YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 743817 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#461  July 21, 2018, 03:31:00 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
King K. Rool is a very interesting case. Is he the property of Nintendo or Rare?

Everything Rare created for Donkey Kong belongs wholly to Nintendo.  Their original IPs like Conker and Banjo Kazooie are the only things that stayed with them when they left Nintendo.

I have my own doubts about whether or not K. Rool should be in Smash, but from a copyright perspective there's nothing stopping Nintendo from using him however they want.
#462  July 22, 2018, 09:24:28 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
But, yeah, they could make a better logo than just "Tekken". Ryu's got that stylish "SF" which makes sense, so would a fist be good for Heihachi?

I found this logo and I think the kanji would make a fine choice for a possible playable Heihachi.

Out of curiousity; why would young Heihachi make more sense? His older grey-haired look is much more interesting and unique, especially since Smash doesnt really have a 'fighting grandpa' (besides old mannondorf). It's also his most iconic look.

Both looks as different costumes seems like the best choice IMO.

#463  July 22, 2018, 05:31:22 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Honestly, I really hope Heihachi would be part of the game. He was on Sakurai's mind during Smash 4, and he is known to change his mind.
The only thing I require is the possibility to play Old Man, Heihachi. The "leaks"/"rumours" regarding Heihachi has all been that Young, stupid version. I don't mind if it's an alt, but I'd only use old man, Heihachi, as that's good Heihachi.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#464  July 23, 2018, 03:17:34 am
    • USA
Today's entry is just about the Mii Fighters, but the way it's phrased has me wondering.

You can choose from the three types of Mii Fighter and select from a set of three specials for each type. You can also choose one of 12 voice options!

Does that mean that there's three specials for each input that you can pick from, or three predetermined sets of all 4 specials?  Customization in this game seems to be far less than what Sm4sh had, so I wonder if they're dialing the Miis back too so they can try and make them viable online.
#465  July 23, 2018, 03:25:36 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
not to mention here's what's changed for each mii fighter class since i've been wanting to talk about:

let's start with mii brawler, it has a counter attack where he slams the opponent to the other side

mii swordfighter appears to have different effects like the others

and finally mii gunner's idle stance got changed due to the previous game where the mii gunner's stance is a bit too familiar

all 3 mii fighters got their default costumes changed to be a bit more fitting than the previous game

here's a game trailer for them as well

not to mention that all mii fighters have voices now unlike the previous game where they're silent
#466  July 23, 2018, 03:34:31 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Thankful to see less silent characters if anything. Smash 4 had way too many of them, why has Game and Watch lost his K.O.d sound since Melee? Why didn't Duck Hunt just have some stock dog sounds? Pac could have had hurtsounds like in World, or at least his classic death sound.
#467  July 23, 2018, 03:56:47 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Speaking of voices, I'm still wondering why Olimar and Alph are silent while they have voices in their games.
I also kinda wish Bowser, DK, and Diddy would get their voices from their original games now instead of animal grunts.
#468  July 23, 2018, 04:40:58 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
I'm also wondering why Square will not give Cloud his English voice.
#469  July 23, 2018, 04:42:36 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#470  July 23, 2018, 05:11:36 am
    • Canada
I hear that has to do with union restrictions on his voice actor.
#471  July 24, 2018, 02:53:13 am
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
I also kinda wish Bowser, DK, and Diddy would get their voices from their original games now instead of animal grunts.

At this point, I'd find it weird if they did have their original voices. Heck, I'm on the fence about Marth having an English voice.

*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#472  July 24, 2018, 03:23:34 am
    • Canada
I just like Bowser's regular voice and dislike the one they use for DK.
With characters like Marth, hopefully they'll include a voice option for certain characters like Marvel or XTag.  (And bind these options to player tags)  As opposed to having dual audio, but requiring you to change the voices for all characters.
#473  July 24, 2018, 03:48:41 am
    • USA
Great Plateau Tower on today's blog:

That tiny space underneath the top part has the potential for some crazy matches.  From what I've seen from the demos, if you can hit someone into there at high enough damage and at just the right angle, they just start getting bounced back and forth at warp speed.
#474  July 24, 2018, 10:08:34 am
    • Canada
Smash them while under the platform, watch'em bounce, and tease'em for the number of techs they missed. :P
...Are stages with walls/ceilings still tourney banned?
#475  July 25, 2018, 03:40:58 am
    • USA
Today's update is an F-Zero medley by Takenobu Mitsuyoshi, another Sega house musician.  Lot of Sega artists working on the soundtrack for this game, it seems.

This also marks the first time in at least 15 years that someone who works for Nintendo has acknowledged the existence of F-Zero on purpose.
Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 03:45:59 am by Person Man
#476  July 25, 2018, 03:59:32 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
You know, besides the time they had Captain Falcon beat up some Fire Emblem characters in their own trailer.
#477  July 25, 2018, 04:07:53 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
*Daytona USA intesifies*
#478  July 25, 2018, 04:23:21 am
    • USA
You know, besides the time they had Captain Falcon beat up some Fire Emblem characters in their own trailer.

I would bet money that there are people who work on these things that legitimately believe Captain Falcon is an original character for Smash Bros.  F-Zero is more dead than Mother is.
#479  July 25, 2018, 04:56:41 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Those are some very hurtful comments even if they are true. >:(
#480  July 25, 2018, 06:57:16 am
  • Standalone Tester for Famicom Fighters
    • USA
F-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is that the dude from Daytona USA? Neat.