YesNoOk

Vegeta Z2 released !!!! Goku Z2 updated. (Read 96243 times)

Started by Cybaster, October 24, 2012, 07:34:01 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Vegeta Z2 released !!!! Goku Z2 updated.
#61  October 25, 2012, 01:41:47 am
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Brilliant job on Vegeta! Love this guy
#62  October 25, 2012, 01:47:20 am
  • Fighting Game Promoter
  • YouTube Promoter for all Fighting games alike!
    • USA
#63  October 25, 2012, 02:05:57 am
    • Poland
Anyway, the Japanese voice is pretty low as already mentioned, but it's mainly because of some of the sound effects too. They're overly loud especially while they're clashing together at once. It's not too big an issue for the English voice, but it still hinders the voice more than it should IMO.

I second that. Indeed volume is bit low on jap voice. I briefly tested Vegeta and he seems nice. At last I got reason toi run off my Mugen again after few weeks since last time :D
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#64  October 25, 2012, 02:30:42 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Ok I came across something really odd and I'm not sure if it's something on my end or not. So I go to training mode and pick Vegeta and pick Goku as my training dummy so I can check out the beam collision. I do a super kamehameha with Goku (uncharged) and as soon as he fires I immediately do super galick gun with Vegeta and this happens:

Vegeta is unhurt by the kamehameha and proceeds to do galick gun counter whilst Goku is already back in his standing state. Then it acts like beam collision starts so Vegeta shrinks but Goku just stays there in his stand state. And just so you know I'm using the september 12th update of Goku and this is winmugen I'm using.

Also forgot I made that palette I labeled unholy. damn awesome palette, I gotta start replicating that for some of my characters.
#65  October 25, 2012, 02:37:05 am
    • Mexico
That version of Goku probably doesn't have the compatibility required for the beam collision. That's why they updated Goku today too.
#66  October 25, 2012, 02:38:26 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Very, very nice. It's great to see Vegeta get some release love. As always, fantastic work. Another permanent addition to my gigantic compilation roster.

Thank you very much for the amazing share!! :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#67  October 25, 2012, 02:59:07 am
I feel bad about beong too busy to give better feedback during beta testing. I'll try to make up for it at a later date. Glad he's released.
#68  October 25, 2012, 03:12:33 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I honestly think Rage Mode is underwhelming. It allows some extra moves, but those benefits aren't passive at all. Not to mention he loses a LOT of his comboing because of his lost Rising Knee Arrow and Wolverine Flip. It makes sense he'd lose Wolverine Flip, but not all that much sense that he loses Rising Knee Arrow. If he maybe got a damage or speed boost, it'd be more worth it. This also goes with my suggestion to remove the distance requirement for canceling Machine Gun Temper into Sliding Kick. He loses almost all of his meterless knockdown options when rage is activated.

Posted: October 25, 2012, 03:20:40 am
Also, maybe Sliding Kick could be Special/Super Cancelable? It doesn't work all that well during juggles (especially since it has a very small hitbox for that).
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#69  October 25, 2012, 03:24:05 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ I agree with this, at least add Rising Knee Arrow during Rage mode IMO

Overall, this is a Blast! :D plays so amazing, great intros and such an interesting system and moves. I love this! Fantastic work from both of you :)
Chilling
#70  October 25, 2012, 03:26:24 am
  • tired
I've also noticed something. You can link MGT after Ki Blast (X version) at fullscreen. Maybe there could be some code implemented to prevent this? It kind of renders canceling into EX MGT a lot less useful.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#71  October 25, 2012, 03:39:29 am
YES!

I've been waiting for this  ;D
#72  October 25, 2012, 03:43:09 am
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
dude.... is there a problem if i make some palletes based on some sprites you posted in the wip section??
#73  October 25, 2012, 03:45:07 am
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Words cannot explain the level of hype coursing through my fingernails right now.
Congratulations on your release, will download immediately! :D
#74  October 25, 2012, 04:02:01 am
  • tired
...I don't know why I didn't realize this earlier: it seems kind of odd that he can only use EX Aerial MGT in Rage Mode.

Posted: October 25, 2012, 04:08:46 am
This piece of feedback's for Goku: why does his a.Z knock down?
#75  October 25, 2012, 04:13:50 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
* Re-stand infinite combo:

Cornered opponent. + LK > MP > MK > + HK, repeat infinitely. MK or + HK must hit the opponent during the state 52. Works against KFM.

* Goku has the Veladd bugfixes by Vans. Vegeta doesn't.

* Maximum hits of Galactic Gunfire is 53, not 52. Check the smash var at 41:

* Galick Ho whiffs against a point-blank KFM.

* Ugly red cross  :'(
Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:17:23 am by Zzyzzyxx
#76  October 25, 2012, 04:14:31 am
  • tired
#77  October 25, 2012, 04:21:38 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Just a comment regarding this post from the Projects section:

- Smash variable that goes from 0 to 40.

As said by C.A.N, the maximum is 52 hits (2+10+40). I reached 49 once, so I think 52 is fine. Having a keyboard that accepts multiple key presses is a big plus, or using a joypad/joystick and inputting 360 motions helps too.

The code of the move it shows that it's possible to add 1 to the var(21) when it's equal to 40:

[State 800, count]
type = VarAdd
triggerall = time=[40,120]
triggerall = var(21) <= 40
var(21) = 1

Yes, it's a pointless observation.

BTW, I couldn't do this without cheating. What I did was opening VegetaZ2 / files / vegeta.cmd and changing the line

command.buffer.time = 1

to

command.buffer.time = 2

Without this debug I can make the var(21) reach 36 (for a total of 48 hits) consistently but never exceed it.
Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:38:23 am by Zzyzzyxx
#78  October 25, 2012, 04:24:44 am
  • tired
Oh, I didn't look at the screenshot.
#79  October 25, 2012, 04:30:31 am
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
Congrats on the release, guys. I'm really impressed all around. Many of his quotes are hilarious (the spikey thing I like... LOL) I really had my doubts about the english voice, but it fits Vegeta very well. My only gripe is that Rage Mode is somewhat limiting without his Rising Knee. A speed or damage boost would make it more useful.
#80  October 25, 2012, 05:26:49 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
One thing I would consider changing with him is his kei blast charging. He should be able to cancel it into a back dash, or forward dash. :)