YesNoOk

ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (complete) (Read 42809 times)

Started by ferretsshadow, September 28, 2011, 11:19:04 pm
Share this topic:
ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (complete)
#1  September 28, 2011, 11:19:04 pm
I decided to make new portraits for all the  characters I have for mugen, to match the quality of my screenpack.  that means I plan on releasing about 400+ portraits that will be done with a size of 240x280.  this is just perfect for those who want better quality portraits for their winning quotes, vs screen, and the big portrait of the selct screen. note: I will update this every time I finish twenty or so portraits

you are free to use these as you wish as long as you credit me, and anyone who contributes later,  if you pack in a screenpack or something.

here are a few portraits for you to see what you are getting
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

my portraits

taybears portraits

to scale add this code to your system.def: p1.face.scale = .5,.5  and  p2.face.scale = .5,.5

if you're still having problems scaling your portaits in game reply and I'll gladly help.   there might be one or two portraits that aren't scaled properly so if you come across one I'd also appreciate it if you told me so I can correct it and reupate thanks

you are also free to contribute if you want to join in and I'll post your portraits here with your name next to it. the only condition for that is they must be of waist/thigh-up with the full head in the portrait and be in 240x280 format and you can't do one that has already been done by me or a contributor.l
Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:59:51 am by ferretsshadow
Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (7% done)
#2  September 29, 2011, 12:20:05 am
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#3  September 29, 2011, 12:28:05 am
awesome give me a sec and I'll add it to my post
#4  October 01, 2011, 07:22:35 am
-----update---

just added twenty-nine more here, so check out the spoiler tag to see what has been added

http://www.mediafire.com/?xw7e7o5ybd74u0h

list of characters:
Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (15% done)
#5  October 05, 2011, 02:35:34 am
updated again, and I'm  suprised no one is commenting

http://www.mediafire.com/?a2pn8qwnbz4v8m5

list of characters:
Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (21% done)
#6  October 05, 2011, 12:08:49 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Dude!! I thought I was the only crazy portrait guy here. Very nice job so far as this kind of stuff can be daunting. I have one question for you: what resolution did you use?? 240x280 with 72dpi or 240x280 with 300 dpi?? Also, what bit depth do you use, 8 or 16??

Keep up the fantastic work!! I have a milestone of 700+ to eventually make....

You've got someone watching and highly interested. If this post goes dry, feel free to PM me anytime.  :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:14:46 pm by Saikoro
#7  October 05, 2011, 02:38:43 pm
  • That's right. Get all the marmalade Mr. Giraffe
if they're like me, they're probably too busy changing all of the portraits for their rosters lol. These are really nice thanks!
#8  October 05, 2011, 04:07:20 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Thinking more on this portrait topic, I've got a TON of stuff to make. Here's a rundown on what I have to make, considering that my roster is one giant compilation (also consider that I generally have every character for each particular roster), in my projected order:

Capcom VS SNK (I have 6 left and its release time!!)
Marvel VS Capcom series (all portraits are in MvC2's art direction)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (all utilizing the victory screen art style)
Street Fighter 2 (All in Super Turbo's art direction)
Street Fighter
Cyberbots (all official Capcom Art)
Darkstalkers (all utilizing Vampire Savior's art direction)

Guilty Gear (all using XX's style)
Melty Blood (all unified so that they all match)
The King of Fighters (all using SNK's watercolor scheme)
SvC Chaos (also using SNK's watercolor look)
Samurai Shodown (all utilizing 5's art direction)
World Heroes (all utilizing Perfect's art direction)
Neo Geo Battle Colliseum (again using that watercolor look)
Garou: Mark of the Wolves (watercolor again)

And plenty of other smaller rosters I forget....

The main principle here is a unified, matching look. Each portrait takes a solid 2+ hours A PIECE as I'm not just resizing. I'm actually editing so everything looks professional.

Yes, I'm nuts. But Im also going to finish this regardless of how long it takes.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#9  October 06, 2011, 12:28:21 am
^I'm doing something similiar as you can see with all my portraits, although I'm very quick with the editing tools so it's 1/4 the time, but it would be cool to see you finish yours as well :sugoi:

actually it would also mean less work for me  ;D :twisted:
#10  October 06, 2011, 12:50:56 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
What takes me so long is I don't just cut and paste art. Instead, I make sure edges along each piece of art are unified in gradients/color. With large images, pixels merge making for lots of editing so images don't look shoddy. There's tons of these pixels with free transforming large portraits to smaller Mugen standards. With Capcom VS SNK 2's art that I used, resolutions are very high (1,000 by 800). Therefore the editing process is painstaking. When Marvel VS Capcom 2 comes around, the art being converted is comprised of lower resolutions, so the turnaround will be faster. I'm really looking forward to finally completing this group of portraits.

I project that I'm going to be done with this current round of portraits within the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you guys posted along with some preview shots by weekend's end.

It's great to see other portrait makers on the forums!!

#11  October 06, 2011, 01:01:01 am
What takes me so long is I don't just cut and paste art. Instead, I make sure edges along each piece of art are unified in gradients/color. With large images, pixels merge making for lots of editing so images don't look shoddy. There's tons of these pixels with free transforming large portraits to smaller Mugen standards. With Capcom VS SNK 2's art that I used, resolutions are very high (1,000 by 800). Therefore the editing process is painstaking. When Marvel VS Capcom 2 comes around, the art being converted is comprised of lower resolutions, so the turnaround will be faster. I'm really looking forward to finally completing this group of portraits.

I project that I'm going to be done with this current round of portraits within the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you guys posted along with some preview shots by weekend's end.

It's great to see other portrait makers on the forums!!

that's not really an excuse... when I'm editing pics. I can get it accurate with curves and everything in ten min. but they get somewhat ruined when adding bg. color and cleaning up pics due to the resizing that comes after cutting them out. overall though the end result is still good in my opinion.

you can see what I mean here:

so then you want me to add your work to the top, or are you going to start another topic ???:/

Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 01:24:27 am by ferretsshadow
#12  October 06, 2011, 01:02:59 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Not entirely sure yet....   :???:

#13  October 06, 2011, 01:25:12 am
alright let me know if you do
#14  October 06, 2011, 01:14:33 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Hmmm....

I think what I will end up doing is posting a thread for my own release while also including it with you guys through a direct link to this post. What do you think??

#15  October 06, 2011, 01:36:46 pm
works either way
Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (26% done)
#16  October 11, 2011, 10:37:51 am
34 more portraits

Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (26% done)
#17  October 11, 2011, 11:08:15 pm
Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (35% done)
#18  October 19, 2011, 06:16:51 pm
just added 32 more

http://www.mediafire.com/?3tzawdj102jb58d

list of characters

Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (35% done)
#19  October 19, 2011, 11:29:45 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Sweet deal. I'm just about done with my Capcom VS SNK2 portraits. Just 4 more!! Hopefully I will be done with this group within the next week.

Keep up the great job!!

Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (42% done)
#20  October 25, 2011, 04:54:02 pm
36 more portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/?m5a8mbia00om8iw

#21  October 25, 2011, 05:03:32 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Sounds great!! Your progress is quick. Nicely done. Could you post some screenshots so we can see your work??

On a side note, I'm finalizing work on my Capcom VS SNK roster, so expect a portrait pack release this weekend. It's going to look epic.

Keep up the steady pace!!  ;D

#22  October 25, 2011, 05:31:05 pm
Sounds great!! Your progress is quick. Nicely done. Could you post some screenshots so we can see your work??

On a side note, I'm finalizing work on my Capcom VS SNK roster, so expect a portrait pack release this weekend. It's going to look epic.

Keep up the steady pace!!  ;D

I already posted a few in the first post when I started, and I'm not going to add more every time I finish some portraits
Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (50% done)
#23  October 29, 2011, 04:52:47 am
45 more portraits ( now that Im half-way done I'll be packing them all into one pack, but I'll leave pack 7 so you can just update)

http://www.mediafire.com/?b9u40qszpaws34k

#24  November 02, 2011, 05:34:00 pm
pack 08

41 more portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/?nb18f94k7jn1c21

list of characters:

#25  November 02, 2011, 09:12:07 pm
    • Ukraine
pack 08

41 more portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/?nb18f94k7jn1c21

list of characters:

Good work !!!  ;D
#26  November 02, 2011, 10:18:56 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
50%.... Nicely done!!

It's also a shame that portrait packs come highly underrated within the community. Feedback is a little harder to come by even though portraits can be a painstaking process to get right visually.

Alas, keep up the great work!!

Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:22:12 pm by Saikoro
#27  November 02, 2011, 11:07:23 pm
@XameJIuoH:  thanks

@Saikoro: well it's not about the feedback for me, but it would be great to hear back from the people who have downloaded it.  on another note how are your portraits coming along
#28  November 03, 2011, 12:23:10 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
@XameJIuoH:  thanks

@Saikoro: well it's not about the feedback for me, but it would be great to hear back from the people who have downloaded it.  on another note how are your portraits coming along

They are going fine and dandy albeit time consuming!! But the result is well worth it as results speak for themselves. I just started my Marvel VS Capcom side of things with Cable's Portrait finally being done earlier today. Each converted portrait needs tons of touching up for MvC2's art, even moreso than I originally thought. As far as Capcom VS SNK2 goes, I finally got to releasing them this past week. Check my sig for the Guild link. I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (55% done)
#29  November 07, 2011, 05:39:05 pm
Oh man, I've just seen this. You've done a really good job at these :) Imma use this with the Brokemugen screenpack! :D Thanks for this.
Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (65% done)
#30  November 10, 2011, 01:45:46 am

37 more portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/?tgk0n54mioflaf9

Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (76% done)
#31  November 18, 2011, 10:58:51 pm
31 more portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/?d4tu535h6njp4pv

list of characters

Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (80% done)
#32  November 25, 2011, 12:30:36 pm
34 more portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/?3skgke62ihknnjm

Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (95% done)
#33  December 01, 2011, 10:37:28 am
45 more portraits

http://www.mediafire.com/?izjb6ltsfkn4hvc

character list:

my next pack will probably be my last except for new characters that might come out in the future
#34  December 01, 2011, 01:56:29 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Nice work!! I'm jealous of your pace....  ;P

#35  December 01, 2011, 05:00:39 pm
lol it's nothing special in fact  I wanted to quit 300 portraits ago but I just can't stop myself unless I finish  ;D
#36  December 01, 2011, 05:36:15 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I know the feeling. I'm currently finishing up my Boneclaw Wolverine, and man is it a bitch. A near 4 hour bitch as his coloring is totally askew. But holy shit is he looking great.

So yeah, editing pixels can get to you man. Sometimes I go nuts looking at the screen. However, knowing that people appreciate your time spent is worth it.  :sugoi:

#37  December 01, 2011, 06:09:34 pm
these are very good. best portraits i'v seen.
hi mugen guild
#38  December 02, 2011, 11:44:32 am
thanks I wanted to do good portraits that people here  haven't really done before when doing portraits  and that isn't based  on any game style so I hope they get plenty of use by this community
#39  December 02, 2011, 12:03:57 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
You certainly did a great job in the amount of time it took to make all of these. In my opinion, portraits are far underrated. With so many character releases, the art that comes with a character is overlooked. With that, you have plenty of characters from one game (say, Street Fighter II) with artwork that's all over the place. I hate mis-matching styles.

So you have guys like us who come along and make everything look sharp, and yet were overlooked by that barrage of releases. At least we have the satisfaction of matching organization!!  ;D

Lastly, I'm looking up some tricks in PhotoShop to accelerate my creation process. I shouldn't be spending more than an hour on one piece.

#40  December 02, 2011, 01:05:24 pm
so true that's why I started portraiting, and after I'm done here I'm going to convert my portraits into arcana hearts 3 lifebar portraits

I use gimp because it's free so I don't have all the great features that photoshop gives, so what  I do is this process:

1)  cutting pics out of lets say a wallpaper
2) paste it over a bright color like green then resize it to the proper size
3) fill bright color with a color like purple
4) from there I clean up all the green

I don't know if everyone does this, but before doing that it would take me forever to do one portrait
#41  December 02, 2011, 01:42:03 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Sounds similar to my process, but I edit pixels so that colors look balanced with smooth gradients/transitions in colors. I also make it a rule to have my conversions look good against a white background, so I spend lots of time on edges.

What takes so long is that I edit pixels individually; eyeballing so to speak. I try to avoid black edges unless if the portrait's style calls for it. So, I could go editing edges for 45+ minutes. The magic wand tool is now going to be my friend as I just learned how to select multiple colored pixels at once.

What can I say, I'm old school!!

Oh!! Now that I think about it, you should look into downloading PhotoShop CS3. It's a little older, but it's still very good AND easily found (for free mind you) with a little Google action.

Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:49:44 pm by Saikoro
#42  December 02, 2011, 07:19:50 pm
Sounds similar to my process, but I edit pixels so that colors look balanced with smooth gradients/transitions in colors. I also make it a rule to have my conversions look good against a white background, so I spend lots of time on edges.

What takes so long is that I edit pixels individually; eyeballing so to speak. I try to avoid black edges unless if the portrait's style calls for it. So, I could go editing edges for 45+ minutes. The magic wand tool is now going to be my friend as I just learned how to select multiple colored pixels at once.

What can I say, I'm old school!!

Oh!! Now that I think about it, you should look into downloading PhotoShop CS3. It's a little older, but it's still very good AND easily found (for free mind you) with a little Google action.

same here I zoom in to the tiniest pixel and edit from there
#43  December 02, 2011, 11:45:40 pm
  • Mugenite
    • www.freewebs.com/mangalegend
Any specific scaling required on these then?
I rock

#44  December 03, 2011, 06:31:46 am
there never is really a specific scaling required you scale them to what's native to your screenpack
#45  December 03, 2011, 06:47:49 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
has anybody ever taught you ctrl+drag
#46  December 03, 2011, 07:21:05 am
what is that suppose to mean... are you just spamming  --;
#47  December 03, 2011, 07:42:35 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
no, it means that you clearly don't know how to properly scale your images because they're all in the wrong ratio

when you drag to resize, hold ctrl. be amazed.
#48  December 03, 2011, 08:31:10 am
no there the right ratio there double the scale of a normal portrait  :-\

common portrait size:  120, 140
mine:                            240, 280

-edit-

and that function doesn't even work in gimp
Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 08:44:43 am by ferretsshadow
#49  December 03, 2011, 03:56:33 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I was just browsing through your stuff. First and foremost, you did quite an upstanding job considering what you accomplished in such a short time. Yes, I'm jealous of the fact that you made 395+ pieces of Mugen artwork within three months. I'm still on Marvel VS Capcom 2's Boneclaw Wolverine after 4 goddamn hours of pixel editing!!

But lets look at the technical specifics: Double the resolution of regular Mugen standards including 240x280 with 300 resolution?? Check!! Decent editing of edges so your work doesn't look like crap?? Check!! A good eye for seleting appealing pieces of artwork that make for good portraits?? Check!! And making sure your portrait covers plenty of space so your pieces look full and busy?? Check!!

But your scaling... That needs attention.

What Jesuszilla is saying is that when you free transform an image from your original piece to your new Mugen size, holding down the shift button (At least in Photoshop anyway, I've never used Gimp) while re-sizing your image keeps your proportions equal and in check. In PhotoShop, this is indicated by the "H" and "W" boxes with percentages in them (both sets of numbers should remain equal to ensure proportionate scaling). In your portraits case, it looks like you eyeballed them while transforming them so that the portrait would simply fill sapce, giving some of them odd looking proportions. A very good example of proportioning would be your William Birkin Portrait: He looks too thin for such a bulky creature. Judging from his proportions, he looks like his width would be 68% and his height would be 89%. Hence the somewhat stretchy, vertical look.

Your work is good, no doubt about it. But to a trained eye who is proficient in portrait editing, I can see what Jesuszilla is talking about.

Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 05:39:02 pm by Saikoro
#50  December 03, 2011, 05:49:52 pm
most of my portraits are proportional to the source files that I obtained, but there are some that wouldn't fit otherwise if I didn't go through and scale them, or if they did they were way to small that it conflicted with the rest of the portraits. as you can see with my work I have it so all of the upper torso except for maybe a little coming off the left side of the portrait, so it will work with screenpacks that aren't bound to a tiny box without looking cut off and tacky. so the only way for me to fix that, lets say fixing birkin, would mean me making several different sizes which makes more work for people who download my stuff because that means they have to guess the (x,y) in fight factory to place them and ultimately confusing everyone.  basically you could say this is a user friendly pack, and I can't change that without it being to complicated for your average mugen user.   thanks for actually putting in construtive critcism instead of just insulting me without reason and thinking I'll get it though ;D

-edit-
besides I think birkin is actually skinny in this vid and on darkside chronicles so it kindof passes I guess  :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5h8lSz0pgo
Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:00:44 pm by ferretsshadow
#51  December 03, 2011, 06:43:54 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
No problem Ferret, it's all about pointing out issues while being diplomatic.

For larger portraits, it's sometimes better to proportion them out so they are clipped. You may have parts that are missing (for me, its usually hands or arms/shoulders that have to be clipped) but you will ensure that you have portraits that balanced look, proportionate to one another. It would really make no sense to have a generally large character (Birkin) appear small in his portrait, or a very small character (Servbot) appear big in his portrait. Balancing out your pieces is really the hardest thing to grasp.

Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 06:48:53 pm by Saikoro
#52  December 03, 2011, 07:37:39 pm
SO TRUE, like with cyberdoll may she's so tiny that if I actually scalled her in her portrait there would be no point, but as you can see birkin was one of my first portraits (which I was just starting off) I later got better and their proportions and quality got better.

when I'm done I'll revist a few of my portaits and reproportion them since it's bugging a few people.

(btw in gimp everything stays proportional when scaling unless you uncheck the little chain next to it).
#53  December 03, 2011, 10:45:51 pm
  • Mugenite
    • www.freewebs.com/mangalegend
I haven't really had a proper look at the rest of these portraits because I'm not going to redownload all my programs when they are sat waiting for me.

I do love what I've seen thus far though a lot of the characters I haven't heard of I can still appreciate a lot of people will love them.

Portraits are a very overlooked aspect of Mugen but they are vastly important. I reckon even moreso now we have winscreens too.
I rock

#54  December 04, 2011, 08:07:40 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
and yes, it is shift, my bad. I use it naturally so I don't even think what key it is

most of my portraits are proportional to the source files that I obtained, but there are some that wouldn't fit otherwise if I didn't go through and scale them
the hell they aren't. I took one look at the portraits in whichever pack had darkstalkers portraits and all of them were improperly scaled and out of proportion.

don't do that. it looks ugly. and you keep doing it. hold shift when you scale. (or whatever key it is in gimp, I'd imagine it would be the same)
#55  December 04, 2011, 08:29:04 am
^be specific and tell me which ones instead of freaking out and insulting someones work.

all the darkstalkers are proportional with the source images I found so if you have a problem with them being "ugly" then it's a problem there, but honestly I don't think these images are ugly at all or I wouldn't of used them.

with gimp as I mentioned in the ABOVE post you can't just ctrl+drag to scale portraits.  you need to go to either the image or layer tabs and click scale.  from there you can scale your portraits and unless you unclick the chain next to the (x,y) everything stays proportional to it's source, which I only did in a few cases like birkin.

so if you don't like it don't use it and if you see a problem with something  give constructive critism instead and read all the previous post, thanks
#56  December 04, 2011, 09:00:40 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Be careful when you resize an already completed piece. It's very easy to distort what you finished. It would be better if you simply started from scratch again. I actually scrapped about 4 portraits thus far simply because scaling and whatnot looked shitty.

Sometimes its better to redo some work. The end result will actually come out better!!

#57  December 04, 2011, 09:10:18 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
^be specific and tell me which ones instead of freaking out and insulting someones work.
I said all of them. I MEANT all of them.

all the darkstalkers are proportional with the source images I found so if you have a problem with them being "ugly" then it's a problem there, but honestly I don't think these images are ugly at all or I wouldn't of used them.
... uh-huh, no. No, they're not.

with gimp as I mentioned in the ABOVE post you can't just ctrl+drag to scale portraits.  you need to go to either the image or layer tabs and click scale.  from there you can scale your portraits and unless you unclick the chain next to the (x,y) everything stays proportional to it's source, which I only did in a few cases like birkin.
Look what I still have installed. Gimp. This comes into play below. But whatever those "few cases" are, you don't EVER do that. It looks BAD, and it will ALWAYS look bad.

I don't even know how you could think something like this looks good:

Or hell, just look back to your Ghost Rider example on page 1 of this thread (which is terrible by the way and I hope to god nobody tries to learn from you).

so if you don't like it don't use it and if you see a problem with something  give constructive critism instead and read all the previous post, thanks
don't need to use it, don't want to, but I am definitely giving you constructive criticism because I am telling you that you are doing it wrong.

Here, I managed to track down the original source of that Lilith pic (I would've just used the Felicia pic I had since I've seen it about a million times to know whether I'm seeing it in the right aspect ratio or if somebody mucked it up, but the resolution on mine was a bit too small for me to get my point across to you because then you'd just come up with the predictable excuse of "that's too small"):

Here is that pic after you scrunched it up. It is CLEARLY NOT in the same aspect ratio.

Here, I even scaled it down as best as I could in GIMP close to yours, and the problem becomes much clearer:

(which... wow I probably didn't even have to do now that I look back at the post because the forum software did a good job resizing the source to about the same size)
Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:13:58 am by Jesuszilla
#58  December 04, 2011, 09:18:10 am
@saikoro: yeah  if by complete work you mean editing my portraits later than yeah I know any portraits that I resize are  going to be completely redone so no problems there.

@jesuszilla:  here's an image so you see what I"m talking about, if I just scaled everything proportionally I'd end up with random sizes like this.

the one on the left btw is (240,147) now tell me is that really any different than a normal portrait, I might as well make all normal sized portraits if I were to try and make you happy.  which I know I can't make everyone happy

-edit-
okay there are several different pics of that so you'd have to of get the same one as me and grab the right amount as I did before scaling to get the same result but I'll fix lillith if you give me a link to the image

as for squidgirl I already have a  new portrait for that one, because I wasn't satified with it.  I scaled it and that was the result, but once again that was one of my earlier works, which I was planning on revisiting

and you have so many pics I'd appreciate it if you edit your post so that the images are in spoiler tags thanks
Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:26:30 am by ferretsshadow
#59  December 04, 2011, 09:29:20 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
You don't need to try to fit everything in there. Just let it be cut off rather than let it be in the wrong aspect ratio because I think everybody else with some design sense would tell you that it looks terrible.
#60  December 04, 2011, 09:37:05 am
I'm already planning on cutting off a bit of his cape in hopes to clean it up but like I said in a previous post I'm trying to keep most, if not all, of the torso and above showing so it doesn't have to be restricted to a little box in screenpacks.  so no promises on having it 100% to the aspect ratio of their sources but like I said before I was already planning on revisting my earlier works and fixing them. so thanks for pointing out my mistake with lillith.  overall most mugen players probably won't mind, and hopefully those that do realize in the future will be respectul and give proper advice and critism without being a smarta**

-edit-
I redownloaded ika's pic and did some rescaling and this is as good as I can get it, mind you it's not cleaned up yet.

and I'd appreciate it if you put together a list of the ones you feel are messed up and pm it to me
Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:05:43 am by ferretsshadow
#61  December 09, 2011, 02:03:23 am
34 more characters done

http://www.mediafire.com/?9kwumk4nbu2bwky

#62  December 09, 2011, 03:30:25 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Not too bad. Just be careful on your scaling. Shang Tsung looks a bit too stretched IMO. What program do you use for making these again??

#63  December 09, 2011, 04:24:43 am
Not too bad. Just be careful on your scaling. Shang Tsung looks a bit too stretched IMO. What program do you use for making these again??

surprisingly that's how thin shang tsung is in the original  pic I actually had to add extra width when scaling just to get looking right  :-\

I use gimp
Re: ferretsshadows 400+ custom portrait project (complete)
#64  December 15, 2011, 05:39:53 pm
part 14

the last thirteen are done, so it's finally complete unless a whole bunch of characters get relesed this month :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?h3hym01pu90032n

list of characters

#65  December 18, 2011, 03:20:41 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Congratulations on wrapping this project up. That's a lot of portraits!!

#66  June 24, 2012, 07:17:20 pm
just realized I had enough new portraits for a good update so here's the new pack

contains 46 portraits
http://www.mediafire.com/?3hcfw87txm923zm

if you haven't downloaded the previous packs this one and the rest with  be in one pack for you to download on the 1st page

Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:29:06 pm by ferretsshadow
#67  June 27, 2012, 09:08:26 am
    • Indonesia
Great work on portraits lol. Sorry offtopic but i could see mac-os port here...where you get it?

Add me at Kazagami#7568 for an invite link to the WaifuLaifu Discord Server

#68  June 27, 2012, 10:04:41 am
^np he can be found on mugenfreeforall in the characters-collection-Microsoft Windows (Anthropomorphism) section
#69  June 28, 2012, 09:50:40 am
    • Indonesia
Eh? i'm started that topic...wait...oh, so she's windows ME....

I think she's the mac-os i see in youtube...sorry then  :sugoi:

Add me at Kazagami#7568 for an invite link to the WaifuLaifu Discord Server

#70  June 28, 2012, 10:19:25 am
no it's a mac character but it's lumped together with all the window characters

nevermind I guess where ever I got her just titled her wrong  :-\
Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:24:24 am by ferretsshadow
#71  May 23, 2018, 10:02:26 am
Starting up migen taking commissions!!!!!!