YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2837400 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out)
#3801  August 24, 2019, 04:18:08 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Wonder if they'll be going with the current musclebeast She-Hulk look or the classic "is kind of just a green lady" design.

Ms. Marvel should be cool, too.  Though I'm curious how they're going to play the Kamala/Carol relationship in the MCU when this Captain Marvel has been a more or less null presence on Earth.
#3802  August 24, 2019, 04:27:38 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

She's inhuman too right? Unless they change that too cause they just recently killed almost all the inhumans in earth-616 cause Netflix Inhumans got cancelled.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#3803  August 24, 2019, 05:07:16 am
Welp, who gives a shit about Spider-Man anymore. Hot damn!  :woeh:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1fUPgblShf/?utm_source=ig_embed
"We did it Mr. Stark" (and check the last picture of that link)
Unless that's a bad way to advertise the Engdame BR release, people are suspecting negotiations are going well. And it seems like the 50/50 thing wasn't true after all (but the fall out was - what a dumpster fire).

(later edit) that went well...

Anyway three more shows, that's gonna be a heavily packed few years. But we're still waiting on actually seeing anything from them, they've been talking about it a lot but there's still zero exact date and actual image...
She's inhuman too right? Unless they change that too cause they just recently killed almost all the inhumans in earth-616 cause Netflix Inhumans got cancelled.
I'm just assuming the botched Inhuman series is not canon and just dumped, and I don't see why they couldn't just restart it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 03:32:53 am by Byakko
#3804  August 24, 2019, 07:27:29 am
i'm actually interested in the new miss.marvel ... yeah i know most of his comics were handled very poorly but i actually liked her design and powers. it'll be better if they just gave her a decent story line and stop releasing issue number ones cause the sales ain't good and they have to "reboot" her again.
#3805  August 24, 2019, 08:01:54 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It would be absolutely incredible if she ended up being a mutant in the MCU. Just the most perfect of ironies.

i'm actually interested in the new miss.marvel ... yeah i know most of his comics were handled very poorly but i actually liked her design and powers. it'll be better if they just gave her a decent story line and stop releasing issue number ones cause the sales ain't good and they have to "reboot" her again.
Huh? Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) has been an unabashed critical and commercial success for Marvel, remaining garnering continued critical acclaim since her introduction and stellar sales of the trade paperbacks collecting issues of her book.
#3806  August 24, 2019, 08:26:04 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Moonknight would be watered down to suit younger audiences and won't have the grit of the Daredevil and Punisher series. I guess that's okay as long as the storyline is solid.
#3807  August 24, 2019, 09:00:26 am
It would be absolutely incredible if she ended up being a mutant in the MCU. Just the most perfect of ironies.

Huh? Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) has been an unabashed critical and commercial success for Marvel, remaining garnering continued critical acclaim since her introduction and stellar sales of the trade paperbacks collecting issues of her book.

hmm guess i'm wrong , but overall comics is losing a lot of money compare to manga.

would be great to see a ms.marvel series with the defenders type of setting. just a good street level of super hero stuff.

any news about an x-men series? i haven't read the house of x storyline and i know there's an upcoming x-men title will be released sometime this year all i know is it won't be part of the house of x story line.
#3808  August 24, 2019, 09:05:54 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Let's hope we'll get a major easter egg for the last season of Legion. Sucks The Gifted was cancelled as soon as Disney bought Fox.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#3809  August 24, 2019, 09:20:49 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Legion ended 2 weeks ago, and you have never been able to realize that the only thing it was connected to was Legion
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#3810  August 24, 2019, 07:34:57 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3811  August 25, 2019, 12:08:11 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
hmm guess i'm wrong , but overall comics is losing a lot of money compare to manga.
Yep, the major comics publishers are all chasing an ever shrinking audience; there are tons of Western comics that do really well, but they're almost all original graphic novels that never came out as single issues. That part of the industry is booming, with lots of young (kids + teens) readers; both Marvel and DC have managed to put out some books that appeal to that same market (like the aforementioned Ms. Marvel), but it really feels like most of those successes are accidents because they aren't really trying to do more books like those. Well, Marvel isn't: DC has been building up two big publishing lines that appeal to a broader audience and the first few books are already wildly successful. Marvel is too busy being run by a giant dumbass who pretended to be Japanese to do the same, I guess.

any news about an x-men series? i haven't read the house of x storyline and i know there's an upcoming x-men title will be released sometime this year all i know is it won't be part of the house of x story line.
House of X/Powers of X fucking owns but I definitely can't imagine the MCU X-Men movies taking after it in a major way. Maybe when they get several movies down the line or something.
#3812  August 25, 2019, 12:43:18 am
Anyway three more shows, that's gonna be a heavily packed few years. But we're still waiting on actually seeing anything from them, they've been talking about it a lot but there's still zero exact date and actual image...
So just as I was saying that, apparently there was footage shown for Black Widow, Hawkeye and stuff, and it's still under phase 4's label so that's all for the next two years ? But nothing has filtered out yet.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

lui

#3813  August 25, 2019, 01:50:23 am
    • USA

a bit old but Taskmaster MCU set photos abound

Task with his hood down looks fucking weird lol
#3814  August 25, 2019, 02:51:26 pm
    • USA
Kevin Feige is now seemingly confirming that discussions are over and Spider-Man is out of the MCU.  Although Tom Holland is also stating that he's still going to be playing Spidey in future movies.

So, what the actual fuck is Sony's game plan here?  Pulling Spider-Man out of the MCU also means pulling the MCU out of Spider-Man.  Sure, they own the rights so they can make whatever movies they want, but they can't possibly be legally allowed to make a sequel to a movie that they don't own.  But they'll be using the cast from the previous movies they're no longer allowed to reference in any way?  Are they going to reboot it with the same actors and pretend they're starting over?  Just do a standalone movie that just flat out ignores all of the Avengers stuff and Stark tech that have become intrinsically linked to this iteration of Spider-Man as if it never happened? 

Say whatever you want about which multi-billion dollar corporation is to blame, but I can't see this ending as anything but a complete disaster for everyone involved.
#3815  August 25, 2019, 03:18:12 pm
I'm assuming they'll use the Spidey characters and no one actually from the MCU. Vulture, Aunt Tomey and JJJ can show up, but no Iron Man reference, and no Skrull either. And the movie will be all Peter Parker vs the World with villains chasing him down since his name was leaked out. I suppose it's possible to make a story that skips all Avengers references and stays close to Spidey without him trying to call for help from Fury, but Happy took a big spot in Peter's actual daily life in FFH, I suppose that's the one big thing that'll feel weird.
What that also means is that Spider characters won't show up in the MCU. Like, a first idea for Black Panther (the first) had Kraven as the villain, now that still won't happen in BP 2, for example (but people are thinking they're going for Namor now anyway).
#3816  August 25, 2019, 03:26:09 pm
    • USA
But the Stark Tech suit and EDITH and everything from Far From Home is still very much a part of this character now, too.  Plus, this version of the character is globally known as a member of the Avengers and is considered by the public at large as a potential successor to Tony Stark specifically.  They can't use any of that anymore, but I don't see how they can just handwave it away either.
#3817  August 25, 2019, 04:03:56 pm
I'm thinking he'll shelve EDITH because why would Peter Parker ever use it, and the suit can be a design thing. Like I said before, he never really used any big tech from it beside talking AI and electric shock. Everything else, like the special web, they can just imply that he can do it himself - or even just have him do it and not say anything. It's been two movies of him learning all that, we can skip it for the third and have him use it naturally. And then they can make a story where he doesn't call for the Avengers' help, it's not like everyone else isn't having a solo movie where they don't ask the Avengers anything. Ant-Man and the Wasp did fine, Black Panther stayed home, even Iron Man 3 kept it down.
#3818  August 25, 2019, 04:17:56 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
I guess he would have to disappear because now everyone knows his identity. He'll have to hide in the shadows and operate in secrecy so that would probably have him run into random thugs and low level goons and then on to the big bad, whoever that is. Who owns the rights to Wilson Fisk at this point?
#3819  August 25, 2019, 04:21:15 pm
    • USA
I'm not saying it's impossible, I just feel like there's no elegant way they can pull it off (especially with Sony's track record on writing Spider-Man movies.)  Like, FFH literally had scenes where he was mobbed by reporters hammering him with questions about Tony Stark and the Avengers and everything.  Is the entire world just going to stop caring about all of that?  He can't go back to just being the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man without some major tonal whiplash.
#3820  August 25, 2019, 06:14:27 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
But there's always inelegant solutions: prequels and midquels. If Sony is hellbent on keeping Tom Holland as the face of the franchise instead of rebooting yet again, there's three periods they can exploit:

- The first is obviously Peter's life before meeting Tony Stark. Make a origin story (because we all love those, rite...rite?), show Spidey in his first makeshift costume doing vigilante stuff, have him fight some relatively low-level super villian.

- The other is the time frame between Civil War and Homecoming. Stark was clearly absent from Peter's life at this point and he's neither too competent as a hero nor famous yet, but you can raise the stakes at this point. You can show Peter trying to call someone through the movie without ever using Happy's name.

- The final one is just before Infinity War. You can't make a movie past Endgame because the snap and the Avengers are too much of a prominent part of the character to ignore, but you can set a movie just before Infinity War, since Spidey has gone his own way and he's not expecting any calls from Iron Man.