YesNoOk

Piccolo Z2 [Project] (Read 479786 times)

Started by Balthazar, May 19, 2015, 10:57:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Piccolo Z2 [Project]
#81  May 26, 2015, 01:08:18 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Wow, I love the way he descends from a jump! Super dynamic. And you really perfected that walk!

his arm is animated like it's a one big bone with no joints, it's moving like a wooden stick.
i suggest removing a frame or two from the arm movement or making it static:

I dunno, I feel like the arm movement makes the run look really intimidating (in a good way), though I can't quite describe why.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#82  May 26, 2015, 01:24:01 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Its because with the x motion it will look as if his arms are almost like blades, ready to strike out. He actually used this run(or a very similar one) in both xenoverse and in the raditz fight.
#83  May 26, 2015, 06:32:32 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Quite frankly, I like the run animation.

And keep the bobbing antennas on the walking animation as well.  He's shaping up already.
#84  May 27, 2015, 12:22:55 am
  • Not for sale
Damn, I totally missed this project being added to full game development! I'm so happy to see that!

Piccolo is looking excellent Balth! Really glad to see a fresh Z2 character.

I do feel like he's still a couple pixels too tall, when compared to Buu and the rest of the cast... but that's subjective, I guess.

Will be watching this like a damn hawk.
#85  May 27, 2015, 02:08:50 am
  • Where's Gohan!
    • USA
    • E_Harrington19@hotmail.com
As Gohan's master, Piccolo should share some of his moves. Liu Kang's (Mortal Kombat) Bicycle Kick would be a nice and different addition to his movelist.
I like the animations so far!
#86  May 27, 2015, 02:18:06 am
  • Just a spriter/gamer
    • UK
    • quesab08@gmail.com
Thats a nice piccolo you got there, I still think his ears extend out slightly too much but other than that this is some solid work
#87  May 27, 2015, 03:42:29 am
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"

I may sound a bit nitpicky but his thumb is a bit weird here that's just me XD other than that this is looking smexy.
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#88  May 27, 2015, 07:59:03 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
Just cuz i'm curious, will the Special Beam Cannon be a chargeable lvl 2 super like the Chou kamehameha? it would fit perfectly like that rather than as a finisher. i can already picture this stuff
#89  May 27, 2015, 08:45:16 am
--> --> -->
I'm not touching this ever again :P

The final version is definitely the best but the height of the final version of this walk seems to have some inconsistencies with the rest of the sprites.

edit: It's not even the height maybe, perhaps it's how long the limbs look, because when you look at the run you just made and the stance, the limbs just appear to be longer
#90  May 27, 2015, 09:12:29 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Piccolo is looking excellent Balth! Really glad to see a fresh Z2 character.

As if Babidi wasn't a fresh character design, that no one ever imagined having it released!!  ;D
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#91  May 28, 2015, 10:30:42 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Except maybe the bumpy shading on his clothes near the right (artist's left) armpit. :P
What ever do you speak of, Cybaster  :bow:?

When his right shoulder is all the way out. The small bump of color by his armpit disappears when the arm is forward then pops back into view when it's back. The "belly highlight" sort of points to it. Seems like it should be there 100% of the time. I mean it's there when it's in the shadow, it should be there in the light? It's nothing overwhelming but it almost seems like there's a stick in his clothing or something. Sorry if the bow meant sarcasm and I didnt pick up on it. It's been a pretty crappy last two weeks.

On this, something seems off to me with him holding out his left arm. Dropping your arm halfway down to lock it into position then to drop it the rest of the way seems unnatural. He lowers it, but it remains in front of his body until the first real step. Not sure if the whole process should be slower or if he'd hold the arm's standing stance until it was time to lower it.

The gif kinda looks like he's dropping both of his arms at the same time and walking forward; Then he starts swinging his arms right.

The running thumb looks good to me, but I do see what you mean. When people tense their hands expanded as possible, some times their thumb becomes almost double jointed. It points more towards their wrist. Mine gets half way there, but some people dont have it point back at all. It's just at a right angle. It could go either way imho. I think if it was extended to straight, it'd stick out into the negative area making it look larger no matter how small Balthazar drew it. People would probably have more beef with that, than how it is.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#92  May 28, 2015, 11:10:29 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
The bow emoji was me trying to be cute, thinking I had fixed the issue he mentioned and thus making his reply obsolete. But I guess I failed. I regarded and (think I) fixed all the shading on his vest, should be fine now?

I know the stand > walk transition is a bit funky, mostly that left arm of his.
What I could do is have that arm drop slowly for the first frames of his walk cycle, so that it's at the lowest point when he swings that arm back in the actual walk cycle, and it'll flow more naturally. It could look like this:

What do you think?

HQ

#93  May 28, 2015, 12:14:20 pm
I know this is nitpicking and hardly anyone might notice ingame, but if you are at it, I would slightly change the transistion frame at the beginning to make the left arm (spriters view) look less static in the transistion to the walk and more natural - I also changed one arm and hand in one of the beginning frames a bit ;)
+ I made some small adjustment to the animation sketch you did for the right hand!

-->

Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:26:24 pm by HQ
#94  May 28, 2015, 02:46:13 pm
    • Netherlands

Take it or leave it!
Also:
Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:53:20 pm by Balthazar
#95  May 28, 2015, 03:08:46 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Imo it was alright from the beginning. This is just nitpicking at this point, I mean its just a walk animation no use to waste that much for such a barely important animation.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#96  May 28, 2015, 03:11:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I understand everyone is excited but lets not get carried away with the nitpicking. :P

As Gohan's master, Piccolo should share some of his moves.

They do, Halo stomper and piccolo equivalent of masenko will work very similarly
#97  May 28, 2015, 05:47:30 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Is that kick planned as a medium or hard, because I don't see it as a light kick, has too much impact.
#98  May 28, 2015, 05:50:37 pm
    • Canada
The image is labeled as a medium, and i think that fits.
#99  May 29, 2015, 12:56:55 am
  • Not for sale
Can't wait to see some stretchy arms.
#100  May 29, 2015, 06:15:01 pm
    • Netherlands
You'll have to wait a bit longer, but I'm sure I'll be testing some stretchies sooner or later. In the meantime; backdash.

Not sure yet how the afterimage will function, it's too cheap to have it act as a shield for just a simple backdash. Just a visual trick then. Or maybe it'll get nixxed, we'll see.