YesNoOk

GREATEST MUGEN CREATOR OF ALL TIME... WHO IS IT? (Read 2889 times)

Started by The Jaquio, September 21, 2019, 01:06:24 am
Share this topic:
GREATEST MUGEN CREATOR OF ALL TIME... WHO IS IT?
#1  September 21, 2019, 01:06:24 am
  • Don't copy code if you don't understand it.
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com
Who is the Greatest Mugen Creator of all time?

Just wanted to start this conversation to give my point of view on this subject.  When someone thinks of who is the greatest at any one given thing there are always many debates.  Me personally, I think it all comes down to who made the most impact during their Era.  For example, when it comes down to baseball almost everyone mentions Babe Ruth (My opinion, it’s Barry Bonds even though he is not all that popular).  Why? Was it his home runs? Was it his high batting average or OPS?  We know with his skill set; he would have never made it out of AA minor league baseball if he played today.  However, his impact in baseball during the 1920’s was so great he actually saved the game of baseball.  Second example, most people see Michael Jordan as the greatest basketball player ever.  Why? Lebron James literally has no weakness except that he is an average free throw shooter.  Larry Bird won three straight MVP’s during the time when Jordan, Isiah Thomas, Magic, Kareem, and Dr. J were all in the NBA. Bill Russell won 11 rings in 13 seasons. I think it’s because of the impact that he had on basketball.  Families who cannot even afford to pay their bills month to month will still make sure their children have a $200 pair on Jordan’s on their feet. Now back to mugen.  I have personally thought the greatest mugen creator ever was Reuben Kee.  Why? Because when he created Evil Ryu and Ken around 2001 no one in mugen was doing anything like that.  He was a pioneer in the community and the creation of those characters was revolutionary at the time.  However, the facts cannot be ignored.  Based on my criteria, the greatest mugen creator ever is P.O.T.S. Why?  The impact his creations have on mugen is so catastrophic that no other creator has even came close.  You have hundreds of edits in his style.  You have hundreds of edits imitating his style.  If the gameplay of SeanAlty’s shades of Manhattan was pots style, it would be twice as popular (even though his original game play is awesome.) If my Vampire: Season of the Souls full game was in pots style, I know I would have way more than 80 views per video on YouTube (lol). I have always liked pots style characters, but I am not just a crazy fan of it.  I still play sometimes with his original characters, but I don’t have more than 15 characters in his style on my computer.  So, I am giving this opinion from a non-biased point of view.  So, to all the readers, what do you think?  Who do you feel is the greatest mugen creator of all time?
Re: GREATEST MUGEN CREATOR OF ALL TIME... WHO IS IT?
#2  September 21, 2019, 01:33:27 am
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
MageFX, he made the best sonic chars ever.
this website is stupid
#3  September 21, 2019, 02:47:36 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Everyone's taste is different, so this is pointless. Not wanting to be rude.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#4  September 21, 2019, 03:18:55 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Eh, I see this as an opportunity to appreciate new and old eras. This engine's been around for so long that it wouldn't hurt to reminisce!

Honestly I'm a big 3ha fanboy and it's not the boomer in me talking; he genuinely kept making adaptations of characters that kinda broke the norm, and even his most faithful conversions always had some wacky element that made his stuff shine.

Ahuron's pretty close in that regard but I'm willing to bet that he was mostly influenced by 3ha. Could be wrong. Who knows. Love 'em both to bits.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#5  September 21, 2019, 05:18:19 am
  • Such a good day for chars.
    • USA
    • Waste-Poetry@hotmail.com
Personally, I'd probably just go with The_None if I could only choose one. The guy just has the greatest range I've ever seen. Not only is he capable of some of the most creative custom creations, but is clearly skilled in accurate conversions when he wants. Total package, quite frankly.
You either quit a decent creator, or stay long enough to become Kung Fu Man.
#6  September 21, 2019, 05:30:23 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Basara-kun, of course. He's the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be...

No, seriously, this:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#7  September 21, 2019, 06:43:30 am
  • Don't copy code if you don't understand it.
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com

To further clarify the topic…… 

To start, I have been literally using mugen since the end of 2001.  I seen many different trends come and go.  I am just rambling about the certain things I have seen over the years.  As for pots style, I don’t remember the last time a character design was this popular for so long. I remember before MVC3 was released, and the vs. characters were very popular.  Kong was releasing a mvc2 edit every week, Infinity mugen team was very active, and people in general were waiting on the real Marvel vs Capcom 3. I remember when RedHot first posted information about his Marvel vs Capcom 3 project about 10 years ago.  I remember Capcom Universes' first beta release, which was really around 2007 on the Mugen history website.  Also, I remember when the first version of Addon004 released around I’d say 2005.  It was a dope mugen creation, and nobody really seem to know about. Then around 2015, he released the update and people are still asking questions in this forum about how to use it.  In conclusion, I was just thinking about the different trends over the years and how some things are still around while others aren’t.  True, everybody has their own preference. I was just curious about the opinions of others and what they like.  That's it.