gmail.com
It's a distraction...read behind lines..
#43  October 13, 2014, 05:45:53 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Life sucks, but at least I have JoJo
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Barrack Obama is using Ebola as a distraction so he can defeat god and become the true Demi-Fiend
#44  October 13, 2014, 06:40:38 pm
    • Peru
First it was Brazil/Argentina, now seems like the first case is confirmed in Perú; the guy is in quarantine.
Hopefully this is a false positive...
#45  October 13, 2014, 06:59:15 pm
  • Call me daddy!!
    • Chile
I think it was a false positive. Here in Chile a "case" was noticed this weekend from a guy from Equatorial Guinea who claimed he had Ebola, but later was confirmed that was false positive too
#46  October 13, 2014, 07:17:06 pm
    • Peru
The guy is from the same country, it seems. We'll have to wait a few hours to confirm if he's sick or not, but everything points to a false positive; he's been two months traveling, so if he got the virus on his country he should be already dead.
#47  October 13, 2014, 07:46:54 pm
  • Call me daddy!!
    • Chile
I agree, as I know the virus makes effect in 15-20 days and then you're dead, if it lasts more time than that, then there's no risk
#48  October 13, 2014, 08:07:09 pm
    • USA
hmm... I was reading some articles about this and found out that bleach can kill ebola. might this be a cure?

#49  October 13, 2014, 08:20:13 pm
Yes, great job, the cureto Ebola is to FUCKING DRINK BLEACH. It's sure to kill Ebola. It'll kill you too, but it damn well will kill Ebola.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#50  October 13, 2014, 08:30:41 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
jesus fucking christ, dont you have parents?
#51  October 13, 2014, 08:46:00 pm
    • USA
hmm... I was reading some articles about this and found out that bleach can kill ebola. might this be a cure?

wtf did I actually just type that?

Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:52:28 pm by Toonar12X
#52  October 13, 2014, 08:50:26 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA

Type what?

Edit: Ah, I see. Yeah, I agree with Iced. You should really ask your folks or something before you ask us
Full clip, I'm a little bit sick, come equipped
Look at what I did for the grit, got it lit, what a cinch
Brought 'em just a little pinch of the truth, and they flip
Now they hanging from my shit, lil' bit
It's the Mensch, the myth
I do push-ups nude on the edge of cliffs
The jewels come quick, all gold and bricked
Click, click, boxer cutter spit
Brother, what a trip
Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:55:45 pm by Speedpreacher
#53  October 13, 2014, 08:53:06 pm
  • I laugh at my own jokes 99% of the time
  • a.k.a Ho-Oh's Apprentice, Hatter
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Only way to go is up.

((Twitter) || (Tumblr) || (Instagram)
#54  October 13, 2014, 08:54:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

wtf did I actually just type that?

nah, someone must have gotten on your computer when you were away, you never type dumb shit like that.
#55  October 13, 2014, 08:57:47 pm
  • There's no such thing as the real world.
    • USA

#56  October 13, 2014, 09:05:21 pm
just bring the stupid fucking deleted post back
#57  October 13, 2014, 09:08:08 pm
  • Sprite Whore
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/lee.tuttle.7
I work at a damn pharmacy and I'm not worried about ebola. I'm more worried about getting the flu from people.
#58  October 13, 2014, 09:19:39 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
People are just overracting about this, its like the second coming of the h1n1 swine flu.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#59  October 13, 2014, 11:01:37 pm
  • üks muretu olend
    • Finland
I need to copy this post somewhere so I can look at it when Ebola has killed 90% of mankind and laugh.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#60  October 13, 2014, 11:11:10 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
I work at a damn pharmacy and I'm not worried about ebola. I'm more worried about getting the flu from people.
I work at a damn hospital and im worried about Ebola
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#61  October 13, 2014, 11:32:53 pm
    • Peru
Anyone working on an airport here? Yes? Please, son. You are next on the quote pyramid.
#62  October 14, 2014, 04:40:43 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#63  October 14, 2014, 05:28:54 am
  • Call me daddy!!
    • Chile
It calls "hygiene", kid. Unless you live in the shit and you eat shit, literally, you've nothing to worry about ebola

People are just overracting about this, its like the second coming of the h1n1 swine flu.
Agreed, I remembered years ago when all people were in panic because of that flu, and in the end it was nothing
#64  October 14, 2014, 05:58:01 am
  • Sprite Whore
    • USA
#65  October 14, 2014, 06:10:17 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
wash your hands, wash your hands^^
#66  October 14, 2014, 09:26:50 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
Honestly, you're a fool if you're worried about it. Worry when you see someone with the symptoms.
I see lots of people with similar symptoms everyday, we've also gone through several drills and mandatory inservices recently to be prepared about this
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#67  October 14, 2014, 10:19:48 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
The difference between rational fear and irrational paranoia.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#68  October 14, 2014, 12:17:19 pm
I see lots of people with similar symptoms everyday
Oh, you see lots of people vomiting, having diarrhoea, haemorrhaging and everything all the time ? Or are you just seeing lots of people with headaches, some muscle pain, and sore throats for an entire week ?
#69  October 14, 2014, 06:25:13 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
most likely the former, he works in a hospital.
#70  October 14, 2014, 06:54:32 pm
Shouldn't he be used to it if it was already just as frequent before Ebola was a thing ? If it's about the fear that just one being Ebola is enough, then... that's really the "irrational paranoia" effect.
#71  October 14, 2014, 07:08:28 pm
    • Peru
That's no irrational paranoia, thats taking measures. A lot of people say stuff like "It was the same in 2008 with the AH1N1 and nothing happened". Well, maybe it didn't escalate because people was alert, and maybe this won't scalate because people is taking measures.
#72  October 14, 2014, 07:26:15 pm
  • Sprite Whore
    • USA
You can be aware but not freak out like everyone is.  I know the symptoms, I'm aware of them, but I don't feel like I have to build a fucking survival shelter "just in case" I encounter it.
#73  October 14, 2014, 08:55:15 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
Oh, you see lots of people vomiting, having diarrhoea, haemorrhaging and everything all the time ? Or are you just seeing lots of people with headaches, some muscle pain, and sore throats for an entire week ?
if you work at a hospital on an emergency care section you will see all of the above everyday every week, ive never said all those people could have he disease,  I said they had similar symptoms
#74  October 14, 2014, 08:59:42 pm
So you're not worried ?
Or are you worried about Ebola despite not thinking that those people you see with the symptoms could have Ebola ?
Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:03:48 pm by DKDC
#75  October 14, 2014, 09:05:40 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
Yes even if im use to see this everyday i am still worried about "Ebola" , not paranoid just worried  thats all
#76  October 14, 2014, 10:06:04 pm
    • USA

I am severely sorry for this comment I've made.
it has seems I've forgotten to use my common sense.

#77  October 14, 2014, 10:24:11 pm
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
we must Kill ebola chan.
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#78  October 14, 2014, 10:42:15 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:52:48 pm by Ryūku Tsukuyomi
#79  October 14, 2014, 11:07:22 pm
    • Portugal
Ebola-chan is gonna get u!*points*And you!*points*And you!*points*Ebola-chan is gonna hug us all!Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
I like cats...
#80  October 14, 2014, 11:12:10 pm
    • USA

#81  October 14, 2014, 11:29:28 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
thats hilarious bro, or rather its not.

Stop posting like that, if you suggest to people that they drink bleach again or something of the kind im kicking you out.
#82  October 15, 2014, 12:11:50 am
    • USA
if you work at a hospital on an emergency care section you will see all of the above everyday every week, ive never said all those people could have he disease,  I said they had similar symptoms

mannn..shit ::)...My radar would be up too if i saw that and i worked in a hospital so i dont blame ya Kain. I wouldnt be bat chan crazy but id be EXTRA cautious on how i handle people and material. Better safe than sorry^^ Especially these days now man
#83  October 16, 2014, 10:41:41 pm
I've heard the news some minutes ago, it seems there's a suspicious case of Ebola in Paris; it's not confirmed yet though.
#84  October 17, 2014, 01:00:59 am
    • USA
I've heard the news some minutes ago, it seems there's a suspicious case of Ebola in Paris; it's not confirmed yet though.

damn....

Germany. Paris. The U.S. And i think a latin country too right? where they shot that dog?...
#85  October 17, 2014, 01:03:57 am
    • Peru
That was Spain.
#86  October 17, 2014, 01:11:58 am
    • USA
Ok thanks. Couldnt remember which country it was
#87  October 17, 2014, 01:19:05 am
    • Algeria
    • Sie81Kensou@gmx.com
I don't really get it. It's not supposed to be an airborne disease, yet people with Ebola cough. All reports say that the common cold and the flu spread primarily through mucus in the air, but Ebola, which can be contracted through mucus after a cough, etc. isn't considered airborne?

#88  October 17, 2014, 07:52:37 am
  • Sprite Whore
    • USA
No, because it travels within another membrane. Mucus for example.  If it were airborne it would travel through the air(or something more specific, I dunno).
#89  October 17, 2014, 08:11:33 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
I only have this synopsis because I watched Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura. Well, here's what I think.....

1.Ebola comes to America.
2.The "virus" spreads.
3.The government decides to "quarantine" the general public for their safety.
4.Cities go under martial law
Last Step: People are forced out of their homes into FEMA camps and the "extermination" begins.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#90  October 17, 2014, 12:53:16 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
ebola is too lethal for its own good, its incubation period is short, symptoms appear way too soon and severe to be neglected or misjudged as common illness. 
#91  October 17, 2014, 02:48:23 pm
    • Algeria
    • Sie81Kensou@gmx.com
No, because it travels within another membrane. Mucus for example.  If it were airborne it would travel through the air(or something more specific, I dunno).
I hate to say it, but that sounds like a misleading technicality. If I'm able to get it by breathing it in, whether or not it travels within the membrane of something else, that to me should definitely still be considered airborne.
#92  October 17, 2014, 03:05:57 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
that doesnt make sense.
Airborne means literally that it travels by air. You can only catch ebola by "breathing it" if someone spits in your mouth or you lick blood or sweat.
The virus requires water to survive, it cant survive without it.
#93  October 17, 2014, 03:11:24 pm
If I'm able to get it by breathing it in
It's not something you catch by breathing in, you catch it because someone else's bodily fluids (spit) gets inside you. It's not airborne, it's the fluids.
#94  October 17, 2014, 05:51:08 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
But watetr is H2O and air has a lto of O so I am sure you can get infected !!!!!!11111111111one
#95  October 17, 2014, 06:23:35 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
A very interesting documentary about how the people of Liberia are dealing with the disease:

#96  October 17, 2014, 06:39:36 pm
    • Peru
#97  October 17, 2014, 07:32:49 pm
    • Algeria
    • Sie81Kensou@gmx.com
After doing a bit of extra reading, I understand a bit more. It can be caught by breathing in mucus, but why they define it as "droplet borne" as opposed to "airborne" is apparently because of the "time" it lasts while in the air, and yes, because of how much time it can last without water. Apparently it only lasts for just over an hour and is only inhalably infectious to people within your immediate vicinity.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/15/doctor-ebola-might-be-transmitted-by-air/
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2014/10/13/read-this-to-get-a-better-understanding-of-how-ebola-spreads/

Apparently it really is broken down to technical definitions, but see above.
#98  October 17, 2014, 08:02:15 pm
It's not something you catch by breathing in, you catch it because someone else's bodily fluids (spit) gets inside you. It's not airborne, it's the fluids.
Wikipedia (yeah, I know) and some sites define airborne disease as exactly that. I wasn't able to find a definition from WHO or something more reputable, but seems like by definition it's an airborne disease.

http://www.iaff.org/hs/resi/infdis/What_is_an_airborne_disease.htm
From what I'm reading around, the difference is that an airborne disease can be transmitted through stuff other than human bodily fluids, like aerosols and dust and such. It's still around even if you have a dry cough then dust up the air. Whereas Ebola needs your spit, and spit doesn't fly back up in the air to float around just by moving stuff around.

edit because not good enough for new post :
just consider that you still don't call a disease "airborne" if it's spread by blood contact only and someone cuts your jugular to make your blood spray in the air. Spit from coughing is the same : just because your spit is in the air still doesn't make the disease airborne.

P.S. I just watched that video
http://youtu.be/ANUI4uT3xJI
and that's seriously depressing.
Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:47:54 am by DKDC
#99  October 17, 2014, 10:34:04 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
A very interesting documentary about how the people of Liberia are dealing with the disease:

Watching that video reminds me of the poor liquidators personnel that had to clean up the Chernobyl radioactive debris without any kind of protective gear and limited resources
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#100  October 19, 2014, 05:35:19 pm
according to wikipedia there is a few experimental medications that are being studied, but the one that actually did work is called Favipiravir (it' sounds like a perfume name).
hopefully It'll get mass produced and given to the effected countries.
Heaven is just a prostitute without clothes.
#101  October 19, 2014, 06:14:37 pm
  • i will meditate and then write a really epic post
  • jai ho
    • Skype - executivepetrel
    • kawaiikings.net
I only have this synopsis because I watched Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura. Well, here's what I think.....

1.Ebola comes to America.
2.The "virus" spreads.
3.The government decides to "quarantine" the general public for their safety.
4.Cities go under martial law
Last Step: People are forced out of their homes into FEMA camps and the "extermination" begins.
lmao
youtube
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♥๑۩۩๑♥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Put this on the profile of people who are known/wanted terrorists
that were involved in the September 11th attacks in 2001
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♥๑۩۩๑♥▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
- courtesy of Iced
#102  October 19, 2014, 06:46:17 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#103  October 19, 2014, 07:25:50 pm
That's a bit hard to believe, is that a satirical site... ?
#104  October 19, 2014, 07:29:52 pm
yeah
#105  October 19, 2014, 10:59:26 pm
    • USA

#106  October 19, 2014, 11:15:34 pm
... what the fuck are you talking about
#107  October 19, 2014, 11:18:47 pm
Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:10:20 am by Titiln
#108  October 20, 2014, 12:18:15 am
    • USA

Brother, what a trip
#109  October 20, 2014, 12:19:28 am
    • USA

Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:26:20 am by Toonar12X
#110  October 20, 2014, 12:25:04 am
    • USA

Come back to me when your genuine answer is "Oh please tell me more, wise one!" and you'll understand everything you need to know.

EDIT: That's not genuine. You're trying to wear scuffed up, ripped jeans that you bought off the shelf.
Brother, what a trip
Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:38:31 am by Speedpreacher
#111  October 20, 2014, 12:26:38 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon

#112  October 20, 2014, 12:28:34 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
There's probably nothing interesting on Cartoon Network at the moment...
Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 12:31:41 am by Lord Kain
#113  October 24, 2014, 05:44:09 am
Heaven is just a prostitute without clothes.
#114  April 12, 2015, 09:22:52 am
I think somebody should make a Mugen fighter based on the Ebola Chan character.

Pics are big so are inside a spoiler box.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#115  April 12, 2015, 10:57:27 am
  • BIG COCK SMALL ASSHOLE.
it's would probably a Mb edit.
lel.
I think the only H-Character I ever got was that Black Raiya edit and she had a super that forced the foe to suck her cock while classical music played.
#116  April 12, 2015, 06:19:48 pm
  • robert cop
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/site/meldosmugensite/

Why the FUCK do people want a MUGEN character based on an animu nurse based on a terminal illness?
#117  April 13, 2015, 12:03:06 am
  • Certified Degenerate
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
kuromaru & slime compatibility
#118  April 13, 2015, 12:15:03 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com

Some people think the world should just burn to a goddamn crisp.

Take it to the "most wanted chars" thread.
#119  April 13, 2015, 12:16:55 am
making an ebola chan character would be so many months removed from being relevant
#120  April 13, 2015, 01:27:48 am
making an ebola chan character would be so many months removed from being relevant

Doesn't matter. There is no Mugen character of her yet. I would have thought that back during the big news being ebola, some Japanese person would have made the Ebola Chan character into a Mugen character, but it didn't happen. I don't know why. But it MUST happen. Better late than never.
#121  April 13, 2015, 08:01:55 pm
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com