YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734755 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:

lui

Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#1081  November 16, 2018, 07:03:05 pm
    • USA
blue cat guy obviously doesn't appreciate anything put into it so people like him who have unrealistic expectations are people who can say that apparently.
#1082  November 17, 2018, 12:13:08 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
That is the sad truth. No matter how amazing something looks, even if it's close to perfect, someone is bound to be disappointed, even as far as being ungrateful.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#1083  November 17, 2018, 12:15:17 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
doraemon guy has always been like that
#1084  November 17, 2018, 04:15:51 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Falco has a new victory pose where he walks to the camera, shrugs and says "Sorry! Gotta jet!" while crossing his arms. It replaces his victory pose where he says "You aren't worth the trouble."
#1085  November 17, 2018, 05:10:03 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I can be hyper-critical about the things I like, going on pedantic with things like anything Metroid in this game, but there's always a majority of good surrounding any news with this game.  I find it hard to believe one can find absolutely nothing good about this game like that.  Yes, they missed out on the very clear obvious choice in making Shadow a character, but you still literally have the rest of the game to enjoy, and in the end it's just Shadow.  A secondary character who beyond simplicity in bringing to Smash by pasting over Sonic's pre-existing moves is probably third on the list of more appropriate Sonic characters to get in. (And way down the list on Sega as a whole)

Anyways, speaking of being pedantic about Metroid, it just occurred to me that with voiced cutscenes, including those typically previously in the "Do Not Voice" category of Nintendo characters like pre-BotW Zelda, that they might have Link throw out a line or two, but as bizarre as that is to consider on its own, more bothering to me is what are they gonna do with Samus?  This is still clearly Other M Samus, for god knows what reason they stick to it at this point.  I sincerely do not wish that we get all this great game and bog down her participation in it with more "The Baby"-esque dialogue.  I think Sakamoto got the message reluctantly over the years, but don't know Sakurai's stance on the matter of Samus' character?
#1086  November 17, 2018, 01:54:10 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Sakurai made it pretty explicit that this is not going to be like Subspace Emissary, so I wouldn't get your hopes up for a bunch of fully voiced cutscenes.  If there is dialogue the majority of it will likely be delivered via text.

:EDIT:  Palutena's guidance is back, with new convos for all the newcomers (and presumably the Sm4sh DLC crew who never got a proper one).

Sounds like they had to get a different VA for Viridi.
Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 11:09:42 pm by Person Man
#1087  November 20, 2018, 01:04:05 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
If only Snake got the same treatment, but it's no doubt way more of a hassle since he's not a first party Nintendo IP like Pit is.
#1088  November 20, 2018, 02:39:28 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Here's some clean gameplay of World of Light

Looks way more fun than I thought.
#1089  November 20, 2018, 03:08:28 am
    • USA
I love that there's a Dan Hibiki spirit fight against a Ken who never stops taunting.
#1090  November 20, 2018, 11:33:45 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA

Big spotlight for Xander Mobus for this video. I died when he asked does he get overtime.
#1091  November 20, 2018, 11:41:37 pm
    • USA
#1092  November 21, 2018, 12:42:25 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:44:31 am by DarkWolf13
#1093  November 21, 2018, 12:52:15 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Sixteen more days until release.

Who is planning to get the game on day one?

I probably would get it on day one, but I haven't preordered the game and I am willing to bet that by the time I get to the store to pick up a copy, they will be all gone.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1094  November 21, 2018, 11:14:57 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I already pre-ordered mine back in August so I have nothing to worry about except the long line to get the game... I wonder if the line will be shorter after 3PM cuz I'm off work at that time. Unfortunately I can't get the Wolf Amiibo the same day cuz it's coming from the warehouse so I have to wait between the 10th and 13th to get it. Least the Amiibo's fully paid so I can pick it up without getting in line.
#1095  November 22, 2018, 12:44:33 am
  • My username has a history to it.
    • USA
    • pineappleproducer.webs.com/
I ordered the special edition from Gamestop, but it isn't available to pick up in store for whatever reason. All I know is it better get here quick, cuz I paid top dollar for the quickest shipping they had to offer.
*I have an uncle who can't grasp why Donkey Kong isn't on PlayStation 3.
*EMBRACE YOUR INNER WEEABOO!!! :D
*Proud owner of Godzilla on PS4.

#1096  November 22, 2018, 12:52:26 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I ordered the special edition too, but yeah, I wasn't going to spend an extra $40 for day-one shipping, when I'm sure I'm not gonna die not being there from zero hour of release, and it's not like if there's anything to be spoiled that hasn't been yet that I wouldn't get shoved down my throat through social media prior to me getting anywhere far in the game should I get it right away.
Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 03:47:39 pm by Long John Killer
#1097  November 22, 2018, 02:35:56 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I still need to cancel my GameStop preorder and buy the digital preorder w dlc
#1098  November 22, 2018, 08:37:44 am
  • Was it something I said?
All you need to do to get Piranha Plant with physical copy is register the game.
#1099  November 22, 2018, 03:21:50 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I just no longer want to risk the kids losing physical copies :p
#1100  November 23, 2018, 04:52:23 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Makes sense. :)