YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1575465 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#8921  March 22, 2019, 04:18:43 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I'm more of a "personal console" point of view thinking of an extension of the smartphone that you carry around that has everything you play, I know a couple years back there was something about plugging a smartphone on a support and it literally becomes your PC tower, just plug the screen and the mouse+keyboard on the support, but that didn't make a lot of noise and it was one specific brand of smartphone.

yup, dock station, my sister loves samsung phones so I just told her about that last week.
#8922  March 23, 2019, 01:11:00 am
Stadia controller just looks like the gamepad I use, which functions as a PC/Xbox/Android gamepad and costs less than $20.

#8923  March 23, 2019, 03:34:38 pm
  • There's no such thing as the real world.
    • USA
In other news, Gearbox seems to be laboring under the delusion that there are still people who are unironically interested in Duke Nukem in the year of our lord 2019.

Seems to be some new game they'll be announcing at PAX that's a crossover with Bulletstorm.  Because combining one of the most legendarily disappointing games of all time with a massive financial failure is sure to equal a hit, right?
Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 01:19:25 am by Person Man
#8924  March 24, 2019, 01:09:11 am
  • The Best Not-So-Good Fighting Game Player
  • I'm the definition of "Casual Gamer"...
    • USA
    • twitch.tv/joeythetrickyplays
Seems to be some new game they'll be announcing at PAX that's a crossover with Bulletstorm.  Because combining one of the most legendarily disappointing games of all time with a massive financial failure is sure to equal a hit, right?

Damn, now I'm trying to think of ANY time in gaming history where two wrongs made a right...
#8925  March 24, 2019, 02:42:59 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

They crossed over with Bulletstorm before.  Not saying this is a smart decision, but it's nothing new.  Personally, I'd have gone for throwing him in that new Borderlands that equally is always put further off, he'd fit in there perfectly.  Granted, part of the joke was Duke Nukem was largely out of place in Bulletstorm, but still.

I'd be interested in something new with Duke if they were actually still self-aware that they're a joke and/or parody on 80's action films.  As a modern game, it could be a hilarious time throwing his dated worldview into a modern day scenario.  Like a G.I. Joe dealing with real terrorists deal.  But they have to actually, you know, take the piss out of Duke, make fun of everything he's known for.  Make it gaming's roast of Duke Nukem.
#8926  March 24, 2019, 03:40:26 am
  • Time to give back to this place. Starting now.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Make it gaming's roast of Duke Nukem.

This all the way, the few things I can think of is roasting Duke and comparing him to a dinosaur that's too stubborn to change. I will always have a soft spot for Duke Nukem but he really needs something good in the long run.
#8927  March 24, 2019, 04:49:42 pm
  • üks muretu olend
    • Finland
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 got announced suddenly.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#8928  March 26, 2019, 12:39:54 am
  • Chicken! Fight like a robot!
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
#8929  March 26, 2019, 12:45:20 am
    • USA

Hm.  I've had 1/2 Genie Hero and Pirate's Curse for ages now and still have yet to play them beyond their openings.  Just other interests come up.  Once again might have to consider them before this comes out.

They changed the way she's drawn again.  Shame, I did like the art style in use with 1/2 Genie Hero, certainly more colorful.  This looks more genericly cookie-cutter modern anime.  Eh, ah well.
#8930  March 26, 2019, 02:56:13 am
    • USA
Hells yes new Shantae!  I have such a fondness for this series that I can't fully explain.  It's just such a feel-good series for me; like I know I can always boot up any one of them and have fun.
#8931  March 26, 2019, 05:53:20 am
  • Sluggo is lit
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Just a general FYI: Super Robot Wars T for PS4 and Switch has officially been released, with the English language version available now! A small caveat about the Switch version: there's no South East Asian eShop (which is Nintendo's fault, not theirs), so Bandai Namco is... not releasing any of the DLC for the South East Asia release (which is the one with an English translation). They are however making the "First Print Bonus" content available as an update for the SEA Switch release, but it seems like all the other DLC missions will otherwise be completely unavailable. Although apparently there's also the Hong Kong release is also in English? And it does have an eShop? I've only seen this referenced and I haven't actually been able to verify that 100%, so... I dunno!

anyways, SRW T looks like a real hoot and people seem to be enjoying it a lot. Mine's still in the mail though. The wait is killing me. :(

now go and watch this fucking amazing Cowboy Bebop animation from the game
#8932  March 26, 2019, 06:31:25 am
  • Time to give back to this place. Starting now.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Ooh, you in the same boat as my cousin, they still waiting on they stuff as well.
#8933  March 27, 2019, 05:57:00 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Dance Central is back after a long hiatus.

I wonder if it will be part of the Xbox2's Hololens technology?
SILVER said:
Saberblade, you're so full of yourself. Your quotes in your signature are like a self circle jerk. Its sad that you put so much emphasis on what the stupid members here say.
Tuxedo Biccy said:
You shut your mouth, Sarblade, we can have truth and facts interrupting our dystopia fanfics. :P
#8934  March 28, 2019, 12:49:32 am
Just a general FYI: Super Robot Wars T for PS4 and Switch has officially been released, with the English language version available now! A small caveat about the Switch version: there's no South East Asian eShop (which is Nintendo's fault, not theirs)

What a mess :\
#8935  March 28, 2019, 04:52:49 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Dance Central is back after a long hiatus.

I wonder if it will be part of the Xbox2's Hololens technology?

It's going to be with the Oculus. Damn I need to save a lot of money for the PS5, Switch and Xbox2, and now this.  :wall:

Hoping it will expand the platform to the Xbox2's Holo Lens cause this one won't allow spinning moves  :mwhy:

SILVER said:
Saberblade, you're so full of yourself. Your quotes in your signature are like a self circle jerk. Its sad that you put so much emphasis on what the stupid members here say.
Tuxedo Biccy said:
You shut your mouth, Sarblade, we can have truth and facts interrupting our dystopia fanfics. :P
#8936  March 28, 2019, 08:28:28 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
And now it’s time for Franchises other than Half-Life that can count to three.

#8937  March 28, 2019, 10:12:57 pm
    • USA

It looks like Borderlands 2 but with more and prettier.  This is a good thing, was hoping it wouldn't deviate too far from what simply works over the years.  Don't fix what ain't broken and all that.

Something I have been wondering about since 2 and the Pre-Sequel though is what their direction for the story is going to be.  2 ended with all the vaults on Pandora having been done and dealt with, but we're given a map to go to other planets with their own vaults.  Pre-Sequel and Tales form the Borderlands implies Handsome Jack's still alive as an A.I. if I recall correctly.  But leaving Pandora would mean giving up all the locals that the series is known for, the bandits and such.  Just reaching as far as Pandora's Moon was an extreme for them.  This certainly LOOKS like we're still on Pandora, but they say we're dealing with "planets" plural, so maybe it starts on Pandora as we get a ship ready then go elsewhere?

I do hope though they at least find a way to balance vehicles better this time around.  Ramming enemies had a 50/50 chance of one-hit killing something or stopping you dead in your tracks doing nothing, and they just handled like they were pulled out of Jak 3.
#8938  March 28, 2019, 11:09:12 pm
    • USA
Oh shit yes.  I'm so ready for this.

Interesting to see Rhys from Tales of the Borderlands show up here, even if it's likely just a plot contrivance to keep Handsome Jack in the series.  I wonder if the story will wrap up the cliffhanger that TotB ended on.
#8939  March 28, 2019, 11:15:50 pm
    • USA

I don't even remember it ending on a cliffhanger, its been so long.  I just remember the Power Rangers parody.  Highlighting how awkward combat in a Telltale game is.
#8940  March 28, 2019, 11:17:43 pm
    • USA
Yeah, the very last scene was some obvious sequel bait that never went anywhere since Telltale went belly-up.