YesNoOk

Famicom Fighters (Progress Thread) (Read 1017759 times)

Started by KingPepe2010, May 26, 2013, 09:08:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Famicom Fighters (Progress Thread)
#421  April 28, 2017, 06:15:34 pm
  • stand by
Downloading now

#422  April 28, 2017, 06:17:14 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
I love how you did that mario blow up animation and also, I can't wait to see Thonolan!
#423  May 02, 2017, 01:28:56 am
    • USA
KrangPeep came lat to his schedule and missed april fool! Good thin compomises exist! Introducing Blamicom Fihgter!

Blamicom fighter is an all new origina game with 33 battle hero to choose from including originlas, character from 70 people, and brand new character like Nokonoko and Falcom!

GET AM NOW! https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByfYtxZxeVJaaGZCYzM3eTh3V28|
                                                                                              :dadadadaa:

(This build does use other custom characters from mugen forums, but all of the custom character's developers are in their respective def files as the author of the code used for that character. I can take this down if you want, because this is only a project i made because there wasn't an april fools build.)
#424  May 02, 2017, 05:08:27 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Family Fighters 3 happened. And it was amazing. Amazing in the sense that it was super accurate to Kart Fighter.
#425  May 02, 2017, 01:15:24 pm
    • USA
This build i made is a bit more like 70 fighters instead of ff3, but still ff3 was good stuff. update patch when
#426  May 03, 2017, 08:19:03 pm
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA
Admittedly, I skipped on April Fools' this year because I've been dealing with a bunch of crap and my motivation kinda dropped during that time which affected Famicom Fighters. (I do apologize that I haven't been giving much updates in terms of progress) When I got around to being able to work on Famicom Fighters again, I noticed April Fools' would be coming up and I ditched the idea of making an April Fools build entirely. (However, if you saw the extra stage in the recent build, you'd see the dancing Koopas were not forgotten) I felt like it wasn't fair at that point to stop progress again on the main game to work on some silly joke build. The fact there's been a long period since the last public build also made me want to get the new one out with Dig Dug out as soon as possible.

@craftersshaft: ...when I made 70 Pepoles, the whole idea of it (other than just being a stupid joke) was it was trying to be some kind of unauthorized hack while also poking fun and borrowing some things from other certain bootleg hacks/games. (Some might've been a bit too obscure; an example for the people that didn't catch on to this, the spriteswaps of Simon involving Bomberman, Ryu and Dig Dug were a reference to Mari Street Fighter III Turbo where Zangief, E. Honda and Balrog were just lazy spriteswaps of Guile). Even if I did another April Fools', I wouldn't want to use the exact same theme again. (Family Fighters 3 Special is an obvious example, it was basically "What if Famicom Fighters was a port done by Hummer Team")

Your attempt is basically just a lazy compilation of Famicom Fighters, 70 Pepoles and a bunch of stuff from other people with Club Penguin thrown in for no reason whatsoever. In a nutshell, it's shit and misses the point of what 70 Pepoles did.

@MR. IBZS II: Even though I guess it was a bit less joke-y than 70 Pepoles was, I'm more proud of how Family Fighters 3 Special turned out. I wish I started development much earlier so I didn't have to rush it. (I had to ditch programming the AI and there's some unintentional bugs here and there (the ones that weren't supposed to be replicating the Street Fighter Zero 2 97/King of Fighters 96 engine))
might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 08:52:38 pm by KingPepe2010
#427  May 03, 2017, 09:36:32 pm
    • USA
I was bsaically making a little joke build of famicom fighters like april fools but not exactly april fools. it's basically just "what if i spriteswapped this with this and added some characters from 70 peoples in it". the club penguin stuff was just a random thing i did because on a whim i wondered if anyone actually made any club penguin mugen characters, and suprisingly someone did. it was also sorta becuase of the shutdown of the game but mostly it was a "throw it in" sort of deal. idk, i was just making something randomly. should i just delete it?
#428  May 14, 2017, 07:23:17 pm
    • USA
BGC Forums
#429  May 28, 2017, 07:33:38 pm
  • New to mugen but first character was a hit.
    • Canada
    • theultimatebrawlmaster@gmail.com
It sounds like that Bomberman's bugs cannot get anymore noticeable. Well I found another bug in Bomberman involving the same pixel thing. Except it is very different.

Whenever Bomberman does his move "destruction" from just a few pixels off he goes back into standing but does not continue with the animation where he picks up the opponent. As for that the opponent is frozen in place not being hitable with no collision boxes. I tried to make the opponent unfrozen but nothing actually seemed to work. The only way you can unfreeze the opponent is to either hit F1 or press F4 to restart the round. As for the image here it is.

As for the game itself keep up the good work Kingpepe. I hope that the next few characters would be great.

16 bit Sonic all the way for creating!
Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:44:06 pm by Gamerduck13
#430  May 28, 2017, 09:44:54 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafĂ­o.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Your website for download expired dude
#431  May 29, 2017, 03:08:54 am
    • USA
@Gamerduck13: Nice catch, I'll probably release a new bug fix patch either sometime tomorrow or Tuesday.

@Memo: I posted alternate download links above although turns out I forgot to update the first post. ._.
Thank you for the reminder though!
BGC Forums
Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:05:11 am by KingPepe2010
#432  May 30, 2017, 04:08:45 am
    • USA
New bug fix update!:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zor7514qwk7kory/Famicom%20Fighters%20-%205-29-17.zip?dl=0

General
----------------------
-Meter has been reworked a bit, the meter gained depends on the attack type rather than damage. Basic attacks will also grant meter just for preforming them. (Varies depending on the type but it's a small amount generally) (In case you're wondering, this wasn't part of the "bug fix" and was going to be implemented in the next character update but I couldn't be bothered to change it all back)

Urban Champion
----------------------
-Fixed issue where Urban Champ would pass through opponents during Dodge's punch.

Dig Dug
----------------------
-Recovery on dashes have been shortened
-Invincibility on super grab is corrected
-Increased range on Toss Up
-Damage decreased on Earth Shatter (including EX), damage buff on Standing Light Kick, Standing Hard Kick, Crouching Light Kick, Crouching Strong Kick, Jumping Light Kick

Simon
----------------------
-Holy Flame and Medusa's Wrath's charge times are made easier
-EX Backflip should come out easier now (Power Charge kept prioritizing over it)

Bomberman
----------------------
-Fixed issue with Destruction when it hits at max range.
BGC Forums
#433  June 15, 2017, 03:40:46 am
    • USA
Hmmmm...
BGC Forums
#434  June 15, 2017, 10:39:35 pm
    • USA
YESS PLEASE
#435  June 17, 2017, 05:06:32 pm
    • Brazil
    • Skype - Antonio Quirino
YES YES YES PLEASE ADD NETPLAY PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
#436  June 27, 2017, 12:23:40 am
    • Brazil
btw about Billy bob, if u don't know what sprite use, i think u should use the cutscenes sprite styles.
#437  June 28, 2017, 07:01:40 pm
  • Japan
    • Japan
I thought of some fighter ideas...

#438  July 05, 2017, 07:45:11 pm
    • USA
Character-wise, I'm only considering main characters or famous playable characters. However, I do like your concept of Kane/Jason from Blaster Master and Goemon!
BGC Forums
#439  July 06, 2017, 05:07:28 pm
    • Brazil
Vic Viper And Twin-bee (stinger version) could be helpers for konami man (if he gets in) and the first list of characters only work as bosses (obviously)
Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 05:22:39 pm by AntonioQuirino
#440  September 06, 2017, 06:34:34 pm
    • USA
Sneak peek of an extra stage that will be included in the next build. Some of you may recognize it from Family Fighters 3 Special (but bigger and with more color):

Tomorrow, I'll be able to show footage of something special... Famicom Fighters will finally have a bonus stage.
BGC Forums