YesNoOk

what game are you playing right now (Read 1051604 times)

Started by Shunu, December 09, 2009, 09:37:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: what game are you playing right now
#5121  June 30, 2019, 10:53:08 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fuelled.
It's an amazing game. I really enjoy it on the Switch.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#5122  July 01, 2019, 12:27:43 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Super Mario Maker 2. This game is freaking amazing. Already completed Story Mode and now creating my own set of stages in my own image in 3D World Style.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#5123  July 01, 2019, 03:59:43 am
  • Retired
  • I'm in complete bliss
    • USA
    • RMaxima93@jabber.de
    • Skype - HazukiXL
I've been playing some Tekken 7 and then playing GTA V with friends.
#5124  July 01, 2019, 04:35:29 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Dead Cells

A masterpiece of a game! Its a rogue-lite, metroidvania inspired, action-platformer with many unlockables such as Weapons, Outfits, Abilities and more. Also you will die. a LOT. But that's pretty much the idea of the game. Kill. Die. Learn. Repeat.

If you are a fan of the castlevania or dark souls series or both than I highly recommend this game.
Here is a video to show what its like

Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
#5125  March 30, 2020, 08:32:38 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
This thread's kinda dead at the moment, I hope no one minds me reviving it.

Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fuelled
Been playing this a ton with friends since its launch. The Grand Prix may be over but Beenox is still knocking it out of the park with new content, and I'm more than happy to continue playing!

Pokemon Sword
I'm finished with the story and post game for the most part, just doing raids and working to complete my dex. Still need a Solosis to evolve, Eiscue, and Zamazenta and I should be good! This will be the second game in the series where I complete the dex (the other being Let's Go! Eevee). I've been enjoying this game for the most part and actually am looking forward to the new expansions coming soon. My activity in this game has decreased a fair bit though, and that's all thanks to...

Animal Crossing: New Horizons
This game has me hooked real good! I haven't been "time-travelling" like a few people have and didn't get it day one, so I'm still in the pretty early stages of the game. I should have both the Nooks' shop and the museum open tomorrow though. I'm loving my time so far. I didn't give New Leaf as much time as I would have liked, and I hope to make up for that here!
#5126  April 04, 2020, 08:35:12 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Resident evil 3 remake, plasma sword and tatsunoko vs capcom
#5127  April 05, 2020, 03:23:32 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Just Cause 1, I got it for less than a dollar in Xbox Live and... what a game, I loved it (even when it has bugs and weird mechanics, it's so addictive)

Oh, and I'm still making CAWs with WWE '13, I made almost all ECW and recently some videogame wrestlers like Muscle Power, Jun Kubota and Angela Belti, yeah!!

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#5128  April 06, 2020, 01:21:51 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Genuine curiosity because of ignorance, but I thought wrestling games get killed off each year for the newest title, and if what I learned from the last game's numerous controversies online over WWE 2020, playing the newest game doesn't let you return to the old ones without creating entirely new accounts or something?  Do older wrestling games like that have lasting fan bases?

And I guess to contribute, what with quarantine going on I'm cleaning out the backlog of "must-play" titles I've had for years without touching.  So I've been playing Nier Automata.

Dear god is this game obsessively good.  Around 70 hours now, loved the game, the characters, the plot, nearly all of it.  Got all 5 good endings, working on the rest of the alphabet to get the true ending.  Never did I expect a Ghost in the Shell rendition of the Smash Bros. Melee credits mini-game out of this going in.

Spoiler: I guess spoilers for a three-year old game, if not story-related (click to see content)
Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 01:25:23 am by Long John Killer
#5129  April 06, 2020, 08:40:49 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Genuine curiosity because of ignorance, but I thought wrestling games get killed off each year for the newest title, and if what I learned from the last game's numerous controversies online over WWE 2020, playing the newest game doesn't let you return to the old ones without creating entirely new accounts or something?  Do older wrestling games like that have lasting fan bases?
Maybe the newest games made you return to old games, but the last question is a YES! YES! YES! (yeah, I'm quoting Daniel Bryan). The 2 last games of THQ (WWE '12 and WWE '13) and the first of 2K (WWE 2K14) got a big fanbase until now, but it's bigger the SmackDown vs. Raw series. It's easily to see why by looking YouTube: there're a lot of CAWs (create-a-wrestler, the MUGEN of WWE Games) of recent WWE (and even AEW) wrestlers being recreated in SVR 2010 or 2009, and even some of the PS2 classics like SmackDown: Here Comes The Pain. So ys, there're a big fanbase until today

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#5130  April 06, 2020, 10:10:39 pm
    • Greece
Street fighter x tekken on Pc with mods: Extra characters like evil ryu, jun & unknown-extra stages-alt costumes like devil kazuya, devil jin & armour king.You can also play the two same characters: king & alt costume armour king team is so much fun.
#5131  April 18, 2020, 09:23:01 pm
    • Argentina
I don't always win in hell xD

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 02:04:06 am by k6666orochi
#5132  June 01, 2020, 01:56:29 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I hope no one minds if I post in this idled thread.

If anyone wants to know my current obsession in terms of video games, I would say Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX.

I played the original Red version back in the day quite a bit and I missed that game when I misplaced the cartridge. I was so excited when they announced the remake and brought it as soon as my schedule freed up some time.

Needless to say, I had a real blast with the game and I'm enjoying every last bit of it. And, to be honest, I'll probably be playing the game long after I unlocked everything, if only because the "new-ish" feature of rescuing other players on the Internet means that the lifespan of the game is extended way beyond the first games...
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#5133  June 21, 2020, 01:10:11 am
  • Never give up
Dragonball FighterZ. Ultra Instinct Goku came out so I'm learning him.

Horizon Zero Dawn after seeing the PS5 game.

Darkwood. This is one of the scariest games that I have ever played!! I'm currently at the end, but it's very stressful. I can only play this 30 minutes at a time before I start freaking out. LOL!
#5134  June 22, 2020, 03:46:40 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Nioh 2 , Just beaten the game and now i'm on a new game +
#5135  July 03, 2020, 05:26:43 am
    • Argentina
Shame on my pc is not going well :(
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#5136  July 27, 2020, 08:31:47 pm
Overwatch...
#5137  July 27, 2020, 11:40:09 pm
Ghost of Tsushima is really beautiful, it has all sorts of violence, and the social violence is really brutal and completely sewn inside all the little side missions, peeking out of the dialog or heavily implied.
There's the gay guy who can't mourn his dead lover because his family would fuck him up. There's the pedophile grabbing orphaned / runaway kids, using them, and selling them into slavery where the only prospect in life is getting their guts torn apart when one friend tries to fight back. There's your own lord who looks at the female thief who literally just helped you bust him out of a Mongol prison and he goes "oh, you're from xyz village ? That explains why you're a thief !" with a huge condescending tone. There's this girl / young woman who got grabbed by a bunch of bandits, forced to cry for help in the middle of the road to attract victims to ambush, and she tells you "most of them stopped. Some of them wanted to help".
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#5138  July 28, 2020, 12:20:34 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I was interested in that game, more non-anime Japanese feudal era samurai/ninja/etc. games are a plus for me, but I have a backlog of other titles to attend to first.

Speaking of which, putting both of these off forever, and as about as apart as game genres can get, I tried both Minecraft and Devil May Cry for the "first" time recently.  Minecraft I remember trying the alpha/beta when it was, like, only a month or so old?  And you could replace your 3D avatar with sprites fairly easy too so I was playing as Duke Nukem?  It got old, bought out by Microsoft, had a real "appeal to kids" push and I let it just be that forever.  Don't know what sparked it, maybe just Smash Bros. speculation on the series inclusion so it'd good to be knowledgeable on it, but I just felt like giving it a fair and honest go last month, do one full Survival/Story/Campaign mode run, for what it's worth.

Game is desolate as a desert on information on anything and everything pertaining to how it even functions.  It has the guidance of dropping a kid from today in front of an Intellivison and expecting them to figure it out.  There's a certain charm to something dropping you in and telling you to figure it out on your own or get out, but it did get frustrating at times.  Like figuring I needed to kill this Wither fellow before attempting The End, to find they're unrelated despite their titles suggesting otherwise.  I think that's the best way I could sum up the game; charming but frustrating.

Also in all the years this game has been around, not once has anyone who played told me or have I heard in general from anyone that the ending turns into Nier Automata.  Seriously, what the flying hell, why did the cute Lego game turn into a schizophrenic discussion with God about stars, the universe, mothers giving birth and that you're a human being and you deserve to be loved?

As for Devil May Cry, moved on to the first title of that now, haven't actually played since borrowing the first back in the PS2 days and....jeez, it's rough.  Like, really, really rough.  My mindset of comparison for the time it came out on PS2 would be Kingdom Hearts 1, and it's night and day how well they hold up.  But I'm enjoying it for what it's worth, it's Resident Evil meets Underworld meets Van Helsing meets FF IX's pre-rendered moments.  I look forward to what DMC2 holds being made in 4 months or so.  Then when it actually gets good at 3.
Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 01:20:41 am by Long John Killer
#5139  July 28, 2020, 09:44:56 pm
  • I try to do palettes.
    • Venezuela
Ghost of Tsushima. I haven't finished it yet but it's already one of my all time favorites. Truly a beautiful masterpiece.
#5140  August 23, 2020, 06:36:32 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
i've been playing a lot of postal 2

like, a LOT. i'm sure i'm in some kind of list now