YesNoOk

Change command of guardstate, disable crouch state? (Read 1545 times)

Started by andreijas96, January 27, 2020, 04:55:17 pm
Share this topic:
Change command of guardstate, disable crouch state?
#1  January 27, 2020, 04:55:17 pm
    • Sweden
Hello!
I'm fairly new at this so i need to ask for help on this one. I'm trying to setup a template for my future characters in my project.

I want the character to go in to the guard/block state while holding the "down" button. And i want to get rid of the
"crouching" state.
I need an animation state when he enters & stays in block state. When you release the button i want him
to go in to animation guard end state and back to the regular standing state (0)

I dont want any "crouching" state on my characters. I want to change it for the block state instead. Every interaction will be in standing & air states instead.

I hope you can help me & this works! :)

PS. I actually managed to get to the "guard" state animation by holding the down direction. But i couldn't go to the
end guardstate animation when i released the button. I got to the standing state directly without any animation inbetween.
That didn't look good. CLOSE ENOUGH!

Once again, thanks for your time and tell me if i didn't make myself clear enough and i will try again! :)
Re: Change command of guardstate, disable crouch state?
#2  January 28, 2020, 09:01:39 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So you have a few ways of doing the animation.
You can have your holding down state switch to the animation, and then ends.
You can have your holding down state switch to a state that plays the animation and then ends.
You can have your standing state play your animation and then switch to standing.

Which way sounds best?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv