YesNoOk

My Little Pony Fighting game (Read 145002 times)

Started by Loona, June 02, 2011, 02:04:03 pm
Share this topic:
Re: My Little Pony Fighting game
#61  June 03, 2011, 09:16:12 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Well for starters we can add other manly things to those manly things.
#62  June 03, 2011, 09:23:56 am
You should have a rated M for manly topic. and use it to source all many topics and videos from the internet.
#63  June 03, 2011, 10:00:04 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
BRILLIANT!
#64  June 03, 2011, 11:50:32 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Have you people actually even watched the show? Or are you all complaining for the sole reason that it's a show that's targeted and should only be liked by teenage girls?

I don't get it. Here we have a show that is supposedly geared towards girls but, for the first time in recent history, one that doesn't show shallow and one dimensional teenage girls, talking about nothing but fashion, boys and their teen angst...and yet some people refuse to acknowledge it just because it's Ewww ponies. Ewww girls. Eww cooties.

As for me I like the show because I enjoy watching it not because I joined the fad. Then again I've always been a fan of Lauren Faust's works so it's not really that surprising.
Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:03:12 pm by Mgbenz
#65  June 03, 2011, 11:56:44 am
  • I am the white void, err, etcetra etcetra...
the fad may also lead to a perversion by the men. o_O
Can you imagine that? Donkey from Shrek series on a seat clicking away at a bunch of my little pony pics. Gleeuuuuh!  --;

_      __
|_| | |  _
|_| | |__|
#66  June 03, 2011, 12:01:39 pm
  • Shingo KICK!
    • sonicstar3000.tripod.com/

... are you STILL reading this?
#67  June 03, 2011, 12:38:59 pm
  • Got a worse Birthday than that Pink Blob.
    • USA
Why the fuck are grown men adoring a series about magical ponies and rainbows that is clearly targeted towards adolescent girls?

Don't give me some bullshit answer either. I'm being completely serious because this retarded little fad has gone too far.
If I may answer this...

...it's probably because the show promoting the toy models was done by Lauren Faust, the wife of Craig McCracken, who wasnot only the art director of 2 Stupid Dogs, but also the creator of both The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, which Lauren Faust also helped work on. So, MIP:FIM should have some stuff that only young adults will get, thus interesting them.

Lauren Faust wanted to make a show for girls that didn't berate nor insulted they gender like most girls shows(Bratz, for one). She was also a fan of the MLP toys when she was younger. So, she basically killed two birds with one stone with this. She was thrilled.

When /b/ talked about how good the show got, I guess it leaked out though the entire internet. Its popularity has gotten WAY overboard. Lauren Faust is also aware of the fandom. Her group even included a few meme in her show. One of the biggest examples are Princess Celestia being a troll and "Derpy Hooves."

You know another thing? These... *ahem*, "Bronies..." when they say they're fans of My Little Pony, they're really only fans of the 4th Generation(Friendship is Magic). They could care less about the previous generation. Some even despise the older gens.

Hmmm... not that much different from the Touhou Project fandom.

Bea

#68  June 03, 2011, 12:40:59 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Have you people actually even watched the show? Or are you all complaining for the sole reason that it's a show that's targeted and should only be liked by teenage girls?

I don't get it. Here we have a show that is supposedly geared towards girls but, for the first time in recent history, one that doesn't show shallow and one dimensional teenage girls, talking about nothing but fashion, boys and their teen angst...and yet some people refuse to acknowledge it just because it's Ewww ponies. Ewww girls. Eww cooties.

As for me I like the show because I enjoy watching it not because I joined the fad. Then again I've always been a fan of Lauren Faust's works so it's not really that surprising.

I couldn't have put it in a better way.
It is  a nice show with characters deeper than a paper sheet, unlike the previous versions, some interesting action and rather nice story lines in most episodes.
Overall, I was pleasantly surprised of how it turned out.

If you don't like it, it's fine, but don't assume that most people who watch it like the awful stuff that was linked on this thread.

And I am interested on how the fighting game will turn out. I wonder if they will manage to find balance.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#69  June 03, 2011, 12:44:06 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I dont think they even show it around here (not that it matters with the internet and all) but im just a bit confused.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#70  June 03, 2011, 12:50:10 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Lol people berating on others for liking a cartoon show for girls while watching naruto and other anime lowbrow crap.

"GO NARUTO GO! BEAT THAT FUCKER !YEAHHHH This is so mature!"

"NOOOO ROCK! Dont get defeated by the HOGAN, you can outdo the HOGAN! Give him the peoples elbow!!!"

"Oh no! The giant robot is not being able to get away from the giant robot with the scythe, I sure hope the girly looking male pilot survives and can return to his male friend with whom he has a deep connection!"

"Go ryu! Shoryuken that sagat!!! WOoohooo, he used the power of the dragon!"
#71  June 03, 2011, 12:53:50 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I don't have a problem with people who honestly like the show.  But anyone blindly following it just because it's an internet thing and the HURP DURP BRONY fad can go fuck themselves.
#72  June 03, 2011, 12:58:15 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
That depends on if they're hurp durp brony BECAUSE they're watching it, or because they're fitting in.

Going overboard as a fan is nothing new at all. See every other pop culture thing ever spanning back 10 years or so. The fact that it will die quick is no different to most other things.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#73  June 03, 2011, 01:01:09 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Thats just the internet being organic. People growing up with powerpuff girls and stuff like that are more naturally attracted to something that reminds them of their childhood, and the apparently very high standarts of animation and story telling being used ( Ive never watched it, but i can recognize quality in clips ) are attractive to people that like animation to begin with.
That its a refreshing take on shows without violence its a very positive sign, kids these days have nothing that isnt about fighting X or defeating Y, nothing based on personalities. This has weakened a lot the cartoons of the later years, with spongebob, chowder and flapjack being the few shows that could be given to kids without any sort of violence ( and still incuring into slapstick and sometimes to the "dumbination" of plots)

And people sexualizing everything is nothing new, it only becomes more "shocking" when its animals and etc. There were people stupidly sexualizing homestuck, people stupidly sexualizing snoopy, people stupidly sexualizing disney. Its people with malformed personalities that are seeking sexual conotations to the things they also connect to childhood, in order to have access to defanged sexuality that doesnt scare them or forces them to be mature. I could go on about the subject but its pointless, so I will just say one thing about it.

FURRRIEEEEES!!!!

Now seriously dont keep me talking about animation or i will be here for a while =|
( currently getting season 1 of this to watch)

GOH

#74  June 03, 2011, 01:07:20 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Permission to make a retarded post.
#75  June 03, 2011, 01:08:06 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Wait, all the other posts werent retarded?!

GOH

#76  June 03, 2011, 01:17:08 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#77  June 03, 2011, 01:45:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#78  June 03, 2011, 04:22:30 pm
Have you people actually even watched the show?
i tried to sit through an episode but quit halfway into it. it might have stellar animation and writing but it's not my thing
"GO NARUTO GO! BEAT THAT FUCKER !YEAHHHH This is so mature!"

"NOOOO ROCK! Dont get defeated by the HOGAN, you can outdo the HOGAN! Give him the peoples elbow!!!"

"Oh no! The giant robot is not being able to get away from the giant robot with the scythe, I sure hope the girly looking male pilot survives and can return to his male friend with whom he has a deep connection!"

"Go ryu! Shoryuken that sagat!!! WOoohooo, he used the power of the dragon!"
none of these things are marketed to little girls and liking any of these things doesn't look anywhere as creepy as being a my little pony fan
#79  June 03, 2011, 04:26:20 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
go titiln! win that argument yeahhhhh! this is intelligent as fuck!

seriously what
#80  June 03, 2011, 04:28:37 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Tried watching an ep, got bored. Remembered i used to draw pictures of dinosaurs killing these things... Yeah, didn't go down too well after that.
Dude we should totally have a GFX thread where we draw things NOW that we drew in our childhood.