YesNoOk

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Freiza (Read 68709 times)

Started by Ryon, March 22, 2018, 03:32:14 am
Share this topic:
Dragon Ball FighterZ - Freiza
#1  March 22, 2018, 03:32:14 am
  • "The Future is Now"
[Preview]

[Download]
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cn1xusdj0itadro/DBFZ_Freeza.rar

[Read Me]
Dragon Ball FighterZ Freiza (Inspired)
Made by Ryon
Release Date : March 21st 2018

- Preface -
Unlike Krillin, This version of a character is more loyal to the gameplay mechanics of FighterZ. Krillin will get a update sooner or later. I enjoy playing with Freiza in FighterZ, but I feel he is lacking in the physical attacks department, sure you can ki blast and stuff all day but Im a fighter. So for this version the sprites were so plentiful that I was able to make a Freiza who can fight you hands on AND shoot you with ki blasts all day. Cheap? Yes. Freiza? Yes. AI?... No..BUT! Trust me He will get AI very soon! So will Krillin. and Ultra Fatalities Tien and Broly.

- Commands -
A = Special Attacks
X = Light Attacks
Y = Medium Attacks
Z = Heavy Attacks
START = ????

POWER CHARGE = A+X
VANISH = Y+Z
SUPER DASH = A+Z

- Basic Combos -
(Ground)
X, X, X, X, X, X, X
Y, Y, Y, Y
X, X, X, Y, Y, down + Z

(Air)
X, X, X
Y, Y
X, X, X, Y, Y, Y, Z

(Crouch)
X, Y, Z

- Special Moves -
Freiza Combo = Down, Foward, X
Death Beam = Down, Down, Attack

- Super Moves -
1G Next Time You'll Die = Down, Foward, A
1G Death Saucer = Down, Back, A
1G You Fool = Down, Down, A
1G Death Ball (Air) = Down, Foward, A
3G Nova Strike (Air) = Down, Back, A

- Hyper Moves -
7G Golden Freiza - START

- Known Issues -
Damage Dampener Code has issues in Mugen 1.1.
Players react different in 1.1 to some velocities.
Missing a few Sounds? Shaking?
Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 04:48:51 am by Ryon
Re: Dragon Ball FighterZ - Freiza
#2  March 22, 2018, 04:29:04 am
    • USA
This is really cool! Been looking for some Dragon Ball characters that played like FighterZ. Keep up the good work.

His combos are really fun, but it looks like you can continue using the super dash more than once in a combo, and I'm not sure if that is intended.

-Infinites with Super Dash

-If you don't detonate the enemy with an  (xxxxx) autocombo, but perform some other action that would hit the opponent, they don't react and simply fall

-damage scaling is all over the place (but I can adjust that myself)

-Z Rock throw move does not seem to scale at all in combos and does cause cloning as someone below posted

Besides that really good work. Maybe one day we could get a decent Trunks if you'll have him!

Cheers.

This Frieza has the most potential out of all of them I've seen for mugen
Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 06:34:26 pm by naanvilence
#3  March 22, 2018, 08:41:16 am
    • Brazil
it's a cool char, but it doesn't really feel like DBFZ (aside from trying to mimic the same moveset).
the pausetimes, speeds, hit velocities, etc etc just don't feel right.
#4  March 22, 2018, 10:37:05 am
  • "The Future is Now"
This is really cool! Been looking for some Dragon Ball characters that played like FighterZ. Keep up the good work.

His combos are really fun, but it looks like you can continue using the super dash more than once in a combo, and I'm not sure if that is intended.

Besides that really good work. Maybe one day we could get a decent Trunks if you'll have him!

Cheers.

Yeah The Super Dash is very spammy, I'm thinking of working out a way so it doesnt hit more than once. On the flipside. In Extreme Butoden you can spam it the same way.

it's a cool char, but it doesn't really feel like DBFZ (aside from trying to mimic the same moveset).
the pausetimes, speeds, hit velocities, etc etc just don't feel right.

That is correct, I take some liberties like with all of versions of characters, Their inspired to play like a certain version, not to mention things such as animation, and 2d vs. 3d comparison are also taken into consideration. I sadly can not get correct pause times and hitvels and speeds.

On the bright side, The base for the gameplay is there. If someone wanted to edit my character and fix up these things, I wouldn't mind, but for myself I have no way of getting the correct info.

Thank you for downloading my character!
#5  March 22, 2018, 01:07:29 pm
So many infinites and bugs. Also it's spelt Frieza or Freeza. You should test your characters more and better! ;)

-QCF, x (wait until the 4th hit connect) -> a+z > repeat as many times as you want for an infinite.
-If P1 Frieza and P2 Frieza press z the rock helpers can be hit and turn into clones.
-x,x,x,x -> before he makes the enemy explode press a+z. There's a bug.
-Why doesn't he turn if the enemy is behind him while he does the dash attack (a+z)? This happens to all of your new characters.
-The aura has shadow.
-Pressing a+z in itself is an infinite.
-y -> a+z -> repeat as many times as you want for an infinite.
-Why can he "transform" while he's already transformed? Since he's already in Golden form, it just seems like a waste of meter.
Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:06:35 pm by AlexSin
#6  March 22, 2018, 11:14:22 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
-QCF, x (wait until the 4th hit connect) -> a+z > repeat as many times as you want for an infinite. - WILL FIX
-If P1 Frieza and P2 Frieza press z the rock helpers can be hit and turn into clones. - DEFINATELY WILL FIX!
-x,x,x,x -> before he makes the enemy explode press a+z. There's a bug. - WILL FIX
-Why doesn't he turn if the enemy is behind him while he does the dash attack (a+z)? This happens to all of your new characters. - I tried to fix this many times, the problem is I used using a turn code and the turn code freaks out and causes the character to constantly flip left and right. I can try again but It failed when i tired before.
-The aura has shadow. - Will kill it.
-Pressing a+z in itself is an infinite. - That I know....>_>....not saying it was intentional... buutttt... in Extreme Butoden... its a infinite as well, I'll fix.
-y -> a+z -> repeat as many times as you want for an infinite. - Is Y nessesary? or any button for that matter???
-Why can he "transform" while he's already transformed? Since he's already in Golden form, it just seems like a waste of meter. - I wanted to add a palette for Pure Gold Freeza, So once to turn Golden, Twice to turn Pure Gold. No status affects. http://moe-cos.jp/?p=24089
#7  March 23, 2018, 04:17:18 am
  • "The Future is Now"

-Infinites with Super Dash

-If you don't detonate the enemy with an  (xxxxx) autocombo, but perform some other action that would hit the opponent, they don't react and simply fall

-damage scaling is all over the place (but I can adjust that myself)

-Z Rock throw move does not seem to scale at all in combos and does cause cloning as someone below posted

Cheers.

---------=========Changes I've Made=========---------

1) Standing Heavy (rock summon move) now hits once when the rocks are called and then again when the rocks are thrown. Previously the move was only active when the rocks where thrown. This change allows for better combos more akin to what he can do in FighterZ. Rocks now do like 10 damage down from like 30 or so before.

2) Death Ball travels slower vertically and deals less damage per hit. Before it traveled to quickly and would outpace the victim to the ground. Now it carries them all the way to the floor, which means while it does less damage per hit than before, it should be hitting more times during the descent. Also since the move is typically a deep dark purple I changed the palfx to make it darker.

3) The Lv.3 power dive move needed more pausetime and screenshake to make the blow have impact. So I floored both values until the move looks and feels like a level 3.

Other than that I'm shoring up damage scaling and working on fixing the infinites.

You did a really good job on this. This Frieza has the most potential out of all of them I've seen for mugen

Im sorry I JUST noticed you updated your post.
I'm working on fixing everything G.o.D. mentioned, and you as well.
Im gonna redo his variables (Which in turn rebuilts some of his basics) and I'll be organizing them better, for more(more) control.

Once I update Freeza (expect AI to come in his next update as well) I will move on to Android 18.
I just did a test run of her in FighterZ, did some comparisons and she will be great. Not as complicated as Freeza but a nice addition.

My greatest issue is effects.
#8  March 23, 2018, 05:53:16 am
    • USA

Im sorry I JUST noticed you updated your post.
I'm working on fixing everything G.o.D. mentioned, and you as well.
Im gonna redo his variables (Which in turn rebuilts some of his basics) and I'll be organizing them better, for more(more) control.

Once I update Freeza (expect AI to come in his next update as well) I will move on to Android 18.
I just did a test run of her in FighterZ, did some comparisons and she will be great. Not as complicated as Freeza but a nice addition.

My greatest issue is effects.

Don't sweat it man. You're doing good work here. Cheers.

ALSO: It appears that Frieza becomes invisible while dizzy/stunned

Same cloning problem is present with the death beam as well as the rocks
Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 07:10:05 am by naanvilence
#9  March 23, 2018, 01:09:39 pm
-Why doesn't he turn if the enemy is behind him while he does the dash attack (a+z)? This happens to all of your new characters. - I tried to fix this many times, the problem is I used using a turn code and the turn code freaks out and causes the character to constantly flip left and right. I can try again but It failed when i tired before.
FaceP2 = 1 under the statedef.
#10  March 24, 2018, 12:04:18 am
  • "The Future is Now"
It didnt work.

he just flys towards him with out fliping sides.
#11  March 27, 2018, 04:49:32 am
  • "The Future is Now"
- Updates 1.1 -
· Reorganized Variables. For future use.
· Renumbed some states.
· Redid the combo conditioning.(Makes him feel alot tigher)
· Removed "Combo" move. It was just an idea I forgot to remove.
· Added Explosion Sfx.
· Fixed Infinite with Super Dash.
· Fixed Cloning issue with Rocks and Death Beam.
· Adjusted the way Z works, Rocks hit normal when far away, but if close Freeza will use psychic powers to push you back with rocks.
· Fixed issue where you mash Super Dash command infront of P2 and it will cancel itself out.
· Added AI.

PLEASE REDOWNLOAD
#12  March 28, 2018, 03:11:29 am
    • USA
Redownloading now. Let you know what I find.

Cheers

1) Deathball changes look good

2) Hit Reaction vs. an airborne opponent with Super Dash seems different, harder to combo off of.

Overall much better.
Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 03:34:54 am by naanvilence
#13  March 28, 2018, 08:40:07 am
    • USA
These DBFZ creations are coming by fast. Maybe Ryon has plenty of time on his hands since it didn't take long for us to get Krillin, Tien, and now Frieza .__.
#14  March 29, 2018, 12:22:58 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
I didnt make Tien, Ultra Fatality did. I released it for him because he forgot his MG log in.

I'm currently working on Android 18.
So far I have all of her palettes from the game.
This picture is a little outdated. All of her boot colors have been fixed to match the outfits in the game.

Here is a question for everyone.
I turned all of there specials into supers, with pause and ports and all that.
Should I remove them so its more faithful to the game were the supers happen with out any effect or notice?

These DBFZ creations are coming by fast. Maybe Ryon has plenty of time on his hands since it didn't take long for us to get Krillin, Tien, and now Frieza .__.
YOU KNOW NOT WHAT I CAN DO!
#15  March 29, 2018, 11:42:22 pm
    • USA
Yeah I really don't like it when you do supers and there's a tacky background and jpeg files flying into the screen. Just a super pause effect and maybe some zoom is all anyone ever needs.
#16  April 01, 2018, 05:07:56 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

You did very well with Lord Frieza!
Thanks for another great job Ryon. :)
#17  April 08, 2018, 03:42:02 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Looks so cool. Another DBZ char for my rooster.
Thanks a lot.