YesNoOk

Five Nights at Freddy's (Read 403475 times)

Started by Sleepy Eskimo, August 16, 2014, 05:51:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's
#121  March 04, 2015, 07:10:09 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I shudder to imagine what's next. I left my game on to listen to the Night 3 phonecall, and now I know why Springtrap has his name.

My kid bro told me Freddy's going to show up on Night 3 as well as the rest of the FNaF1 crew. He also said that apparently it's possible to keep Springtrap from getting close if I just keep sending audio into adjacent rooms to get him to move away from the office, and that whenever I hallucinate, I have to quickly find him again and get him back into the pattern again (or if he gets into the vents, lock the correct one fast enough).

I have to say it's exhilarating though, and even though it's early, it's already a MUCH more immersive experience than the previous FNaFs.
#122  March 04, 2015, 07:15:58 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
i sadly have only seen let's plays but that does seem to be the case as i've seen others do it, keep main focus on keeping him away and know how to reset him back to a safe spot. honestly wasn't expecting it to be that tense since there was less to worry about compared to 2 where you just had to fucking be on everything at all times. liking what he did here
#123  March 04, 2015, 07:19:38 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Yeah, in practice, there's less to do since you're just keeping him away. What makes it tense is the unknown factor of the hallucinations. I already learned how to ward off Balloon Boy, but I fear the others won't be as easy.
#124  March 04, 2015, 08:30:40 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Scott's site got updated again. This is all that's on it.

So from what I'm reading, the fandom is blowing up over it because they don't know whether this means this is the last FNaF (since removing the hat in the spotlight suggests that's Freddy's performance is done) or that there's a fourth one on the way (some people say that they can see a Freddy reflection in the hat).

I haven't beaten 3 yet to confirm whether or not he should continue the series, but it'd be pretty dumb for him to put the brakes on this juggernaut of a game series.
Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 09:02:59 am by Jango Hakamichi
#125  March 04, 2015, 10:22:51 pm
    • USA
the series is basically over, after what the third game revealed. Im almost sure that's what hes trying to suggest
#126  March 04, 2015, 11:11:48 pm
  • SNK is life
Kotaku tells all in the minigame walkthrough. It looks pretty final to me.
#127  March 05, 2015, 09:06:50 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Okay Beat Night 3... YUP the rest of the FNaF1 gang is here. Thankfully Freddy was pretty easy to avoid, and I find that you can pretty much avoid every hallucination by switching your camera feed RIGHT AWAY. The only hallucination I got hit with was Foxy. I still haven't figured out how to stop him, but seeing that he's the wildcard of the series, I'm sure there's some weird way to do it.

Currently my strategy is to find Springtrap, try to get him to cycle between two rooms, where one isn't attached to a vent, and then pre-emptively seal off the other vent. Seems to work until a failure happens after which point I have to go hunting for him again, although I found that if all else fails, spamming a sound in a room will EVENTUALLY get him to go nearby (or I'm just lucky I guess). And oddly enough, I found that if you see him watching you through the window, you can get him to leave if you play a voice in Camera 2 right away (which means you want to seal off the adjacent vent right away).

My kid bro just texted me telling me that I fucked up because I didn't do some minigames that you have to access on Night 2, so I'm going to get the Bad Ending. So are you telling me Scott not only panders to furries, but fucking weaboos too?!

the series is basically over, after what the third game revealed. Im almost sure that's what hes trying to suggest
Kotaku tells all in the minigame walkthrough. It looks pretty final to me.
To be fair, I haven't even gotten near the end, and this just FEELS like the way it should end. I know I said that he'd be foolish to end the series, but considering the following he's built, I'm sure he could start a kickstarter or something and people would throw lods of emone at him. At the very least, he'd have people getting hyped for "The Next Game by The Creator of FNaF."

Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of Freddy Fazbear. It would be super awesome if he had some cameos (ie: how Banang keeps showing up in Telltale games).

But there's a bigger question at hand...

ARE YOU READY FOR FREDDY?!
#128  March 05, 2015, 09:13:43 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
lol don't worry about the endings for now, not too important. you seem to have it down fairly well, good luck with the last two though
#129  March 05, 2015, 03:41:51 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
The one thing I had pointed out is that when you inspect the html code, the tag for the hat is labelled as "decoded" which I don't know the significance. It may mean that people have figured things out, or that his whole story is complete.
#130  March 06, 2015, 02:13:35 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
Amusing....I still have yet to play this game....
#131  March 06, 2015, 06:47:23 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Still trying to beat Night 4, it's kicking my ass so far though (The Puppet's hallucination is VERY hard to react to, disables you from doing anything productive, and allows other hallucination jumpscares to be triggered). On the plus side, I'm getting better at spotting Springtrap (I noticed that he has at least two different "in the room" poses per camera, so instead of standing out in the open, you might see him in a shadow just near the edge of the camera view). Also apparently the Foxy jumpscare happens if you stare at the camera for too long? I dunno, but it hasn't happened to me at all on this night, so maybe that's not it. Will post when I get it done.

In the meantime, enjoy the "running" animation someone ripped of Springtrap:

EDIT: After dying a lot (I think... 10 times?), Night 4 completed. The cycling between rooms trick worked like a charm. I got my timing down pretty well. So here are a few things I learned:

• Being able to see Springtrap isn't entirely necessary. That way, if you get a camera error, but you have an audio cue ready to go, go ahead and use it in an adjacent room. Provided you guided him to a room that doesn't lead to an air vent (if you did, you should also seal off the vent), you should have enough time to continue the cycle without Springtrap leaving the area.
  • If you see any hallucinations in the camera, for the love of god just switch the camera right away to the next room. I had a bad habit of hovering my mouse over the audio cue buttons, so I kept delaying my switches.
  • As a rule of thumb, just seal the closest air vent to the room you're cycling Springtrap through. This way if you somehow trigger a hallucination (ie: Foxy), Springtrap won't be able to enter the vent (He might try though, but if he hits an already sealed vent, he's pretty much trapped so you can call him back out with an audio cue)
  • If you get Springtrap in Camera 2, IMMEDIATELY seal the Air Vent below that camera. Pull this off, and you're safe to lure him to Camera 5 (which will require him to take at least two moves to get into an air vent).

I was so pumped so I tried to do Night 5 but Foxy is RELENTLESS, and I think for that night I actually have to put the camera down every now and then. I'll probably do it tomorrow.
Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:46:22 am by Jango Hakamichi
#132  March 06, 2015, 10:32:24 pm
  • Swiggety Swootys, Girls have those cooties.
    • USA
    • jonathan15803@gmail.com
HOo boy I have a theory, spoilers though because its about after fnaf 3 and its ending. So if youre still playing through the game I wouldnt open this theory yet. *coughJangocough*
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
*burp*
#133  March 09, 2015, 01:33:54 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Hmm, I'd like to report that the previous image tag in the html for the hat has disappeared, it's now unlabelled removing the previously mentioned "decoded" img src tag.
#134  March 12, 2015, 12:40:36 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net

So someone posted this in another forum I go to which depicts Scott seemingly confirming FNAF4 due to the recent outcry that 3 would be the last in the series.

However take this with a grain of salt since I haven't been able to track down any official post from Scott confirming this (let alone the actual post itself). I also find it weird that no mention of this "confirmation" is circulating around the web considering that the image says he posted that a few days ago. Usually people would be uploading all sorts of news and videos by this time.

By the way, there's a hidden message in there which spells out "Fredbears" which is obviously referring to Fredbear's Family Diner which is where the game will take place if this is actually legit.
#135  March 12, 2015, 12:54:20 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I feel like Scott's been creative enough that he wouldn't use the same double-letters thing again to tease something.  That's probably fake.  Although, a game set in the original Fredbear's Family Diner would make some sense, depending on if you believe the Sixth Child theory or not.
#136  March 12, 2015, 01:18:16 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
You say that and yet we see Scott always using that "brightening the image" trick multiple times to the point where it's basically standard procedure to brighten any image that may come across from him.

Also the image has been deemed fake, not surprised at all, but a fourth game would be nice despite how definitive the ending is.
#137  March 12, 2015, 02:05:47 am
    • USA
You raise a decent point.
#138  March 12, 2015, 10:41:10 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
IIRC the newspaper clippings in the first game read "as many as five children," so yeah there could be more.

I personally don't think there should be a fourth game as pretty much all the main questions have been answered (The Purple Man, the kids, why the animatronics do what they do), so it wouldn't make sense because...

• If it's a sequel, Scott would have to go back to using the "malfunctioning Toy animatronics" concept instead of "animatronics that want you dead," which is really boring, and the point of him dismantling the Toys in FNaF2 was to eliminate that possibility.
  • If it's a prequel... nothing really happened at Fredbear's. It just happened to be the name of the old diner, and MAYBE something happened there before, but I don't recall them having their own problems with the animatronics. Even then, not all the murders happened there, so at the very least, there'd be one or two animatronics less to monitor.
  • Scott, please make something new. If you put it on Kickstarter I guarantee your fans will throw money at it like nuts, maybe even beat out Homestuck's video game Kickstarter.
#139  March 12, 2015, 11:35:39 am
    • USA
    IIRC the newspaper clippings in the first game read "as many as five children," so yeah there could be more.

If it's a prequel... nothing really happened at Fredbear's. It just happened to be the name of the old diner, and MAYBE something happened there before, but I don't recall them having their own problems with the animatronics. Even then, not all the murders happened there, so at the very least, there'd be one or two animatronics less to monitor.[/li][/list]

Well, basically the theory goes like this:
    • Both the Give Gifts/Give Life and Foxy minigames depict 5 children having been murdered within the pizzeria.
    • However, the Take Cake to the Children minigame clearly shows that there was one child murdered outside of the restaurant as well.
    • The only animatronic shown in that minigame is Freddy, but it ends with the Puppet's jumpscare.

Based on all of that, the theory goes that there was a sixth child who was killed at, but not inside, Fredbears Family Diner long before the events of FNaF2, whose body was disposed of in a more conventional way than the others.  Not being bound to one specific animatronic, that child's spirit became the Puppet, and is the catalyst for all of the rest of the supernatural happenings in the series.[/list]
    #140  March 12, 2015, 11:43:19 am
    • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
    silly person man
    Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty