YesNoOk

Make the camera follow the PLAYER ??? (Read 3222 times)

Started by mkfreak89, March 15, 2019, 10:56:23 pm
Share this topic:
Make the camera follow the PLAYER ???
#1  March 15, 2019, 10:56:23 pm
Hello i would like to know what i should change to make the camera follow the characters when they jump kinda like in this image here, i have one stage which seems to work in that way but i cant figure out how to set it up for my other stages ???

Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:04:45 pm by mkfreak89
Re: Make the camera follow the PLAYER ???
#2  March 16, 2019, 12:36:40 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
If you mean the player and ONLY the player (not P2), then i'm afraid I don't exactly know. But in general, the camera folllowing when either P1 or P2 is in the air is determined by both a combination of boundhigh and verticalfollow.

You'll want to set the boundhigh in correlation to how tall your stage is (typically you wanna fiddle with the value till when you jump, it stops at the very edge of the BG), and vertical follow's value determines how far the camera will follow the character.

A typical average verticalfollow setting is .75. You can ofc set it higher or lower.

For example, in the gif below, the values are as follows

Code:
boundhigh = -110 
verticalfollow = 0.5

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

In this next gif, i upped them to the following values

Code:
boundhigh = -150 
verticalfollow = 0.75

Notice how when i upped the boundhigh & verticalfollow, when using a move that moves the characters upwards, it goes past the whole BG and shows a black BG. You'll want to fiddle with the values till you find what works. Typically, how far you can possibly go till u hit the border. Note, you don't always have to change both together. You can just up the boundhigh if you think the verticalfollow is enough. When verticalfollow by itself is at 0, the camera will never follow either P1 or P2 when in the air.

Hope this helped, sorry if it wasn't exactly what you were looking for ^^;
Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 06:34:19 am by Shironeko
#3  March 16, 2019, 01:21:19 pm
If you mean the player and ONLY the player (not P2), then i'm afraid I don't exactly know. But in general, the camera folllowing when either P1 or P2 is in the air is determined by both a combination of boundhigh and verticalfollow.

You'll want to set the boundhigh in correlation to how tall your stage is (typically you wanna fiddle with the value till when you jump, it stops at the very edge of the BG), and vertical follow's value determines how far the camera will follow the character.

A typical average verticalfollow setting is .75. You can ofc set it higher or lower.

For example, in the gif below, the values are as follows

Code:
boundhigh = -110 
verticalfollow = 0.5

In this next gif, i upped them to the following values

Code:
boundhigh = -150 
verticalfollow = 0.75

Notice how when i upped the boundhigh & verticalfollow, when using a move that moves the characters upwards, it goes past the whole BG and shows a black BG. You'll want to fiddle with the values till you find what works. Typically, how far you can possibly go till u hit the border. Note, you don't always have to change both together. You can just up the boundhigh if you think the verticalfollow is enough. When verticalfollow by itself is at 0, the camera will never follow either P1 or P2 when in the air.

Hope this helped, sorry if it wasn't exactly what you were looking for ^^;

yes i meant both players p1 and p2, Thank you , you seem to be right it has to do with the boundhigh and verticalfollow, but i still cant seem to figure this stage out, i tried using them but when i work with boundhigh and verticalfollow on this stage it seems to position itself to high above the players where i cant even see them
#4  March 16, 2019, 11:48:31 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Send me the stage and i'll take a look at it, most likely there are other values that are conflicting with it.
#5  March 25, 2019, 02:25:51 am
  • ̢̻̮̫̬̹̞̼̲̪̜̭͇̲͒ͪ̌ͬ̒̄̔̐͘͟ͅ ̢̋ͬ̓͗̏̇̌̑͐ͤ͗̔̊̕͏̴̣͎̟͈̬͚
    • Monaco
boundhigh=-227;max height when zoomin
boundlow=0;higher=camera priority lower
; verticalfollow= 8888;1
; floortension=-8888;0
tension=400;385;if lower or even with [bound] value it push both player when zoomin and can't zoomout again if too low;higher= the more visible leftandright of both player ;higher=reduce zoomin importanr for zoomoutstart
tensionhigh =400 ;Moves floor up ;lower=player on top not visible ;higher=reduce zoomin
tensionlow = 125;lower=player on bottom not visible ;higher=reduce zoomin
overdrawhigh = 111;25;higher=remove blackscreen during shake
overdrawlow = 111;0
; cuthigh = 99990;0
; cutlow = 99915;15 ;fixes ground clipping
http://signavatar.com/32255_s.gif

please visit my request thread. here
bad grammar is art