YesNoOk

Old Release Threads (Read 115991 times)

Started by Sean Altly, December 14, 2007, 10:38:51 am
Re: RELEASED - Original Character: EX Snow
#21  December 29, 2007, 02:02:52 am
I absolutely love that Samoa Joe sprite you have, are you ever going to turn him into a character?  That would be absolutely awesome.
Old Release Threads
#22  January 03, 2008, 07:38:23 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Bloodtide (an original character) is DONE.

***Here's what's been updated since the last time:***

1. Added a new win pose.
2. Fixed her ReadMe file to reflect new command changes.
3. Command for Ruby Weapon has become D,DF,F,2K so it is a bit easier to pull off.

This is the same vid as before...

Get her at my Esnips site OR at Ascended Mugen, which there are links for in my signature.  Also, PLEASE leave feedback folks. Without feedback, I don't get better at this, and I can't keep making characters if I don't get feedback or get better.

:)

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 11:54:58 pm by seanaltly
Re: RELEASE: Original Character BETA - BLOODTIDE (90 - 95%)
#23  January 03, 2008, 07:57:40 am
I haven't download yet, but I asked in the other thread and never got a response.. are you going to eventually make a Samoa Joe character
#24  January 03, 2008, 08:12:09 am
  • People don't understand me =(
    • www.fenixmugen.mi-web.es
Nice Where you find that stage ? please It look interesting can you send it to me?
#25  January 03, 2008, 08:13:31 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Oh, sorry, I hadn't checked that topic in a while. Yes, I will eventually. I made that sprite one night because I though Joe would make a good Mugen character. Truthfully though, I will probably be finishing Bloodtide and Rook (the guy in purple and black) first, since Bloodtide's close to done and Rook has a lot of his sprites done as well.

That stage was made by Phantom of the Server and can be found on his website at http://www.mugenguild.com/~pots/

Download Last Bout now!
#26  January 03, 2008, 04:11:32 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
just use a helper instead and bind the helper to her
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#27  January 03, 2008, 09:55:04 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Okay, well I created the helper, and it's bound to her, but now every time she turns it displaces itself. Cyanide mentioned something like this to me, but it wasn't the problem at the time, but now it is.

Download Last Bout now!
#28  January 04, 2008, 12:10:16 am
  • Smart Icoca wannabe!
    • Poland
    • samouczek.com/
looks kinda emo to me
#29  January 04, 2008, 12:24:23 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
add facing = 1 to the bindtoparent after the trigger
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
Re: RELEASE: Original Character - BLOODTIDE (98-99%)
#30  January 04, 2008, 07:14:33 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
looks kinda emo to me

Emo? Why? Because she has dark clothes and purple hair? That's not emo. Bloodtide just has style. That outfit is PIMP and you know it.

Download Last Bout now!
Re: RELEASE: Original Character - UPDATED BLOODTIDE (98-99%)
#31  January 04, 2008, 10:55:41 pm
  • The Extraordinary Spiderman
    • Netherlands
Looks like Michael Jackson with pink/purple hair.
#32  January 04, 2008, 11:52:03 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA

Yeah, that's constructive.

Download Last Bout now!
#33  January 05, 2008, 07:23:00 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
NO FEEDBACK'D

Download Last Bout now!
#34  January 05, 2008, 08:20:37 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
She seems pretty well done. I haven't seen anything particularly bad. The only problems I had are just nitpicky.

I had to rename her folder because I didn't know her .def file was sandy.def.

The motion to do the wall super is wrong in the readme file

And maybe some leeway with Ruby Weapon? I can't do the combination in the short amount of time that is her landing animation.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#35  January 05, 2008, 09:32:24 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I had to rename her folder because I didn't know her .def file was sandy.def.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell people that. The character is based on my sister, so when I made her I named the files Sandy instead of her character's name.

The motion to do the wall super is wrong in the readme file

Yeah, I forgot to change it after I changed the motion. Sorry about that. I assume you figured it out, but just in case it is now F,B,DB,D,DF,F,K.

And maybe some leeway with Ruby Weapon? I can't do the combination in the short amount of time that is her landing animation.

Well, I can fix that. I originally was going to make it D,DF,F,and two kick buttons, but I'm not a big fan of those types of supers. What I do is begin the motion for the move during the twirl so that I'm pressing K right when she lands. But I might change it in her next update (which will probably be her last). Thanks for feedback!

Download Last Bout now!
#36  January 05, 2008, 09:45:09 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Yeah, I looked through the .cmd file and found her real Wall super motion.

I still can't do Ruby Weapon, unfortunately.

Anyway, you're welcome.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#37  January 05, 2008, 10:09:54 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Well, I'm going to change the command to D,DF,F,2K in her next update. If you want to change it yourself in the one you have so you don't have to wait for a new update, you're welcome to.

Download Last Bout now!
#38  January 06, 2008, 06:16:05 am
  • I'm a llama!
I think she's got an adam's apple...
#39  January 06, 2008, 11:27:42 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I think she's got an adam's apple...

looks kinda emo to me

You know, pardon me for being overly defensive of something I worked on for hours upon hours, but seriously people, try to think of something constructive to say. I'm not going to change the way she looks. And to Ichbin, how in the blue hell does she have an adam's apple? There is nothing even remotely resembling one in her portrait, and as for the rest of her, she's a sprite made in MSPaint, where there is no space for that kind of detail. I don't understand why I release these characters so you guys can say these useless things. What's funniest is that I'm sure the people making fun of her also downloaded her. Why should I make these public? If she's got some bad code or some actual spriting issues feel free to let me know.

Thanks to anyone giving actual feedback.

Download Last Bout now!

DMK

#40  January 06, 2008, 01:03:41 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
You know, pardon me for being overly defensive of something I worked on for hours upon hours, but seriously people, try to think of something constructive to say. I'm not going to change the way she looks. And to Ichbin, how in the blue hell does she have an adam's apple? There is nothing even remotely resembling one in her portrait, and as for the rest of her, she's a sprite made in MSPaint, where there is no space for that kind of detail. I don't understand why I release these characters so you guys can say these useless things. What's funniest is that I'm sure the people making fun of her also downloaded her. Why should I make these public? If she's got some bad code or some actual spriting issues feel free to let me know.

Thanks to anyone giving actual feedback.

Don't worry about it, trust me. There will always be nitpickers and what not in MUGEN and you do make solid characters and edit them yourself.

These were made in MSPaint seriously? I would of thought Adobe because you make damn near better ones then the others I have seen and played with lately.

Just makes me wish I could sprite.

The character is solid like the rest of your great creations and have no real gripes right now.

Anything pops up I'll PM ya or post here.  :)