YesNoOk

Who do you think will win the FIFA WORLD CUP 2010?  (Read 17560 times)

Started by Saturno, June 08, 2010, 05:57:46 pm
Share this topic:

Mog

Re: Who do you think will win the FIFA WORLD CUP 2010?
#41  June 10, 2010, 01:54:51 pm
#42  June 10, 2010, 01:55:45 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
USA, since they will simply grab the ball and run with it into the goal, and no other countries would be manly enough to say something about it  :'(
#43  June 10, 2010, 03:15:19 pm
  • Street Fighter II the game that changed everything
    • sites.google.com/site/mugenuba/
Ok. Some of you are arguing about semantics "football or soccer" and "American football". Football was invented by the English in the 19th century. They also invented rugby. Whereas the USAn invented american football much later based on rugby by modifying its rules.
The Usa inhabitants also speak the language that comes from England.
So the word football by history, by being first used and by being more "illustrative" should be assossiated with the most popular sport in the world, the one every country plays, the one that is mainly played with the feet, the one that is ruled by FIFA.
The sport that USA inhabitants invented should be called "NorthAmerican rugby" or "NorthAmerican handball".
#44  June 10, 2010, 03:34:17 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
or "I'm so scared to play rugby I have to wear an armor".
#45  June 10, 2010, 03:56:00 pm

ha ha, that's their way to deal with homophobic.
the armor and the 3/4 pants remind me of milli vanilli costumes
#46  June 10, 2010, 05:03:02 pm
  • SNK is life
OK, let me phrase this question another way.

Would South Africa, based on performance during the qualifications, have been in the World Cup this year even if they had not been the host country?
Of course. The FIFA World Cup is not about "the best of the best", but actually proportionally represents a number of countries from each of the continents, and in this case, South Africa is one of the best from Africa (just like Nigeria was in past World Cups).

If any, their Host Country status just inspired them to train harder and play better, not to mention the psychological momentum that being the local team will give them. Hell, Mexico even won a smaller tournament just a few years back, beating Brazil in the finals just out of being the Local Team.
#47  June 10, 2010, 05:06:59 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
And this is why European Cup is harder to win than World Cup. :P (and it's true)
#48  June 10, 2010, 07:59:48 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

Bea

#49  June 11, 2010, 12:33:44 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
And this is why European Cup is harder to win than World Cup. :P (and it's true)

So true.
In UEFA you got teams that hold most of the top performance players in their squads, and with coaches capable of making a team out of that bunch of super stars (oh, Brazil 2006... how much long will it still hurt?).
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#50  June 11, 2010, 03:25:36 am
#51  June 11, 2010, 03:37:49 am
  • I got a PM.
1/4 in plastic on you head and shoulder with a 300 pound man running at full sprint with no other intention than to injure you, and you think Rugby is harder? Lol. Spoken like every nerd I shoved in a locker lol.
#52  June 11, 2010, 03:49:23 am
1/4 in plastic on you head and shoulder with a 300 pound man running at full sprint with no other intention than to injure you, and you think Rugby is harder? Lol. Spoken like every nerd I shoved in a locker lol.

all muscles straight forward simpleton, fits american character very much.  ;)
#53  June 11, 2010, 03:50:09 am
    • Argentina
    • sites.google.com/view/senseiyoda/sensei-yodas-mugen
Argentina!  ;P
#54  June 11, 2010, 03:53:10 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I know you're joking but hits in American Football are way harder than anything I've seen in Rugby.

because they wear armors
Yeah I'm sorry but I agree with Shamrock on this one, there's like... a helmet and shoulder pads and that's the only "armor" they really wear except for the leg pads (which are some sort of soft synthetic material)
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#55  June 11, 2010, 04:01:53 am
I know you're joking but hits in American Football are way harder than anything I've seen in Rugby.

because they wear armors
Yeah I'm sorry but I agree with Shamrock on this one, there's like... a helmet and shoulder pads and that's the only "armor" they really wear except for the leg pads (which are some sort of soft synthetic material)

it looks harder because in american football allows frontal attack, instead of grabbing from behind as in rugby... that's why it is simpler and harsher to fit american taste.

I can imagine american spectators will be impatient watching worldcup, "90 mins of play and only has 2 goals, WTF with this sport?!?"  ;D
#56  June 11, 2010, 04:14:58 am
  • Fuck You.
...don't american football have two goals?
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#57  June 11, 2010, 04:27:04 am
#58  June 11, 2010, 04:27:37 am
  • Fuck You.
oh i get ya now
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#59  June 11, 2010, 04:46:04 am
  • I got a PM.
No the part that puts us off is when one player barely touches the other players foot and that guy falls to the ground holding his leg like he was just shot with a 50 cal machine gun.

I understand that it a way to get the foul, but it such a pussy move that USA would boo its own players seeing that shit, and you guys do it in every Futbol game.
#60  June 11, 2010, 05:04:49 am
No the part that puts us off is when one player barely touches the other players foot and that guy falls to the ground holding his leg like he was just shot with a 50 cal machine gun.

I understand that it a way to get the foul, but it such a pussy move that USA would boo its own players seeing that shit, and you guys do it in every Futbol game.

don't you know how long profesional sportman career, especially for attacking position, 10, 15 years and they retire, what to do then in their 30's, acting is one of the promising future at least  for Vinnie Jones.

but seriously that is the hard part, how to intercept the ball without touching the player, same with basketball too.