YesNoOk

MegaMan Zero help: Power Bar, disable Up as jump completely, and more (Read 24901 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, August 20, 2018, 03:41:51 am
Share this topic:
Re: MegaMan Zero help: Power Bar, disable Up as jump completely, and more
#61  October 11, 2018, 03:26:08 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Add
[State 40, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = command = "up_x"
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
trigger2 = time = 0
value = 1400
ctrl = 0
Above the changestate in state 40. If you cant beat it, join it.

When making a move that just wont launch, I always switch out my ChangeState for state 200. SLP, or X works. I know my triggers will switch states when I press it. So test and see if the move works at all.
If it works when you switch out 200 for 1400 then you know it's your changestate in statedef -1.
If it doesn't work, your changestate may, or may not, work. But you know your move doesn't.

Lots of moves that override jumps get mixed up. Instead of
triggerall = statetype != A
you may want a trigger like
triggerall = pos y >= -5
I'm half asleep right now so what you want is just a tiny bit of pixels above ground level. Mugen may switch the state type to be equal to air. So your trigger wont fire. But if it does switch to state 40, the command in it should activate and work as a back up.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#62  October 11, 2018, 09:51:18 pm
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
I tried your code, and the result in game didn't change much.

Code:
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Rising Flame Slash
[State -1, Rising Flame Slash]
type = ChangeState
value = 1400
triggerall = !var(10)
triggerall = pos y = -4
trigger1 = ctrl

Code:
;Jump Start (not used)
[Statedef 40]
type    = S
physics = S
ctrl = 0
sprpriority = 1
facep2 = 1

[State 40, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = AnimTime = 0
trigger2 = time = 0
value = 1400
ctrl = 0

[State 40, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = !Time
value = 0
ctrl = 1

I tried taking matters into my own hands and tried taking reference from N64Mario's Omega Zero once again. Originally, I used command = holdup to see if anything will change. Turns out it didn't work.

I'm gonna try a couple more things and see what happens.

However, I do need one thing that I was working on while I was waiting for you, and that's to destroy a helper in another one of my moves, which is a electrical down thrust.

I'm using the electric blade as a helper, unlike the flame blade and the regular Z-Saber. What I'm trying to do is destroy the helper when Zero lands on the ground. I used a Destroyself state with pos y >= 0 as a trigger, and it didn't do much. How can I get rid of this helper when I land.

Nevermind, I got the electric blade working properly.

Update:  Aaaand I got nothing.
Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 02:00:32 am by RedDragonCats17
#63  October 12, 2018, 01:29:51 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
triggerall = pos y = -4
Do you know how insanely improbable this is?
You said the code didn't change much. So it did change.

I believe the code for your state 40 fixed a couple problems for you. You need to be using that code in conjunction with new stuff for this move.

"As you can see in this code, I used command = holdup to see if anything will change."
I dont see that in the code at all.

Did you try switching the changestate for 200 into 1400?? Does the move actually work?
#64  October 12, 2018, 01:48:08 am
    • USA
The post has been edited.

The move does work, I've tested it originally with command B, since it's not really used. The problem is the button combination for the move, and Up is one of the buttons.
#65  October 13, 2018, 10:45:41 pm
    • USA
HAHAHAHAAAAA!! I've managed to fix the problem! Turns out it wasn't Up being the problem, it was the placement of the move.

I had the rising slash placed at the bottom of the commands. I moved it up at the bottom of the jump and dash commands, and it works.

I've also took reference from N64Mario's Vent (the MegaMan character) and used this for state 40, as I found out that pressing Up with Deathscythe's code while Zero has his back on the opponent, he turns around.

Code:
;Jump Start (not used)
[Statedef 40]
type    = S
physics = S

[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command = "holdfwd"
trigger2 = command = "holdback"
value = 20
ctrl = 1

[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command = "holddown"
value = 10
ctrl = 1

[State 40, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command = "holdup"
value = 0
ctrl = 1

Admittedly, I've had problems with other moves, such as the dash slash and a uppercut slash. I've fixed them by placing them at the top as well. So all that's left, really, is the double shot, then I need some help on standard functions such as when Zero gets hit (plus a config for that), the wall jump (a config for that as well), and his charge explods.
Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 11:02:28 pm by RedDragonCats17
#66  October 14, 2018, 10:19:50 pm
    • USA
Aight, I decided to pick up where I left off from Discord to here, since Odb's advice will be buried by a bunch of other messages.

Last night, on Discord, Odb gave me these instructions for Omega's double charge shot:

I would copy and paste the exact same code, then change the statedef number to something something 50 or a whole new number if you have it
like if charge shot is state 1100, and you dont already have a 1150 state, use that
Then, set up your command to switch to it. Test. make sure to use debug to see it's in the correct, new, statedef
Then make a new anim, with more time for the second shot to come out, change the anim in the statedef
once the new anim works and the original chargeshot still fires, duplicate the projectile/helper and set the spawn time/animelemno to be later
should be 85% of exactly what you need right there
if the helper/projectile isn't responsible for the sounds, add a trigger2 or whatever you need.

Now I followed most of the instructions. I made a new anim for the 2nd shot, then I made a new command for the 2nd shot, which is this:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Then Odb said that I don't have to make another change state, I just use triggerall = command = "button (in this case, Y)" on the helper/projectile spawn. So I got rid of the command.

Here's how the double charge shot works. You charge your buster up to 2 levels, you let go of the button to fire the shot. There's a 2nd shot, which can be fired at any time with a press of a button. Model X from MegaMan ZX and X from MegaMan X2 (X buster upgrade) have the same mechanism; however, Model X's 2nd shot is a completely different beast. In fact, it's gonna be on a completely different help thread.

So, if you guys got any instructions or examples/codes, I'll see if I can make it work. I'm gonna see if I can somehow picture Odb's instructions.
#67  October 15, 2018, 04:46:56 am
    • USA
Okay, I am lost.

I've copied the same state as normal Zero's charge shot and switched it to become Omega Zero's.

I've also made a command for the state.

And 245 is this anim, I've used this anim on the standard shot and the level 1 shot.

But idk what to do next. I want the 2nd shot to fire when I press the Y button and use the same anim. Do I make a change state for that or what? What do I do?
#68  October 15, 2018, 11:02:44 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
You dont have a second projectile.
I'm not telling you you dont need a changestate to get into the state or I'm not even sure what you're thinking.
In the state, in any state,
triggerall = command = "x"
is a valid command.
Change the "x" to be the command, probably "y", to what will fire the second shot. Use that as a trigger in the second projectile so it doesn't fire until you press y.
More than likely you're going to want a looping animation. Then you'll want a changeanim after a certain amount of time. You'll want a changestate to equal the ending animation and it's last frame to exit to state 0.
i'm not sure how the move works exactly. So if you dont press Y that's what will happen. It'll just end.
WHEN you press y and if fires the shot you may want to switch to a firing animation. Use that 3rd animation and it's ending frame to exit to state 0.
#69  October 16, 2018, 12:02:10 am
    • USA
The 2nd projectile seems to only work with time, not with a command. It also doesn't accept time more than 6 ticks.

Are there any alternatives for this?
#70  October 16, 2018, 08:19:48 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I'm not trying to be rude, but you really need to back over the basics.

[State 240, Projectile]
type = Projectile
triggerall = var(10)
triggerall = command = "y" ;whatever you need
trigger1 = time >= 6    ;hitting it exactly at tic 6 would be pretty dang hard
trigger1 = time <= 16  ;This makes a window of time 10 tics to press y

Remember if your animation loops the time might loop as well. Check debug and watch your values.
#71  October 16, 2018, 11:54:50 am
    • USA
Aight, here's what's up. I decided to try your code now instead of tomorrow because I don't think I'm gonna get some sleep, because my sister brought her cat over here. I have to watch him and make sure that he doesn't slug it out with my 3 cats and my grandma's cat, otherwise things will get ugly.

I'd hate to say it, but your code didn't work. Bluecross made a version of Model OX. I'm thinking about taking a look at his double shot code, post it here, and see if it's possible to make a more simple code, but make it have the same effects. I'll be right back.
#72  October 16, 2018, 12:46:43 pm
    • USA
...This is kinda confusing. According to the debug, if I activate Model OX's OIS mode (that's the biometal thing I was talking about and showed you in the video), and fire the shots, these are the states:

I've also looked at the commands. There are, apparently, 3 changestates for 300. These 2 look like they are for the charge shots.

Apparently, if I fire the 2nd shot instantly after the first, it's still in state 300, but if I fire the 2nd shot later, it's state 340, which is this.

And this state is for the regular shot when you activate Model OX's OIS shot.

There is another animation for the 2nd shot, 301 in Model OX. In the debug, Model OX uses anim 300 in the first shot, and anim 301 in the 2nd.

Idk how to word every single detail in this, and idk if I can even picture a simpler code for a move like this.

It's kinda funny because this was a similar case to when I was having trouble with Omega's pillar. When I asked for alternatives, I meant a more simple code.
Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 12:56:22 pm by RedDragonCats17
#73  October 16, 2018, 09:19:36 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Just browsing the two states they look extremely similar to me.
If you want to use someone who sets a variable that equals another variable's code, that's cool.
Sometimes there's no simple way to do something. But I've given you that way.
I just find it kinda funny how I told you to copy and paste code and this method you found, the guy seems to have copied and pasted the code.

You do get that the person is using statedef 300 for three different moves right?
#74  October 16, 2018, 09:58:05 pm
    • USA
Yes. I didn't show you the first one, but it's for the standard shot without OIS mode on. The 2 statedef 300's I showed you are for the level 1 charge shot without OIS mode on, the same code for the first charge shot with OIS mode on, and the 2nd charge shot.

Code:
;===========================================================================
; Stand Shoot
[State -1, Stand Shoot]
type = ChangeState
value = 300
triggerall = command = "y"
triggerall = var(56) != 1
trigger1 = statetype != A
trigger1 = ctrl

I'm not sure how I can word out the details in the commands. So if you got a command that's a little more simple and less messy, gimme your best shot (no pun intended, because this move is a projectile).
Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:04:45 pm by RedDragonCats17
#75  October 17, 2018, 12:17:23 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I dont know what you're talking about. At all.
WHY are you talking about a changestate right now? Please answer WHY.

I dont understand what the problem is at this point. You've switched off your task like 3 different ways now. I'm not sure what your current goal is. Like usual. You haven't said what you're working on and what doesn't work and what you want it to do. I cant stress this enough.

What are you currently trying to do? Not a simple "Make two shots work" I need a specific thing. A specific problem.
The 2nd projectile seems to only work with time, not with a command. It also doesn't accept time more than 6 ticks.
Are there any alternatives for this?
Remeber this problem? Remember how close it was to working? And then you just switched everything out? WHY DID YOU DO THAT?? All you needed to do was change the triggers. I dont understand how you didn't realize that. You wanted a move that does 2 shots, and had a move that did 2 shots but didn't think that was close.

When we suggest shit, it's not perfect the first time; Get used to it.

----
PLEASE, please do not use characters that don't follow the standard way/number system of doing things for your code base. Either they're made by a person who isn't familiar with mugen, OR it's made by a person making a full game. Both ways means trouble.
#76  October 17, 2018, 08:23:56 am
    • USA
Okay, let's all calm down now. How 'bout we start from the top, but go a little deeper?

Yes, I do want a move that has 2 projectiles. It's not that simple, though, that's why I didn't think it was close to what I wanted, and that's also why I wanted to use a different method.

Get this. You do the traditional full powered charge shot: You hold down the button, reach up to 2 levels, release the button, and fire the shot. That's shot #1. There is a shot #2, which can be fired with the same button. This video goes even further to what I wanted. Not only does it show Model OX doing it, it also shows MegaMan X doing it as well.

https://streamable.com/nand2

I have tried your method, and it only uses time, not a command. I also accepts time no more than 6 ticks, which results Omega Zero doing this. It's not what I want.

https://streamable.com/aqef9

While you have said that it can be done by changing the trigger using command = "y", I have tried that, and it didn't work. I've also tried time >= 6 for trigger1, and another trigger1 with time <= 16, which you have provided, that didn't work either. It only results Omega Zero firing one full powered charged shot after I release the button, and fire a standard shot when I press Y again.

So I resorted to finding a different method. I took reference from source accurate MegaMan ZX characters, such as Model OX, and I posted the code and the command earlier. I then wanted you, or other members, to find a command that's more simple, but still allow the player to do this:

https://streamable.com/wu3sw

Different command, same effect.

So ending this with a question, how can I make this move happen, with this code:

With the same anim (It doesn't loop in game):

And with a command that uses a different state, not the same state?

I do apologize if this is taken at a more negative level. I'm not even trying to be rude or talk smack, but if you want a honest question, with bigger details, this is the best I can do. It's not great, but it's the best I can do.
#77  October 17, 2018, 09:21:48 pm
    • USA
Actually, let's work on something else. We'll worry about the doublle charge shot later.

Y'know how MegaMan characters die, right? They explode into particles? Well I got the particle animation, so how can I make Zero disappear and turn into the particles in question?

#78  October 19, 2018, 12:00:41 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
All of this

Doesn't mean you give up. You mention two tiny problems in the world of mugen coding. TINY. On top of that you didn't mention until days later. DAYS.
If you dont get longer than 6 tics, EXTEND THE ANIMATION. Like I said, you need a NEW ANIMATION (step 2) and once the new animation is working then you add in the rest. So you didn't do step 2. Add like 19 frames of sprites 0,0 to the end of your animation at 2 tics each.
You haven't said how long the pause between shots can be and what happens if you never fire the second shot.
You dont explain if you only fire 1 shot if it should use the 2 levels or because you only fired 1 shot it should use 1 level.

One major thing you need to understand. This
"that didn't work either. It only results Omega Zero firing one full powered charged shot after I release the button, and fire a standard shot when I press Y again."
Doesn't explain anything. Read it aloud. please. please read it aloud. There's two meanings it can take on.
#1 It did actually work. You fired the first shot. Then your pressed Y again and got a standard shot.
#2 The move fired off. 1 Charge shot happens then returns to state 0 and for some reason you mention that a move that works, works.
So it either did work and all you had to change was Var(10) or whatever switches the strength of the shot, or you only got 1 shot to work. I'm not 100% sure which way it is. Really focus on explaining things here concisely. There should be zero wiggle room for guessing. 
But here's the thing. In the video you link. You fire a little pellet and load up, let it rip, and two identical blast fire off. They look the same to me.
So in your video, the 2 possibilities that I imagine dont line up. So there's a #3 that I'd have to totally guess 

The whole idea of "It doesn't go past 6 tics it'll never work, throw it all out" baffles me. I can't understand why you'd think that this is a problem. I mean I get it. It doesn't work exactly the way you want it to.  I don't understand how you wouldn't think to change the timing on the animation, then come back to the forum like, "The move kind of works but it would fire the second shot after 6 tics, so I tried messing with the animation and now blablabla is my new problem" <<<This is what should have happened.
Instead, this
Spoiler: I'm going to comment on each of your lines in red (click to see content)
Is your post. You try to find something to throw at your code instead of trying to fix it. Throw it all out and hope something works with minimal effort. "I had a 2 shot move that shot 2 shots but 1 wasn't strong enough so I gotta find an all new way to do things." But the new way looks exactly the way the current set up works. 

Actually, let's work on something else. We'll worry about the doublle charge shot later.

Y'know how MegaMan characters die, right? They explode into particles? Well I got the particle animation, so how can I make Zero disappear and turn into the particles in question?
How about we stay on track in here. Focus up. You had a move doing 85% of what you wanted. Time to iron out the last 15%.

But me being the helpful person I try to be,
in M.U.G.E.N Development Help in the search bar, type
Death Animation
and read some of those threads to get the idea that's closest to what you want. And @RedDragonCats17: I've told you MULTIPLE TIMES now. Make a new thread for new questions. A New topic. NO POST IN HERE FOR NEW QUESTION. You're four pages deep. No one else is following this thread. My post right here may start the 5th page. It's crazy if you think some new person is going to follow 4 pages to stumble across your current problem. We could have built this move from the ground up by now.

@RedDragonCats17: Stop switching problems in the middle of a dev help thread. Consider this a warning from a global moderator. I honestly cant stress this 1 more time. Make a new thread for an all new problem. If a new problem arises from what you're currently working on, continue the thread. If you want to start an all new move, or a death animation, or anything unrelated to what the thread title is about, make a new thread. and that "and more" shit doesnt cut it.

Stay on track and lets finish this double shot. Retry what I suggested.
#1 Copy and paste the single charge shot and rename the statedef and get the cmd to fire it.
#2 Create a new animation, the length and frames you need, and replace it's anim number for the one in the new state.
#3 Duplicate the Charge shot projectile in the state and change it's triggers to the timing and command you need.

New #79  October 19, 2018, 09:42:43 pm
    • USA
Okay, I will admit, originally when I made the new animation, I duplicated anim 245 and didn't extend the length, because I wanted to give the player the option to rapid fire both shots, but I decided to extend the length of the last frame and add a new one in, and it I guess it can rapid fire just fine.

So the double shot works, but the 2nd shot appears out of thin air, which does look weird.

https://streamable.com/r0gzx

Just because Omega Zero says he's the messiah, doesn't meant he's some freak ass god who can make a bullet fire out of thin air or something. After all, he's using Zero's original body, y'know.

Anyway, I decided to duplicate the new anim for the 2nd shot and make a change anim for the 2nd shot. It does work, but when Zero fires the 2nd shot, 2 shots came out. I eventually I found out that Omega Zero can fire a laser/stream of bullets,

https://streamable.com/xhp09

How do I fix this?

Update: Now this is interesting. I decided to mess around with Omega Zero for a bit, and I decided to fire the double messiah thin air shot for fun. One time, I actually fired 3 shots. And this is without the changeanim code.
Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 09:53:45 am by RedDragonCats17