YesNoOk

[SOLVED] Lifebar resizing issues (Read 5493 times)

Started by Saikoro, May 18, 2011, 03:54:28 pm
Share this topic:
[SOLVED] Lifebar resizing issues
#1  May 18, 2011, 03:54:28 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I'm working on optimizing a screenpack for Mugen 1.0 to ensure full compatibility.

I have been doubling the resolution, from 320x240 to 640x480, on every .PCX file ripped from a lifebars system.def. However, when I go to playtest and check my X,Y coordinates, the lifebars appear half of their original length even though they are properly placed. Is this due to scaling issues?? What am I missing??
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:08:11 am by Saikoro
Re: Lifebar resizing issues
#2  May 19, 2011, 07:19:29 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Have you scaled the animations as well as setting the localcoord? They're 2 seperate things. Local coord does the scaling for you, you don't need to scale each element manually.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  May 19, 2011, 11:25:04 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
As of my current progress, all I did was simply resize the PCX, re-implement it and place it correctly. The bar works, yet it is half its length on the X scale. Fill me in as to what I missed.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#4  May 20, 2011, 08:07:46 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
You need to alter the "range" parameter for it then. It's obviously too small.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
Re: [SOLVED] Lifebar resizing issues
#5  May 30, 2011, 01:09:05 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Solved. Thanks Cyanide.