YesNoOk

Doctor Who Thread (Read 562732 times)

Started by Nucka, January 08, 2010, 03:54:37 am
Share this topic:
Re: Doctor Who Thread
#321  November 08, 2015, 12:26:03 am
Okay, that was a decent way to wrap up this mess. Not great, but better than last week. And a good call back to the War Doctor, that was much more on-topic than the political creep lurking in the back, and it's a lot more interesting for the Doctor's character. Channeling a bit of Ten too, forgiving the Master and all.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 12:35:00 am by DKDC
#322  November 09, 2015, 10:02:33 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Agreed. It wasn't great but a good ending and much better paced episode.
#323  November 15, 2015, 05:40:45 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Uhhhh... What happened? Even the Doctor didn't know what happened. Is that ending going to lead to something? I'm so confused.
#324  November 15, 2015, 06:38:42 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Basically

But for real, that episode was terrifying.
#325  November 15, 2015, 07:18:03 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I got that. But it feels like it should lead into something and don't know if I want it to or not :p
#326  November 15, 2015, 08:07:30 pm
    • UK
#327  November 16, 2015, 04:21:13 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
man, i'm really liking this season of doctor who... even if it's making me unable to sleep at night (also, that flickering light in my kitchen isn't helping)
Spoiler: did you noticed? (click to see content)

and next week the doctor finally took a shower, comb his hair and isn't dressed like your dad or granddad when he goes to get the sunday newspaper

also, doctor who use the "found footage" gimmick better than... everyone else
Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 04:26:48 am by Bastard Wolf
#328  November 17, 2015, 03:46:58 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So I fell behind for a while only just now had a chance to watch the Zygon two parter.  I agree with the sentiment that it felt weirdly politically charged when it didn't really need to be, but the ending managed to save it.

Also if they don't stop teasing us with objectively cooler replacements for Clara and then not delivering I'm going to fucking scream.  First Ashildr, and now Osgood.
#329  November 22, 2015, 04:36:10 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Well managed to catch up on while last week's episode and yeah, terrifying as fuck, but all I have to say about tonight's episode is...

#330  November 22, 2015, 02:48:07 pm
So in the end, those episodes that were part of the season's main arc setup were the less impressive ones. The trap thing came up just because, and Ashildr's journey to get to there was set up just because.
I'm really hoping Ashildr isn't the next companion like some sites are wondering. She's just bad. I don't mean she's badly written, but she'd be insufferable as a companion. She's the least trustworthy potential companion ever and it's easy to hate her, she's been nothing but a screw-up and she's making it all out to be the Doctor's fault for reviving her.
Oh, JNP was right on the "Clara is trusting too much that the Doctor will fix everything, it's gonna end badly" thing.
Spoiler: She's all, like, (click to see content)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 02:58:38 pm by DKDC
#331  November 22, 2015, 05:33:44 pm
#332  November 22, 2015, 10:11:29 pm
    • USA
Motherfucking Doctor Who facebook page spoiled the ending of this episode for me before I could watch it.  >_>

Also, was I the only one here who fucking hated Sleep No More?  Every other episode in this season has been between fantastic and pretty good, but that one was just complete trash.

Ugh.  It has been a hot minute since there's been an episode of this show I've flat-out hated, but goddamn that was a trainwreck.
Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 12:53:29 am by Person Man
#333  November 23, 2015, 04:43:54 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Totally agree. Sleep No More was the most horrible episode in a long time. I didn't like Zygon Invasion but I absolutely hated SNM. Zygon at least had a redeeming 2nd half too.

A lot needed to be changed to make SNM salvageable but I really wish they'd had a better excuse for the Eye Boogers.
Like the Sandman was mad. Or the dreams manifested into the eye boogers. Anything other than what they did!

As for the Raven ep.
#334  November 24, 2015, 12:18:14 am
    • USA
Spoiler: Raven spoilers (click to see content)
#335  November 29, 2015, 05:21:21 am
Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:31:22 am by Bastard Wolf
#336  November 29, 2015, 12:02:11 pm
    • UK
Everytime i think this season can't get better,they exceed my expectations.
Goddamn

#337  November 29, 2015, 01:21:35 pm
    • USA
Agreed, that was a really great episode.  Capaldi was absolutely at the top of his game.  Although it does raise a lot of weird questions.

I hope the finale manages to clear all this up in a decent way.
#338  November 30, 2015, 06:00:30 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I just finished watching it and I loved it! I'm going to watch it again now because it'll get even better on replay. This ep was a work of beauty.
#339  November 30, 2015, 06:40:52 pm
    • USA
Peter Jackson just announced that he's going to be directing an episode of Doctor Who next season by way of a pretty great video wherein he ignores emails from Steven Moffat while polishing his Oscars.

I can't fucking wait.
#340  November 30, 2015, 06:41:17 pm
Agreed, that was a really great episode.  Capaldi was absolutely at the top of his game.  Although it does raise a lot of weird questions.

I hope the finale manages to clear all this up in a decent way.
Well, in the first place, we have no idea how a confession dial is supposed to work at all, so they can show it however they want, it doesn't really bother me.

Peter Jackson just announced that he's going to be directing an episode of Doctor Who next season by way of a pretty great video wherein he ignores emails from Steven Moffat while polishing his Oscars.

I can't fucking wait.
... And Peter Capaldi tumbling around from behind LOL.

By the way, that already kills the impressions that the teaser for the season finale about "regeneration in progress" are hinting that Capaldi is already making a surprise departure. That didn't last long.
Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:48:34 pm by DKDC