YesNoOk

Xenomic's Art Thread! GASP! (Read 46315 times)

Started by Xenomic, October 01, 2012, 01:19:20 am
Re: Xenomic's Art Thread! GASP!
#141  July 30, 2016, 01:25:53 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/

Howdy! Been a long time! Normally, I wouldn't bump this thread without showing SOMETHING, but...well, I haven't touched anything since that very last sprite. I'm thinking about once again getting into spriting (I know I said this 3 months ago too, though the constant BSoDs I was having kinda put a damper on that. Thankfully, I got a new HDD and RAM so that's no longer an issue), and am thinking of picking Nala back up, since I would like to finish that for Alan. All that I really need left to do for rough drafting is that arm, which was one of the big things that kept me from finishing it (didn't know what pose to go with and didn't have any good references to work with). I also need to fix up other things here and there, such as the pants (the primary thing there), and some other things here and there. But once I get that arm down, then I should be able to finish the rest of the sprite. I hope. I might also try to finish Lenna since she was halfway done with the rough draft too (though same issues as before. Didn't know what to do with poses and positioning, and just lost motivation afterwards).

For those who don't remember Lenna's sprite, it's ok. That was 2 years ago. Here's where is still stands:

Don't ask why her face is already shaded. Maria was like that, as well as Nala. I think it's because I took the faces directly from characters and the shading was still there (for instance, Nala's head is from May's, while I THINK Lenna's is from...Shannon from Ougon??
#142  July 30, 2016, 01:28:11 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Oh wow, that's looking great so far. Can't wait for the finished product. :)
This is a generic forum signature.
#143  July 30, 2016, 03:00:32 am
    • USA

Thanks. I was using a combination of a pose from the iOS version of the game in conjunction with fanart to work with this. I THINK they're somewhere in the thread actually. If not, I could always look for them, I'm sure I got them on my external somewhere with the sprite. Whether or not I get to this is another thing.

(Oh, apparently it was Jam Kuradoberi I was using as a base for Lenna. Would explain the face being shaded at least).

For funsies, here's the references:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#144  August 02, 2016, 07:41:34 am
    • USA

So, since I'm sooooo bored and don't want to work on wiki, nor have any idea on what to do for Touhou Fantasy (and can't stream because streaming wants to lock up my computer it feels like? I haven't messed with the settings in OBS Studio too much so I'm not sure if the bitrate is too high or something else or CPU is going bad or what), so I decided to attempt a bit more spriting for Nala. I want to at least finish her before I do anything else. Lenna MIGHT be next, and then...I don't know! I may want to attempt to try someone...interesting I guess?

Big shoutout to Graphicus for pointing some things out to me (though there's obviously some things not fixed up yet like the legs/pants.) and...I forget who helped with some other things over on RPGMaker.net (which Graphicus was ALSO going to show me but I found the references before he did it up lol). I at least got that arm going (thanks to Lilica's sprite. I actually found a freaking arm sprite to help with that! I was going to have her arm bend outwards but decided to just go with this arm), so now I just need to do the hand which is going to be the hard part (since I want her to be holding her baton in that hand, but...well, I don't know of any sprites that'll help me with that. Any FEMALE sprites anyways, since Sol definitely isn't helping (he holds his sword in his other hand anyways) and...well, yeah!). I also adjusted face and torso a bit more so...hopefully that's better there? ^^; I put a blue outline on her clothes too to help tell where the hell things were.