YesNoOk

Youtube Google+ Intergration (Read 24517 times)

Started by Janis L.C.V., November 10, 2013, 05:56:14 pm
Share this topic:

GOH

Re: Youtube Google+ Intergration
#61  November 20, 2013, 06:46:19 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Man fuck Youtube, the revolution is coming! #NOGOOGLEPLUS #2013

Oh shit a new Criken video 1 sec hang on
#62  November 20, 2013, 07:38:00 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
that's why sites like youtube and facebook have this strange liberty to do whatever the fuck they want. don't like youtube's redesign/new feature/new comments? then leave to vimeo/dailymotion/whatever, sites that barely have videos compared to youtube. don't like how facebook moved a thing to the right? then take yourself and all your friends to google plus LOL good luck with that

As long as the main feature of the site is intact then people won't leave, no matter what bullshit they say.
#63  November 20, 2013, 08:09:00 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Yeah okay but that does not erase the validity of the complaints
#64  December 06, 2013, 05:29:40 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
Wow google has dug a grave, jumped in it, and told the majority of YouTube users to pour concrete on the grave due to this recent confirmation.

#65  December 08, 2013, 01:03:56 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Related:
For those interested, here’s a list of some publishers and their stances on video game monetization.

* Activision - Does not allow derivative works per their terms. See 3. License.

* Bungie - Specifically says not to create derivative works from their software in their terms. Probably why Halo is a pain.

* Capcom - OK if you aren’t making any money. See this FAQ post on their forums.

* Codemasters - Does not grant permission to monetize videos. Posting videos is accepted.

* GungHo Online - These guys do stuff like Ragnarok Online. Videos OK, monetization not OK.

* Microsoft - Videos are completely fine as long as you are not paid. They say part of this includes Halo in their rules, so Bungie may or may not still get on your case. Check out the rules here.

* Natsume - These guys are famous for Harvest Moon among others. From an email they allow videos without monetization.

* Naughty Dog - The Last of Us, Uncharted, Jak and Daxter… great games, but they don’t want you to use ANY of their footage (said via email).

* Nintendo - Encourages videos (especially Let’s Plays), but may decide to monetize your video. The exact wording is on Go Nintendo.

* NIS America - Famous for stuff like Danganrompa and Disgaea. Encourages videos, monetization not allowed.

* Rockstar / Take-Two Interactive - Encourages videos unless they are just straight cutscene footage (Let’s Plays with cutscenes OK). Pretty sure they don’t want things monetized. See the full rules here.

* Sega - Does not give any license for YouTube footage .

* SNK - They do not give license for derivative works.

* Square Enix - Does not grant individual permission to use their works, but DOES grant permission to larger entities. .

* TecmoKoei - Famous for stuff like Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden. Specifically in the words of the email, “TecmoKoei does allow people to make video reviews and other similar works, but we do not typically allow monetization.”

* TellTale Games - The Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Sam and Max… these guys have some really good stuff. Let’s Plays are definitely allowed, monetization is not. See this permission post on their forums.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#66  March 13, 2014, 04:04:28 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Also related; well they reworked the site AGAIN, now it seems to ignore AdBlocker, making you sit through ads once more.
........Motherfuckers.
#67  March 13, 2014, 04:19:51 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I just lost all my subscriptions, I think it's related to me using a youtube account different to my gmail one.
#68  March 13, 2014, 04:31:43 pm
    • Netherlands
Yeah they got me too, I was pretty scared at first, I thought I also lost all my subscribers and uploaded videos. They made me make a new account, basicly, that's like my personal Youtube Channel. But, if you click on your avatar icon in the top right corner, you should be able to switch back to your other account.
#69  March 13, 2014, 04:40:59 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
And I thought the copyright stuff was really a bad stuff. The other day I had to delete all the songs I put on my music videos to allow my videos work again... and they were about MUGEN fight only!! Also the G+ posting only, I usually post on my videos and in others, but now I can't because of that stupid "G+ posts only" stuff. I got just enough of YouTube, really Google is diging its own grave with this as someone said before....

Definitive: ditching YT, welcome Dailymotion

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#70  March 13, 2014, 05:01:53 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yeah they got me too, I was pretty scared at first, I thought I also lost all my subscribers and uploaded videos. They made me make a new account, basicly, that's like my personal Youtube Channel. But, if you click on your avatar icon in the top right corner, you should be able to switch back to your other account.
thanks, that did the trick.
#71  March 13, 2014, 05:12:28 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
And I thought the copyright stuff was really a bad stuff. The other day I had to delete all the songs I put on my music videos to allow my videos work again... and they were about MUGEN fight only!! Also the G+ posting only, I usually post on my videos and in others, but now I can't because of that stupid "G+ posts only" stuff. I got just enough of YouTube, really Google is diging its own grave with this as someone said before....

Definitive: ditching YT, welcome Dailymotion

The hell kind of music were you using? I've gotten notices for using...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Except for a few blocked in Germany, the worst I got was a small ad under the video saying where they can buy said song. If your videos literally are disabled because of the audio then you were already taking a big risk by using more popular music in your videos.
#72  March 13, 2014, 06:22:05 pm
    • Chile
I mostly used japanese songs for my videos from groups and singers like B'z, Koda Kumi, L'arc-en-ciel and Gackt, most of them are pretty unknown worldwide, few times I used known songs from groups like Papa Roach, Linkin Park and Nelly Furtado. I only get 2 videos blocked and one deleted, but all the others were just adviced about using copyright songs, so in the end I delete all of them with the YT audio editor, so now only are MUGEN battles with no music as BGM.

But all those changes don't matter in the end, YT is going shittier these days and probably I'll migrate to DM during these days/months since I already made an account there

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#73  March 13, 2014, 06:25:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
koda kumi, l'arc and gack are far from being unknown.
#74  March 13, 2014, 07:49:57 pm
    • Chile
Yeah, but only for fans of japanese/otaku culture, still not known for normal people

#75  March 13, 2014, 08:13:25 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
define normal people, since their works are much bigger than the few songs that have been used in anime, so anybody into japanese culture/music regardless of liking anime would have heard about them, unlike let's say , mugen.
#76  March 13, 2014, 08:52:13 pm
    • Chile
I mean, people who only knows about Japan by sushi and Dragon Ball. Yes, they're famous, but not mainstream as many groups from US and Europe. But well, the big record labels as Sony and BMG got the rights of them, so they reclaim them no matter if it's for profit or fanmade. In the case of B'z is almost like Prince, there's almost no material of them in YT except their official channel, who only has 1:00 clips of some of his songs, everything else is deleted from YT, no matter if it's the videoclip/song itself or part of it used as BGM (included some videos I uploaded time ago)

#77  March 13, 2014, 11:33:13 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am just wondering how popular they are compared to the groups orochi gill posted. sice IRL I know more people who knows about the jap grouns than people who know about the ones gill posted.
#78  March 14, 2014, 12:19:13 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Also related; well they reworked the site AGAIN, now it seems to ignore AdBlocker, making you sit through ads once more.
........Motherfuckers.

I willing to bet that the makers of AdBlocker are moving to block the ads from Youtube again.

With that being said, maybe I should go to Dailymotion, or at least set up an account there...
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#79  March 14, 2014, 04:39:13 pm
    • Netherlands
Actually, my bad, it still works :P I had it disabled for some reason, it looked like I had it turned back on (icon was red, not green) but it really wasn't on for some reason. Now I'm blocking away as before, how it should be.
#80  March 14, 2014, 11:53:14 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I don't actually get how the companies that pay to have the ads displayed have any success. Nobody watches the damn things. On my phone i hover over the count down and skip as soon as it's done (pc has adblock)

I've got annoyed with G+ and found there is a section that lets me disconnect it, so i've done so. Tired of being asked to "use my real name" hopefully this stops it. Also, they were forcing the G+ account as primary with no way to change rather than the one i have actually customised and locked down enough not to spam me with utter bullshit all the time

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.