YesNoOk

PAVGN's Palettes; Finally, A Release! (Read 212163 times)

Started by PAVGN, January 12, 2012, 04:10:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: PAVGN's Palettes
#21  January 27, 2012, 03:48:03 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
Last already made set, Whispy Woods by fhqwhgads7:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

In-game screenshots, because his sprites are in pieces and I'm too lazy to piece them together correctly. Anyway, these are: Bluewood, Kula Diamond Attempt, Evil, Great Deku Tree Attempt.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/unanmmqait3166x/kIOeVu4-MW

I technically still have one character left, but I've only made one palette for them. So I want to make more before uploading those. I'll start working on requests tomorrow.
Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:52:23 am by PAVGN
#22  January 27, 2012, 05:11:05 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
The Kula one is awful, and the floor looks really bad, the colors are all over the place.
The rest are better, blue wood works okay, but a different leaf color would complement it, evil also works well. As for the Deku tree I say it works well and to be honest, you should have based the other palettes on different types of trees or stuff like that. Like a white tree bark for example. Keep at it I guess.
Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:14:25 am by Oxe
#23  January 27, 2012, 05:31:53 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
The Kula one is awful, and the floor looks really bad, the colors are all over the place.
The rest are better, blue wood works okay, but a different leaf color would complement it, evil also works well. As for the Deku tree I say it works well and to be honest, you should have based the other palettes on different types of trees or stuff like that. Like a white tree bark for example. Keep at it I guess.

This is good feedback. Thanks. The blue one was made because the character comes with red and green palettes, so I made blue for completeness sake. I like your idea of making palettes based off of other types of trees, I'll consider It for the future.
#24  January 27, 2012, 05:33:09 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
The Evil and Deku tree Attempt are quite nice, the first two on the other hand... well not too good specially the kula one, man you could even do a winter tree with that kula idea

Keep at it
Chilling
#25  January 27, 2012, 11:03:39 pm
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
The Evil and Deku tree Attempt are quite nice, the first two on the other hand... well not too good specially the kula one, man you could even do a winter tree with that kula idea

Keep at it

You just gave me a great idea. Thanks. :)

Of course knowing that my favorite palette maker is paying attention to what I make is reward enough.
#26  January 30, 2012, 02:16:50 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
I made two more palettes for God Phoenix:

First one is McDonalds, the second one is Shotgun Ice. I originally intended to only make a Shotgun Ice palette, but I finished making the yellow first, and realized It bared a resemblance to the McDonalds color scheme. I've added these to the God Phoenix palette pack. And while I'm at It, I might as well show this too:

No download for this until I can make It look good.

Currently I'm working on palettes for Whispy Woods and Rinrin. After I'm done with those I might update the palettes I said I would update.

do we take requests? if so can you go off easy by doing palettes for yumina by fervicante? and perhaps have one of the palettes be remi otogiri from groove on fight?

Do you mean Yurika Kirishima? I went to the site where fervicante's characters are hosted and didn't find a character with that name.
Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:58:23 am by PAVGN
#27  January 30, 2012, 02:30:38 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
you never been to this site, it's at the hosted section with fervicante at the home page
#28  January 30, 2012, 02:45:00 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
#29  January 30, 2012, 03:50:26 am
  • I'm back again.
lost and forget
#30  January 30, 2012, 03:53:45 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
#31  January 31, 2012, 01:58:44 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
Here are the palettes I made for Rinrin, I hope the fact that I was first to finish doing this request doesn't fuck up the plans anyone one else who wanted to take the request might've had:

In order, they are: Angel (King of Fighters), Jasmine (Aladdin), Zero Suit Samus, Mina (Samurai Showdown), Kula Diamond, Zero (Mega Man X). The rest are, how do you say, custom? I had to do custom palettes because I had a hard time coming up with ideas for her, and there were some themed palettes I wanted to make that didn't work out.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?39ubafe393bbtj3

And now, feedback request! I'm working on improving the Kula Diamond palette for Whispy Woods. Tell me which one you think looks better:

One last thing, I want to make Spider-Man palettes, but which version of Spider-Man is the best? Best can be defined by ether best overall or having the best color separation (Unless It's the same or identical in all versions).
#32  February 01, 2012, 01:41:48 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
One last thing, I want to make Spider-Man palettes, but which version of Spider-Man is the best? Best can be defined by ether best overall or having the best color separation (Unless It's the same or identical in all versions).

Ok, so I lied. I only wanted to make one palette for him, and I just used Erradicator's Spider-Man since It's the one I already have.

If you don't know what this is just ask, It's actually kind of interesting.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dayk03h4c1a1ri1
#33  February 02, 2012, 10:58:09 pm
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
Here are the Yurika Kirishima palettes:

Remi Otogiri, Hatsune Miku, B.B. Hood, Chun-Li, Kula Diamond, Captain Falcon, Blue Suede Goo, Maxine.

I didn't alter the piano player in any of them except the Kula Diamond one because I was both lazy and unable to come up with ideas for what I could change her to for the other palettes.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?338913bmta1mt4y
#34  February 05, 2012, 06:47:48 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Some of them look okay, but the Maxine one looks pretty bad, you went with this cartoony approach I think, may have been your intention but avoid that. Why don't you try doing some original based palettes? They can work well and can be better than character based palettes.
#35  February 06, 2012, 01:17:50 am
    • Mexico
interesting palettes, about rinrin my favorites a re samus and jasmine  :)
#36  February 08, 2012, 12:30:39 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
the Maxine one looks pretty bad, you went with this cartoony approach I think, may have been your intention but avoid that.

Yeah, I was going for accuracy on that palette, but I should avoid It in the future.

interesting palettes, about rinrin my favorites a re samus and jasmine  :)

Thanks, Jasmine's my favorite from that set too.

And now, completely underwhelming filler:

Yeah, I made the Spider-Man palette I did for Spy-Dama by fu-lin. Again, If you want to know what this is just ask.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dyikdi5d5ygzs5s
#37  February 12, 2012, 02:47:14 am
    • USA
    • stacksmash.kontek.net/
Since everybody else has done them, I decided to make palettes for Psychopath Kyo by Dr. Kelexo.

And in a stunning move of complete unoriginality, I'm going to show where I got the ideas from the same way Blackmore and MDD did.

Like with MDD's palettes there's an obvious theme going on here (except for the last one obviously). I was gonna make a Patrick Bateman palette too, but then I got tired of working on these.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8k3cv723abns2tg/hFZU7pLAiz
Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:28:22 am by PAVGN
Re: PAVGN's Palettes; Latest Set: Psychopath Kyo
#38  February 13, 2012, 03:06:42 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Kinda funny how the only thing I'll be known for is the way I presented my palettes, and not just the palettes themselves. :U

But yeah, this is a neat set you have here. Although the shading for the Kefka skin could have been darker on the darker shades.
#39  February 13, 2012, 03:08:35 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
glad to see that you are using the same technique that mdd and blackmore did, can you do hon-fu by mouser and make one of the palettes be bruce lee and fei-long? here's this alt link since randomselect's down:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/4MuYd-jq/Kof-Hon-Fu.html

note: it's an edit made for kof:extinction
#40  February 13, 2012, 04:04:37 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
the yellow hair and the green skin one aren't my cup of tea but the rest is pretty decent and I would say nice  :) keep it up

Oh Giygas, that was unexpected
Chilling