YesNoOk

A small slew of questions from a curious mind (Read 211 times)

Started by jo19sh92, October 16, 2019, 07:00:59 pm
Share this topic:
A small slew of questions from a curious mind
#1  October 16, 2019, 07:00:59 pm
  • The Assets Ripper
  • Discord @ J9_2R#5048
    • USA
So, I hope I'm posting this in the right place, if not, feel free to move or delete it. But anyways, here are some questions I have and I do hope at least one or two of these can be answered.

1) So I've played a wide variety of characters, one of which I added to my roster recently called "Flock of Falling Father Figures" by Brergrsart. One thing I've noticed about this character, is that even if the character is paired up with someone, that person is also at risk of being killed by them. Which brings me to my question... considering that it is possible for a partner to attack another partner in MUGEN, is it possible to modify MUGEN so that this applies to ALL characters, or is this just something that can only be character specific.

2) Next, I've also noticed that some characters are not forced to face a specific direction and can freely face either which way, basically that they're not locked onto the opponent and can walk backwards (which facing that direction, and visa versa). As with question #1, is it possible to make this able to be done by all characters by modifying MUGEN itself, or is this also character specific?

3) I'm sure this question has been asked before, but anyways... how do I stop the camera from following characters besides myself? I've noticed, which is becoming quite obnoxious now, is that during battles, when a character goes off screen (too high up), the camera will stop following me and then follow them, leaving me to just mash buttons because I cannot see where I am at or what I am doing. Is there a way to stop this, or should I just fix this issue by cutting the size of stages to keeping that from happening?
Character I Main As (Updated)
Eddy Gordo (by LESSARD)

Favorites
Dragon-Ken (by Kotori)
SPO Ryu (by Rikard)
Bebum Ryo (by Daimonmau)
Jesse (by The_None)
Re: A small slew of questions from a curious mind
#2  October 16, 2019, 08:32:41 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net

1) hitdef damage could affect the enemy, the partner or both. So, if you are using the "both" parameter, all hits will damage all characters.
They have to be coded inside the characters, so there's no global way to do it

2) No, again this is character specific and you need to add the corresponding parameter. Also, you can disable the autoturn in the stages as well, which will apply on any character fighting on it.

3) Use ScreenBound. If this directly doesn't work because another character has a different screenbound parameter, then spawn a helper that will freeze the camera movement on the Y axis,
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!