YesNoOk

Helper Armour troubles (Read 848 times)

Started by Disconcorde, November 09, 2019, 03:31:49 am
Share this topic:
Helper Armour troubles
New #1  November 09, 2019, 03:31:49 am
    • UK
Okay, so I have no idea how to go about it since I've never actually seen it before. The only type of "Helper Armour" I've seen is Super/Hyper Armour, which allows the character to take damage, but not end up in their gethit states. This is usually done by using lifeadd to minus by a variable which is equal to gethitvar(damage). And I want something similar, but not the same.

What I want is a helper which, just like Super/Hyper armour can control how damage is taken by a character, but I don't want the aspect of it where the character doesn't go into their gethit states.

I know that this is possible, but I don't know how or where to get started. I'll still be trying to find out, and if I find a way I'll mark this solved, but I feel as though I'm trying to do something which is above my level, out of reach for someone with such little experience.

Maybe if I knew how Mugen handles the interaction between getting hit and sending the character into their respective gethit states, this problem might be easy to solve, because I could implement the necessary Self and/or Change States to simulate the effect.
Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 12:33:44 am by Disconcorde
Re: Helper Armour troubles
#2  November 10, 2019, 12:50:50 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Well, you could use DefenceMulSet to increase your deffense values and reduce overall damage.
Other options is to check the gethitvar(damage) and then add a lifeadd to compensate or tweak the life lost
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
Re: Helper Armour troubles
#3  November 10, 2019, 10:04:55 am
    • UK
DefenceMulSet has never produced the results I'd like with anything... and lifeadd does work to an extent, but using lifeadd to control damage means that any attack with like 9999 damage will still kill the character. I've been using a lifeset based super/hyper armour for some chars and it works wonders, they're all pretty much immune to being OHKO'd by any Mugen 1.0+ compatible characters... of course that's not so true for the WinMugen characters who use the null exploit.

The only problem with it is that it functions as super/hyper armour and thus, the character can't go into their gethit states. However, even most normal super/hyper armours use lifeadd and that's fine too, but that problem is still there, and using a lifeadd in -2 just means the character will be too easily killable.

I want this specific version of helper armour so that I can directly control how much damage the character can take, and also to determine exactly how it should go into its gethit states.

And I do think its possible with a combination of VelSets/Adds, StateTypeSetting and SelfStating being controlled by the helper, because I already can control how much damage the character takes... but that's with super/hyper armour, which prevents the character from going into the gethit states. - I just don't know where to start or what to do...
Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 10:09:46 am by Disconcorde