• USA
Feel free to ignore

I'm willing to help if you guys need any, although im still a bit rusty
Re: Demitri Maximoff
#162  January 05, 2016, 03:57:09 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
As far as the cape, face, and red part of the tux goes, it makes a whole lot of a difference (which I like :)), but for the arm/leg/doublet, I think it wouldn't make much of a difference, but I think I can incorporate it. I'll do that (along w/ the taunt tomorrow).

Also:

I'm willing to help if you guys need any, although im still a bit rusty

That would be lovely, if you have spare time. Feel free to talk to armentis (or me) about it.

EDIT: As for the first comment, after a second revision, forget what I said, I'll incorporate the changes tomorrow. Thanks a million, mate. :)
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:01:25 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#163  January 06, 2016, 07:23:22 am
    • Mexico
Thanks for all the help and support

but i stay with the plan [the cape is the last part]  , and make the plan come true, i almost finish my part and with the CS the work of edit the cape is more easy , and for all the helpers please dont take out the aura, because more frames need more aura and need to flow correctly.

and by the way i really love this pallet and i know is not a perfect animation but is a wip and maybe going to have more retouches in the future 
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

lui

#164  January 06, 2016, 08:06:29 am
    • USA
i thought the aura is being removed from most of the anims to have transparency?

i have a quick question, are you guys actually pming eachother and communicating or are you two just winging it and doing stuff on your own without any formal communication?

im saying this because black hatter already did alot of frames without the aura and now zero wants the aura, plus black hatter and -sin already did a pretty solid lp anim and zero just posted his own as if he didn't know about BH's version, which is a bad sign for consistency. remember dudes, communication is key if this is to be a organized project
Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:09:39 am by walruslui
#165  January 06, 2016, 08:13:57 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
* Jango Brown is having flashbacks of Kid Buu's overlapping animations
#166  January 06, 2016, 08:24:43 am
    • Mexico
Nop the aura is not removed because  is a problem make the fx hires (like cvs) form and then matching whit the pixels in the animations

And i tell to black h much times about that, but he dont understand me, and if you consider the percentage i have done 60% of the full char but he is retouching thinks that have a CS and make that really difficult because is waisted the time of others not only me. And more than anything making noise
And that think of the aura and the cape is in this topic in the first pages. and is not my new version is really old,but he is
doing what he can and want is a good boy and talented, but we have a that problem of communication

About the aura is removed , but is not going to be hires and not in this part of the proyect. Is only  for have
 a numeration of it or a sistem,.that is not removed becase with a pallet chage the aura have the number of the animation and make more easy to match it
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:04:25 am by zero de armentis

lui

#167  January 06, 2016, 08:27:32 am
    • USA
yeah uh, recreating the aura seperately is really easy, and doesn't require much. thats why we all agreed to take out the aura, since it would clash with the cvs-ish fx badly.

and the adjustments BH is making to the existing anims are fantastic, i would use those instead. Converting the SvC sprites looks good on its own, but alot of the anims need some adjusting to look CvS-ish, which he is doing a good job of.

BH says that he sends his frames to froz for him to CS, so that's not a big deal i presume.

So yeah uh, this isn't good. this whole "winging it" thing for a sprite project is not good at all. I understand it though since yknow language barriers but you two really need to improve on this communication issue if you really wanna finish it, and i have faith you do :)
Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:31:03 am by walruslui
#168  January 06, 2016, 12:09:51 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I'll be honest with you, armentis, you're not fit to lead an entire sprite project, and it doesn't looks like you learned anything from Kid Buu. Your decisions tend to be questionable, you clearly ignored everyone else's progress (which is mainly a communication problem with yourself), and you just seem to rush things very often, as I frequently keep seeing hints of KOF shading whenever you convert Demitri's sprites to CvS. Zaitsu Hatter, on the other hand, actually puts time on his animations and makes sure they are accurate to the style in terms of both shading and animation flow.

Just comparing both of these shows not only that you didn't even bother to look at the previous pages at all, but that you also still have a lot to learn about consistency in animation (look at the way your Demitri's leg just simply slides downwards then backwards, rather than staying still, and the knee is not looking consistent in here either), and yet you come out of nowhere being like "thanks, I'll take over from here".

That doesn't sounds like good team work from your part, and I suggest you do more research on sprite animating, because your animations tend to be very stiff most of the time.

Shit
New #169  January 06, 2016, 12:16:16 pm
Zaitsu Hatter, on the other hand, actually puts time on his animations and makes sure they are accurate to the style in terms of both shading and animation flow.

Ohi, that's my edit! :P
I edited his gif and even added a frame there!
But yeah, it's not entirely my work, so...

About shading, I can't call it CvS because the lightsource isn't right. Only his head respects the CvS lightsource, but the rest of his body doesn't.
Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 11:01:42 pm by AlexSin

lui

#170  January 06, 2016, 12:44:19 pm
    • USA
thats because they're converting the frames directly from the svc sheet, and since its a kof styled set the lightsource comes slightly from the front.
#171  January 06, 2016, 02:11:59 pm
I know that, but they could have thought of changing the lightsource too. I had mentioned this before and Hatter told me it was only for the cape, but I wasn't talking about just the cape. All the character has the same lightsource.
This is like dampir works. It may be better executed, but it's still the same thing.

And if you're wondering why I didn't fix the shading on my edit, well, that's because that wasn't my main concern at the moment, also it would clash with the other sprites posted here; my attention was focused on the animation, which didn't look smooth, so I went and edited some frames plus added a new one.
And there would be a lot to be fixed anyway. You should take this as a reference, since it's very well done:

(it was already posted here)

In any case this is just my opinion.
#172  January 06, 2016, 03:02:42 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Ok just in my defence regarding how Demitri's body is shaded, there were so many frames done like that in the worksheet I was given, and the fact that Froz mentioned that he has CSed 100 frames was going to be too much of a hassle, to be honest. But I agree, and I'd do the shading just like the image.

im saying this because black hatter already did alot of frames without the aura and now zero wants the aura, plus black hatter and -sin already did a pretty solid lp anim and zero just posted his own as if he didn't know about BH's version, which is a bad sign for consistency. remember dudes, communication is key if this is to be a organized project

(Black Hatter?) Inboxed

Also after this post, we really hope this discussion ends here, and the next posts focus on feedback and such.
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:09:16 pm by Zaitsu Hatter

lui

#173  January 06, 2016, 03:56:27 pm
    • USA
OOHHHH thats why you changed the name. so sorry mate i never knew about that term, im just used to your old name thats all, hope i didnt offend you