YesNoOk

Fate/Grand Order (Read 2142733 times)

Started by c001357, August 10, 2015, 05:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fate/Grand Order
#2661  January 20, 2018, 07:14:13 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Valentines event starts from the 25th to the 3rd of February.

http://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2018%2F0119_valentines%2F

We'll also be getting 3 quartz due to the 15k likes/3k shares milestone being reached.

Also I just recently found out that a rainbow animation during a summon doesn't guarantee a 5* Servant, as it could still be a 4*. Wtf, DW? They're taking spook/trolling to a whole new level.

That should be absolutely impossible. A Rainbow animation GUARANTEES a 5* Servant, no questions asked. I never heard or seen someone say they got a 4* from a Rainbow Animation unless it was somehow an error you gotten(like with the weird bug in Halloween where for awhile after the gacha came out, there was a random chance if you got a Gold Assassin Card, Tamamo No Mae will be behind it rather than an Assassin as it would bug out and instead of being Caster, it would be Assassin.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#2662  January 20, 2018, 10:44:42 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
I just realized I burned my Kiyohime. I don't know how long ago that was but I'm really upset at myself.
#2663  January 20, 2018, 01:03:51 pm
burned or a glitch? i'm missing one CE too , the poster girl CE. dunno what happened or how long it was missing but i do remember it was still in my inventory before christmas and after that bug thing. it was good ce too, meh no matter i can get another one this november.
#2664  January 20, 2018, 01:26:36 pm
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
Not sure it was part of the glitch but I might have missed her when I was locking up all my servants before burning everything that wasn't locked (and I started that practice long before the glitch).
#2665  January 20, 2018, 07:17:33 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
I nearly burnt my Lancer Artoria Alter because I forgot to lock her.

It's a damn good idea to lock Servants you always plan to use because it only takes a single tap on accident and not paying attention and you lose a valuable servant/NP fodder.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#2666  January 21, 2018, 06:33:37 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
That should be absolutely impossible. A Rainbow animation GUARANTEES a 5* Servant, no questions asked. I never heard or seen someone say they got a 4* from a Rainbow Animation unless it was somehow an error you gotten(like with the weird bug in Halloween where for awhile after the gacha came out, there was a random chance if you got a Gold Assassin Card, Tamamo No Mae will be behind it rather than an Assassin as it would bug out and instead of being Caster, it would be Assassin.

It's never happened to me since the rainbow only appeared for me twice while the rest of the 5*s I got had no gold/rainbow animation while summoning, but I was reading some testimonials on Reddit the other day that some people have experienced getting 4* servants from a rainbow, with one person claiming that they got Fionn instead of Brynhild when a gold lancer popped out from a rainbow animation.

I just realized I burned my Kiyohime. I don't know how long ago that was but I'm really upset at myself.

You should be, you heathen.

I would have shot myself if I burned mine, since I grailed her and everything. She's a staple on my farming teams.
#2667  January 21, 2018, 11:51:11 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
It is literally impossible to get a 4* off a rainbow.
That's the whole point of a rainbow; gold is to confirm you're getting a SR at minimum, rainbow is a straight up confirmation that you're getting a SSR and nothing below that.
#2668  January 22, 2018, 12:55:13 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
What a week, I only got my Artoria and my MHX to get to 90 now, then I'll pick someone to use my last grail on. Candidates are Nero, Medea, George or Hans. Any suggestions?
#2669  January 22, 2018, 10:55:56 am
fionn is known for being the spookiest lancer. he's just doing what he is intended to do.
#2670  January 22, 2018, 10:05:51 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Just started playing the game a few days ago.
Any advice you guys have for a newcomer?
#2671  January 23, 2018, 01:12:38 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it depends do you want to win at the game or do you want to play waifu maker?

btw, I think waifu maker is the most fun and respectable way to play the game.
#2672  January 23, 2018, 02:31:17 am
  • The Goddess Returns
it depends do you want to win at the game or do you want to play waifu maker?

btw, I think waifu maker is the most fun and respectable way to play the game.

Hear, hear

Just started playing the game a few days ago.
Any advice you guys have for a newcomer?

Okay, I'll give a few tips for a newcomer:

1. If you want to, reroll until you get some strong 4*'s. I have heard that you can't reroll anymore easily for a 5* base(even though I remember I got Waver from the free 10 the game allows you at the start). Unlike in most gacha games, you can easily be carried through by even the 1 star bases of the game as long as you are able to actually strategize around them. 4 star and above primarily makes your life easier when it comes to challenge quests in the future.

2. This goes along with the above but this bears repeating: In the harder difficulty quests, you primarily are going to win through strategy than brute force. You primarily want to focus on not just the damage dealers, but the support and tank units.
The primary Servants you want to look for if you want to take it real slow and easy are:
Hans Andersen: He's basically known as the Budget Waver-Merlin and can save your ass hardcore with his myriad of buffs and his skills. He can buff your Crit Rate for your whole party, buff his NP gauge pretty hard and a strong star generator. And his NP while it has a chance of missing his Attack and Defense buffs, he can give you heal over time which is very valuable.
Saint Georgios: He's simply put, one of the best tanks in the game. He can Taunt the enemies to Attack him, can heal himself, buff his Defense and can gain Guts(which allows him to survive a killing blow).
Cu Chuliann: If I didn't mention him, I would get murdered in the street. To say that Cu is a cockroach is an understatement. The guy practically can be the last person on the team and wipe out bosses by himself if he's tended to well and the player plays it smart. He has Guts, a 3 time evade AND Defense buff(and no, it's not a one time evade, it's a straight up dodge 3 attacks at any time after it's used) and a heal. Not even mentioning his NP has a good chance of instant kill.
Heracles: He's pretty much a slightly weaker variant of Cu. He's a massive Glass Cannon and the first person people will go to for a starter 4 Star Hero you will aim for. A Berserker so there is very few classes will be able to have resistance against him, High Attack on top of that, Evade, Damage Buff and a Guts as well..and that's not even mentioning maxing his bond will give you a Craft Essence(mainly an equip) which will allow him a 3 time Guts at the start of battle on top of that, giving him insane logevity even among the hardiest of Berserkers. On top of that, he has a single target NP(which is very important since there's very few AOE NP which has ST damage).

There are plenty of more Servants that are useful and to aim for(ESPECIALLY Waver) but I will stop for now and you can look for what you should look for here: https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/

3. Don't focus on a single Servant you want.
This seems to be the weirdest thing to say but it's something that is best to figure out now. People have gone crazy saving for Tamamo No Mae and if they didn't get her, they would be super bummed out and will usually quite the game outright. It's best to have a very blaise attitude, especially since Supports unlike again in most other gachas can usually be easily found again and again and have no real cooldowns. So it can take the sting out of not getting the Servant you want by using others at times.

4. Craft Essences are your friends:
Seriously, never underestimate most craft essences. Yeah, most of them are useless but there are some which are very, VERY useful. Even things like Seal Force Designator can work for say Berserkers who are Crit Busters but can't gather Stars to save their life. Knight's Dignity for that insane Crit Boost for Riders and other Servants that can gather stars and do huge Crit Damage,
Even the 3-4 star CE's which buffs your Cards are FAR more helpful than you think they are. But also remember who really works with the CE as well(Don't give Heracles Projection and hope it works with his NP Generation, give him Verdant Sound and he can hit harder with both his Busters and NP)

5. Level Mash:
No seriously, level Mash. She may come off as an extremely weak beginner Servant but trust me, she gets stupid strong as the game goes on and becomes a stupidly strong viable Tank. Hell, at London, she not only gets her level raised to 60, but gains her final skill which allows her to properly tank along with an ST invincibility targetable buff. At the next 2 singularities, all of her skills gain an even bigger buff and her NP will become even stronger. And remember, Mash has ZERO COST, which makes it easier to make teams without her taking up too much space.

And finally
6. Don't bother farming mats until events:
To get stronger skills and to ascend(make your Servants stronger with higher levels) your Servants, you need materials but the rates of most of the mats are TERRIBLE until later on in the game's lifecycle(which ends up become more terrible for the NEW mats they make in exchange and so on). But there is a big silver lining: Events. Events primarily give out mats like candy which make your life easy. Even farming is easier on events, but still atleast do the Class Dailies for Monuments, Statues and Gems since those are far easier to obtain
And finally for that, pick and choose the Servants you want to use before ascending them because otherwise, it's a pain in the ass to actually level your servant if you focus on one too many.

Those are my tips and yeah, it's a massive dump of text so...

#2673  January 23, 2018, 10:14:51 am
rerolling is for chumps accept what the gods have given you! , i did i level and used tamamo cat for 2 months til i got , bonnie&mary , okita and francis.
#2674  January 23, 2018, 11:41:50 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
Hey! I wanted to reroll specifically for the worst SSR on launch and I'm perfectly happy with that!

Anyway, here's some tips:

1. Lock every new unit you get, even those weak looking bronzes and silvers will get you some action later. Plus in an act of irony I burned my Kiyohime.
2. After you NP5 a servant you can go ahead and burn any other copies you pull for prisms, there is no point in keeping dupes.
3. Look up how to CE bomb, it's something I wish I learned a few months ago.
4. Be picky with your friends, like I'm a good friend for example (738,312,882 fr I'm based af), make sure to check out all their support slots to see if they have decent shit.
5. Mashu is cute.
6. Everyone who says mean things about Nero is bad civilization.
7. Speaking of that, always remember:
#2675  January 23, 2018, 12:10:19 pm
add me up too, i've got crit/crit buster servants. 679880977 they are very useful if you want to farm the daily quests oh and do it right now while it's on half ap and you could earn exp cards.

don't believe the star ratings alot of 3 stars and 2 stars are very useful.
max leonidas if you get him, he's a fucking beast. he's a good alternative to mash if you don't like her.
and get your free CE card bond booster in the reward in the top right corner. after level 5 bond level your servants will give you quartz depending on the star level.

oh and another thing don't do single rolls. use your tickets for that.
Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 12:13:36 pm by 地獄の花
#2676  January 24, 2018, 01:37:22 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
I want to whale on this game, but Lady Akiha doesn't pay me enough I can't with that dreaded 1%.

Here's my fiend code if you guys want to add me since I just cleaned up my friend's list: 699722371
#2677  January 24, 2018, 02:33:02 am
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil
Plus, if a servant that you want is a 5 star or a 4 star and you don't want to spend money on the game do all the free quests after you clear a story chapter to collect saint quartz and don't forget to login at least one time everyday to get some login bonus items.
And of course a bit of planning is not bad, the NA server follows a similar update/event dates of JP server (wich is almost 2 years ahead of us) so you can see servants and events that they will release, I recommend these two sites http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/ and http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Event_List there you have a ton of information.

And my Id if anyone is interested: 298398652.
#2678  January 24, 2018, 08:01:03 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Thanks for the tips everyone!  I'll be rechecking them as I learn this game.

I'll definitely be playing this game as a waifu maker. :P
I'm aiming for Tama-
3. Don't focus on a single Servant you want.
This seems to be the weirdest thing to say but it's something that is best to figure out now. People have gone crazy saving for Tamamo No Mae and if they didn't get her, they would be super bummed out and will usually quite the game outright.
Aw dang. :(
lol yeah, I heard the stories of the pull rates for this game.  Enjoying what I happen to get seems to be the best way to enjoy the game for now.
I don't think I'll be rerolling, managed to get Brynhild on my first 10x summon.  Admittedly, I was totally prepared to reroll for ages to get Caster Tamamo, but with that 1%, and how long it took to get the quarts, I'm satisfied with my current result.

Good to hear low rarity units are decent and the game can't be brute forced.  That was one of my main worries.

I'll be adding everyone who's posted their codes here.  Keep an eye out for some noob who decided to name themself Ritsuka and has no idea what they're doing with their friend supports.
I'll probably change that to a proper name once I get bored of seeing that. :P
Code: 590293065

#2679  January 24, 2018, 08:42:01 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
Just got Kiyo back through FP pull =D
Yaaaay.
#2680  January 24, 2018, 09:03:30 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Admittedly, I was totally prepared to reroll for ages to get Caster Tamamo, but with that 1%, and how long it took to get the quarts, I'm satisfied with my current result.

Right, let's address a few things the others forgot to point out starting with the reason I quoted this. The pool of servants you can pull depends on your story progress. The further you are, the more servants you can pull. In the case of Caster Tamamo, she isn't in the servant pool until you beat London. If a servant is the focus of a banner, they ignore this restriction. Basically, you can reroll all you want but unless Tamamo is a focus unit, you will never get her.

The other thing I want to mention is that servants don't level up through battle. They level up by the XP cards. The best way to get these is in the Ember gathering quests in Chaldea Gate. Get acquainted with this spot because the quests here will be your main source of XP cards and statues/monuments.