YesNoOk

The Fight of the Century (Read 26486 times)

Started by Uno, April 26, 2015, 08:31:14 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

Who's your bet?

Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
7 (38.9%)
Manny Pacquiao
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: April 30, 2015, 08:31:14 pm

Bea

Re: The Fight of the Century
#41  May 03, 2015, 05:33:17 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
That is ridiculous. :(
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#42  May 03, 2015, 06:49:00 am
116-112

Mayweather by unanimous decision.

Bea

#43  May 03, 2015, 06:50:00 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Definitely not the fight I saw.
I would give this one to Pacquio. He attacked much more, landed more punches.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#44  May 03, 2015, 06:50:58 am
FUCK THIS COMPANY
#45  May 03, 2015, 06:54:56 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
I expected more from Mayweather, to say the truth. Still Pacman was superior throughout the whole match
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#46  May 03, 2015, 06:55:57 am
fucking judges what match are they watching! floyd landed pretty decent shots but it wasn't enough to give him the win!
#47  May 03, 2015, 06:57:59 am
  • all is love in fair and war
too many bullshit strategy used by Mayweather, it is almost like watching heavyweight match, why can't he just fight like normal middle weight fighters. 
#48  May 03, 2015, 06:58:14 am
I'm hearing in the 2nd half of the fight that Manny starting hacking and Floyd landed more while still evading. I didn't see it because PPV so can't say my take means as much.

Wanted Pac-man to win (obvious more likeable reason) but better to bet with the mind than with the heart.
#49  May 03, 2015, 06:59:50 am
got some calls now bets are being returned.
#50  May 03, 2015, 07:09:16 am
  • all is love in fair and war
it was Pacman's fault not able to KO him... it is impossible to win this crap with score cards. Mayweather was smarter though, wasting less energy, getting more money, and go home with more belts, and no promoter to share the profit.

must be the work of illuminati  :veryangry:
#51  May 03, 2015, 07:13:06 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
Definitely expected that if this match ended in a decision, the Money's likely going to bag the win.

Though despite the loss, kudos to Pacquaio, aside from giving one heck of a show, he admirably accepts his defeat with grace and class.
#52  May 03, 2015, 07:24:54 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
Run Hug and Win

so this how boxing works....

man this is ridiculous

lesson learn from manny never fight on vegas

its obvious the chicken won in judges , ref and .... what else?
#53  May 03, 2015, 07:55:52 am
  • Such a good day for chars.
    • USA
    • Waste-Poetry@hotmail.com
fucking judges what match are they watching! floyd landed pretty decent shots but it wasn't enough to give him the win!

He got in 140 shots while Pacman got in 80. Floyd controlled most of the rounds he was in, Pacman clearly had no idea what to do with Floyd. Just look at Pac's face by the end of the match in comparison to Floyd's. This wasn't even close, Floyd won by A LOT.

too many bullshit strategy used by Mayweather, it is almost like watching heavyweight match, why can't he just fight like normal middle weight fighters. 

How is choosing to not get hit a bs strategy? Have you ever heard of chess? It's better to chip away at your opponent, make them mad, rather than throw punches and hope they hit. You may not like it, but it's smart.

Those punches weren't hitting anything. Most of his punches were hitting his gloves and shoulders. That's not a landed punch. He certainly THREW more punches, but quality > quantity.
You either quit a decent creator, or stay long enough to become Kung Fu Man.
Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 07:59:23 am by Dragon-Poetry

Uno

#54  May 03, 2015, 08:01:43 am
  • kuruchutchut
    • Philippines
    • www.facebook.com/ronel.alinea

He got in 140 shots while Pacman got in 80. Floyd controlled most of the rounds he was in, Pacman clearly had no idea what to do with Floyd. Just look at Pac's face by the end of the match in comparison to Floyd's. This wasn't even close, Floyd won by A LOT.

How is choosing to not get hit a bs strategy? Have you ever heard of chess? It's better to chip away at your opponent, make them mad, rather than throw punches and hope they hit. You may not like it, but it's smart.

Those punches weren't hitting anything. Most of his punches were hitting his gloves and shoulders. That's not a landed punch.

Yeah, the punches Mayweather is throwing while he's hugging Manny scores the most! Smart indeed :D
#55  May 03, 2015, 08:05:12 am
    • USA
Well, that, and Manny's inability to touch him even when he isn't hugging him scores the most as well. Along with all of the hits connected outside of this hugging. You may not like it, but Floyd totally controlled that fight. Fights aren't won and lost dictated by what the crowd is pleased by.

Uno

#56  May 03, 2015, 08:22:09 am
  • kuruchutchut
    • Philippines
Well..

Haters gonna hate, gays gonna hug, chickens gonna run...

boxing is dead

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:26:31 am by UnoShe
#57  May 03, 2015, 08:26:53 am
    • USA
What a highly credited criticism. Boxing must be dead, which is why it made a billion dollars off of one fight. If you wanna watch two idiots punch each other without strategy, go watch a bum fight.

Boy. I was honestly rooting for Pacman during the fight, but seeing Floyd's haters get all sour and such actually makes me rather glad Floyd did win. Wouldn't hear anybody complain about hugging if that strategy didn't work.
Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:31:16 am by Dragon-Poetry

lui

#58  May 03, 2015, 08:50:51 am
    • USA
I was rooting so much for Pac-Man to win, but I have to admit, Mayweather pretty much played him, Manny was waaaay too passive and didn't lower his defense at all. It was a boring match.

Uno

#59  May 03, 2015, 09:02:15 am
  • kuruchutchut
    • Philippines
I was rooting so much for Pac-Man to win, but I have to admit, Mayweather pretty much played him, Manny was waaaay too passive and didn't lower his defense at all. It was a boring match.

not to mention the mighty elbow of mayweather  ;D
#60  May 03, 2015, 09:03:38 am
i've been a mayweather fan since day one and i really thought this fight would be their last stand and we'll see a really good brawl. anyway floyd won fight sucks.