YesNoOk

On wicked jumps... (Read 13530 times)

Started by Liquid Jake, August 25, 2011, 07:09:33 am

Poll

Can wizards leap twelve feet straight up?

No, that's stupid.
1 (11.1%)
Dude, they're wizards;  It looks cool.
8 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 9

On wicked jumps...
New #1  August 25, 2011, 07:09:33 am
    • USA
The characters at this point all have multiple air jumps.  It lets me get around the stages, which are pretty huge.  But my kids think it's silly, so the game's going to be released with only single jumpers.  That being said, if I stayed to scale there'd be a whole lot of screen that would essentially never be used.

Is it stupid to have these characters jump three times their body height?  I mean, if we were concerned with realism, would we play a fighting game about little kids in their magic school?

Let me know; your opinion matters.  Thanks.
Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:39:57 pm by Liquid Jake
Re: On wicked jumps...
#2  August 25, 2011, 03:00:11 pm
    • USA
Well, I see no major problem with the characters having triple jumps, the whole magic school concept and all. One way I would reduce the "silliness" is adding sound effects and some special effects on the first frame of the air jumps. Another simple solution is to just increase the jump velocities on the standard jumps.
Re: On wicked jumps...
New #3  September 09, 2011, 08:47:46 am
    • USA
Excellent idea, I'm doing that.  Thanks.

I liked the multiple jumps, but my kids didn't.  I kicked up the velocities, but then there were no small jumps, and I didn't like that, either.  So now there's a sound and an effect for the air jumps, and everyone is happy with it now.

Thanks again.
Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 10:39:38 pm by Liquid Jake