YesNoOk

Re: Zorf Giudecca & Eiji Shirow Sprite WIP (Read 62514 times)

Started by NiO ErZeBeTh, March 09, 2015, 05:27:08 am
Share this topic:
Re: Zorf Giudecca & Eiji Shirow Sprite WIP
#1  March 09, 2015, 05:27:08 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
I have been making a slowly but sure progress on this character, there's 2 awesome spriters who would help me to fix some of my animations, so quality should be in this character... there's a lot of place holder sprites and I know they need to be cropped, but I'm not cropping them yet because that huge size help me to edit a few things

anyway, hoping some of you can add some ideas or animations, I give you the Beta for this character

WATCH AN UPDATED VIDEO HERE: https://youtu.be/M1acJFvgu88

NEWER VERSION LINK: https://www.sendspace.com/file/krsw92

my idea is to finish the sprites for this character and anyone could make their version of him

I'm leaving it here for 2 reasons...

1- Anyone who gets bored can contribute adding sprites or animations here...

2- As a backup because I have lost files and I don't want it to happen again x)
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:29:55 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
Re: Zorf Giudecca Sprite WIP
#2  March 09, 2015, 06:18:50 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
You just uploaded the def file, I wanna make at least one animation for him.
I'll work on it.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#3  March 09, 2015, 06:43:17 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
That would be great, also if you are still open to comissions, we could talk about the gethits
            Zorf Giudecca
#4  March 10, 2015, 12:58:05 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
The Mystery is out. I don't know for how long I've been waiting for this guy!!
Good Luck with it, NiO!
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#5  March 10, 2015, 08:14:19 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Kusaa is already helping me with the gethits, I added 2 or 3 placeholders and he is going to edit them

As soon as we have new material I will upload an update, turning and gethits will be updated this days
            Zorf Giudecca
#6  March 11, 2015, 04:16:59 am
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
Is he doing all the gethits?
I could easily edit the collapse KO animation, I have a fully functional template for those animations.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#7  March 11, 2015, 06:26:58 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Nope, I already made some placeholders, but like 4-5 sprites in need of more edition...

Tell me what would you like to do, and as soon as we add a fee things I will upload a newer version

A collapse KO would be awesome
            Zorf Giudecca
#8  March 11, 2015, 06:35:18 am
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
I could do the collapse and a hard punch that I sketched a while back for him.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#9  March 11, 2015, 11:00:23 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Go for it :Dl
            Zorf Giudecca
#10  March 24, 2015, 06:03:25 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
well, those 2 spriters that were commited to help me have been really busy with real life stuff and haven't made more progress (and I know how does it feel)... so today I made a few ugly but helpful lines or sketches to use them as place holders and start completing the character idea and later fix them with better quality and maybe franken spriting...

here some samples for that...

if anyone wants to contribute fixing some of my stuff let me know, I will be really happy to get help for this guy

here is the last alpha, so if you are interested you can download him here and edit from there :D

https://www.sendspace.com/file/s65tsg
            Zorf Giudecca
#11  March 24, 2015, 06:06:35 am
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
Oh no, broken 2k3 Robert leg!
Hehe, I lost a lot of hair watching that animation, I'll change that one too!
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#12  March 24, 2015, 07:28:24 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca
#13  March 26, 2015, 09:24:36 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
sharing my wall of shame... showing you some of mi first sprites for the character compared with a few newer ones (and still in process of fixing them)

old "stand to crouch" sprite... look at the pants, hair shadow and hair lost xD

run sprite... as you can see, it has changed a lot, I do belive there was another older run, but some of my sprites were lost or overwriten

older walk backwards sprites... as you can see, I'm trying to make them look less Iori and mostly less "Element" because they have similar design but I want him to shine over the rest of them x)

aerial kick... this one is similar to one of Rugal's kick... but made from scratch, as you can see it's not finished and still has a few problems here and there, but I'm fixing them slowly

another unfinished one, in this one you can see how some simple pixels can change a lot your character, in this case, the second sprite looks more accurate and less "little face" jaw was looking small and strange, and I still need to shange shadows and hair

and another example, at first I believe the crouching animation was cool looking, but I found it was "to dark" compared to standing animation and wasn't sure what to change... playing around I change his pants and shadow, and I think it looks better now

here a few examples on unfinished animations that already look better than before (but that's not saying much) xD
----------------------------------------------------------

http://s973.photobucket.com/user/nioexe/library/NINTENDO%20AGE?sort=3&page=1
-----------------------------------------------------------

and last for now, you can download the progress here... I will be really happy if some spriters join to help me create (or fix) some animations for the character, so far @Techo is interested in helping me with him, and that's an excellent new, that means quality for sure

LINK: https://www.sendspace.com/file/pkto6c
            Zorf Giudecca
#14  March 26, 2015, 12:41:13 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I love the smoothness of his hair when he's walking... although I really can't get his kicking animation. He just raises his leg, then out of nowhere, his leg does a swing motion just for that. It would probably work if it was a different kind of kick that requires putting more strength into your leg, but all he's doing in there is raising his leg, so it just feels unnecessary.

Also, just my opinion, but it would be nice if his turning around animation actually moved his head in a turning around motion, rather than just making it mirrored.

Shit
#15  March 26, 2015, 12:55:45 pm
i agree, the use of smear animation here is wrong for two reasons. first it implies that the kick is fast and powerful, and second is that it's direction is forward while the kick is actually going up.
so you might wanna remove that frame.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#16  March 26, 2015, 01:54:23 pm

Quick edit.

HQ

#17  March 26, 2015, 07:31:45 pm
there's much to improve here, take a look at http://art-eater.com/2010/07/test-1-darkstalkers/ Study other animations, Diepods for example and you will gradually improve :) also it helps to get a good knowledge of anatomy

also the leg on the ground should bend forward as you create force by pushing forward with the other leg
Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 07:43:27 pm by HQ
#18  March 26, 2015, 08:12:14 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
And that's why I'm sharing this project, i'm loving the feedback and fixes you have made...

Just one little thing, can you upload them as separated images, png if possible to start editing over them, I really like what both of you did and I got a better idea about the leg position and movemente in both cases
            Zorf Giudecca
#19  March 26, 2015, 09:42:10 pm
  • SNK is life
#20  March 27, 2015, 04:50:26 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
thanks Walto, it works!!

well, gonna try them tonight!
            Zorf Giudecca
#21  March 27, 2015, 07:47:12 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
trying the fixes you give me advice and a "new" idea, something like a stomp (if that's the word)

now I have to edit them and clean them, but that's something I think I'm gonna do in photoshop to see them as layers and animated (I want every animation as fluid as possible, something like his standing)

I used to edit all my stuff on fighter factory, but since the editor needs to be open to every single image, I'm not comfortable and used to it

hard kick idea    ------ stom light kick idea

I think both look better in game, but anyways, they noe need pixel by pixel edits (that comes later)

-----------------------------------

also, I did a few retouches to the walk animation, mostly the face, yes I did change the face again, but I think this is the last time I change the face there xD

still unfinished, but I'm going to make it less static, a few more movement will be seen, not sure if would be a good idea to use nearly the same animation as walk backwards or animate the last one made...

anyways, here is what I got so far

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:19:47 am by NiO KuSaNaGi
#22  March 27, 2015, 12:23:01 pm
  • Shit
Goddamn, those clothes are insanely smooth. Even just looking at his sleeve is already amazing enough to me.

Shit
#23  March 28, 2015, 02:55:43 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I'm having a really hard time with my Pc charger power adapter... it kinda works but it doesn't...

So, I might be a bit slower this 2 weeks because I'm 100% sure one of this days the Pc will not retain charge until I get another AC adapter, and I just ordered one like 3 days ago from Hong Kong, so might take 2 weeks...

Anyways... added a few frames to the animations, every sprite needs to be fixed, but at least I nearly got what I wanted, hard kick would be a bit more "hard" once I start to edit the complete animation, maybe 1 more frame would be added to add face expression on it, stomp os looking pretty cool in game, once they are edited completely surely they will be awesome to see :D

I hope the adapter comes sooner than expected because right now I'm not using it, it was plugged and hot as hell, I had to unplug the damn thing

Don't pay attention to his feets, I already learn how I should sprite them, this is just an animation reusing existing sprites and kinda frankensprited
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:07:34 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
#24  March 30, 2015, 03:01:28 am
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
    • network.mugenguild.com/madkat
They look so fluid, maybe a little bit of front hair movement on the hard kick. But looks so good.
<- Foros Mugen en español. And also English forums.
#25  March 30, 2015, 11:33:27 pm
  • #flop
    • Chile
Genial que retomaras este personaje NIO!!!
#26  April 05, 2015, 06:42:02 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:45:26 am by NiO KuSaNaGi
#27  April 11, 2015, 05:34:11 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I'm doing this one today...

some of you may think... why this guuy doesn't finish his animations first and then goes for another?

well, I was really used to sprite and edit animations using an older Fighter Factory that let you edit pixel by pixel without the need to open an Image Editor (inside the FF program)... so, I want to make basic animations and later on download the same old fighter factory to edit all the details there (because using the .air movements  there is really helpful)

Zorf Giudecca
#28  April 12, 2015, 09:45:39 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca
#29  April 12, 2015, 11:12:57 pm
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
    • network.mugenguild.com/madkat
Zorc is going well, what are the bases? K' and Iori? it would help to others to make basics :P
<- Foros Mugen en español. And also English forums.
#30  April 13, 2015, 04:58:19 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Iori for the stand and run, all others are made from scracth
            Zorf Giudecca
#31  April 13, 2015, 11:47:12 am
I know that's supposed to be an attack, but I can't help but imagine it is a winpose: "Yeah, I won!" it keeps telling me! Maybe you could add some legs movement and his back could move a bit too, it's stiff looking (in my opinion).
Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 12:47:29 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#32  April 13, 2015, 08:25:27 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I know that's supposed to be an attack, but I can't help but imagine it is a winpose: "Yeah, I won!" it keeps telling me! Maybe you could add some legs movement and his back could move a bit too, it's stiff looking (in my opinion).

haha yeah, I tought the same, I'm still considering what should I change for them, also I believe it looks stiff because I haven't change anything about the hair (long part) and just a bit of the upper side of hair... maybe changing that would make it look better, and I'm seriously planing to add an extra frame when he has his arms up to make something like his light kick (something more "slash'ish) like GGXrd Sol sword moves
            Zorf Giudecca
#33  April 19, 2015, 12:06:17 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
showing progress again...

I have been in contact with a fan of my character (yeah he introduced himself like that), we chat every now and then in FB chat...
He already knows I have been searching for spriters to help the project and he commited himself and did a single sprite...

Have to say it was ok, but wasn't really good, so I changed a few things here and there and make it look less Iori and kinda cooler... and, just because I have some free time I did a few more frames to it, trying to make aa turning animation (yeah it has old sprites added, but I will replace those because the foots need to be in place and not moving around like floating... and yeah, I learned that here :P)

---first idea---

---second idea---
I don't know if this would be an intro, or taunt or both... but I do like how it looks despite it needs to be fixed a lot

Zorf Giudecca
#34  April 19, 2015, 04:37:23 pm
  • Shit
Please, go with the first idea instead of the second one. The whole idea of a KOF OC flipping the bird just screams for "look at me, I'm edgy as fuck!"

I still remember seeing a Kula recolor doing the same thing, and at the time, I didn't know whether to laugh or just cringe. It just can't be taken seriously.

Shit
#35  April 19, 2015, 11:27:13 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
I agree with Motor Roach... the second one looks silly.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#36  April 20, 2015, 07:33:38 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
well, then it;s already decided...

I do like it because that's kinda how the character should be, something like an arrogant attitude, like you suck I don't...

but I guess that's already seen in some of his attacks and don't need that taunt x)
            Zorf Giudecca
#37  May 09, 2015, 09:18:22 pm
  • Ya me dio cosa...
    • Mexico
I will not be able to put gloves on him?
#38  May 10, 2015, 12:07:02 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
That should come later, color separation with gloves and better looking shoes (probably even taller)
            Zorf Giudecca
#39  June 14, 2015, 09:56:51 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
updating a bit...

added some sketches-place holders in the gethits and low kick (courching), can't remember if I did something else... anyways, putting a link here to use it as a backup, haven't been able to use my Pc lately and my pen tablet was lost xD

https://www.sendspace.com/file/aijr0s
            Zorf Giudecca
#40  June 18, 2015, 05:44:04 am
  • For the Murder!
I was looking into the sff file to check out the sprites. I noticed that the dash/run group uses the same sprite multiple times (1), is that necesary? why don't recycle the same sprite in the air file instead and save some file size in the sff by eliminating the extra sprites? of course unless you plan to add animations to the extra sprites in the fututre.

also I'm not medic expert but I think pulling a move like that (2) will put you in a wheelchair...

Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
#41  June 18, 2015, 06:01:54 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I'm working on him right now, trying to get the gethits done, I want to make mostly original sprites, trying not to use noticeable bases, I loved Lucy Fernandez not for the character itself, because the work made there... so I would like to do something like that

Run animation, Crouching and Walk (back and forward) will be animated like the standing animation, that's why I have multiple sprites there, I used to have a really ugly run before xD

about the punch I was testing how the new sprites and sketches look in game and I think that move needs one or 2 more frames, and now that you point it out, it's true, I need to rotate her knees and legs to make it work D:

thanks for the feedback

Zorf Giudecca
#42  June 19, 2015, 05:21:39 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
not really much updated, but as always putting this here so people can download him and play-sprite around if wanted or submit fixes or new things

so, I added a few gethits (that surely should be fixed in the future), an idea from a crouching kick, back dash idea added, air kick edited again and I don't remember if I added something more...

remember you can help me with this character, I'm not a bad spriter but I'm not a great one either so I need help xD

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1cdc97

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:26:55 am by NiO KuSaNaGi
#43  July 01, 2015, 11:18:12 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Hi agan, I was posting this on the CS thread but I think this is more than a color separation and I will do more than just CS the character

So here we go, I already CS nearly all what I wanted, I don't think I'm going to add more separation but who knows, maybe I will do it again once I finish fixing his sprites...

Here is a comparision of old Eiji Shirow (with my old sff patch) and the newer one...

I started and finish the headswap and now I'm fixing the first and second row, and I will do the same for every sprite here not changing sizes or poses until I've cropped all the sprites edited...

But now I have a question inside of me... Should I call him Eiji Shirow or should I try to make it another character?
The first time I did my sprite fixes Rikard was happy about it, he was pretty friendly and a nice guy, but that was some years ago, and the sprite edits weren't that heavy, and I'm doing this because some years ago I wanted to do a full game with @[Hagen]: and another spriters... just 2 of them did the original characters we wanted to include, one of them was Eiji as a guest character... I downloaded Hagen and read the readme (duh) about it, and I kinda feel bad and sad about it because I have been lazy and not organized and I want to contribute to the idea of at least a demo of our old idea "Chaos Theory"

So... thinking about it again... should I call him something like Eiji Clone? Eiji Shirow? or Another name? (it reminds me Walker, one of my OC)

Zorf Giudecca
#44  July 01, 2015, 05:54:18 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
What we could do is remove all the K' bases, since we already have two characters basing their sprite sets on him.
Could you send me the sff so I can see what's left after removing the K' bases?
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#45  July 01, 2015, 06:15:19 pm
  • Shit
I agree in here. The design itself looks pretty good, but the obvious K' poses kind of ruin it. If you're able to make him have a bit more of his own charisma and personality within his poses, I assure you that it'll make the character much more interesting.

Shit
#46  July 01, 2015, 09:07:11 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
those are the ones I don't really like because they look more obvious than other bases, wait for the .sff tonight, I can send yout the newer spritesheet if you want too
            Zorf Giudecca
#47  July 01, 2015, 09:23:13 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
The newer set would be a better choice.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#48  July 02, 2015, 05:33:45 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
ok, here is it... the spritesheet as it's now, putting it here for everyone so if someone wants to add new sprites or fix a few things it's welcome

https://www.sendspace.com/file/dsqj9x
            Zorf Giudecca
#49  July 02, 2015, 04:48:50 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
There are some Ramon, Terry, Krizalid, K9999 and even Vanessa there, but it is still mostly K'.
I am still iffy on keeping Khriz for his K' notorious bases, so, if you are willing to change almost 70% of this character, I don't think it would make it.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#50  July 02, 2015, 05:38:34 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I don't mean to intrude with a dumb question, but is this for a possible fullgame project between you two (Thedge and NiO)? Also, I agree with Thedge about your character, if 70% of him is K' based, you're better off dropping him in favor of someone with more flare and originality.
This is a generic forum signature.
#51  July 02, 2015, 06:03:38 pm
  • Lazy spriter
    • Bolivia
It is a long lost project from the Spriter's Academy days, Jess, Hagen, Zorf and other charas was being sprited for it, We're still trying to get whatever's left of it and build something out of it.
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#52  July 02, 2015, 07:18:02 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
It is a long lost project from the Spriter's Academy days, Jess, Hagen, Zorf and other charas was being sprited for it, We're still trying to get whatever's left of it and build something out of it.

Sounds rough. Good luck guys, I'd like to see where this goes. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
#53  July 02, 2015, 09:11:16 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
There are some Ramon, Terry, Krizalid, K9999 and even Vanessa there, but it is still mostly K'.
I am still iffy on keeping Khriz for his K' notorious bases, so, if you are willing to change almost 70% of this character, I don't think it would make it.

I'm going to be fixing every sprite in the spritesheet as I'm doing it now (first row so far), once I finish that, I will crop them, add to the character and start another sprite edit on them, mostly like you said, to avoid obvious bases and to change in a major scale, like entire arms, size and even if possible complete animations

hope it's not 70% what I need to change, once I do what I think would be enough to give him quality and originality I will post it here and you will be the judge, I want a new standing animation, I need to redo the running animation, I want to change the K' bases (even before you ask for it) and keep him in the same size, one thing I hated about the character was his transition of a muscular and tall body like Krizalid to a small and slim body like Vanessa xD
            Zorf Giudecca
#54  July 03, 2015, 07:34:41 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Good job Nio!

Also, I always loved what you did with Eiji back in time... :)
#55  July 04, 2015, 03:34:16 pm
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
Go with the original name, I think Rikard will not mind. Did you try to contact him?

#56  July 04, 2015, 06:52:23 pm
You can call him "Another Shirow", rick isn't the type to care for this. Btw, i know 'cause i know him from a bit of time. We're Italians and we talked alot in the past on bdimension forum and on the now rip msn messenger :P
About contact him, i already tried some times but i think his mail address isn't active anymore. Never got replies in all those years. Heck, Aiduzzi talked to me more (another Italian)
I also appreciated your patch for Eiji (about above: being on mugen already an eiji shikaragi, and later an eiji shirow, better to take only the shirow part, to avoid confusion). I'm often at work so i always try to follow this topic when possible. It's nice to see your Zorf again, and now it's more intriguing :D

I wish you all a great month  (mugen and not) ;)
#57  July 05, 2015, 01:41:34 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I used to chat with him via msn too, but I don't think we can find him anymore, surely he got a new email...

I edited a few sprites yesterday, going to change his stance and walk for sure, and thinking about changing a few animations but I want to finish the spritesheet first so in that way I think it will be easier to modify sprites and animations, I already see some sprites duplicate so I won time with those
            Zorf Giudecca
#58  August 02, 2015, 05:36:48 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
It has been harder than I tought but... progress is looking pretty cool no matter it has been slow...

I was kinda happy I received a PM by Rikard himself interested in this thing, so I hope he likes it and also he can join me to finish this guy because it's not that easy, it needs maby many fixes here and there

Anyways, just for that I think this need a little update and here is it... just to show you a few samples of old and new stuff

Also, I did a new stance today and wasn't really sure where I saw that pose before until I remembered Nameless looks kinda similar x(

showing you how the color edit separation would work (but I forgot to change some colors)

Don't pay attention to the shoes so far... also, would be a good idea to upload the spritesheet so if anyone wants to contribute with little fixes or changes can do it? like a mini-comunity project, because I can't use my Pc so often like before
            Zorf Giudecca
Re: Re: Zorf Giudecca & Eiji Shirow Sprite WIP
#59  August 02, 2015, 06:07:39 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
also, would be a good idea to upload the spritesheet so if anyone wants to contribute with little fixes or changes can do it? like a mini-comunity project, because I can't use my Pc so often like before

Not the best at SNK style, but I'd like to contribute even if a tiny bit, so I'd say go ahead and upload it. but that's up to you.

Also, I don't mean to sound snarky here but would it be alright if you post a small excerpt of your game's story? I'd like to know more about what the game will revolve around. Course you don't have to though. ^_^
#60  August 02, 2015, 06:33:50 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
The new update is great!
I hope you'll release it as a patch of edit character.

You both are great creators!
#61  August 02, 2015, 06:37:18 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I think I would upload both spritesheets (old and new) so people can contribute to this...
=====================================

well, just to give you an idea, I found some sketches and draws from Zorf made like 10-15 years ago I remember I created him like the bad guy that wins over the good guys (hope that's not really a spoiler)

my story was more focused on him and another 3 characters, had a few nonsense things back then, last time was worked around Hikaro, a character made by Riccochet and some Kalumon edits...

from the ideas I can remember and I would like to keep if this gets done at least as a demo, was the one for Anhell, a guy who gets help from another fighter who gets the task by a time traveler that believes "he is the chosen one" to save them from the chaos coming... and well, he wasn't, it turns that they were wrong about him xD

Zorf is a little more easier and complicated, because he is not a human, he is a created super human that was meant to be a soldier, someone who can resist diseases, war, fights, etc etc... the creator was also creating a female version and was hiding another 2 copies of them... shit happens, the creator has to release them without being complete because he was caught... he wansn't really creating what he was asked for, he was creating what he wanted to be the new "Adam and Eve" and that's why he gets in jail, but his creations are out somewhere...

in that idea, Zorf was being haunted because the government want him for them, but he was already smart and violent to let that happen, having a vision believing he is the all mighty one, the chosen man to save the Earth, save it from the humans... so, being attacked didn't help to change his mind and he starts to kill everyone that goes after him... his idea is to "bring order to chaos"

again... in this idea, we were going to use Hikaro, who was a gang leader who is commissioned to go after Zorf and kill him if he can't be captured... this was the last time Zorf was seen, but after beating all his crew, he left Hikaro live because he wanted to see him suffer... days later he kill Hikaro's girlfriend just to let him know, there are worst things than dead... and that's how Hikaro was introduce into the game...

Also Zorf was created to prevent the Chaos coming (have to say his creator was kinda religious and crazy)... but, they didn't knew the chaos they were trying yo avoid was Zorf himself... they created what they fear...

Zorf is alive, is a smart guy but pretty temperamental, strong, tall, not an average guy after all... but he believe he is dying and wants to find the other creations from the creator, because, after all, they were like "backups" and he believes he could take advantage about that

Hagen was different back then (was like a westler) so I don't know wich new story he has if we can make this thing works
            Zorf Giudecca
#62  August 02, 2015, 09:03:50 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
anonther update...

uploaded the spritesheet to Deviantart

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

and also to Sendspace (both spritesheets, original one and edited one so far) hope someone can help me to fix a few things or better yet to improve animations or even creating something new

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/XddcMSic%2B5TPgUobWT7oVQ

NOTE: Those animations that aren't really fixed yet probably would be changed, most of the obvious K edits need to be edited heavily or add new animations instead of those
            Zorf Giudecca
#63  August 02, 2015, 09:17:28 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Eyyy, that's not a bad story you got there. And I'll try and see what I can contribute to this. ^_^
#64  August 03, 2015, 01:46:28 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
don't use the spritesheet, wait for the .sff patch instead, like I told you on the stream, I think I already have like a 50% added, once I finish that I can upload the character to give him a second edit (more likely new fixes and change moves if possible)

so... that's the new, I added sprites to the character already... took me more time than spected because the program to split the sheet added some extra pixels in every sprite, and I had to erase all those to be able to split them... in fact, you can see it on the spritesheet above!

and believe me, erasing pixel sprite per sprite, pixel by pixel sometimes isn't fun or easy xD
            Zorf Giudecca
#65  August 04, 2015, 04:20:01 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
.sff file is like 60% done... I would say like 90% Eiji already done, but I need to add again the srtiker he has and a few more things... once the .sff is complete I will give him a second fix, because there's a few sprites I haven't edit and a few ones I'm gonna change a lot...

But I have this think wasting my time and I hope Thedge or someone else can help me to solve it

I used a program called Shoebox to make the spritesheet and the same to split the spriite sheet... all was happines until I had to add sprites, the program split the sprites but makes them .png images without the palette I was using... I have manage to add the palette in most of the sprites, but there are a few left... I think I can have a solution for that...

but aside that, what is bothering me is that I can switch palettes on Fighter Factory but I get only one palette in Mugen... I already changed the .def file, the pal=, the pal.order and I'm still getting the same thing... it makes me believe the sprites are not paletted... but they are, I can switch palettes o_o

Heavy images to show you

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I will try to add the missing sprites tomorrow (because seems I'm noto going to be in my house today)... and Hope someone can tell me what to do to avoid that ^
            Zorf Giudecca
#66  August 07, 2015, 03:08:08 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
well, fist beta from Eiji color separation end edited .sff is out...

I have added nearly all his animations needed, I have to add the FX but I'm not sure if that can change or be changed by the palette already in other sprites... so I'm gonna wait a bit there for help...

What's left?
-A few animations turn black because I didn't add 1 or 2 sprites that I;m going to change (those black ones will not be used)
-All FX animations, helpers or whatever they are called
-Second edit in the sprites to give you clean sprites without colors that are not suppose to appear
-Second edit to the .sff to make more consistent and better animations

Anyways, you can download it to check it out, save it as a backup or edit things by yourself to contribute with this project

DOWNLOAD: https://www.sendspace.com/file/pja9y4
            Zorf Giudecca
#67  August 08, 2015, 06:45:00 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
making something new...

it;s hard to do this character because I'm not a bad spriter but I;m not a good one, let's say I'm in the middle... and trying to make animations not taken from other sprites to make him look less iori or less Element is taking a lot of time and effort x(

anyways, here's an sketch of a new H.Punch

and an idea for a throw recicling that animation (and adding a few changes later)

==============================================================================

EDIT: I did a few changes and tried to give the overall idea in this gif

LAST SKETCH
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:06:38 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
#68  August 09, 2015, 05:47:29 am
  • Shit
That's a pretty neat attack there.

Shit
#69  August 16, 2015, 06:17:29 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
updated a bit the animation... not sure if the timing is correct but you already have the idea.... probably this could be a punch charged with some "magic" in it (something like the Rekkas from Kyo)

Zorf Giudecca
#70  February 15, 2016, 09:30:59 am
Link failure!Can you upload it again?
#71  February 15, 2016, 11:12:13 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Eiji or Zorf?

I could upload both tomorrow with a few more things, I just got Fighter Factory Classic working again, it makes edits easier.

Have to say, not really too much added on them, I have been working on a comission
            Zorf Giudecca
#72  February 15, 2016, 12:23:39 pm
Thank you NiO ErZeBeTh !~~
#73  February 15, 2016, 08:19:52 pm
Link failure!Can you upload it again?
Eiji or Zorf?

I could upload both tomorrow with a few more things, I just got Fighter Factory Classic working again, it makes edits easier.
I think he caller for Eiji . The link from 6 months ago is expired. But yes, all the 2 could be even better :D

Have to say, not really too much added on them, I have been working on a comission
Good for you. Commissions are always welcome (for the pay), so don't worry ;)

#74  February 16, 2016, 03:55:10 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
give me a few days and I will upload an slightly updated character, Eiji, Zorf and Leona from my avatar.
            Zorf Giudecca
Nio Sprite edits WIP
#75  February 16, 2016, 09:58:01 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
well, I think I should rename this as "Nio sprite edits" more likely... I will be working on athis CVS Benimaru comission

But in a few days I will do a few things about Leona and Eiji, because I'm used to sprite in Fighter Factory Classic and now that I have it back, I could go the old way and edit a lot of stuff already! :)

As soon as I make a few updates I will upload Eiji, Zorf and Leona (I think she is missing like 30 sprites or less)
            Zorf Giudecca
#76  February 16, 2016, 03:05:39 pm
glad to hear it! and nice beni cvs ;) he looks good :D
#77  March 14, 2016, 12:55:25 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
The characters have been released on the Screenpack I did a few days ago (SVC 1.1 edit Screenpack)

I'm gonna release them separatly soon again, need to finish a few Leona sprites, and redo all Eiji ones converting them into pcx, because I somehow fucked the sprites choosing the 1.1 options, without knowing it wouldn't let me change palettes... so, before fixing them, I will convert them...

Anyways, an update...

This comission is harder than it looks, some animations looks the same but they are not the same, so you can't just copy-paste stuff, also some of them have slightly variations here and there and it make it more harder xD

This is a little showcase, I'm glad the comissioner like the work done, because I have put a lot of effort there to avoid random changes in the animations, I want it to look real, without jiggling, jumping or appearing dots from nowhere

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:11:24 pm by NiO ErZeBeTh
#78  March 14, 2016, 01:30:48 pm
The CS patch looks great! :)