YesNoOk

# Moves possible? (Read 1355 times)

Started by Isaactoo, January 30, 2009, 06:28:39 am
Share this topic:
# Moves possible?
#1  January 30, 2009, 06:28:39 am
I'm a noob...but I have spent some hours already configuring MUGEN...but when I play against some characters they use 1/3 more (unique) moves than I can. I try using pairs (up to 3 at once) of the six attack buttons, and holding one movement key down...but somehow I'm still missing something...

I've also tried looking at some of the readme files in the character folders...but couldn't make sense out of what buttons they meant.

So, I guess I'm asking what-all key combinations the game could possibly interpret as unique so I know what to try.

One example is Marvin the Martian - http://mugencharacters.ucoz.com/load/4-1-0-141, when the PC plays as him it's incredible.

Thanks,
Isaac
Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 06:32:12 am by Isaactoo
Re: # Moves possible?
#2  January 30, 2009, 06:05:28 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
What did the readme file say?

Also:
I try using pairs (up to 3 at once) of the six attack buttons, and holding one movement key down...but somehow I'm still missing something...

Few people, if any, uses commands like that.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#3  January 30, 2009, 07:47:02 pm
Here's the controls section of Marvin's readme
Code:
  Controls

Super Motions;--------------------------------------------------------

name = "FATE!"
command = ~D, DF, F, b+c

name = "MarsMencer"
command = ~D, DF, F, y+z

name = "ABOMINABLE!"
command = ~D, DB, B, a+b
time = 45

name = "MARSATTACKS"
command = ~B, DB, D, DF, F, a+b
time = 45

name = "AIRFORCE!"
command = ~F, DF, D, DB, B, c+b
time = 15

There are more Suppers? Hmmmm

Special Motions;---------------------------------------------------

name = "Phazer"
command = ~B, DB, D, DF, F, z

name = "Martians!"
command = ~D, DB, B, a

name = "Cosmonade3"
command = ~D, DB, B, x

name = "PhazerLOW"
command = ~B, DB, D, DF, F, x

name = "Cosmonade"
command = ~D, DB, B, z

name = "Cosmonade2"
command = ~D, DB, B, y

name = "MARTIANMESSAGE!"
command = ~D, DF, F, c

name = "DESINTEGRATOOOR!"
command = ~D, DF, F, b

name = "LEVELER"
command = ~D, D, z

name = "Miss-ile"
command = ~D, DB, B, c

name = "Martio_matic"
command = ~D, DF, F, y

name = "DESRUPTOR!"
command = ~D, DF, F, a

name = "INVADE!"
command = ~D, DB, B, b 

name = "Blitzooka"
command = ~D, DF, F, x
#4  January 30, 2009, 07:55:41 pm
Quick lession. Will probably help in the future for other characters:

QCF: Quarter Circle forward, as in Down, Downforward, Forward/D, DF, F or Down Forward/D, F
HCF: Half Circle Forward. Back, Downback, Down, Downforward, Forward/B, DB, D, DF, F or Back Down Forward/B, D, F

QCB: Quarter Circle Back, as in Down, Downback, Back/D, DB, B or Down, Back/D, B
HCB: Half Circle Back. Just a reverse HCF.

DP: Dragon Punch (so named for the Shouryuken motion). Forward, Down, Down Forward/F, D, DF
RDP: Reverse Dragon Punch Back, Down, Downback/B, D, DB

Upforward, Up, and Upback are generally used for 360 motions (Up, Upforward, Forward, Downforward, Down, Downback, Back, Upback, and all the counter clockwise and clockwise variations that would be pointless to list)

A, B, C, X, Y, Z are attack buttons and not the buttons on your keyboard (B+C doesn't mean press both keyboard buttons B and C, but both attack buttons B and C). To see what buttons on your keyboard correspond to the attack buttons, go to the options and find where you change the button inputs (I forgot the exact name).
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:01:08 pm by The Rippah, Roo'jizah Panzermanathod
#5  January 30, 2009, 08:08:27 pm
Thanks for the info. But do all the comas between the commands mean that you have to press all those things in that order to issure that command, or are they alternatives?
So to issue QCF I need to press down, then down+forward, then... etcetera...?
also, does the D mean down in Forward/D

I know what I have A, B, C, X, Y, Z defined as, along with the four moment keys.
#6  January 30, 2009, 08:19:52 pm
Thanks for the info. But do all the comas between the commands mean that you have to press all those things in that order to issure that command, or are they alternatives?

You have to press them in a sequence.

So to issue QCF I need to press down, then down+forward, then... etcetera...?

Yeah, Down, Downforward, Forward. I only mentioned QCF because some character's help files will refer to QCF, as well as HCF, and etc.

also, does the D mean down in Forward/D

You may have read my post a little differently than I intended. The slash is just there for seperation, i.e. Down, Downforward, Forward/D, DF, F  are the same motions, just different ways of saying them.  But, yes, D does mean Down.

Cenobite 53 said:
#7  January 30, 2009, 09:24:11 pm
Maybe I'm trying to hard or something, but I just can't seem to pull it off...although I know the move is there...I've actually executed this one before accidentally.
Ok, so for Spiderman, when it says

Web Swing
 D,DB,B + kick

I need to press down, let go of down, press Down & B at the same time, then press B & kick (which is X in this case)
Do I need to let go of down, or can I just hold it?
How fast do I need to pull this off normally? The whole thing in a second...half a sec...or do I have more time?

What does the ~ mean? (like in ~D)

Maybe I'm just too slow  :-\
Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:40:07 pm by Isaactoo
#8  January 30, 2009, 10:56:57 pm
The direction keys need to be done in a motion. You press down, then press back while holding down, then let go of down, then press kick while your finger is on back. The length of time you need to do varies depending on how it's coded, but it's *generally* not longer than a half second. At least not for QCF type motions. They cannot be given too much time to do because that would mess up your fighting.

Basically, you have to do the motion fairly quickly, but you at least have a little leeway. Just practice. You're not doing it too slow, you just doing it wrong (don't take this the wrong way).

Moves generally consist of a directional motion, then an attack button. There are few exceptions, but it's nothing to worry about at the moment.

The tilda (~) is a coding thing. It's been a while since I was able to dabble in Mugen programing, but if you're simply trying to do the moves then that's nothing to worry about.

And if Marvin's list is like that in a normal file, it would seem as though DDR simply copied part of his .CMD file and pasted it onto another, which isn't really a bad thing. It should be noted that in the .CMD file, the directional keys are all uppercase letters, and the attack buttons are lowercase.

Anything else?

Cenobite 53 said:
#9  January 31, 2009, 01:13:26 am
Thanks a lot for all your help :)

It really helped a lot knowing
the directional keys are all uppercase letters, and the attack buttons are lowercase.
Now I can do all the moves fine =)

I don't think I have any more questions.
Thanks again.
Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 01:18:08 am by Isaactoo
#10  January 31, 2009, 01:49:15 am
Coo'

Cenobite 53 said: