YesNoOk

Shut-down (Read 3121 times)

Started by クラーク, March 24, 2017, 02:00:59 pm
Share this topic:
Shut-down
#1  March 24, 2017, 02:00:59 pm
  • それから…夢なんて言葉で終わらす気はないが野望はある.
    • Japan
My laptop randomly shut-downs itself, how do I prevent this from happening again? It happened to me 2 times in a row, when I browse, and when I watch a video.
Re: Shut-down
#2  March 24, 2017, 02:04:49 pm
It could be a virus or a glitch have you backed up your files in case.
#3  March 24, 2017, 02:12:54 pm
  • Moving your life with greener pastures.
    • daedalus96@gmail.com
I would advise to run Malwarebytes to check if there's a virus in your laptop, though i don't know if it's damaged or not.
#4  March 24, 2017, 02:36:26 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Is it making a loud whining noise before doing so?
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#5  March 24, 2017, 02:37:32 pm
when the processor over-heats it will shut down the system. so see if there is a problem with cooling, and have it fixed immediately!
trust me, you don't want your laptop's processor to die on you, you're better off buying a new laptop if that happens.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#6  March 24, 2017, 02:38:19 pm
    • Japan
#7  March 24, 2017, 02:39:56 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
when the processor over-heats it will shut down the system. so see if there is a problem with cooling, and have it fixed immediately!
trust me, you don't want your laptop's processor to die on you, you're better off buying a new laptop if that happens.

This is also a strong possibility, especially with laptops. My old laptop used to have the same issue. Check to see if the fan vents are blocked (may require actually opening your laptop's case) with dust and whatnot, this usually solves overheating issues in most cases.
#8  March 24, 2017, 02:41:43 pm
    • Japan

This is also a strong possibility, especially with laptops. My old laptop used to have the same issue. Check to see if the fan vents are blocked (may require actually opening your laptop's case) with dust and whatnot, this usually solves overheating issues in most cases.

I'm gonna try this out.

When I enter Safe Mode, it's not doing that suprised shut down anymore..
#9  March 24, 2017, 02:46:20 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Then it may be a background program either taking up all your resources or doing something more nefarious. Most likely the former, though. Check your startup programs, start turning stuff off
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#10  March 24, 2017, 02:55:03 pm
safe mode doesn't strain the processor because it barely runs anything besides the essential drivers, which is why your laptop runs okay in it.
i don't recommend opening up your laptop either.
take it to someone who's qualified to do that. even if you opened it up and didn't break anything in the process, 9 times out of 10 there is nothing you can do to fix it. you don't have the tools and you don't know how to diagnose the problem.
it may not even be a cooling problem, but it's definitely a hardware problem (if the shut down is a sudden power cutoff and not a windows shutdown). so don't cheap out on it and take it to a technician.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#11  March 26, 2017, 01:09:05 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I just fixed a similar problem for a friend, mcaffe was causing it (mostly because he was running two antivirus programs which is a bad idea), he would get a blue screen that lasted for less thana  second, tho.