YesNoOk

Sabockee's Sprites 'n Such (Read 330730 times)

Started by sabockee, February 22, 2014, 01:43:03 am
Re: Sabockee's Sprites 'n Such
#461  October 15, 2017, 05:13:04 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Don't worry Xenomic, she won't have this onion thing sticking out of her hair :)
------------------

In the meantime...

Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:27:28 pm by sabockee
#462  October 18, 2017, 09:22:48 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
#463  October 18, 2017, 10:41:36 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Pretty fluid animation there, like how you handled the hair too. And nice subtle touch on the dress where it's being grabbed, I didn't notice that the first time. Adds more character to the animation I think! The breasts would actually be pretty much gone, they usually are (B.B. Hood is about the only one I can think of who even still has any, if you want to call them that at that point heh), it'd just be ribs you'd be seeing at that point. The only other thing I can think of is the dress moving more downwards during the draining, like what you were doing? I'm...not sure how to best explain that though? Like...umm...the bottom half would be more....sloping downwards which would make the sprite a bit longer vertically, inside of just inwards like that? If you know what I mean? Basically, it would still go inwards a LITTLE bit, that much is clear, but it would also be doing that while going longer vertically? It's probably not THAT important, just a minor thing honestly. I just can't explain what I mean...>_<. As for the hands, those might be thinner too? But hands are tricky for this particular animation I think, I don't know if they get THAT much thinner....hm.

Other than that, I think it's a pretty solid animation! I like that there's no clothes tearing on this one, that never made much sense in SVC Chaos personally.
#464  October 19, 2017, 12:02:33 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Making the dress more flabby is a good idea, I will work on that.
Her breasts aren't the big deal though. They will be pretty much covered by the hand that grabs her.
Anyway, thank you Xenomic. These are good points.
#465  October 19, 2017, 12:07:08 am
    • USA
Ah! Flabby! Yes, that is what I was trying to think of! Sometimes words/thoughts just never come to me.

I suppose that is true. However, they still went through the effort to do that even in SVC Chaos, where Demitri's huge freaking hand/arm covered a lot of that area, no? Plus there ARE others other than Demitri that has the move. : V

Oh, if I may continue, thinking on the gloves, would they slide down more on the arm at all? That one is also very minor, but just a thought that came to mind.
#466  October 19, 2017, 12:11:05 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
I'll see what I can do, thanks again.
#467  October 19, 2017, 12:15:13 am
    • USA
Will look forward to it! Hope you're having fun with it (and learning things with it as well!) and getting some good practice in! ^^

I do have to say, I like how you handled the grabbed pose for this compared to the original. Works a lot better IMO~
#468  October 20, 2017, 11:34:42 am
    • USA
Ah yes, thinking on it, would you be up for anymore MB challenges? I think I may have one or two in mind for you to try to put into CvS style (with animation, if you really wanted to). Or just for anyone, really. Up to you, of course~

EDIT - OMG site freaked out, sorry about that. It posted this message like...8 times in a row. @_@;
Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 12:01:55 pm by Xenomic
#469  October 20, 2017, 12:33:11 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
First I must finish Demitri's MB, then I  have to deal with some requests from txsnew, but yeah... you can leave some of your suggestions too.
#470  October 20, 2017, 10:44:41 pm
    • USA
Ah, understood. My suggestion was to perhaps update and/or finish up Shin Akuma's Midnight Bliss from Capcom Fighting Jam. I feel you can do that better in CvS style (assuming the sprite styles aren't the same, which I don't think those two games are). Other than that...the only other thing I can think of, aside from trying new Midnight Blisses for characters that don't have them, is try to come up with something more unique and original for say...Hauzer. THAT one should be fun~ A humanoid dragon girl, from a giant divine dragon? How will THAT turn out I wonder! : O
#471  October 20, 2017, 11:10:27 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Hauzer? Nah, please cvs stuff only! :P
What needs to be finished in Akuma's MB? I can give it a try.

BTW, I noticed that most of the drain animations is limited to 4 or 5 frames. Is this a big deal that my animation has 7 frames?
#472  October 20, 2017, 11:16:18 pm
    • USA
1 stand, 1 grabbed, 4 drain I believe it is, for a total of 6 frames. I'm...not really sure how it would handle 7 frames? Jmorphman might know more about that since he's dealing with Demitri's MB right now and setting it so that it works with all standards, so maybe you can ask him about that one for more in-depth answers?

Got it. Big scary dragon is scary, lol. Well then, it'd mostly be just Akuma's MB. You know, the maid one from CFJ? Try converting that one to CvS, and then try doing the animation for that one. Should be fun, I think~ Other than Akuma? I guess if you're going just CvS (and only for those IN CvS right now), I'd have to see what all there is around. I remember seeing some nice images for Haohmaru that could work well for his Midnight Bliss. Hmm...*Ponders*

Unless you just want to try any random character in CvS style? That's up to you (and also up to you if you'd rather try a non-Midnight Bliss, or something else like a shock, Sangue=Passare, Pharaoh's Curse, Alessi's De-Age, etc.)!
#473  October 23, 2017, 04:25:10 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
1 stand, 1 grabbed, 4 drain I believe it is, for a total of 6 frames. I'm...not really sure how it would handle 7 frames? Jmorphman might know more about that since he's dealing with Demitri's MB right now and setting it so that it works with all standards, so maybe you can ask him about that one for more in-depth answers?
My new standard has three separate animations that make up the complete standard; there's an animation for the character standing on the ground, after being transformed, an animation for the character being held up and drained by Demitri, and one that is played after Demitri finishes his draining and the character is completely drained/dead.  The new standard supports Midnight Bliss animations of essentially any length (you get 47 ticks total for the standing animation, 93 for the being held/draining animation, and 18 ticks for the dead/completely drained animation. It should be noted, however, that it doesn't break anything to exceed those limits, but the parts of those animations beyond those limits won't be shown).

So there's no issue at all with exceeding the usual Midnight Bliss animation standards used in MUGEN!
#474  October 23, 2017, 12:47:17 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 09:28:32 pm by sabockee
#475  October 23, 2017, 10:25:48 pm
    • USA
That looks really solid, Sabockee. Everything looks in order! ^^

I was going to mention making the dress droop a bit more, but I realize that that's probably the kind of dress that only droops so much, since it's probably the kind that's really stiff for the most part.

As for Akuma and Haohmaru, if you need the images I've had for Haohmaru, I can toss them that way (or you can proooobably find them around on the net. There's actually a legit female Haohmaru from some game, just like there's apparently a legit MALE Nakoruru D: ). Or, you can come up with your own unique thing for Haoh, since those images were literally just female Haohmaru lol. I mean, they came up with something unique for Genjuro, so why not? : v Akuma should be easy to transfer over~

(I should link an image I saw recently about maid Akuma and Demitri, but I will refrain from doing so~)
#476  October 23, 2017, 10:51:27 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
Yeah, the animation looks nice and smooth, but in my opinion. it also looks a little bit bland (for lack of a better word), if you don't mind me saying that. I mean, there's hardly any change to the pose or silhouette of the character. Why not, for example, do something with the braids, like shrivelling them up or something? Or make the dress droop a bit more. Yeah, it would probably not be realistic with the kind of dress she wears, but I think it would look nicer and hey, who cares about realism in a Darkstalkers character anyway? ;) Just a suggestion.
But it's a well done sprite either way. :)
#477  October 23, 2017, 11:57:40 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
(...)
Xenomic, I would be greatful if you gave me links to the references you're talking about. Thanks in advance.

(...)
Don't worry, I don't mind it at all.
A crinoline is supposed to be stiff, that's why I decided not to give too much movement to it, but I understand what you're talking about - you only confirmed my doubts.
Thanks for the constructive suggestions, Toni.
#478  October 24, 2017, 12:21:14 am
    • USA
Oh, so that's the name of the dress? I didn't even know it had a fancy name like that, but I had a feeling it was one of those really stiff dresses. As for the pose, I think it's fine. Some characters don't change their pose at all in SVC (Darkstalkers they change it quite a bit, but not always. Rikuo's is pretty much the same, as well as Lord Raptor's), so I think it's fine as it is.

As for reference images, here's what I got for Haohmaru:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

And the "official" one, from Lost Saga~

(I was looking around to see if there was anything interesting for Nakoruru too, outside of the one POTS did for her, but I can't find anything interesting for her. T-T)

And as a bonus, just for you, I'll post that Maid Akuma/Demitri image~ :3

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I don't think you need the sprite for that one, right? If you do, I can try to track it down.
#479  November 18, 2017, 07:11:28 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Some of Midnight Bliss transformations I've made recently.

Zangbear and Mika are supposed to follow the rules of cps2 style.
Since I'm not an expert in cps2 sprites, feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Hopefuly I did things right.

FemAlex is cvs-styled. Drain animation is still the work in progress.

------------------------

@Xenomic:

Mika's MB is first of the sprites requested by txs.  (You probably noticed that this is a remake of my old sprite).
I've got one more sprite to do for him (it's a MB for CapCommando), then I'll start to work on stuff for you, Xeno.
Haohmaru goes first.
Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:53:12 pm by sabockee
#480  November 18, 2017, 10:51:52 pm
    • USA
Ah yeah, I knew that Mika looked very familiar lol. I do like this one a lot better, it looks a lot cleaner and actually more detailed than the original. Be interesting to see the drain for that if you did it. But that Alex! That is a very nice update to Alex's Midnight Bliss for sure! : o

Will look forward to the Haoh (and Akuma afterwards) when you get to em~ Should be simple enough for Haoh at least. ^^