YesNoOk

Valodim's Thread 2004 (Read 169206 times)

Started by Nunor, January 15, 2004, 04:44:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Valodim's Thread
#701  November 30, 2004, 03:42:30 am
It'd have helped to separate things that aren't related to Mugen but ends up being either in the creator help or in the setup help (while it's clearly specified these ones are for Mugen questions only). Anyway, maybe my 2nd suggestion (to change the description of the setup help board) is more appealing to you?

Otherwise I "fear" what already happened in the topic I linked to: guys will post in wrong places. From what I see in the boards descriptions, the only place that fits topics like that is the "General Discussion": discuss about what you want.

Oh, and I know that technical questions not related to Mugen is not exactly what this forum is for, but if we can help people from time to time about that, then why not?

Another thing related to the help section: IMO the "creator help" board should be made for creators asking help about their own stuff, or for others to ask about real bugs in other guys' creations. And the board description should reflect that. <-- hell, even mods don't know where to put some topics; I've seen the same topic moved back and forth at least 4 times by 2 different mods.  And I don't even talk about the dozen of "MOVED" topics. :P

I suggest to make topics deletable by regular users when:
a) it's their own topic.
b) nobody replied yet.

...like it was in the previous forum.

I suggest to add a flag-on-mouse-over-icon to the warning icons on the little profiles...

...like there was in the previous forum.

I suggest to fix the "recount total" bug (it doesn't work for the inbox).
Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 03:47:24 am by Suave Dude
#702  November 30, 2004, 10:40:59 am
It'd have helped to separate things that aren't related to Mugen but ends up being either in the creator help or in the setup help (while it's clearly specified these ones are for Mugen questions only). Anyway, maybe my 2nd suggestion (to change the description of the setup help board) is more appealing to you?

Otherwise I "fear" what already happened in the topic I linked to: guys will post in wrong places. From what I see in the boards descriptions, the only place that fits topics like that is the "General Discussion": discuss about what you want.

You mean like the topic about SFMAME? Since I guess it's on Mugen creation purpose (in that case, ripping) the right section would be Creation Help.
I wasn't a mod yet, but I would have kept it in my section :yes:, like I'll keep every topic about emulators questions, artmoney help, etc... as long as the starter's goal is creating for Mugen.

IMO the "creator help" board should be made for creators asking help about their own stuff, or for others to ask about real bugs in other guys' creations.

About the latter, no.
I think that fixing one char's bug is relevant to the Setup & Config Help section. If it's about modifying a char to his personal tastes, then sure. Such topics are welcomed in my section.

hell, even mods don't know where to put some topics; I've seen the same topic moved back and forth at least 4 times by 2 different mods.  And I don't even talk about the dozen of "MOVED" topics. :P

I was the first moving this topic. And now that you mention it, I saw that KFM moved it back to Creation Help, but it wasn't me who then move it back again to Setup & Config Help ???
I should have splitted it, keeping the part about writing your code in the def.

(Hmm... guess I'll have to make a sticky soon)
Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 11:04:00 am by Matmut
#703  November 30, 2004, 12:17:16 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona

I'd be more inclined to first make a change in the Creation Help section's description so that it'll cover things like ripping sprites, sounds or other sorts of data - currently it focuses on Mugen's files, and there's more to the process than those...

You mean like the topic about SFMAME? Since I guess it's on Mugen creation purpose (in that case, ripping) the right section would be Creation Help.
I wasn't a mod yet, but I would have kept it in my section :yes:, like I'll keep every topic about emulators questions, artmoney help, etc... as long as the starter's goal is creating for Mugen.

:yes:

IMO the "creator help" board should be made for creators asking help about their own stuff, or for others to ask about real bugs in other guys' creations.

About the latter, no.
I think that fixing one char's bug is relevant to the Setup & Config Help section. If it's about modifying a char to his personal tastes, then sure. Such topics are welcomed in my section.

If the bug is preventing the character from running, Setup & Config would be the place - otherwise, if it's for some personal improvement or customization (for example, changing a portrait, or an animation's speed, an attack's damage, or removing a whole state, or making some effect transparent, or something more complex than any of those) Creation Help is the place - even if it's not for something to be released, what's asked and answered may be important to help the person get used to mess around with Mugen's files, an experience which will be useful if that person ever gets round to creating something from scratch, or at least fit for release under some other circumstances (like coding a character from a sprite pack, for example).
#704  December 04, 2004, 04:37:00 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Chat stats are messed. :P

User
this week    2 hours 2 minutes   
this month    1 hour 57 minutes

This was locked by an administrator. You cannot unlock it.
I'm an admin!? o_O :sugoi:

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 04:44:40 pm by Messatsu
#705  December 04, 2004, 05:23:27 pm
I'm an admin!? o_O :sugoi:
Yes. Since Val became a mod. :gugoi:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 05:24:58 pm by Suave Dude
#706  December 04, 2004, 05:24:52 pm
  • In after lock
???

I locked my thread and want to unlock it.

#707  December 04, 2004, 05:26:10 pm
It happened to me, too... I had the choice of either telling someone from the staff about it, or shutting my mouth.  :(
#708  December 04, 2004, 05:33:01 pm
  • In after lock

#709  December 05, 2004, 12:43:51 am
What about the other suggestions?

New one: to split the "Tips and Tutorials" into 2 board: "Tips" and "Tutorials". Otherwise we have this:
:thumbsdown: mixed with... this: :thumbsup:

:(
#710  December 05, 2004, 02:38:16 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Or just a simple rename from "Tips and Tutorials" to "Tutorials and Fixes"
Tips are generally just given out in the WIP section anyway :yes:
#711  December 05, 2004, 05:19:44 am
  • In after lock
My wip thread. :D

#712  December 05, 2004, 05:57:18 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Done. I tried to find why you can't unlock your threads but everything seems correct with your permissions ???

And if by tuesday you don't have the fireball rips from SF3 I'll get them.

You always ask for stuff on fridays and I work SAT, SUN, and MON... and just usually don't do much mugen stuff on fridays (wrapping up things I should have done during the week in one day)
#713  December 05, 2004, 11:22:23 am
    • Germany
#714  December 05, 2004, 06:30:49 pm
  • In after lock
Stats for the chatroom. -> chat stats. :P

You always ask for stuff on fridays
I do?  Seems to be the only time when I have time to dedicate to Mugen lately.  I try to do my homework on Saturday or Sunday.  And *cough* I would be working weekdays if this place didn't screw with my background check.  Now I sit here waiting. >:(

#715  December 08, 2004, 08:11:01 pm
  • In after lock

#716  December 08, 2004, 09:40:25 pm
    • Germany
sup?
#717  December 08, 2004, 10:18:28 pm
You maybe take too long to apply some of the things you promised us, รด dear Admin.
#718  December 08, 2004, 10:26:44 pm
    • Germany
updated/moved/dumped...
#719  December 08, 2004, 10:42:42 pm
I suggest a little cleaning for the announcements board. News like "KOF2003 releases allowed" could be dumped and a few others could be moved to this very board.

Why are you answering Messatsu's request so quickly?  >:(
Because he bumps? You don't love me?  :'(  :P

:furious3: http://www.mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=12928.0 :furious3:
I suggest a black shading around the yellow letters for level 2 warnings... since it looks crappy on blue (as seen there):
Shin akuma please anyone?
I think the one that mario made is the best.
requesting a character twice for the third time.

or white backgrounds:  requesting a character twice for the third time.

And... a PM from Nunor? What's that? :muh:
Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 11:06:00 pm by Suave Dude
#720  December 08, 2004, 11:17:08 pm
    • Germany
a shading? do you mean background? that would look even more stupid &gt;_&gt;