YesNoOk

Characters and roster discussion. (Read 15550 times)

Started by Bastard Mami, August 18, 2011, 12:21:55 am
Share this topic:
Characters and roster discussion.
#1  August 18, 2011, 12:21:55 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
This topic is to keep track/talk about the characters that will make it to the game: again all characters are female with poison beign the only exception while the sprites don't have to be pure cvs style they should at least be 2d looking enough to not clash horribly; so no rendered or kof characters.

Blair dame: sprites edited by dampir, most of her moves are kept from the sfex series.

Raiya: sprited edited by me, movelist heavily changed from angel eyes, that will happen to most shotoesque females; it's one thing to the the only "shoto" in your game but filling a game with only female shotos is not something I think it's fun. she keeps the projectile and the dp lost most of her other specials but gained a jump special attack with multiple follow ups.

Tifa: based of the knuckle fighter character not the mugen one, still waiting for permission for a release, she is a rush chaarcter with no projectiles but has both grabs and multi hit moves, her frame rate is kinda low because of the source game.

Samus: based of her brawl incarnation, she's got too many moves so it is hard to balance her, might end up giving her two modes, I still neeed to recolor her sprites so she does not look like she is wearing a pajama, will ahve very few sounds and is seriously lacking on fx (thoguh the same can eb said for most of the game¿s characters).

Mai : based on her cvs incarnation, will play more like her 2002 version, probably only witha  few extra moves, she is like 30% done as only her basics are in place.

Sakura: will call her clone sakura or sakura-1, since I have plans to create her sakura ganbaru/rival school post story version; probably the most difficult one to work on as she also has a lot of moves and i got a lot of sprites that I edited over the years since i planned to
make a version of sakura very similar to rogue, in the sense that she would be able to learn move as you progressed; in the end  dropped that idea but there are a lot of left overs from those templates all over my work. in one of the modes she will play a lot like her cvs1 version, while the other will be mostly arranged.

Taki: I feel bad because nobody has used dampir's set, so I plan to make her for my game; she will pla completely different to her soulcalibur counterpart ofr obvious reasons, i still plan to keep some of her iconics moves and force them to fit in the game, will be a simple chainer , more like elizabeth than angel. this is 0%.

Poison: I will mix up elements from sxt and cfas, based of dampir's set. this is 0%.
Re: Characters and roster discussion.
#2  October 09, 2011, 03:51:53 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
I like the roster.....
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#3  November 12, 2011, 04:40:50 pm
Where Can I find this  Damphir  I would like get some sprites from him/her.
#4  November 12, 2011, 05:11:20 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
he posts in the projects forum and the shared resources one.
#5  November 12, 2011, 05:39:56 pm
thanks
#6  March 17, 2012, 01:57:14 pm
I have some roster idea :
Ivy (Soul Calibur)
Christie (Tekken)
Peach (Mario Bros)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
Lili (Tekken)
Asuka Kazama (Tekken)
Kasumi (Dead or Alive)
Ibuki (Street Fighter)
Amy Rose (Sonic)
Sorry for classmaters I don't speak english lol
#7  March 19, 2012, 12:51:19 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Ivy (Soul Calibur)

- green already made a version for regular mugen, I have always been interested on porting her in, but not convinced

Christie (Tekken)
- not interesting for me, I have not played the latest tekken games anyway and there is no sprite set of her that I could use

Peach (Mario Bros)
- i don't see her as a fighter and there is no available sprite set

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
- saem as peach

Lili (Tekken)
- I would consider her if there was a sprite set available, but I would still have to play her in tekken/sxt to see if I actually like her fighting style

Asuka Kazama (Tekken)
- same as lily

Kasumi (Dead or Alive)
- there are sprite sets of her iw ould have to retouch them, biggest problem here again being not knowing her fighting style at all.

Ibuki (Street Fighter)
- the sprites need heavy edits, I liked her a lot in sf3 but i don't know if she would work well in my system

Amy Rose (Sonic)
- not interested
#8  June 12, 2012, 12:23:31 pm
Great to see you're adding additional characters
#9  October 27, 2012, 03:02:51 pm
I would like to see Krystal and Fara from Star Fox in there.
#10  November 03, 2012, 04:06:31 am
#11  November 03, 2012, 05:10:47 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Any mortal kombat female?
#12  November 05, 2012, 04:51:20 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I would like to see Krystal and Fara from Star Fox in there.

not likely to happen, I am not into furries and sprites do not exist.

Have you considered Rei Oyama from the Power Instinct Series? around 1:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUzfkdKGHXM

Or Virginia from Million Knoghts Vermillion (around 4:01)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0etQeuLmXqk

yah, I considered both, regarding rin I don't have the sprites, I might go for her if I get sprites. about virginia , I like her but the way they made her sprites does not work for me.

Any mortal kombat female?

I don't like them enough to, it's not like a good sprite set exist either.
#13  November 22, 2012, 11:23:48 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
No need on saying this, but if you want to count with Rose and C. Viper feel free ;)!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#14  November 23, 2012, 12:10:55 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
thanks I have considered them for later iterations of the game.